Pauls Final 2 speech

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10039

PostSubject: Pauls Final 2 speech   Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:45 pm

All of you should vote for me, because it was the hardest thing ever to play a game that I just played last summer against a group of people who never saw the show, and didn't know what a veto was, like I didn't last year.

Being the only vet made me a huge target, so I reminded everyone of that every chance I could.

Also, I controlled the entire game, but I had no idea any of you were getting evicted and I tried to save you all.

I had to fight for my life every single week against people who desperatley wanted to protect me and lose to me. Can you believe I pulled that off? That's impressive.

I did this for my family, like my firlfirend, who might still be my girlfriend, I'm not sure, and my cousin who battles the Twitter trolls.

You've done everything I've told you to do all summer, so don't stop now, vote for me, and if you don't, they'll just put me on BB20 with even more ridiculous advantages. So if not for me, do it for the viewers who don't want to put up with me for another summer.

Finally, I'm not a potty mouth. Cody is.
Back to top Go down
nitewings
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

Male Posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:37 pm

ctown28 wrote:
All of you should vote for me, because it was the hardest thing ever to play a game that I just played last summer against a group of people who never saw the show, and didn't know what a veto was, like I didn't last year.

Being the only vet made me a huge target, so I reminded everyone of that every chance I could.

Also, I controlled the entire game, but I had no idea any of you were getting evicted and I tried to save you all.

I had to fight for my life every single week against people who desperatley wanted to protect me and lose to me.  Can you believe I pulled that off?  That's impressive.

I did this for my family, like my firlfirend, who might still be my girlfriend, I'm not sure, and my cousin who battles the Twitter trolls.

You've done everything I've told you to do all summer, so don't stop now, vote for me, and if you don't, they'll just put me on BB20 with even more ridiculous advantages.  So if not for me, do it for the viewers who don't want to put up with me for another summer.

Finally, I'm not a potty mouth.  Cody is.

Excellent post...
Cody as the potty mouth is funny...
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:37 pm

ctown28 wrote:

I had to fight for my life every single week against people who desperatley wanted to protect me and lose to me.  Can you believe I pulled that off?  That's impressive.

You've done everything I've told you to do all summer, so don't stop now, vote for me, and if you don't, they'll just put me on BB20 with even more ridiculous advantages.  So if not for me, do it for the viewers who don't want to put up with me for another summer.

Love it!

clapping
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 am

ctown28 wrote:

clapping clapping clapping

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:36 am

Paul has been practicing his speech any time he has a moment alone. He says it in a little different wording from time to time, but this is the basic format for it:

Houseguests, I know that at some point each of you have wanted to, thought of, or tried to get me out of the game, not necessarily because of what I did but because of who I was, the obvious target. I was the unleashed punishment on the house, the only returning vet and the most obvious target. I was immediately placed at a disadvantage as the odd man out and instantly forced to play a different game than all of you. Since people knew who I was and how I played, I omitted bracelets from certain people so they would show their skills and capabilities. Of course I didn't want the first HOH. I needed someone else to take it and make enemies of their own and they did, sorry Cody.

Then I had what was a seemingly perfect HOH the second week. I set an example of always having a house target and from then on everyone looked to me for advice and I controlled every HOH except 2 and on those I flipped the house to keep Christmas and flipped the house to keep Josh, so I controlled the outcome. I made sure that even though people wanted me out there was always a bigger target, a house target.

After surviving the first DE, the targets in the house started to shrink and I had to change my strategy. I positioned myself between 3 pairs, Joshmas, Maven and Jalex in such a perfect way that I didn't have to win any comps from that point forward. Instead I had certain people win and start taking shots at each other. One by one they took out each other and I dodged my way to the top where I was stuck with the final pair of Joshmas.

From there I knew I had to win myself to the end and I did. I won the most important HOH to secure my place in final 3 and won the veto to secure who went to the final 3 with me. I won parts 1 and 3 of the final HOH to put myself here and I CHOSE who is sitting next to me as well. I tallied 10 comps this season and every HOH win I had I also won the veto in the same week to keep all the power myself. And the vetoes that I won otherwise were the most pivotal to win to secure my place at the end of the game.

From the second I walked in those doors I worked my ass off day after day not only as the most obvious target or the biggest threat, but whether I was your friend, your ally, your mentor or your target, everyone wanted to know what I thought and what I was doing and I still fought my way to this point right here without ever touching the block and that's not with luck, and that's not by friendship, that's by playing the hell out of BB which is exactly what I came back here to do.

I have to say it is a pretty good speech. I think talking about the HUGE disadvantages at the beginning instead of saying he took advantage of the safety and the bracelets is a mistake because it is like he is trying to hide that fact or something. I also find it interesting that he says he was "stuck" with Joshmas instead of saying he chose them as weaker opponents or something about strategy there. He makes it sound like the couples made moves against each other, he dodged all the bullets and made his way to the end instead of controlling them. But anyway, there it is the "hard fought" story that is Paul's BB19 game. Personally, I think the speech Ctown posted was much more accurate and entertaining!

On a side note, I have not seen Josh practicing ANYTHING about what he will say at the end. If he just talks off the cuff, he is REALLY in trouble and will come off as a gibbering idiot for sure.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Paul is delusional, the very start of his speech is crap. You are not going to tell me that he wasn't trying for that first HoH. If he was truly throwing it, he wouldn't have shutup about it in the DR. Not to mention, there was no point in him going for that second HoH that was thrown to him. He was already safe and in reality shouldn't have even been eligible to play in it. Tons of holes in his speech.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:52 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Paul is delusional, the very start of his speech is crap.  You are not going to tell me that he wasn't trying for that first HoH.  If he was truly throwing it, he wouldn't have shutup about it in the DR.  Not to mention, there was no point in him going for that second HoH that was thrown to him.  He was already safe and in reality shouldn't have even been eligible to play in it.  Tons of holes in his speech.

I agree with you that he is delusional and there are holes in his speech, but I think this jury will eat it up unfortunately. It would be different if they could ask questions after hearing his speech, but they are already set up with the questions, which is another reason that the question part is really stupid.

There is no way he was throwing that first HOH. He wanted it, Cody just kicked his ass. And for his comp wins, the majority of his wins were comps where others were flat out throwing them anyway or he was helped by the group with the studying sessions. Hell Cody almost beat him in the weather comp without even hearing most of the announcements. The comps he has won recently were against the weakest competition in the house. Sure he beat Alex in BB comics, but Alex insinuated that she slowed up a bit because she thought it was best for Paul to win so they were both safe. She didn't outright throw it, just did what she thought she needed to in order to beat Josh and Kevin, which is exactly what she did.

I do wonder how Raven will spin this in her head though because he is basically saying he has no loyalty or allegiance to anyone, which is something she won't be able to swallow. Not that it will matter, she will vote for him anyway, but if I am Mark and sitting close enough to her, I would lean in and say "well, it looks like he played you and Matt too!"
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Paul is delusional, the very start of his speech is crap.  You are not going to tell me that he wasn't trying for that first HoH.  If he was truly throwing it, he wouldn't have shutup about it in the DR.  Not to mention, there was no point in him going for that second HoH that was thrown to him.  He was already safe and in reality shouldn't have even been eligible to play in it.  Tons of holes in his speech.

I agree with you that he is delusional and there are holes in his speech, but I think this jury will eat it up unfortunately.  It would be different if they could ask questions after hearing his speech, but they are already set up with the questions, which is another reason that the question part is really stupid.  

There is no way he was throwing that first HOH.  He wanted it, Cody just kicked his ass.  And for his comp wins, the majority of his wins were comps where others were flat out throwing them anyway or he was helped by the group with the studying sessions.  Hell Cody almost beat him in the weather comp without even hearing most of the announcements.  The comps he has won recently were against the weakest competition in the house.  Sure he beat Alex in BB comics, but Alex insinuated that she slowed up a bit because she thought it was best for Paul to win so they were both safe.  She didn't outright throw it, just did what she thought she needed to in order to beat Josh and Kevin, which is exactly what she did.

I do wonder how Raven will spin this in her head though because he is basically saying he has no loyalty or allegiance to anyone, which is something she won't be able to swallow.  Not that it will matter, she will vote for him anyway, but if I am Mark and sitting close enough to her, I would lean in and say "well, it looks like he played you and Matt too!"

His speech will not affect anything, the jury will have their minds made up going in. Whether or not they are still bitter or come around may be a different story but the speeches will not sway anyone one way or another.

As far as Pauls comp wins, lets take a look at them, Just about every single one was the same comp that he won last year, even the first one, he hosted that same comp in BBOTT and had a similiar one in his season. His comp wins aren't anything great.

Raven will continue to delude herself and spin it that Paul is talking to the rest of them but not her and Matt. She knew this was going to be his speech all along and they even planned it that way.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:35 am

ctown28 wrote:
His speech will not affect anything, the jury will have their minds made up going in.  Whether or not they are still bitter or come around may be a different story but the speeches will not sway anyone one way or another.

As far as Pauls comp wins, lets take a look at them, Just about every single one was the same comp that he won last year, even the first one, he hosted that same comp in BBOTT and had a similiar one in his season.  His comp wins aren't anything great.

Raven will continue to delude herself and spin it that Paul is talking to the rest of them but not her and Matt.  She knew this was going to be his speech all along and they even planned it that way.

Ctown, I am going to call you out a bit on this one. I have seen you post things that people should stand up and say on finale night as their argument of why they should win or to explain their strategy, and now you are saying it won't make any difference one way or the other. So if the finale night speech makes no difference, then why should ANYONE make an argument of this or that? I agree that most people have decided before then, but there have been times when jury members were swayed on finale night by comments that were made by the final 2 people.

As far as Raven, I 100% agree that she will delude herself about anything Paul says because she believes that he is going to "help" her after the show. He has talked about designing shirts with proceeds going to her and other "marketing" type stuff (most of which is a crock of shit for sure), so she is going to shine that apple for sure. He also said he would help her with "contacts" in LA when she moves her and her mother out there, like he is some sort of celebrity or something. It still mystifies me that he knew her prior to the show and didn't seem to know that she was a pathological liar and a scam artist, but once he gets out, even if his "help" was on the scale he described to her, I am sure that well will dry up quickly once the backlash hits.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:38 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
His speech will not affect anything, the jury will have their minds made up going in.  Whether or not they are still bitter or come around may be a different story but the speeches will not sway anyone one way or another.

As far as Pauls comp wins, lets take a look at them, Just about every single one was the same comp that he won last year, even the first one, he hosted that same comp in BBOTT and had a similiar one in his season.  His comp wins aren't anything great.

Raven will continue to delude herself and spin it that Paul is talking to the rest of them but not her and Matt.  She knew this was going to be his speech all along and they even planned it that way.

Ctown, I am going to call you out a bit on this one.  I have seen you post things that people should stand up and say on finale night as their argument of why they should win or to explain their strategy, and now you are saying it won't make any difference one way or the other.  So if the finale night speech makes no difference, then why should ANYONE make an argument of this or that?  I agree that most people have decided before then, but there have been times when jury members were swayed on finale night by comments that were made by the final 2 people.  

As far as Raven, I 100% agree that she will delude herself about anything Paul says because she believes that he is going to "help" her after the show.  He has talked about designing shirts with proceeds going to her and other "marketing" type stuff (most of which is a crock of shit for sure), so she is going to shine that apple for sure.  He also said he would help her with "contacts" in LA when she moves her and her mother out there, like he is some sort of celebrity or something.  It still mystifies me that he knew her prior to the show and didn't seem to know that she was a pathological liar and a scam artist, but once he gets out, even if his "help" was on the scale he described to her, I am sure that well will dry up quickly once the backlash hits.

Just because I think there are certain things to be said doesn't mean it will sway anyone. Actually it's quite the opposite. You still have to come across as articulate and know what you're talking about. A horrible jury speech is more likely to sway people against you than a great speech is going to sway them for you. Case in point, Gina Marie and season 15
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:14 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Just because I think there are certain things to be said doesn't mean it will sway anyone.  Actually it's quite the opposite.  You still have to come across as articulate and know what you're talking about.  A horrible jury speech is more likely to sway people against you than a great speech is going to sway them for you.  Case in point, Gina Marie and season 15

I also believe a great jury speech can sway people over to your side as well. Case in point, Ian. I thought he made a great speech, spoke from his heart, outlined what he did and then topped it off with a few well-placed comments when it came to the questions portion of the finale. I actually believe he swayed at least a couple of votes there.

Josh has not talked to the cameras about his speech, but I am guessing he will say he was loyal and called people out on their crap. He will also say he kept his word to people he felt loyalty to throughout the game. If he goes down this road, those bitter jury members will probably flip back over to Paul. He started the game with Jason and Mark. Then he was with Alex, Jason and Kevin, with Mark at a distance. Then he just kept moving from there. If he tries to sell staying loyal to the one group for the entire game, it isn't going to fly.

But he did make a comment the other day that I believe he should incorporate into his speech. He said he never went against Alex and Jason until the numbers were down and they were competing against each other. He had to make a choice and Jason would not commit to anything past final 6 or 5 with Josh, but Paul and Christmas were committed, so he made the choice that was best for his game at the time. That is something that can be respected and the groundwork has been laid for that from his talks with Alex after Jason left. If he goes with the "loyal all game, real all game, honest all game" theme he will lose.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 pm

chap5788 wrote:

I also believe a great jury speech can sway people over to your side as well.  Case in point, Ian.  I thought he made a great speech, spoke from his heart, outlined what he did and then topped it off with a few well-placed comments when it came to the questions portion of the finale.  I actually believe he swayed at least a couple of votes there.  

Ian was the beneficiary of poor jury management from Dan. He simply alienated too many people and too many thought he played a dirty game. Dan even admits this now. BB14 was a classic case of a bitter jury.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:39 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

I also believe a great jury speech can sway people over to your side as well.  Case in point, Ian.  I thought he made a great speech, spoke from his heart, outlined what he did and then topped it off with a few well-placed comments when it came to the questions portion of the finale.  I actually believe he swayed at least a couple of votes there.  

Ian was the beneficiary of poor jury management from Dan.  He simply alienated too many people and too many thought he played a dirty game.  Dan even admits this now.  BB14 was a classic case of a bitter jury.

Well, jury management is part of the game and if you don't take care of it, you lose. Just like choosing the wrong person to take to the final 2. You can piss people off when you send them to jury, but if you don't own your behavior and your moves, it just comes off as dirty and shady. Evel Dick pissed off every single member of the jury but he owned his behavior and definitely outplayed Daniele too.

Personally had I been in the jury for BB14, I would have voted for Ian. I believe he had a much harder road to travel with his social anxiety and problems. He managed the bumps in the road well and if you remember, Boogie even said Ian should win. But this is one we have debated before and neither of us will ever change our mind. I just know I am right!

neener neener neener
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Ian was the beneficiary of poor jury management from Dan.  He simply alienated too many people and too many thought he played a dirty game.  Dan even admits this now.  BB14 was a classic case of a bitter jury.

Well, jury management is part of the game and if you don't take care of it, you lose.  Just like choosing the wrong person to take to the final 2.  You can piss people off when you send them to jury, but if you don't own your behavior and your moves, it just comes off as dirty and shady.  Evel Dick pissed off every single member of the jury but he owned his behavior and definitely outplayed Daniele too.

Personally had I been in the jury for BB14, I would have voted for Ian.  I believe he had a much harder road to travel with his social anxiety and problems.  He managed the bumps in the road well and if you remember, Boogie even said Ian should win.  But this is one we have debated before and neither of us will ever change our mind.  I just know I am right!

Yes Jury management is a part of the game. Dan had horrible jury management that season and admits to it. It's not the same as Dick. Yes Dick made a lot of enemies, but he also managed the jury and had one on ones with each and every one of them before they left the house. Jessica was the only player that he blindsided that entire season (Of Course Dustin is something completely different, but Dick didn't do it to blindside him, but to save himself). He recently stated how he felt bad about it.

I agree Ian had a much more difficult read and even said it back then. Ian didn't have the 3 or 4 weeks of safety that the other coaches did before they decided to play the game. That alone is what edges it out for me. As far as actual gameplay, with manipulating and such, Dan outplayed him. But Dan also outplayed himself at the end. Another thing that he sees and owns up to now
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:31 am

So Paul had his collected Final 2 speech and completely fucked it up. That’s the problem with planning it ahead of time. He completely contradicted himself with his jury answers. It further magnified how horrible he is at this game. Yes, he got to the end but how far would he get without all the advantages given him. Anyone who says he’s one of the best ever is as delusional as Raven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pauls Final 2 speech   

Back to top Go down

Pauls Final 2 speech
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1