The HOUSE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: The HOUSE   Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:28 am

Little rant coming.....Every year this makes me crazy. The HOUSE is referred to as an active entity. It is all about what the HOUSE wants. Everyone must vote the way the HOUSE wants. The HOUSE is against you. Sorry, I did not realize it had a say. It makes me want to scream every time someone uses that phrase.

If I were in the house and I won HoH, I would nominate who I think would best serve MY game, not what the HOUSE wants. This is why I would not last long in the HOUSE (or I would get kicked out for cutting Raven's cinnamon buns of her head while she sleeps)!

Rant concluded.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7440

PostSubject: Re: The HOUSE   Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:36 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Little rant coming.....Every year this makes me crazy.  The HOUSE is referred to as an active entity.  It is all about what the HOUSE wants.  Everyone must vote the way the HOUSE wants.  The HOUSE is against you.  Sorry, I did not realize it had a say.  It makes me want to scream every time someone uses that phrase.  

If I were in the house and I won HoH, I would nominate who I think would best serve MY game, not what the HOUSE wants.  This is why I would not last long in the HOUSE (or I would get kicked out for cutting Raven's cinnamon buns of her head while she sleeps)!

Rant concluded.

I think that was the point that Cody and Jess were trying to make to Paul last week but he got lost with his man juice and decided to make it a pissing contest with Paul.

:facepalm: Stupid, just plan ass stupid.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: The HOUSE   Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:25 pm

I will whole-heartedly join in this rant because it drives me NUTS every year. I also would never last long in the house, not just because of this situation, but because of my uncontrollable mouth when people get on my nerves (so about 1 hour after going into the house for most of these people).

If I were HOH I would put up my own targets and when a group of people tried to come to me and tell me I should do something better, my response would be "well all you have to do is win HOH and you can put those people. If I were going after a big target at an unusual time in the game (like Cody going after Paul the first week) I would have conversations with those close to me to secure votes, but I would not expect the ENTIRE house to follow me. In fact you can use that to your own advantage later in the season if the need arises. In fact, when I put up my targets I would tell people to vote whatever is best for their game and leave it at that. If I seriously want a certain person out that is a pretty big target, then I would sit them next to someone well liked after veto if I had that opportunity (like Jess didn't do with the Ramses/Josh situation).

This follow the leader bullshit is getting old and the only way that ends is if they start casting more people with a brain of their own and the guts to use it instead of people like Matt, Mark, Raven and the like.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10037

PostSubject: Re: The HOUSE   Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:35 pm

I have no problem with the term, it's just another way of saying everybody or majority.

I do disagree however about how they insist on a unanimous vote. If I'm HoH and I want Elena out, I'm going around and campaigning for the votes I need. One I have my majority secured, I'm done. Just make sure those are 100% secured. Just like Paul did when jess stupidly left Ramses up ther, he didn't need to worry about Mark and Elena so let them do their own thing and see where things fall.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7440

PostSubject: Re: The HOUSE   Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:22 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I have no problem with the term, it's just another way of saying everybody or majority.

I do disagree however about how they insist on a unanimous vote.  If I'm HoH and I want Elena out, I'm going around and campaigning for the votes I need.  One I have my majority secured, I'm done.  Just make sure those are 100% secured.  Just like Paul did when jess stupidly left Ramses up ther, he didn't need to worry about Mark and Elena so let them do their own thing and see where things fall.

No, Paul left them out of the loop so the would look sketchy as hell to Josh.

affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: The HOUSE   Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:05 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I will whole-heartedly join in this rant because it drives me NUTS every year.  I also would never last long in the house, not just because of this situation, but because of my uncontrollable mouth when people get on my nerves (so about 1 hour after going into the house for most of these people).

If I were HOH I would put up my own targets and when a group of people tried to come to me and tell me I should do something better, my response would be "well all you have to do is win HOH and you can put those people.  If I were going after a big target at an unusual time in the game (like Cody going after Paul the first week) I would have conversations with those close to me to secure votes, but I would not expect the ENTIRE house to follow me.  In fact you can use that to your own advantage later in the season if the need arises.  In fact, when I put up my targets I would tell people to vote whatever is best for their game and leave it at that.  If I seriously want a certain person out that is a pretty big target, then I would sit them next to someone well liked after veto if I had that opportunity (like Jess didn't do with the Ramses/Josh situation).  

This follow the leader bullshit is getting old and the only way that ends is if they start casting more people with a brain of their own and the guts to use it instead of people like Matt, Mark, Raven and the like.

Exactly! My noms, my week, not the house........this is why I would be booted really fast!

The follow the leader shit IS getting beyond old. Can someone please stand up? Surprise the hell out of me Josh and make a stand.

“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: The HOUSE   Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:23 am

capricious1 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
I will whole-heartedly join in this rant because it drives me NUTS every year.  I also would never last long in the house, not just because of this situation, but because of my uncontrollable mouth when people get on my nerves (so about 1 hour after going into the house for most of these people).

If I were HOH I would put up my own targets and when a group of people tried to come to me and tell me I should do something better, my response would be "well all you have to do is win HOH and you can put those people.  If I were going after a big target at an unusual time in the game (like Cody going after Paul the first week) I would have conversations with those close to me to secure votes, but I would not expect the ENTIRE house to follow me.  In fact you can use that to your own advantage later in the season if the need arises.  In fact, when I put up my targets I would tell people to vote whatever is best for their game and leave it at that.  If I seriously want a certain person out that is a pretty big target, then I would sit them next to someone well liked after veto if I had that opportunity (like Jess didn't do with the Ramses/Josh situation).  

Exactly! My noms, my week, not the house........this is why I would be booted really fast!

The follow the leader shit IS getting beyond old.  Can someone please stand up?  Surprise the hell out of me Josh and make a stand.

Josh actually IS trying to take a stand, but the people he is close to are too spineless. If they would take 5 minutes to listen to him, they would see his point. Jess and Cody are the ones you SEE coming, Elena is the one coming in from behind because she does talk really well. Also Paul's complete insistence on protecting Elena is sending up red flags for all these people, but they don't want to do anything about it. I have listened to conversations he has had today with Alex, Jason, Christmas and Kevin about sending out Elena and he makes his points. And then each and every one of them have said "we know Paul is playing the middle having Matt, Raven, Elena and Mark on one side and then Josh, Christmas, Kevin, Jason and Alex on the other, but it is okay."

SERIOUSLY? So you are okay with this guy, who is a vet and knows the game better than anyone else in the house, playing the middle and use the power to HIS OWN advantage, and you still want to have 100% loyalty to him? Where the hell is the logic in that one?

Josh's points to his "team" are solid:
1. Jess and Cody will be targets in front of them for virtually everyone in the house.
2. Cody and Jess are very loyal so if Josh's group keeps Jess in the house this week, they will go after all the others first there is no doubt about it.
3. His group can STILL target Cody and Jess anytime they want to because their deal would be a one-way street.
4. Cody and Jess will be responsible to for taking out people they don't want to take the shot at because of jury votes, etc.
5. Elena seems to be able to pull Paul back to her good side anytime she wants to do so, and could get him to target their group.
6. Elena has jumped ship from her closest friends (Cody/Jess) and her showmance at the drop of the hat, so how the hell can any of their group trust she won't do the same thing when they need her most. Cody and Jess are at least loyal people.

But tonight Christmas got cold feet and told Josh that Cody is more upset with the other side of the house and will have bigger targets in mind first. And then they will still have the option to pull him to their side because of that and he was convinced..............at least until his next DR session that is.

The one thing in Josh's favor is that Alex, Jason and Christmas have told Josh that if he makes a final decision on Wednesday or Thursday that he wants to go through with this plan, they will do it, and judging from follow up conversations with each other in smaller groups none of them want to lie to him or blindside him, so there is a chance he will get what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HOUSE   

Back to top Go down

The HOUSE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1