View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10033

PostSubject: Den of temptation   Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:24 pm

IN a turn of events that surprises absolutely nobody, Paul has receive the 3 weeks of safety from the Den of Temptation. Have not heard what the consequence is
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:02 pm

It seems the consequence of this temptation is that Ramses is snake bitten. Sometime over the next 3 weeks he has to put himself on the block. He decides when. This is a no brainer. You put yourself up next week right after nom ceremony to make sure you play in veto.

Still a shitty twist. How is this a consequence to Paul. These twists are going to be skewed all seadon
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:13 am

I just commented about this on another thread, but it really belongs here. I am wondering whether or not he has to be the initial nominee by way of telling the HOH to put him up? If not, he can choose to "save" someone from the block by pulling down and being their replacement and possibly get a deal for himself for a vote or multiple votes depending on the person and their particular group. This would open the door for him to make some sort of a deal with that particular nominee and once again the HOH is screwed over because someone he/she put on the block is off and free to come after him/her the following week. And if he does pull a person off the block in this manner, can that person be a replacement nominee after veto?

And why the hell did Ramses tell anyone about the curse. This takes any power he might have been able to leverage with it out of his hands because the next 3 HOH's know that he is a viable person to use as a "pawn" and he won't have the option to potentially save someone in the way I outlined above. He is supposed to be a superfan and should really know better than that.

I agree with you Ctown, they missed the boat on this twist by not making the consequence be geared either toward the person receiving the reward. I get that they want to be sure people take the temptation week after week, but if they are going to be awarded the power and they don't even have to compete in any way to receive it, then there should be a consequence to that action. Otherwise, it is just free power that production assigns to the person they want for the week.

And I said this in the other thread too, I am betting that Cody wins the Ring of Replacement to ensure he can't be backdoored next week to set up the Paul vs Cody rivalry they were hoping for (or for the secret alliance that they might form because I think Paul sees an opening to Cody being his Victor........which might work for a hot minute, but no longer than that).
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:22 am

Here's the biggest problem with the Den of Temptation. It opposite Pandora box, you are told what happens to you before hand.  Paul goes in and if he accepts he gets 3 weeks of safety, but something will happen to someone else.  So where's the temptation? Hey, I get something good here, and one of the people I'm playing against gets fucked, I'm all for it, it's a "random person" who gets fucked so it may be an alliance member, but it's still not me.

Last edited by Naru on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction for ctowns phone :P--hope I got it right.)
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7438

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:30 am

ctown28 wrote:
Here's the biggest problem with the Den of Temptation. It opposite Pandora box, you are told what happens to you before hand.  Paul goes in and if he accepts he gets 3 weeks of safety, but something will happen to someone else.  So where's the temptation? Hey, I get something good here, and one of the people I'm playing against gets fucked, I'm all for it, it's a "random person" who gets fucked so it may be an alliance member, but it's still not me.

That same mentality could get Paul selected to be cursed....yes?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:36 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Unless the curse is something stupid like he has to wear a costume (which he would thoroughly enjoy doing) or he is a have-not for 2 weeks straight (which he would get rid of by winning the next HOH) or he has to do something like last year with the secret service thing when called (which again he would love to do), I don't see him receiving any kind of curse like the one Ramses received this week.

And Ctown, you make a great point, where is the temptation? There is no downside at all to taking the temptation.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:44 am

chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Unless the curse is something stupid like he has to wear a costume (which he would thoroughly enjoy doing) or he is a have-not for 2 weeks straight (which he would get rid of by winning the next HOH) or he has to do something like last year with the secret service thing when called (which again he would love to do), I don't see him receiving any kind of curse like the one Ramses received this week.

And Ctown, you make a great point, where is the temptation?  There is no downside at all to taking the temptation.  

I have to agree with you on the temptation thing. It fallows the law of equivalent exchange. In order to receive something good you must loose something of equal value. He wanted safety for 3 weeks he should have had the stipulation that he couldn't be HOH for 3 weeks or he had to be a have not for the same time, or better yet he couldn't talk for 3 weeks. zipit

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:33 am

Naru wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

And Ctown, you make a great point, where is the temptation?  There is no downside at all to taking the temptation.  

I have to agree with you on the temptation thing. It fallows the law of equivalent exchange. In order to receive something good you must loose something of equal value. He wanted safety for 3 weeks he should have had the stipulation that he couldn't be HOH for 3 weeks or he had to be a have not for the same time, or better yet he couldn't talk for 3 weeks. zipit

I could absolutely get on board with ANY of the options you pointed out, especially shutting him up...........hell even for a day or two!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:21 am

Ctown, has Cameron or Jillian been seen on social media anywhere? I know they didn't do the good-bye message for Jillian on the live show and Cameron wouldn't have had them anyway.

The next DoT is the halting hex. I am wondering if that one is used if it would possibly be the "curse" that spurs a returnee? It would be pretty funny for it to be used, the eviction is canceled and the someone returns too. That would be a pretty entertaining week!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:10 am

chap5788 wrote:
Ctown, has Cameron or Jillian been seen on social media anywhere?  I know they didn't do the good-bye message for Jillian on the live show and Cameron wouldn't have had them anyway.  

The next DoT is the halting hex.  I am wondering if that one is used if it would possibly be the "curse" that spurs a returnee?  It would be pretty funny for it to be used, the eviction is canceled and the someone returns too.  That would be a pretty entertaining week!

They have not. rumor is they are both in sequester for a battle back (not a buyback, there is no such thing)

Now that being said, we don't know for certain the next one is a halting hex. Production can change it up. Don't be surprised if they do so that when Paul's safety is up they can get someone to use it on him
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:38 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Ctown, has Cameron or Jillian been seen on social media anywhere?  I know they didn't do the good-bye message for Jillian on the live show and Cameron wouldn't have had them anyway.  

The next DoT is the halting hex.  I am wondering if that one is used if it would possibly be the "curse" that spurs a returnee?  It would be pretty funny for it to be used, the eviction is canceled and the someone returns too.  That would be a pretty entertaining week!

They have not. rumor is they are both in sequester for a battle back (not a buyback, there is no such thing)

Now that being said, we don't know for certain the next one is a halting hex. Production can change it up. Don't be surprised if they do so that when Paul's safety is up they can get someone to use it on him

I read a couple of articles online that pretty much stated the Ring of Replacement was next (this week) and the Halting Hex was going to be after that, but as we all know, those "leaked" things like that are not an exact science and as you point out, they will need that halting hex to be there to save Paul his first week off safety. That being said, after the "Raven TV Show" on BBAD last night that featured Raven talking about her gastroparesis, the challenges of it, and her "always positive outlook on everyone and life" (out in the open maybe, but not behind closed doors for sure), she will be the next one to receive the temptation for sure. And we all know that this WILL make the show, but her behavior as far as laughing at people who are on the outside of the game and taking enormous joy in their demise won't. So, if it is this week, this is yet another power that Paul will definitely have in his pocket.

So, let's see 3 weeks of safety, Ring of Replacement and halting hex, basically all under Paul's control. Do you think that will be enough for him to win the game or will they need more going forward? Geez, I think I could win the game with all these perks!
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:52 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

I read a couple of articles online that pretty much stated the Ring of Replacement was next (this week) and the Halting Hex was going to be after that, but as we all know, those "leaked" things like that are not an exact science and as you point out, they will need that halting hex to be there to save Paul his first week off safety.  That being said, after the "Raven TV Show" on BBAD last night that featured Raven talking about her gastroparesis, the challenges of it, and her "always positive outlook on everyone and life" (out in the open maybe, but not behind closed doors for sure), she will be the next one to receive the temptation for sure.  And we all know that this WILL make the show, but her behavior as far as laughing at people who are on the outside of the game and taking enormous joy in their demise won't.  So, if it is this week, this is yet another power that Paul will definitely have in his pocket.

So, let's see 3 weeks of safety, Ring of Replacement and halting hex, basically all under Paul's control.  Do you think that will be enough for him to win the game or will they need more going forward?  Geez, I think I could win the game with all these perks!

You could win this game with none of thoes perks with these idiots. :facepalm:

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Naru wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

I read a couple of articles online that pretty much stated the Ring of Replacement was next (this week) and the Halting Hex was going to be after that, but as we all know, those "leaked" things like that are not an exact science and as you point out, they will need that halting hex to be there to save Paul his first week off safety.  That being said, after the "Raven TV Show" on BBAD last night that featured Raven talking about her gastroparesis, the challenges of it, and her "always positive outlook on everyone and life" (out in the open maybe, but not behind closed doors for sure), she will be the next one to receive the temptation for sure.  And we all know that this WILL make the show, but her behavior as far as laughing at people who are on the outside of the game and taking enormous joy in their demise won't.  So, if it is this week, this is yet another power that Paul will definitely have in his pocket.

So, let's see 3 weeks of safety, Ring of Replacement and halting hex, basically all under Paul's control.  Do you think that will be enough for him to win the game or will they need more going forward?  Geez, I think I could win the game with all these perks!

Good point! But I have to be honest, I would NEVER SURVIVE in the BB house. I am way too mouthy, have very little filter and my face pretty much shows what I am thinking. I am pretty certain I would be the first one evicted for sure. Not to mention the comps would absolutely kill me!
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:44 am

chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Good point!  But I have to be honest, I would NEVER SURVIVE in the BB house.  I am way too mouthy, have very little filter and my face pretty much shows what I am thinking.  I am pretty certain I would be the first one evicted for sure.  Not to mention the comps would absolutely kill me!

All reasons to keep you in the house because you could be used and tossed aside pulse...your not a comp threat...lol

Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:08 am

By the way....anyone want to place bets on who gets the next temptation? Who ever it is will obviously take it and give a bit finger   mooning  Razz To the house guests.

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:00 pm

I am almost certain that the halting hex will either be "voted" to be given to Alex, Kevin or Raven.

If I had to choose one of them, it would be Alex for this one.

And btw Ctown, Paul mentioned last night that he has 2 MORE weeks of safety when talking to Ramses, and it didn't sound like he was bullshitting. So, you and the others who talked about that on Dick at Nite (no I still haven't gotten around to watching it) were correct about his thought process on that and it was not just a passing comment. And once again, I think it is bullshit if they are actually discounting this week because he was HOH with automatic safety. The temptation clearly said "for the next 3 weeks" not the next 3 times you are eligible to be nominated.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Jokers wrote:
Thu 7:04 PM BBT Julie made a statement before closing "In a Big Brother first, houseguests will be able to STOP their return to the game No context provided around that by Julie

Could the halting hex be used in that manner?

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm

I just realized tonight that the announcer only tells the name of the temptation, no explanation. How the hell can the average viewer vote for something when they don't even know what the hell it is?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Naru wrote:
Jokers wrote:
Thu 7:04 PM BBT Julie made a statement before closing "In a Big Brother first, houseguests will be able to STOP their return to the game No context provided around that by Julie

On the website as of yesterday, it said they can halt the eviction during the live show, it said NOTHING about stopping the return of a houseguest. I would go look, but I have my live feeds up right now and sometimes on these endurance comp nights if I don't get in there early, I have problems when the feeds actually do start showing the comp (probably the traffic I assume). But this is garbage. Everyone in that house knows that of those evicted, Cody has an excellent chance of winning his way back in, so if they get to CHOOSE something, they are not going to choose for him to return for sure. So once again, he will get fucked.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:13 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
Jokers wrote:

On the website as of yesterday, it said they can halt the eviction during the live show, it said NOTHING about stopping the return of a houseguest.  I would go look, but I have my live feeds up right now and sometimes on these endurance comp nights if I don't get in there early, I have problems when the feeds actually do start showing the comp (probably the traffic I assume).  But this is garbage.  Everyone in that house knows that of those evicted, Cody has an excellent chance of winning his way back in, so if they get to CHOOSE something, they are not going to choose for him to return for sure.  So once again, he will get fucked.

Should make next season interesting. Seeing how Paul got to return maybe Alex and Cody will return.

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:19 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I just realized tonight that the announcer only tells the name of the temptation, no explanation. How the hell can the average viewer vote for something when they don't even know what the hell it is?

When you go to the website to vote, it gives an explanation

Last edited by Naru on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction for ctowns phone :P)
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:22 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
Jokers wrote:

On the website as of yesterday, it said they can halt the eviction during the live show, it said NOTHING about stopping the return of a houseguest.  I would go look, but I have my live feeds up right now and sometimes on these endurance comp nights if I don't get in there early, I have problems when the feeds actually do start showing the comp (probably the traffic I assume).  But this is garbage.  Everyone in that house knows that of those evicted, Cody has an excellent chance of winning his way back in, so if they get to CHOOSE something, they are not going to choose for him to return for sure.  So once again, he will get fucked.

I think Julie misspoke on it.  They have very been left to  a eviction before and that could be what so was talking about.  If they can block a returning player, what's the Point?  I need to  call and watch but not until this comp is over

Last edited by Naru on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction for ctowns phone :P)
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:30 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
Jokers wrote:

I think Julie misspoke on it.  They have very been left to  a eviction before and that could be what so was talking about.  If they can block a returning player, what's the Point?  I need to  call and watch but not until this comp is over

I rewatched and she clearly was talking about the battle back. Perhaps the hgs will compete as well and it will favor Paul
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:43 pm

ctown28 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
Jokers wrote:

I rewatched and she clearly was talking about the battle back.  Perhaps the hgs will compete as well and it will favor Paul

I thought Naru was trying to say that the person with the halting hex might be able to stop the return or the eviction, but the temptation clearly states eviction and like you said Julie clearly said stop the returning.

I still wonder if it will be part of the hex, like if it is used the person will return. If it is not used, they will not return or something like that. Or, if they ACCEPT the temptation the returnee will come back in, that makes it a for sure thing.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:49 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
Jokers wrote:

I rewatched and she clearly was talking about the battle back.  Perhaps the hgs will compete as well and it will favor Paul

I thought Naru was trying to say that the person with the halting hex might be able to stop the return or the eviction, but the temptation clearly states eviction and like you said Julie clearly said stop the returning.  

I still wonder if it will be part of the hex, like if it is used the person will return.  If it is not used, they will not return or something like that.  Or, if they ACCEPT the temptation the returnee will come back in, that makes it a for sure thing.

I don't think it has anything to do with the temptation.  But I can't see it being blocked regardless, they still need to make up for Megan leaving and they aren't going to cancel a double eviction

Last edited by ctown28 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Den of temptation   

Back to top Go down

Den of temptation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next