View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10037

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:51 pm

There's all kinds of possibilities. Maybe the one where they have the races and the last one to hit the buzzer is eliminated. You know, they look at imagines and when a certain one comes up they have to run. That one could be interesting if it comes down to Jason and Cody
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:04 pm

ctown28 wrote:
There's all kinds of possibilities.  Maybe the one where they have the races and the last one to hit the buzzer is eliminated.  You know, they look at imagines and when a certain one comes up they have to run.  That one could be interesting if it comes down to Jason and Cody

That is a good one for this week. I mean it pretty much eliminates Raven, Christmas (obviously), Elena, Josh and Kevin right off the bat, some for lack of athletics and some for lack of focus. Jess has the focus, but I don't think she has the quickness as far as running to do well here either.

Now Jason could go one of two ways on this one. If they have to jump from a crouching position, Cody beats him every time because of his height. Plus Jason's focus is not real good so I could see a false start quickly in his future. Alex is also one who could go one way or the others. I don't see her being a quick runner, but she is a competitor and could muster up the focus needed. Matt is anyone's guess because he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the box and is a gutless wonder who might not want to be HOH.

Basically unless Cody goes out on a false start, he would win this comp hands down because I don't see anyone in the house who would be quicker off the mark than him.

So good job coming up with this one Ctown. You are back on my good side again..............for now!

:thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Another amusing aspect to the comp you posted above Ctown. Paul will want Josh to razz Cody while they are doing it and what would be hilarious is if his razzing fucked up their own team and started eliminating them instead!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Dont be so quick to dismiss Jason. Being a rodeo clown, he's trained to be able to react quickly. Sure the rodeo clowns are ther e for amusement, but it's also a job where you need to react in a split second.

Alex would not last, like you pointed out earlier, look how winded she was in the bowling comp
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:18 pm

The only reason I dismiss Jason somewhat is because the crouching start, holding down 1 or 2 buttons before you take off would be difficult for someone of his height. Plus reacting to what a bull is going to do would be more based on their actions and mannerisms in the given moment. In other words, if it turns its head this way, it might mean this or something along those lines. That is a whole lot different than looking for a word on a screen and not reacting to the other similar words and jumping while in a completely uncomfortable crouching position.

And you are right about Alex, I had not really thought about the sprints kicking her ass pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Another good reason to have the slip n slide, if memory serves Paul was completely TERRIBLE at that comp, so production would want to have that one when he is on the sidelines not competing.

Plus I would love to see all the wipeouts by Josh, Mark, and Kevin. Elena would probably also be pretty entertaining as well. Yep, that would be absolute competition GOLD when you add to it that Cody would be smoking them all with ease.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:30 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Another good reason to have the slip n slide, if memory serves Paul was completely TERRIBLE at that comp, so production would want to have that one when he is on the sidelines not competing.

Plus I would love to see all the wipeouts by Josh, Mark, and Kevin.  Elena would probably also be pretty entertaining as well.  Yep, that would be absolute competition GOLD when you add to it that Cody would be smoking them all with ease.

The thing about this comp, is that some people may surprise you. Here are all the winners of that comp since it debuted in Season 13

13- Jeff
14- Shane
15- Aaryn (This was a tag team one, she was paired with Jeremy)
16- Caleb
17-Becky
18- Corey

So some people may surprise you in this one
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:48 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Plus I would love to see all the wipeouts by Josh, Mark, and Kevin.  Elena would probably also be pretty entertaining as well.  Yep, that would be absolute competition GOLD when you add to it that Cody would be smoking them all with ease.

The thing about this comp, is that some people may surprise you.  Here are all the winners of that comp since it debuted in Season 13

13- Jeff
14- Shane
15- Aaryn (This was a tag team one, she was paired with Jeremy)
16- Caleb
17-Becky
18- Corey

So some people may surprise you in this one

Really the only one that surprises me on that one is Corey because of his height, I thought it would hurt him. He had much better balance than I thought before the comp started. Becky was tall, but her endurance, general physical fitness and balance were all keys to her win. Jason is athletic for sure, but his balance is not that great, which was evident in the POV that he won. Alex said afterward that she could have easily beat him after the comp was done.

Top heavy guys like Josh and Mark never do well, but I guess anything is possible. I still like the odds though.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:53 pm

It's a crap shoot golfing game, the HG's were practicing it earlier.  This basically means anyone can win it, yes ,even Raven or Matt

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:48 pm

Paul pointed out that production told them that EVERYONE needed to practice, even the outgoing HOH. This makes him think once again that Jess's hex has a downside of some kind where she can't compete, or he gets to compete or something to that affect. He told his minions that you always have to listen to the content of what production says at all times.

So, now I am wondering if they are taking a page out of your book Ctown and giving them this thing that will actually be the veto comp instead of the HOH. Maybe they wanted to test the waters and see who performed well and who didn't.

Of course this is just me reaching, but I agree with what Jess said after the practice session was over, having a luck comp is bullshit at this time in the game. If it was Paul's nuts on the line, it surely wouldn't be a crapshoot unless the entire house had a way to throw it to him and sabotage Jess and Cody.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7440

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:21 pm

ctown28 wrote:
It's a crap shoot golfing game, the HG's were practicing it earlier.  This basically means anyone can win it, yes ,even Raven or Matt

Any word on how long this will be available for then to practice on? I was wondering if it will be seen on bbad.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 pm

Naru, their practice time is already done. It didn't last very long.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:43 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Naru, their practice time is already done.  It didn't last very long.

WTF? are you serious? Maybe it's a fake out. They give them this game and they get all ready for it then they (BB) doesn't use it. I think they did that once, I have a very vague memory of something simular happening but I'm not sure.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:44 am

They were given 10 practice shots each (including Paul). They were allowed to move the obstacles (bumpers) on the ramp and/or the baskets at the end of the ramp if they wanted to. Jason was the only one to adjust one of the bumpers.

The scores were:

Raven: 3
Cody: 2
Kevin: 2
Mark: 1
Alex: 1
Christmas: 1
All others: 0

After watching all of them practice, the scores really don't tell the story. Of course we also know that if this is the HOH comp, it is not going to be this exact set up and for sure there won't be many straight shots because there will be more obstacles.

Raven was really pretty good. But all 3 of her shots were straight in shots. She did not make any using the bumpers at all.

Cody has a good straight shot, but used many of his shots to test the bounce off the bumpers. I believe one of his shots was a shot off the bumpers and one straight in.

Kevin has an excellent straight shot. He also did a couple off the bumpers but then the clearly started shooting off a bit (maybe he doesn't want to be expected to win this HOH).

Mark was pretty good. He used many of his shots to test the bumpers too and I would say he was probably the closest with the bumper/bank type shots, but they did still miss the mark.

Matt is obviously a golfer and he tested it somewhat, but most of the time, he just kind of did a straight shot and came close, but not sure he will be able to use the bumpers to his advantage like some of the others.

Christmas made her first shot, which was a straight nice shot. She got progressively worse. Doesn't seem to be able to use the bumpers very well. She takes FOREVER to get her scooter set up for her shot. Julie always hurries them along so if she doesn't win this comp we will hear for the next week that she could have had a chance if Julie had pushed her along to much.

Elena has also golfed and has good aim, but couldn't really utilize the bumpers very well.

Paul was terrible (maybe didn't take it seriously thinking he wouldn't be using it), but he was the second one to try it.

Alex shoots the ball like she is in batting practice. Not sure if she was just trying to look bad in front of others or what. They questioned why she did it like that, but she just said she can't be dainty. Her shot was a very hard shot, but it went straight into the basket. She didn't even try to utilize the bumpers.

Jason tested several things, he is terrible using the bumpers going to the wrong side to accomplish he shot.

Josh came close a few times, but doesn't really have a straight shot or a bank shot.

Jess was not very good. She did spend some time testing the bumpers a bit more, but for her to win this one, it will be COMPLETE luck, there will be no skill involved at all.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:46 am

I forgot to put this with the last post. If there is any element of skill to it by using bumpers and such, I think the favorites are probably Matt, Mark and Cody. If there are straight shots available, Raven would have a good chance. Otherwise, like any other crapshoot comp, it is really anyone's game.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:00 am

I could give to shits about the practice. It's a crap shoot. You get one shot and one shot only. How many times have we seen this where someone does well in practice then ends up with the lowest score. The benefit here I'd going towards the end, unless of course someone early gets lucky, but going towards the end shows if you need to be aggressive or conservative.

And Paul is bullshitting people again, the outgoing hoh has always gotten to participate in the practice because it's something to do. It's just magnified here because everyone knows the hex will be played. What he was told was everyone CAN practice, including you. Groaner is already on record saying he can't play and didn't dodge the question. No way he can play.

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:12 am

ctown28 wrote:
I could give to shits about the practice.  It's a crap shoot.  You get one shot and one shot only.  How many times have we seen this where someone does well in practice then ends up with the lowest score.  The benefit here I'd going towards the end, unless of course someone early gets lucky, but going towards the end shows if you need to be aggressive or conservative.

And Paul is bullshitting people again, the outgoing hoh has always gotten to participate in the practice because it's something to do.  It's just magnified here because everyone knows the hex will be played.  What he was told was everyone CAN practice, including you.  Groaner is already on record saying he can't play and didn't dodge the question.  No way he can play.  

I agree that it is a crapshoot, what I was saying is that if there is anything one can do to increase their success and utilize the bumpers or obstacles to their advantage, I would guess it would be Cody, Mark and Matt only because they seemed to understand HOW they could be used.

As far as Paul, we all know that he won't be playing, but he is so stuck on the fact that there HAS to be a downside to the temptation Jess received that he is looking for anything. His ego absolutely will NOT allow him to believe that her temptation was as good as his was with no ramifications to using it.

And I did point out that it was a reach for me to latch onto the wording Paul was talking about, but every season we have had the discussion about throwing the hg's curve balls, and this is one suggestion you have been stating for years.............give them something like this the day before eviction, then throw some other comp at them and use the "practice thing" for the veto instead, or in this case for the temptation comp.

In any event, I believe this is horseshit because having a crapshoot comp in THIS particular situation is not what they normally do because they want to keep the divide in the house, take advantage of the tension and shift the power, and if it was Paul's nuts on the line the way Jess and Cody's are right now, it surely would not be a crapshoot comp, it would be one geared specifically toward him or one of his minions.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:28 am

I have been saying that for years, and have been wrong every time.

As far as anyone being a golfer, that has nothing to do with nothing. I'm a golfer myself, that doesn't make me a good putt putt player when I have all these obstacles to go through. It's a combination of golf and pool. Give me a cue stick on putt putt and I'll be much better than with a golf club
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:12 am

Maybe it is a ruse, I heard a lot of studying going on with Alex and her rumpswab Jason on BBAD.....questions again? I hope not. Whatever it is it will, of course, favor Paul and/or his side in some way........

“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:06 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Maybe it is a ruse, I heard a lot of studying going on with Alex and her rumpswab Jason on BBAD.....questions again? I hope not.  Whatever it is it will, of course, favor Paul and/or his side in some way........

Alex makes Jason study every day for later in the season.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:03 pm

chap5788 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
Maybe it is a ruse, I heard a lot of studying going on with Alex and her rumpswab Jason on BBAD.....questions again? I hope not.  Whatever it is it will, of course, favor Paul and/or his side in some way........

Ahhh, that makes sense. He is an idiot. Literally want to throw something at the TV when he does his douchy circus dance.

“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 pm

capricious1 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Ahhh, that makes sense.  He is an idiot.  Literally want to throw something at the TV when he does his douchy circus dance.

Actually Alex is not the brightest bulb in the box either. It took her A LOT of studying and asking questions to Kevin just to get the first week straight. Plus every time Jason brings up something that looks fishy (often times not far off from what is going on), she will hit him, kick him and call him an idiot to shut him down.

My favorite is when he questions Matt or Raven in any way. She will say that they KNOW that they can trust Matt and Raven because the do not lie about ANYTHING. She "knows" this because when asked about the cat ear (yes this stupid thing from week 1again) and dumping of the soda (another stupid thing from week 1) Raven swore on Thor (her pacemaker or second heart as she calls it). In that same conversation Raven also told her then that her and Matt would not sacrifice their reputations by lying in the game because that is the kind of people the are. So this apparently "proves" that they will never lie to them or be disloyal to them.

But by the same token she has seen Raven lying to people on their own team in the past couple of days about her confrontation with Jess and such.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 pm

chap5788 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Ahhh, that makes sense.  He is an idiot.  Literally want to throw something at the TV when he does his douchy circus dance.

Actually Alex is not the brightest bulb in the box either.  It took her A LOT of studying and asking questions to Kevin just to get the first week straight.  Plus every time Jason brings up something that looks fishy (often times not far off from what is going on), she will hit him, kick him and call him an idiot to shut him down.  

My favorite is when he questions Matt or Raven in any way.  She will say that they KNOW that they can trust Matt and Raven because the do not lie about ANYTHING.  She "knows" this because when asked about the cat ear (yes this stupid thing from week 1again) and dumping of the soda (another stupid thing from week 1) Raven swore on Thor (her pacemaker or second heart as she calls it).  In that same conversation Raven also told her then that her and Matt would not sacrifice their reputations by lying in the game because that is the kind of people the are.  So this apparently "proves" that they will never lie to them or be disloyal to them.

But by the same token she has seen Raven lying to people on their own team in the past couple of days about her confrontation with Jess and such.  

She has another terminal disease and it's called BIBS....Blind Idiot Bitch Syndrome

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:26 pm

OK, so we pretty much know what the HOH comp is going to be since they got to practice it, so lets move on, what will the temptation comp be?

Here's my guess:

There is a timer that counts down from 15 seconds, you need to reset the timer back to 15 before it reachs 0 or you will be assessed a 10 minute penalty. While the countdown is going, there is some other task you have to complete, be it stacking a certain amount of things, or reassembling a puzzle, or anything along those lines. Whoever has the fastest time wins, longest time is on the block.

Does this sound familiar? Look at the first veto comp last season and look who won it:
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:45 pm

ctown28 wrote:
OK, so we pretty much know what the HOH comp is going to be since they got to practice it, so lets move on, what will the temptation comp be?

Here's my guess:

There is a timer that counts down from 15 seconds, you need to reset the timer back to 15 before it reachs 0 or you will be assessed a 10 minute penalty.  While the countdown is going, there is some other task you have to complete, be it stacking a certain amount of things, or reassembling a puzzle, or anything along those lines.  Whoever has the fastest time wins, longest time is on the block.

Does this sound familiar?  Look at the first veto comp last season and look who won it:

Yes, and if I remember correctly Paul got really lucky on that one. He threw caution to the wind and just started stuffing the dog bones anywhere and they just happened to stay up there instead of falling. But the veto that Cody threw to Alex was about the same thing, you think they would recycle that one again in the same season?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   

Back to top Go down

Guess the comp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next