Halting Hex

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9607

PostSubject: Halting Hex   Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Feeds came back anf the HG's are talking about who got the temptation. They also seem to be worried about the curse. No word yet on what the curse is or who got the temptation but the cameras seem to be following Jess around and she seems more happy so its a good guess that she got it.

Now for the sake of discussion, lets say Jess did get it. Should she use it this week? Right now it seems a foregone conclusion that Dom is going home, but things can flip in a heartbeat. If I have that thing and I'm on the block, you bet your ass I'm using the damn thing. If I remember right from the CBS website, it has to be used sometime over the next 4 evictions
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7374

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:52 pm

They are saying the curse is on the entire house, which I believe means by accepting the temptation, the hg returns to the house, I believe I called this one if it is correct. Jess told Raven that she is glad it is a curse on the entire house and not individuals.

I have been scouring the feeds looking for any indication of who got it. Jason told Alex in private he didn't get it. She told him she didn't get it, but that is something she might hold back from him. She was alone in the HOH room for a bit and didn't say anything to the camera and I think she would. Dom didn't seem affected by anything so I don't think it is her.

At times Paul seems to calm which makes me think one of his cronies got it, but Elena was way too upset about it and when alone in the storage room she said under her breath "that better have been a really great temptation" because she is worried it will be a reset week and Dom will stay.

Josh is completely depressed, so it is not him. Raven seems to be fishing too much for information, so I don't think it is her. I thought Kevin was a possibility because he would tell Paul immediately so he would have the calmer demeanor, but I wonder if he is even eligible to be tempted since he took the $25,000 which was technically the first temptation that unleashed Paul on the house. If he is eligible, then he could very well be the one who got it because he seems to be very popular in the polls.

It is probably wishful thinking, but I think Jess got it. Like Ctown said, she seems a bit too happy right now. Right afterward Raven and her were in the bathroom area and Raven said she didn't get it and Jess said "same." Raven said it drives her nuts that she doesn't know WHO got it. Jess turned around to Raven and told her to look at her nipples, they were sticking straight up through her shirt and everything. Jess said that shows how scared she is. I am thinking it could also show just how excited she is too.

As far as your post about Jess Ctown, I would not use it this week. She is pretty sure she is safe, and Mark and Elena promised her they would not let her be blindsided if the votes did change last minute. Come to think of it, this is the first time she has asked anyone to do that, so maybe this is another clue!

Also, I believe they can stand up and use it after the vote is revealed because when it was initially introduced the wording said the hg could stop the eviction during the live show making it a non-eviction night.

I will let you know if I sniff out any more information.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Kevin was eligible for it, if the $25k took him out of being eligible you wouldn't have been able to vote for him on the CBS site.

I still disagree with the not using it type of thing. Do you think she is 100% confident that the votes will go her way? Look at what happened with Cody's HoH, she was blindsided then. She knows people want her out. Not using it and being voted out would be equivalent to going home in Survivor with an idol in your pocket. I don't think it can be used after the votes are read. Look at the wording of it, you can stop an eviction during the live show. Once the votes are cast and read, you are evicted. So you can't stop something after it is over.

Here is an update from hamsterwatch as well:

Quote :
Day 29 Wednesday 7/19 Puppycam ran while they were finally trotted in and out of the Den of Temptation and whatever Pier One decor they filled it with today. They were told the consequence for this one would affect everyone, and speculation ran into overdrive in there and out here. For the record, this current temptation is to stop one of the next four evictions during the live show. The Battle Back competition will happen and will air on Friday, but perhaps the consequence will affect whether the winner is actually revived or not. Julie did say the HGs will get a chance to stop the Battle Back winner from re-entering the game.

All that said, none of them admitted to getting the Halting Hex when feeds returned. Dominique did her toenails silently in her telethon lounge, but Jessica seemed perky, and she asked around a bit for reassurance about tomorrow's votes. She asked Dominique outright if she won it "to see how she'd answer" - Dominique chuckled and said no.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I highly doubt that they will have much chance of stopping someone from coming back in, not with production being behind schedule to stay on pace and still have a DE.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 pm

This is just silly now. Don't these people know that they are supposed to talk to the feeders and lets us know who got the thing?
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7110

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:41 pm

ctown28 wrote:
This is just silly now.  Don't these people know that they are supposed to talk to the feeders and lets us know who got the thing?

I think it's Dom or Jess because Paul is already putting plans into action if it is Jess to force her to use it. And Dom is talking about putting Paul up....I don't know if it is a fantasy she is having for if she stays or what she plans to do on Thursday but no one is talking to her and when one did ask her she said "No" but left them with the impression she was lying.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:02 pm

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
This is just silly now.  Don't these people know that they are supposed to talk to the feeders and lets us know who got the thing?

I think it's Dom or Jess because Paul is already putting plans into action if it is Jess to force her to use it. And Dom is talking about putting Paul up....I don't know if it is a fantasy she is having for if she stays or what she plans to do on Thursday but no one is talking to her and when one did ask her she said "No" but left them with the impression she was lying.

I would be very surprised if it is Dom. She is not liked in most of the fan polls and production would have a hard time selling that. Of course they did give a care package to Cody last year over Victor and Paul so who knows. I'm just surprised that whoever got it is still being so tight lipped about it. Dom has talked to the camera in the past and she has had plenty of alone time so you would think that she would say something to the feeders. It can't be Raven or Matt as they would have told each other in a heartbeat. Kevin would have ran right to Paul. I could see it being Jess, Josh or maybe Alex. I don't think Mark, Elana or Whistledick have a shot at it
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:12 pm

Ctown, after I posted the comment about Kevin not being eligible, I went to the CBS site (as you obviously did) and saw that Kevin was an available option because it only showed Paul and Christmas as winners and not eligible.

At this point, I believe it is either Dom or Jess. I agree that selling Dom as the winner would be hard to swallow at this point, but that has not stopped them before. I did see Dom counting on her fingers and saying things like "when I put him on the block, they will see his true colors" and other snake metaphors and then talked about stepping on snakes. She also said something about Raven, and Mark would be easy because they would vote him out. She mentioned winning a veto and so forth. Not sure if it is true or not, but Joker's showed that Jess went to Dom and asked her if she won it and she supposedly denied it and laughed. Jess supposedly said she would have felt more secure without the laugh. I tried to go back and listen for myself, but the feeds are still screwed up with the time being way off and glitches that it is almost impossible to pinpoint any certain time to grab a conversation.

Although I felt it was weird Jess asked Dom, I think maybe she wanted to be able to say to others that she asked Dom so she has something to use to deflect. She just seems very comfortable. Plus today is the first time she has asked people to not let her be blindsided. So, if Ctown is right and she has to declare it before the voting happens, then she might be trying to figure out what is coming.

I personally believe that a person can use it after the votes and the person "being evicted" is walking to the door can be stopped from leaving. I remember in the season with the couples (one of the worst ever) they waited until the person grabbed the door handle and the alarm sounded to stop the eviction. In my eyes, you are not evicted until you exit through the door. So, Ctown we will agree to disagree on this one.

Also Paul's stupid plan to have Christmas fish for information from Jess turned up absolutely NOTHING. I thought that Christmas would lie and say something happened, but she didn't. I believe she only did that because she wants Dom gone too so she can continue to try to make people believe that Dom was one of the hinky votes.

Now as far as Kevin, he has high popularity so it could be him, but I would think by now he would have told Paul he took the temptation and Paul would not be wasting his time on all this other crap. Paul is just too nervous if he actually knows who has it, but again, that is only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:36 pm

From hamster watch, which is a more reliable site, even with all the typos

Quote :
Jess D did you get the temptation?

Dom of course not..

jesss the laugh at the end didnt make me feel better

jess i dont know how to take that

mark i was surprised you asked

jess i wanted to see hwo she reacted
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:51 am

ctown28 wrote:
From hamster watch, which is a more reliable site, even with all the typos

Quote :
   Jess D did you get the temptation?

Dom of course not..

jesss the laugh at the end didnt make me feel better

jess i dont know how to take that

mark i was surprised you asked

jess i wanted to see hwo she reacted    

I finally found this on the feeds and it was a real nothing burger. Jess was sitting in the bathroom with Mark and Elena. Dom came into the bathroom area and started to walk away. Jess just kind of blurted it out in front of Mark and Elena and she turns and smiled and said the above. I honestly think that if Dom actually DID get it, she would not have answered and just smiled. Right now her big deal is that she doesn't lie..........says it daily to the cameras, so I don't see her doing that. I think Jess threw it out there that way to cover in front of Elena and Mark.

I also watched a conversation between Jess and Alex (Jason was in the room listening to music in the HOH room too). First off, I don't think she would have actually went to the HOH room to have a long conversation with Alex if she didn't have the temptation to fall back on, she worries about the optics of it. At one point Alex said she didn't get it and Jason didn't get it, and Jess did not answer. Alex did not notice it. Then later in the conversation Alex was speculating it could be some sort of special veto, but that would only make sense for Jess or Dom. Cowboy joined in with some nonsense and then Jess said "well, I don't have a veto, because if I did, I wouldn't even bother packing. I thought if they saw Cody evicted and how it affected me, I might get the temptation, but......."

My opinions are more than likely colored by what I WANT to have happen, but things sure are pointing that way. Kevin is the only other one that it could be at this point because the other minions wouldn't be shitting in their pants the way they are now including Paul. But, I have not seen Paul pull Kevin aside and ask him if he got the temptation which I am sure he would have done pretty quickly afterward, so it was probably off camera if it happened.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:59 am

I'm still shocked we don't know yet. I'm starting to suspect that whoever got it isn't allowed to tell anyone, including us, it would not be outside of the scope of production to tell them that they aren't allowed to tell even the live feeders because they want it kept a secret. Sort of like when Matt won the diamond poverty in season 12 but I didn't have the feeds then so don't know if he told the feederstory about it.

Of course, if there is a stipulating they can't tell even us, that part will be edited out of the show when it's revealed tomorrow
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:06 am

ctown28 wrote:
I'm still shocked we don't know yet.  I'm starting to suspect that whoever got it isn't allowed to tell anyone, including us,  it would not be outside of the scope of production to tell them that they aren't allowed to tell even the live feeders because they want it kept a secret.  Sort of like when Matt won the diamond poverty in season 12 but I didn't have the feeds then so don't know if he told the feederstory about it.

Of course, if there is a stipulating they can't tell even us, that part will be edited out of the show when it's revealed tomorrow

I was starting to wonder the same thing. That maybe the others don't know that the person who won it can't tell us and that is why so many of them are shitting their pants.

I also keep forgetting that Alex could have won it, but unless she is not allowed to say anything, I really think she would have told Paul or Jason for sure.

I am going to stick to my suspicions that it is either Kevin or Jess, leaning more toward Jess.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Well I'm very happy to see jess got the hexadecimal, but a bit put off that we don't know the consequence until next week.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:01 am

I was so happy to see Jess get the temptation!

clapping clapping clapping Chicken Dance Chicken Dance Penguin Penguin

But like Ctown, I am wondering what the hell the new consequence is going to be and I think it is bullshit that we have to wait until next week to find out. It is almost like they want to see who returns, what comes of the drama and then determine what the consequence is to make the outcome what they are looking for, in other words if Paul gets in trouble the "new consequence" will help him out of a jam.

I really thought that the new consequence would have been the returning person. It is a bit lame, but at least it lessens production's hand in the game going forward.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:07 am

chap5788 wrote:

But like Ctown, I am wondering what the hell the new consequence is going to be and I think it is bullshit that we have to wait until next week to find out.  It is almost like they want to see who returns, what comes of the drama and then determine what the consequence is to make the outcome what they are looking for, in other words if Paul gets in trouble the "new consequence" will help him out of a jam.

I really thought that the new consequence would have been the returning person.  It is a bit lame, but at least it lessens production's hand in the game going forward.

Seem my post in the episode thread, it could be anything. Production may not know it themselves yet.

Oh, BTW, who was right about the halting hexadecimal having to be used BEFORE the votes? I'm such a jenius.

neener
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:27 am

I hope it IS Dom or Jess because they aren't with Paul (far as I know which isn't much) plus it would mess with the house. And these idiots think they've covered everything to make sure Dom goes home so I'd love her to stay. They're getting too convoluted in their decisions on who to put up based on no REAL guarantee that they will have each and every thing go their way. Maybe if Dom is able to stay they will stop putting up pawns.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

But like Ctown, I am wondering what the hell the new consequence is going to be and I think it is bullshit that we have to wait until next week to find out.  It is almost like they want to see who returns, what comes of the drama and then determine what the consequence is to make the outcome what they are looking for, in other words if Paul gets in trouble the "new consequence" will help him out of a jam.

I really thought that the new consequence would have been the returning person.  It is a bit lame, but at least it lessens production's hand in the game going forward.

Seem my post in the episode thread, it could be anything.   Production may not know it themselves yet.

Oh, BTW, who was right about the halting hexadecimal having to be used BEFORE the votes?  I'm such a jenius.  

neener

When Julie announced that tonight, my first thought was "Ctown will never let me live this one down!" So, here is it..........you were right and I was wrong. Ooops

I still think it would be much more dramatic if they allowed the voting to take place, Julie announces the votes and as they stand up to leave, the halting hex was used, so I stand by that one! NaNaNaNa
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:35 am

Wembeley wrote:
I hope it IS Dom or Jess because they aren't with Paul (far as I know which isn't much) plus it would mess with the house. And these idiots think they've covered everything to make sure Dom goes home so I'd love her to stay. They're getting too convoluted in their decisions on who to put up based on no REAL guarantee that they will have each and every thing go their way. Maybe if Dom is able to stay they will stop putting up pawns.

Well as Evel Dick tweeted tonight, his dead cat has a greater chance of going back in than Jillian.

And I can't see it being Cameron, just not good TV for production, it's like putting a new character in a sitcom that offers nothing. Chances are it will be a physical comp and will favor cody. CBS over the showmances and that's who they want. They recruited people from tinder of all places.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:41 am

chap5788 wrote:

When Julie announced that tonight, my first thought was "Ctown will never let me live this one down!"  So, here is it..........you were right and I was wrong. Ooops

I still think it would be much more dramatic if they allowed the voting to take place, Julie announces the votes and as they stand up to leave, the halting hex was used, so I stand by that one!  NaNaNaNa

I disagree with this completely, just like I didn't like the Super idol on survivor that allowed them to play it after the votes. It takes strategy completely it for the equation for it and the advantage becomes too powerful.

It's funny that she didn't use it and you know production didn't want it used tonight, the way this will play out is she can use it when Cody is in trouble, because when he comes back he will be the first target. I will go out on a very strong limb and say the feeds went down and production got in people's ear to stick with the plan to evict Dom and in Jess ear that she will be safe
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:58 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

When Julie announced that tonight, my first thought was "Ctown will never let me live this one down!"  So, here is it..........you were right and I was wrong. Ooops

I still think it would be much more dramatic if they allowed the voting to take place, Julie announces the votes and as they stand up to leave, the halting hex was used, so I stand by that one!  NaNaNaNa

I disagree with this completely, just like I didn't like the Super idol on survivor that allowed them to play it after the votes.  It takes strategy completely it for the equation for it and the advantage becomes too powerful.

It's funny that she didn't use it and you know production didn't want it used tonight, the way this will play out is she can use it when Cody is in trouble, because when he comes back he will be the first target.  I will go out on a very strong limb and say the feeds went down and production got in people's ear to stick with the plan to evict Dom and in Jess ear that she will be safe

I get your point, but I am looking through it from the perspective of how much more explosive the fallout would be because people could not say afterward...........I was going to vote for you to stay anyway, blah, blah, blah. Everyone's dirty laundry would be out there for everyone to see. So we will have to agree to disagree on that one! neener

I think Jess was pretty secure in the fact that Elena and/or Mark would not let her be blindsided. Since the vote came back 10-0 with no hinky vote orchestrated by Paul, I am thinking there is a good possibility that he floated the idea around the group, but then either made up some kind of shit or maybe picked a fight of some sort during the HOH lockdown to make Dom put a bigger target on her back and he wanted to be sure that nothing went wrong with this particular vote. But of course, it is completely plausible that the DR made Jess feel secure as well.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:03 am

Oh, btw did you notice at the end of the episode when Julie let us eavesdrop on the house, it showed Paul telling Josh, Alex, and Jason that he was 100% sure that Jess had the DOT. He said he asked her and her response was that she was not saying anything. Josh asked if he was going to say anything and he told Josh to relax.

This is going to cause Paul to have a stroke over the next few days trying to figure out what the hell the power is, and he will be sending in his groupies trying to get the information. If I were Jess I would admit that I had the power to people I think I can trust knowing that it will get around the house anyway, but just tell people she is not allowed to reveal what the power is until she actually uses it, but kind of down play it with comments like "it sure wasn't 3 weeks of safety" and things like that to make them think it is not that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7110

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:14 am

chap5788 wrote:
Oh, btw did you notice at the end of the episode when Julie let us eavesdrop on the house, it showed Paul telling Josh, Alex, and Jason that he was 100% sure that Jess had the DOT.  He said he asked her and her response was that she was not saying anything.  Josh asked if he was going to say anything and he told Josh to relax.

This is going to cause Paul to have a stroke over the next few days trying to figure out what the hell the power is, and he will be sending in his groupies trying to get the information.  If I were Jess I would admit that I had the power to people I think I can trust knowing that it will get around the house anyway, but just tell people she is not allowed to reveal what the power is until she actually uses it, but kind of down play it with comments like "it sure wasn't 3 weeks of safety" and things like that to make them think it is not that big of a deal.

Good time to drop a philological bomb.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halting Hex   

Back to top Go down

Halting Hex
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 19 :: Big Brother 19: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: