Share | 

Strategy Sessions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Strategy Sessions   Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:38 pm

I have watched many of these strategy sessions (and I use this term loosely) with various groups over the past couple of days and just when I think some of the people can't get any dumber, they prove me wrong.

For instance, Matt and Raven are having a strategy session with Christmas in the HOH. They went to her for advice on negotiations if it is an endurance comp that comes down to one of them with Alex. Raven said if it were her and Alex she would tell Alex their target is the same (Kevin) and she needs a letter from her mom to see how her surgery went, blah, blah, blah. Christmas approved of this. Then Matt said he thinks he knows Alex pretty well and she won't "jump off" unless they promise safety for her and Jason. Then he states that he is not giving his word anymore in this game, and if he does, he will not go back on it. Christmas then said that he can't promise to keep Alex and Jason safe because they need to both go on the block to get Jason out. He said that is why they need advice.

Then Christmas in her infinite wisdom says to use a double negative, which she has to clarify for Matt and after some discussion they figure out that won't work. They keep saying to use the "our target is the same" with Alex, but they know Alex won't come down unless that promise of safety is made. Then they said they could make that promise to Alex, but not include Jason, but they figure out that won't work either.

Then they talk about if Matt or Raven win, that it might be a good idea if Christmas would take one of the apples so that Alex, Jason or Kevin can't take one. Christmas was asking them about benefits and stuff like that but this went nowhere either.

This is NOT rocket science. If you are on a wall or hanging from a rope or whatever the fuck it is and you can't go any longer, you get safety for yourself and one other person and drop. If you are able to continue, then you continue and win the damn thing without promising anything, plain and simple. So you either win the damn thing or you and your partner are safe.

Then if you win, you put the other couple up on the block TOGETHER. No pissing around with backdoors and bullshit like that. You put your targets up. If one wins veto, you have to put up a person who is in no danger of going home to ensure your target leaves, in this case Paul.

Matt and Raven's strategy session all contain the same details, who can they throw the comp to, what will happen if they lose and how to be sure they don't have to do anything to accomplish the goal of the week.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10037

PostSubject: Re: Strategy Sessions   Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 am

A Matt and Raven strategy session is an oxymoron. She is getting on everyone's last nerve now. If Jason or Alex win HoH, those two will be the targets. If it's josh or Christmas it will be Jason or Alex. Kevin is the pawn in all of this and is the second option. The one not in danger? Paul of course. Although Paul is on Jason's radar but I don't think he has the gumption or the votes to take a shot
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Strategy Sessions   Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:28 am

That is why I said I use the term loosely, it is almost painful to watch them. I think I lost more brain cells just listening to them.

One thing I did learn from this talk was that Christmas is not as smart as I thought she was. Not about being banded to Paul or protecting him or whatever, but just in general intelligence. I thought that she was just a bit cloudy on her thinking this season because she was on the pain killers and such. I mean you could tell when she was really drugged up. But she is supposedly off all of that now and thinking clearly. If tonight is an indication of her intelligence, then I was completely wrong about her for sure.

They started talking about the apples again because she wanted to explore the pros and cons to having her take an apple to keep Jason and Alex from taking one. They went through the various apples. When they were discussing the 2 veto thing, she had to have it explained to her how Jason and Alex could both get vetoes. In her mind, if SHE chose that apple but couldn't compete in the veto, 2 vetoes would not be up for grabs because it was HER apple! Then they decided this wouldn't be too bad because then they could always send Kevin home.

They discussed the eliminate 2 votes option and this is where I REALLY saw the lack of intelligence and common sense in the room more than ever before. They were saying this would be of no help to Jason and Alex because the whole house would vote according to the HOH anyway, and 2 votes would do nothing. Christmas said there would be six votes so taking 2 away does nothing because they could break the tie. Then Matt said "wait, we will be down to 8..." Raven interjects...."3 people not voting, which leaves 4 votes." This must be the new Mensa math apparently. They surmise if 2 votes were taken away it would not mean anything.

So even if they were able to figure out 8 minus 3 is 5, do they not realize that if one of them is off the block and the other is on the block, they already have 1 vote. If they take out 2 votes, they only need to flip 1 vote to have them both stay in the house. So discounting this apple is just plain stupid, not to mention the Mensa math they were using.

Christmas is very intrigued by doing this because she says it would make it look like she is not with Matt and Raven at all, and don't trust them. She is not too worried about the bounty one or even the not competing in the next HOH (I think she is starting to think about jury votes and doesn't really want that power anymore). I think she wants this spotlight as being a "gamer" or something and be in the spotlight.

:facepalm:
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: Strategy Sessions   Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 am

ctown28 wrote:
A Matt and Raven strategy session is an oxymoron.  She is getting on everyone's last nerve now.  If Jason or Alex win HoH, those two will be the targets.  If it's josh or Christmas it will be Jason or Alex.  Kevin is the pawn in all of this and is the second option.  The one not in danger?  Paul of course.  Although Paul is on Jason's radar but I don't think he has the gumption or the votes to take a shot

He would never do it, too much Alex mist.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Strategy Sessions   Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:09 am

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
A Matt and Raven strategy session is an oxymoron.  She is getting on everyone's last nerve now.  If Jason or Alex win HoH, those two will be the targets.  If it's josh or Christmas it will be Jason or Alex.  Kevin is the pawn in all of this and is the second option.  The one not in danger?  Paul of course.  Although Paul is on Jason's radar but I don't think he has the gumption or the votes to take a shot

He would never do it, too much Alex mist.

More like Alex physical and verbal abuse than mist!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strategy Sessions   

Back to top Go down

Strategy Sessions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1