Share | 

The whitewash begins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: The whitewash begins   Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:07 pm

I have to say I was completely disappointed with the episode tonight. This is nothing new, but I really thought they would at least show some of Paul's instigating actions and saying things like he will break Cody and make him self-evict. I tell myself they are holding that for tomorrow night to be the bullying episode, but the way the edit went tonight, I am just not sure it will be what it should be.

First of all, they made Mark look like a really big guy. After the confrontation, he went to talk to Cody and they really plucked out some of the comments to make it look like he was willing to continue to stand up against the bullying, which is not the case.

When Cody was talking to Mark they showed parts of the conversation where he said now she thinks he is a villain but couldn't show him telling Mark that he doesn't care about the game, screwing things up with Jess meant a lot more to him. Then he told Mark that he was going to have to make Jess hate him so she won't use the hex, he will leave and they can meet up after the show to see if they can work things out and move forward. He was also in the have-not room crying and Kevin came in. He said he really screwed things up with Jess (which is why he was emotional) and he was going to get her to not use the hex and save her own game. Kevin told him he was a good man. But instead they just show him making the asshole comments to Jess without the background so he looks like a jerk instead of a guy who is trying to do what is best for her. He did say he was trying to jump on the grenade for her, but the whole context was basically lost in my opinion.

Then we come to the veto comp. Cody and Jess attended the first announcement, but once they knew what it was, they slept the rest of the time. The others stayed up all night, so that comment the DR fed to Jess saying she still wanted to win the veto comp was complete horseshit. She had already decided not to use the hex by that time.

I just hope that they show Paul for the big fucking snake he is and what he stoops to in order to try to take someone out of the game he can't beat any other way. Instead I suspect we will see it more like he is just a game master instead of the bully he really is. I just hope I am wrong about that.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7440

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:38 pm

I found hope in the last 30 seconds of the episode. The announcer said that something big sets the house upside down. Could it be they are going to show the house yelling at Cody and Jess as they sit in the hammock? Or Jason making the dick move at the veto ceremony? (mind you we all know who was behind that and there is no way they will show that Paul had a hand in that. But you know what? It doesn't matter because the BB universe already knows about it.) Or even Raven being very un-southerly?

I have to say this. One day someone is going to get killed on this show and I'm not even joking here. Mark looked ready to yoke the fuck out of Josh and seeing how he put up with it for a good 20 or 30 minutes of Josh braiding the fuck out of him, I'm surprised he didn't. But for production to come over the speaker and say "Go to opposites sides of the house" WTF? I think if Mark really wanted to kill Josh he could before production would do anything and no one there in the kitchen at the time could have stopped him.
And what about Cody....he's been trained to kill....Josh would be dead in less the half a second and Paul would be laying next to him on the ground. Not to mention he has two built in defense he could use that would more then likely allow him to get away with it. One, PTSD due to sever mental abuse by 9 other people and Two, temporary insanity due to the same reasoning. Who is going to stop someone from killing someone in that house? The house guests?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10037

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:43 am

I was enjoying tonight's episode. For once it wasn't the Paul show. I realize there was a lot of shit to cover between the nom ceremony and the veto ceremony. (Remember, they won't show anything post veto ceremony)

What is was disappointed in was we didn't get to see the veto ceremony. When have we ever not seen it on Wednesday? It's pretty much guaranteed the hex will be used so maybe they didn't want to go deeper into jess demands, once Paul used it on Jason, that sealed it would be used.

I did not expect to see the blow up from the other night as it happened post ceremony. But hey, there's a bright side to it. Now they won't have time tomorrow to do a stupid family segment where you see something like Paul's rich mother saying she wants him to win because she needs a new Bentley
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:58 am

ctown28 wrote:
I was enjoying tonight's episode.  For once it wasn't the Paul show.  I realize there was a lot of shit to cover between the nom ceremony and the veto ceremony.  (Remember, they won't show anything post veto ceremony)

What is was disappointed in was we didn't get to see the veto ceremony.  When have we ever not seen it on Wednesday?  It's pretty much guaranteed the hex will be used so maybe they didn't want to go deeper into jess demands, once Paul used it on Jason, that sealed it would be used.

I did not expect to see the blow up from the other night as it happened post ceremony.  But hey, there's a bright side to it.  Now they won't have time tomorrow to do a stupid family segment where you see something like Paul's rich mother saying she wants him to win because she needs a new Bentley

But everything is so out of sequence. That talk Jess and Paul had was before the veto, but they made it look like it was post veto. She had already decided BEFORE veto was even played that she was using the hex to save her and Cody which is why they slept through the entire thing and still got 15 and 12 points for correct answers which was not far off the others who stayed up all night studying.

They meeting that hopefully they show that happened in the HOH room with her and the others about safety for 2 weeks as well as laying off Cody for the remainder of the week happened before veto too. The only talk that she had with Paul post veto was when she told him that she wanted him to take her off the block to make sure she isn't voted out because of her hex power. That is something they can't show after the veto meeting, so I am guessing that it will just be thrown on the cutting room floor just to keep her from looking like she has a brain in her head at all.

I am glad they won't have time for the fluff pieces, but they are not going to have time to show the gravity of the situation either. They have to show the veto ceremony, then the fallout, then the bullying, then at the eviction Jess' speech when she uses the hex, and then the HOH comp, if it actually is that crapshoot comp, and with 11 people having to shoot, that will also take some time. So, I just don't see them giving the bullying aspect the attention it deserves, but hopefully I will be wrong about that.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:04 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
I was enjoying tonight's episode.  For once it wasn't the Paul show.  I realize there was a lot of shit to cover between the nom ceremony and the veto ceremony.  (Remember, they won't show anything post veto ceremony)

What is was disappointed in was we didn't get to see the veto ceremony.  When have we ever not seen it on Wednesday?  It's pretty much guaranteed the hex will be used so maybe they didn't want to go deeper into jess demands, once Paul used it on Jason, that sealed it would be used.

I did not expect to see the blow up from the other night as it happened post ceremony.  But hey, there's a bright side to it.  Now they won't have time tomorrow to do a stupid family segment where you see something like Paul's rich mother saying she wants him to win because she needs a new Bentley

But everything is so out of sequence.  That talk Jess and Paul had was before the veto, but they made it look like it was post veto.  She had already decided BEFORE veto was even played that she was using the hex to save her and Cody which is why they slept through the entire thing and still got 15 and 12 points for correct answers which was not far off the others who stayed up all night studying.

They meeting that hopefully they show that happened in the HOH room with her and the others about safety for 2 weeks as well as laying off Cody for the remainder of the week happened before veto too.  The only talk that she had with Paul post veto was when she told him that she wanted him to take her off the block to make sure she isn't voted out because of her hex power.  That is something they can't show after the veto meeting, so I am guessing that it will just be thrown on the cutting room floor just to keep her from looking like she has a brain in her head at all.

I am glad they won't have time for the fluff pieces, but they are not going to have time to show the gravity of the situation either.  They have to show the veto ceremony, then the fallout, then the bullying, then at the eviction Jess' speech when she uses the hex, and then the HOH comp, if it actually is that crapshoot comp, and with 11 people having to shoot, that will also take some time.  So, I just don't see them giving the bullying aspect the attention it deserves, but hopefully I will be wrong about that.

When you say before veto, are you talking about the comp or the ceremony? They threw the sequence out the door by not showing us the ceremony. While I wanted to see all that bullying thing tonight, I knew I wouldn't because it was post ceremony
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:08 am

Sorry, for the rest of your post, they will never show the gravity of the situation as it paints Paul in a bad light, they will show some followed by a dr session with Paul about how much he respects the military. Jess speech will not take long at all and the eviction stops. They save a commercial break and 5 minutes with no voting. The golf comp can easily be done in 5-7 minutes with Julie pushing them along. In fact it opens the door for Christmas to bitch about being hurried.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:19 am

ctown28 wrote:
Sorry, for the rest of your post, they will never show the gravity of the situation as it paints Paul in a bad light, they will show some followed by a dr session with Paul about how much he respects the military.  Jess speech will not take long at all and the eviction stops.  They save a commercial break and 5 minutes with no voting.  The golf comp can easily be done in 5-7 minutes with Julie pushing them along.  In fact it opens the door for Christmas to bitch about being hurried.

You KNOW this will happen. I do not think they will show any of the real nasty bullying against Jess and Cody that has gone down in the house. Heaven forbid anyone gets to see the real nasty side of "everyone's favorite," Paul and his minions (who will now be known as the Rumpswabs).

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:04 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Sorry, for the rest of your post, they will never show the gravity of the situation as it paints Paul in a bad light, they will show some followed by a dr session with Paul about how much he respects the military.  Jess speech will not take long at all and the eviction stops.  They save a commercial break and 5 minutes with no voting.  The golf comp can easily be done in 5-7 minutes with Julie pushing them along.  In fact it opens the door for Christmas to bitch about being hurried.

You KNOW this will happen.  I do not think they will show any of the real nasty bullying against Jess and Cody that has gone down in the house.  Heaven forbid anyone gets to see the real nasty side of "everyone's favorite," Paul and his minions (who will now be known as the Rumpswabs).

THIS is what pisses me off. Here you have a pathetic excuse for a human being in Paul who is not happy just evicting people, he wants them crushed in the process. He has been on top of the house since Cody's first eviction, why the hell does it have to resort to the bullshit?

Then you have a guy like Cody who is arrogant and can be a jerk, but has served our country and doesn't go out of his way to grind ANYONE into the dust when they are down. He makes his play and then leaves it alone.

So what does CBS do? They choose an edit that depicts Cody as if he is a hothead in EVERY situation and some kind of violent bully and Paul is just playing the game as the puppet master? BULLSHIT!

Bullying is a hot topic in our society unfortunately and they have a golden opportunity to showcase it in its most raw, unedited, hideous form and they choose to cover it up and keep Paul as the golden boy. What a shame!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Well now the white wash is complete. Sure they showed that Paul instigated it, but not that he told them to "break him" only to "play big brother."

They did show quite a bit from the bullying session, but when they cut to them on the hammock and she kept saying she didn't know what to do and whether or not she could stand any more of this, that was them talking about walking out of the game, but they used it like she was contemplating giving in and not using the hex.

Also they made it seem like Jess had not told Cody about her proposed deal, which she did. I know, it didn't fit their story line of "will she or won't she" but it is still a bunch of shit.

And that bit where she asked him if he was done with the game or her, he did NOT say her like they made it look with the editing. And right after that she told him that the only way she will send him out the door is if HE wanted it that way.

And where the hell was the conversation where she told Paul before the veto ceremony that she wanted him to take her off the block or she would use the hex? That is also when she told him that if he left her on the block and she felt unsafe on Thursday, she would use it no matter what so it was up to him.

And where was the part where she told them in the HOH room to lay off Cody and not pick at him trying to provoke a confrontation which they all agreed to? And when she told Paul she wanted him to use the veto on her, she specifically said that she did not want Paul to shit on Cody in his speech, so he put Jason up to it instead, where was THAT footage.

And when they showed him talking to Raven about the confrontation she had with Jess followed by their talk in the apple room, why not show Paul telling Raven she needed to start crying to make it look like Cody had bullied her in that room?

And the topper, Jess had been working on a speech to say tonight before invoking the hex. She was very stoked about giving it and putting the others in their place on the live show the way people have attacked her on the live show before. Then she just stood up and invoked the hex. After it was over, she was talking to Cody and she said she had that epic speech ready, but unfortunately couldn't use it. So in other words production would not allow her a speech probably by saying the speech would be part of the eviction and she had to invoke beforehand. THAT IS BULLSHIT on so many levels or sure.

There was one part of the episode tonight that I did enjoy and that was immediately following the veto meeting when Paul walked into the kitchen bitching about them making a mockery of him and the game laughing through it, Jess's supposed speech and Cody not saying anything. This must have happened before the feeds came back on or I simply missed it. This was a shot to his ego plain and simple. This reminded me that when he and Jess discussed taking her off with the veto and she told him not to shit on Cody in the speech, he said something to the effect that it was a TV show and that is an important ceremony. So basically because he has the limelight he can't just let it go with civility for sure.

But at least the bullying has stopped (for now) other than the Vaseline on the door handles and the switching of the decaf and regular coffee that everyone in the house knows except for Jess and Cody, but those are things they can live with at least until Jess leaves this week because the commander and chief has put down the law that SHE will go before him and even though many of the minions would prefer Cody to leave, they won't go against the powerful leader for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The whitewash begins   

Back to top Go down

The whitewash begins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1