HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Guess the comp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:43 pm

I thought this week might be another crap shoot kind of thing where they shoot a ball or something and it lands in slots with points awarded accordingly or something of that nature, but they were put on lockdown very early yesterday. I would think it is too early for an endurance comp but they usually don't get locked down this early in the week for something relatively simple.

An endurance comp would be really good right now though because Paul is not competing and the big guys would have no chance. It would be a pretty epic battle between Alex, Jess, Raven and Ramses. Domi has the build for it, but not sure she has the stamina to stick it out. She struggled with the vines quite a bit and she knows she is pretty safe, so I don't think she would be one of the last standing. Jess and Ramses know their butts are on the line, so they will go as far as they can, just not sure Ramses has the stamina.

Alex feels pretty safe for herself, but she knows that Jason is a very good option even though Ramses and Jess are supposedly in front of him, so I think she will go the distance and she kicked ass in that trapeze comp. Alex supposedly is planning on going along with the plan of the other side of the house and told Jason he has to as well, but she REALLY wants Christmas gone to make it easier for her to work with Paul. So, if it comes down to her and Jess, she might cut a deal for safety for her and Jason knowing that Christmas will certainly be a target for Jess. Raven will want to save the team. She is a dancer and is in good shape, so she has an advantage too.

Like I said it would be an epic battle for sure and it would be nice to see the boys shitting in their pants waiting for the outcome for sure.

All this being said, I believe the big endurance comp will be held until the returnee week comes into play so they can all be on the wall together. So, my guess (which is the purpose of the thread) is that it will be an elaborate set up for a crap shoot kind of comp where they shoot for points.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:45 pm

In case you haven't noticed, I have last years comps posted in a sticky. I havent started on tracking this years yet but hope to get that done sometime this weekend.

As far as this one goes, we just had an endurance. Christmas is supposedly having her surgery today but is scheduled to be back in time for the live eviction. Do not be surprised if it is just a simple questions comp so that she can at least participate in it.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 7440
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:44 am

ctown28 wrote:
In case you haven't noticed, I have last years comps posted in a sticky.  I havent started on tracking this years yet but hope to get that done sometime this weekend.

As far as this one goes, we just had an endurance.  Christmas is supposedly having her surgery today but is scheduled to be back in time for the live eviction.  Do not be surprised if it is just a simple questions comp so that she can at least participate in it.

I don't think that is possible. She will be doped up for at least 4 or 5 days. Because she is not in a hospital but a house the doctor will want her to take (and I already know I will miss spell it so just give me a break here) Antibiotics, Antinflamitories and of course pain meds. So she may not even know she is in the BB house till Friday night...lol

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:49 am

Cbs just tweeted out that we can watch the HoH play out live tomorrow or the feeds a around 10pm. So unless it was a mistake, it will be an endurance comp. Looks like Christmas won't win. Oh and speaking of Christmas, her surgery was postponed until next wednesday
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 7440
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:53 am

ctown28 wrote:
Cbs just tweeted out that we can watch the HoH play out live tomorrow or the feeds a around 10pm.  So unless it was a mistake, it will be an endurance comp.  Looks like Christmas won't win.  Oh and speaking of Christmas, her surgery was postponed until next wednesday

I still don't think she will play. If it is endurance it will be a wet and messy one and I don't see her getting cleared to get that cast wet or dirty.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:47 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Cbs just tweeted out that we can watch the HoH play out live tomorrow or the feeds a around 10pm.  So unless it was a mistake, it will be an endurance comp.  Looks like Christmas won't win.  Oh and speaking of Christmas, her surgery was postponed until next wednesday

I still don't think she will play. If it is endurance it will be a wet and messy one and I don't see her getting cleared to get that cast wet or dirty.


I stand corrected, I saw an old post so it does look like she was having it today. On another note, Raven fell down the steps and cutter for and got 5 stitches. She cannot play in any company where she would need to submerge her foot in water.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 7440
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:59 am

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Cbs just tweeted out that we can watch the HoH play out live tomorrow or the feeds a around 10pm.  So unless it was a mistake, it will be an endurance comp.  Looks like Christmas won't win.  Oh and speaking of Christmas, her surgery was postponed until next wednesday

I still don't think she will play. If it is endurance it will be a wet and messy one and I don't see her getting cleared to get that cast wet or dirty.


I stand corrected, I saw an old post so it does look like she was having it today.  On another note, Raven fell down the steps and cutter for and got 5 stitches.  She cannot play in any company where she would need to submerge her foot in water.


My god, what the hell are they drinking in that house this year? This season is going to be remembered as the one with the most ER visits.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:58 am

I am guessing that this comp won't be physical in nature because just about everything has been to this point.

I think the ideal comp for them to have this week would be showing the hg's pictures or giving them audible clues through the night of things they have to memorize for the HOH comp. When one of these comps happens, people go to their groups and try to exclude certain people from certain groups. If a person pays attention they can usually learn a lot about where people's loyalties lie. I remember Paul last season making people stay up and study and being very aggressive about people learning the information.

They are supposed to be hiding the fact that Josh is leaving tomorrow from Ramses, Elena, Mark, Jess and Cody. But, Paul and Christmas would love to see him win HOH so he can take a shot at 2 of the couples Jess/Cody and Mark/Elena with Cody and Elena being the top 2 targets for the week. So, they can't very well study with him. Christmas has told Jess that she will be voting for Josh to stay, but she said her vote won't count for much and Josh knows he is going home. If they leave him out of the studying information, he will more than likely do something stupid that will blow up their blindside plan. Ramses can be included in the groups because he is going home anyway, but this will further frustrate Josh.

Paul's inner group does not include Mark and Elena, but they don't know that right now. Elena will for sure what to study with Paul because she wants to be his right hand, even more than keeping Mark in the game. So how can that group exclude them from studying with them.

Jess and Cody will study alone anyway because they are realizing more and more that they are still on the outside looking in and Cody has seen Paul going around to rally votes and doesn't trust him.

I think this would be a great comp that could create drama in the house for sure. It is also one that will be done by the end of the episode.

Alex and Jason have terrible memories. Watching them struggle to remember days of events is laughable. They have to continually ask for clarity from Kevin, Christmas and Ramses. Ramses feigns ignorance of some of the events still trying to look like he is not a superfan, so it sometimes doesn't help them much.

Kevin has a very good memory for house events, but I am not sure how he would do in memorizing pictures or audible clues in the house through the night. Plus I don't think he really wants this HOH and would throw it.

Jess seems to have a good memory and good focus, but she isn't playing. Cody has great focus, and I would think his memory skills would probably be pretty good considering his military career, but sometimes those are limited to that type of information.

I would guess that Paul would do well in this one judging from his performance in memory comps last year, but not sure about others. Matt is one I don't think would do well at all. You would think our house MENSA member, Raven, would have this one sewn up, right?

In any event, this could be a fun comp for them to have given the situation they are in right now.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:14 pm

If it was going to be a memory type thing, I think they would have already started with showing them things, unless I missed it, that has jot happened yet. I highly doubt it will be endurance as that's all they've done so far. I think this one will be a crap shoot type of thing where they have to throw/catapult a ball and the highest score wins.

We know that production wants the temptations to be used ip, so look for someone from Paul's side to win to try and force that hand.

Does anyone remember the limitation on christmas' temptation? Does it expire or can she use it whenever?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I thought they always showed the pictures on the day before eviction (Wednesday) and if it is audible clues, it goes for a couple of hours following BBAD sign off on eviction day (wee hours of Thursday morning), but maybe I am mistaken.

I don't recall there being an expiration date on the replacement temptation that Christmas received, but don't remember for sure.

If it is a shooting thing, don't they usually give them something to practice on that is kind of the same set up but no clue what they will be shooting for? I would think they would have received that last night if that was the case. Also, they still have the backyard right now, so I would think they would have to build something for shooting, but who knows.

I don't think they have enough material for questions yet either. But I do agree that production will want the temptation used so it will probably be geared somewhat to Paul's side of the house or a comp that he is familiar with and will be able to advise others on how to "shoot" or whatever.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Ctown, I went back to the episode where Christmas received her temptation and it said that she could use it at any time this summer.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Ctown, I went back to the episode where Christmas received her temptation and it said that she could use it at any time this summer.

Thanks, that's what I thought it was. Its the only one that doesn't expire. But if you think about it, she needs to use it before they get down to the final 8 when everyone plays in veto, otherwise its useless. Although what a lot of people don't realize is she can only use it on players selected to play from chips. It cannot be used on the HoH or the two noms
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:44 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Ctown, I went back to the episode where Christmas received her temptation and it said that she could use it at any time this summer.

Thanks, that's what I thought it was.  Its the only one that doesn't expire.  But if you think about it, she needs to use it before they get down to the final 8 when everyone plays in veto, otherwise its useless.  Although what a lot of people don't realize is she can only use it on players selected to play from chips.  It cannot be used on the HoH or the two noms

That's right and it also said that SHE can replace one of those veto players, so she can't put up Paul or someone to replace Cody or Jess or something like that. It is still valuable, but I believe there will be a time in the next week or two where Paul will want her to use it and she will only want to use it in a comp that she can actually play for. I have to say I wasn't very impressed with her in the bomb veto comp, that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:39 am

Wed 8:32 PM BBT HGs were shown pictures or video of things to memorize for tomorrow's HOH comp...everyone broken off in teams. Elena w/Paul group NT -

Wow, I finally got one right!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 am

chap5788 wrote:
Wed 8:32 PM BBT HGs were shown pictures or video of things to memorize for tomorrow's HOH comp...everyone broken off in teams. Elena w/Paul group NT -  

Wow, I finally got one right!

Let the studying begin. Paul will have everyone on his side together going over it again and again. Mark and Elena won't know what to do. And Cody will tell jess not to worry about it and let it play out
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:54 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Wed 8:32 PM BBT HGs were shown pictures or video of things to memorize for tomorrow's HOH comp...everyone broken off in teams. Elena w/Paul group NT -  

Wow, I finally got one right!

Let the studying begin. Paul will have everyone on his side together going over it again and again.  Mark and Elena won't know what to do.  And Cody will tell jess not to worry about it and let it play out

First there was a big group in one room and Jess/Cody in the kitchen. Then they separated a bit (on Paul's instruction). Paul keeps going from group to group giving advice.

Jess told Cody to keep repeating it in his head. He said that his father used to do some kind of class with church or something and he would give them memorization things to do weekly in order to be able to go to the rec center or something of that nature. Basically, Cody was saying that memorization is something he is very good at, but Jess keeps telling him to keep saying it in his head and they will go over it a bunch throughout the night. They are watching the groups form as well.

Alex just got pissed off because someone in their group lied to her about a question she asked, so the natives are getting a bit restless!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 am

Meanwhile Josh is on an island by himself, but Ramses is participating with Elena's group.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:02 am

Went back to listen to some conversations. Matt is a complete idiot. The look on Paul's face when he continued to get things wrong said it all. At one point he said someone wording on their shirt that was something to do with a spider and Paul said, "no, it said superfan" and looked at him like, WOW.

Paul then went to the bathroom area and told Kevin, Jason and Alex to continue studying. Jason wants to go to bed. Christmas came into the area and her and Alex both said that Mark was not contributing when they were in the big group at all and then said that something was dice, but it was a domino. Alex said she is going to "punch him in the face because he was lying to them" and Christmas agreed. Oh, okay, so they expect the guy they are targeting for the following week to help them and are appalled that he might be playing his OWN game? The egos of BB players from season to season just astounds me.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 am

chap5788 wrote:
Went back to listen to some conversations.  Matt is a complete idiot.  The look on Paul's face when he continued to get things wrong said it all.  At one point he said someone wording on their shirt that was something to do with a spider and Paul said, "no, it said superfan" and looked at him like, WOW.  

Paul then went to the bathroom area and told Kevin, Jason and Alex to continue studying.  Jason wants to go to bed.  Christmas came into the area and her and Alex both said that Mark was not contributing when they were in the big group at all and then said that something was dice, but it was a domino.  Alex said she is going to "punch him in the face because he was lying to them" and Christmas agreed.  Oh, okay, so they expect the guy they are targeting for the following week to help them and are appalled that he might be playing his OWN game?  The egos of BB players from season to season just astounds me.

I was joking when saying Cody would blow it off. Now that the cats out of the bag, he's more focused than ever. The guy is good at noth mental and physical comps. He just goes into a zone. Could be an interesting comp. some have no chance at all. Matt, raven, josh and Christmas come to mind.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:01 am

Christmas keeps telling people to shut up and stop asking questions that mean nothing. She did this earlier when Jason was adding to the conversation and right after that Jason and Alex went to study by themselves. People are getting real tired of her telling them what to do and bossing them around all the time.

Today her and Paul were handing out orders of who should put up who if they win HOH, different scenarios for each of them. I think even Alex is getting tired of it.

I will laugh my ass off if SHE is the first one out of this like she was the veto. Of course, it will be because of her meds or because Jason kept throwing stupid questions or something of that nature, it won't be because she is really not as good as she believes.

Matt is just sitting in the room trying to look like he is thinking. Raven seems a bit clueless but has contributed some according to others in the room's reactions.

The ironic thing here is that 24 hours ago, Paul said that he would crush mental comps and he does have a grasp on a lot of the material, but according to the majority of the groups at times, he has been wrong quite a bit too.

On another note, I wish production would take a suggestion Ctown has made season after season. Now they got them all riled up with this information, make the comp questions about anything else. Like those questions they have used in the past from their applications about likes and dislikes, etc. Then use these pictures in some way for the veto comp! Or even better, make it a random crapshoot comp like we discussed earlier, shoot the ball into the slot and highest point total wins.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:11 am

The have not been put on lockdown yet, so we know it will not be an elaborate endurance comp of any kind for sure.

I would not think that production with shit on Cody and Jess once again by making it a "knockout" comp because then the entire house just gangs up on them and they have absolutely no chance to win HOH. This would not be a good look for CBS after the bullying shit this week.

If I were production, I would absolutely throw the slip n slide comp at them right now. I think if they put them on lockdown tonight at bedtime that they would have enough time to set that up. This would favor Cody and Jess, but I think Alex and Matt have a decent chance as well. That is if Matt actually goes all out instead of being conservative, not chancing injury or something like that. Alex has decent athletic ability, but anything cardio is a problem for her. She was COMPLETELY out of breath in that spinning competition and that was only 1 minute of running around and struggling to throw those balls up the lane. Jason is pretty athletic and he could surprise people like Corey did, but he had a lot of trouble with that veto that he won with balance at first, but against Cody, I really don't think he could pull it out. Christmas can't compete. Kevin would just be trying to avoid falling and would probably go for the never-not pass or money that is available.

As a dancer, Raven should be pretty good at this, but she never does anything in the way of exercise and I don't think she would have the stamina to compete. Paul would probably instruct her to go for the money "because she needs and deserves it more" and then anyone else who beats her out of it he would say is a horrible person of course.

But with the late lockdown, it could just be some kind of crapshoot where they shoot a ball into a point slot or something like that too. But again, I don't think that production wants it to end up with Josh or Kevin as HOH by some off chance.

Any guesses?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Well last year for this week, it was the perfect shot comp but they won't do that one this year. It was won by Paul last season, so they will hold off on that until he can play.

I agree that it won't be a pick the opponents thing because at this point they want to keep the tension and see a power shift. Perhaps some other type of random one where they use slingshots to gain points and what not. Maybe even the chicken wire and eggs one.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:29 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Well last year for this week, it was the perfect shot comp but they won't do that one this year.  It was won by Paul last season, so they will hold off on that until he can play.  

I agree that it won't be a pick the opponents thing because at this point they want to keep the tension and see a power shift.  Perhaps some other type of random one where they use slingshots to gain points and what not.  Maybe even the chicken wire and eggs one.

OMG I just got a visual of Mark, Josh and Jason hunched over in the wire box, trying to figure out how to hold onto the eggs, it was amusing.

The chicken egg would be pretty good because it takes focus, which Cody and Jess have in spades, so at least it is tipped a bit in their favor.

They can easily take Elena out of the equation for HOH if they put in a never-not pass as an option because she will definitely take that option.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10037
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:36 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Well last year for this week, it was the perfect shot comp but they won't do that one this year.  It was won by Paul last season, so they will hold off on that until he can play.  

I agree that it won't be a pick the opponents thing because at this point they want to keep the tension and see a power shift.  Perhaps some other type of random one where they use slingshots to gain points and what not.  Maybe even the chicken wire and eggs one.

OMG I just got a visual of Mark, Josh and Jason hunched over in the wire box, trying to figure out how to hold onto the eggs, it was amusing.

The chicken egg would be pretty good because it takes focus, which Cody and Jess have in spades, so at least it is tipped a bit in their favor.

They can easily take Elena out of the equation for HOH if they put in a never-not pass as an option because she will definitely take that option.

I don't think there will be anymore never not passes, they gave that to Raven the first week. I can't remember anytime there were two never not passes in the same season
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:45 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Well last year for this week, it was the perfect shot comp but they won't do that one this year.  It was won by Paul last season, so they will hold off on that until he can play.  

I agree that it won't be a pick the opponents thing because at this point they want to keep the tension and see a power shift.  Perhaps some other type of random one where they use slingshots to gain points and what not.  Maybe even the chicken wire and eggs one.

OMG I just got a visual of Mark, Josh and Jason hunched over in the wire box, trying to figure out how to hold onto the eggs, it was amusing.

The chicken egg would be pretty good because it takes focus, which Cody and Jess have in spades, so at least it is tipped a bit in their favor.

They can easily take Elena out of the equation for HOH if they put in a never-not pass as an option because she will definitely take that option.

I don't think there will be anymore never not passes, they gave that to Raven the first week.  I can't remember anytime there were two never not passes in the same season

Doesn't mean they wouldn't throw it out there again because they would want to entice Elena away from the HOH, otherwise, there is no power shift. Plus I thought in the Clay/Shelli season when Becky won the slip n slide, she won HOH, money and the never-not pass and that was later in the season. Maybe they didn't have one before that in the season.

And Ctown, don't rain on my parade, I am trying to stack the odds in the favor of Jess and Cody!

neener
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   

Back to top Go down
 
Guess the comp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» for sale 2004 grand prix comp g gtp 3800 series 2 supercharged
» Autometer Pro Comp Gauges (price drop)
» Lego Comp
» National Building comp
» guess what it says

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 19 :: Big Brother 19: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: