AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10039

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:30 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
This edit tonight is complete and utter horseshit.  Why are they so afraid to show Paul as the douche that he is?

You already know the answer so why even ask?

No I don't. It makes no sense. Look at all the online polls. Paul is not liked. People will watch anyhow. Cmon, they make it look like jess went back on the "deal" and gloss over the fact that Paul had no intention of honoring it.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7440

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:40 am

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
This edit tonight is complete and utter horseshit.  Why are they so afraid to show Paul as the douche that he is?

No I don't. It makes no sense.  Look at all the online polls. Paul is not liked. People will watch anyhow.  Cmon, they make it look like jess went back on the "deal" and gloss over the fact that Paul had no intention of honoring it.

Dude, it's already decided. Paul will win BB19.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:55 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

No I don't. It makes no sense.  Look at all the online polls. Paul is not liked. People will watch anyhow.  Cmon, they make it look like jess went back on the "deal" and gloss over the fact that Paul had no intention of honoring it.

I actually don't think he will. We aren't even to jury yet. lots of game to be played. And you didn't answer the question? What sense does it make? Giving him a positive edit has no bearing on the game at all.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:07 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Because the winner of the season was predetermined before it even started. They probably have all the promos ready to go..........

BB19 WINNER IS PAUL ASSHOLE! (insert confetti and ribbons here)

I couldn't remember the exact last name, but I believe it starts with an "A" so I thought this was appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:05 am

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

I actually don't think he will. We aren't even to jury yet.  lots of game to be played.  And you didn't answer the question?  What sense does it make?  Giving him a positive edit has no bearing on the game at all.

Because Paul is suppose to win BB19 so showing him in a negative light could risk that outcome.

They have to make it look as if Paul has never gone back on his word in order to keep his "clean" image.

The temptation at the very start of the game insured Paul would be brought back into the game. That is why it was made 25k rather then the small amount they usually offer of 5 to 10k. Paul can't win the game if he's not in it and in order for him to win it he has to be in it. Paul spent the week shitting on the military and coordinating, participating and over indulging in full court press of bullying. If they let that out into the BB vers, everyone would be calling for CBS to do something. (much like the race thing a few seasons back) and Paul would have to go or "modified" his behavior more so they can do the right edit. That is why it makes scene because usually after a week of being shit on the power in the house shift and it didn't....it fell in Paul's favor. (then there is the obvious fact that other then Jess and Cody...NO ONE will target Paul or even Raven for that matter. So there you go....season....done.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:34 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

I actually don't think he will. We aren't even to jury yet.  lots of game to be played.  And you didn't answer the question?  What sense does it make?  Giving him a positive edit has no bearing on the game at all.

Because Paul is suppose to win BB19 so showing him in a negative light could risk that outcome.

They have to make it look as if Paul has never gone back on his word in order to keep his "clean" image.

The temptation at the very start of the game insured Paul would be brought back into the game. That is why it was made 25k rather then the small amount they usually offer of 5 to 10k. Paul can't win the game if he's not in it and in order for him to win it he has to be in it. Paul spent the week shitting on the military and coordinating, participating and over indulging in full court press of bullying. If they let that out into the BB vers, everyone would be calling for CBS to do something. (much like the race thing a few seasons back) and Paul would have to go or "modified" his behavior more so they can do the right edit. That is why it makes scene because usually after a week of being shit on the power in the house shift and it didn't....it fell in Paul's favor. (then there is the obvious fact that other then Jess and Cody...NO ONE will target Paul or even Raven for that matter. So there you go....season....done.

Yep, that's it, pretty much in a nutshell. Honestly I think the only reason the race thing was made as big as it was at the time was because Aaryn made remarks about Asians and Julie Chen probably told them that if they expect her to represent the show then they have to bring that into the light. I was hoping that she might think the same thing about this, but I guess not.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:11 am

chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Yep, that's it, pretty much in a nutshell.  Honestly I think the only reason the race thing was made as big as it was at the time was because Aaryn made remarks about Asians and Julie Chen probably told them that if they expect her to represent the show then they have to bring that into the light.  I was hoping that she might think the same thing about this, but I guess not.

So please explain to me how showing him in a negative light affects the jury vote? They didn't see the edit. Social media is mostly anti Paul, he is low on the favorites. Boogie was a winner people didn't like, so was Adam, and others. So why does cbs kiss the returning players ass so much? If anything it cost them more in stipend for him to make jury.

Because they love returnees is not a logical reason
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:02 am

ctown28 wrote:
So please explain to me how showing him in a negative light affects the jury vote?  They didn't see the edit.  Social media is mostly anti Paul, he is low on the favorites.  Boogie was a winner people didn't like, so was Adam, and others.  So why does cbs kiss the returning players ass so much?  If anything it cost them more in stipend for him to make jury.

Not sure where the reference to the jury vote comes into play here, but I believe that returning players are promised certain things to return to the game. You said it yourself, they don't have all-star seasons anymore because the vets ask for too much and they can't afford a whole cast of them for 1 season. So who is to say that Paul doesn't get a set amount for the season regardless of how long he stays in the game? Maybe making jury doesn't give him anything extra, but winning the game obviously would.

You notice the bullying suddenly stopped completely. Nobody is talking about Cody's military service any longer. Nobody is talking about him being violent anymore. The talks of "breaking him" have been tempered. If they keep Paul's image clean on this front, as the game progresses people will forget about it.

The only threats to Paul not making it to the end of the game will be leaving the house this week, well at least 1 of them anyway and the other one is not going to make it much further than a week or two for sure. So, with Paul's image not taking too much of a hit from the bullying aspect, he is left in the house with a bunch of puppets that were handed to him on a silver platter and he wins easily at the end and CBS has their shining start with a minority of BB fans even remembering any of this happening because CBS swept it under the rug.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:41 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Yep, that's it, pretty much in a nutshell.  Honestly I think the only reason the race thing was made as big as it was at the time was because Aaryn made remarks about Asians and Julie Chen probably told them that if they expect her to represent the show then they have to bring that into the light.  I was hoping that she might think the same thing about this, but I guess not.

So please explain to me how showing him in a negative light affects the jury vote?  They didn't see the edit.  Social media is mostly anti Paul, he is low on the favorites.  Boogie was a winner people didn't like, so was Adam, and others.  So why does cbs kiss the returning players ass so much?  If anything it cost them more in stipend for him to make jury.

I never said anything about jury and I'm tired, literally, tired of this shit. Go back and check the posts I made. I hated Cory and Jess to the core but then YOU argued that Cody got shit on and I saw that I needed to adjust my view on it. Then the Pussy Pop Paul went all in on Cody's military service and that PISSED ME THE FUCK OFF! I wanted to believe that some greater power would make Paul pay for this but it looks as if I'm pissing in the wind and wondering why it is only raining on me.

Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:00 am

I do think, given all that I have seen, that Paul is being handed this season. He gets away with everything and anything. However, my fondest hope is that someone steps up (not likely) and realizes what a manipulative douche this guy is, and wins this thing.

The only hope seems to be Alex, who has her secret "thing" with him. She is his "under the covers" right hand (ewwwwwww, hope he is a leftie, sorry). I wish she would play HER game (or perhaps she is, that remains to be seen). In my opinion she may be the last hope for a non Paul win.

The only person I really don't want to see win, besides Paul, is RAVEN (delusional bitch).

“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Naru wrote:

I never said anything about jury and I'm tired, literally, tired of this shit. Go back and check the posts I made. I hated Cory and Jess to the core but then YOU argued that Cody got shit on and I saw that I needed to adjust my view on it. Then the Pussy Pop Paul went all in on Cody's military service and that PISSED ME THE FUCK OFF! I wanted to believe that some greater power would make Paul pay for this but it looks as if I'm pissing in the wind and wondering why it is only raining on me.

chap wrote:
Not sure where the reference to the jury vote comes into play here, but I believe that returning players are promised certain things to return to the game. You said it yourself, they don't have all-star seasons anymore because the vets ask for too much and they can't afford a whole cast of them for 1 season. So who is to say that Paul doesn't get a set amount for the season regardless of how long he stays in the game? Maybe making jury doesn't give him anything extra, but winning the game obviously would.

When the claim is made that Paul is supposed to win and reflecting him in a bad light affects that outcome, the jury 100% comes into play. At the end of the game, there will be 9 jurors who decide who wins the game. They will not see the edit, in fact the first juror will be out for half the game and have no idea what happens in the house so can only go by what they are told. So I ask again, how does not showing Pauls true colors affect him winning the game?

And yes, returning players get certain perks, a higher stipend for one, a guaranteed amount just for making jury. But none of that has shit to do with giving them an edit that is complete and total bullshit. In BB11, did Jessie get the favorable edits? Hell, just last year, they even showed the thing with Frank smacking DaVonnes ass all the time to paint him in a negative light. Whats so special about Paul, that they won't show any of this. Forget about the military mocking they did on Cody for a moment and look at how they tried to paint the situation last night to show Jess went back on the "deal" they had. You know, the one Paul had no intention of sticking to, they made it look like she was at fault and was taking it when that wasn't going to happen. She may have thought about it but never seriously. They didn't even show the part where she said she needed to be removed from the block to go through with it, instead, they made it look like it was Pauls idea to consider removing her
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Okay, I get what you are saying now Ctown, just takes the brain cells a bit to kick in.

No it does not affect the jury votes, but it will not matter who he sits next to in the jury at this point, he will win. He will lose Cody and Mark if he is sitting next to Raven, but that is it. The others will go to jury believing that he was blindsided by this or that and HE WILL AVENGE THEM or some other stupid shit. And quite frankly if he gets to the end having lead all these stupid people around by the nose the entire season, he deserves to win.

That being said, I believe that BB wants a certain storyline for this season. They send in 1 vet. He is a character that plays the game based on "friendship" his catch phrase from last season. He is a master manipulator that will control the house (without mentioning too much about all the advantages he was given to be put in that position in the first place)...............so far so good.

If they throw shade on his character in the form of bullying and not being happy just evicting people, he has to grind them into the dirt while doing it then the storyline loses a bit of luster.

On the other hand, if they white wash or sweep under the rug his dirty and downright despicable tactics, and allow him time to polish the image back up (because once Cody and Jess are gone, he won't need any big plays to accomplish the win for sure) in the coming weeks. The storyline is a mush prettier thing to look at.

Avid BB fans will call bullshit, people tend to have short memories and because they love the show they will move on. And because it is no longer a relevant storyline, when he comes out the uproar facing him will have died down too.

If I were in charge of BB production or even CBS, I would want this bullying bullshit FRONT AND CENTER. Not only is it relevant to the events in the house, but it is also a very hot topic that is relevant in mainstream society today. But, they missed that opportunity and swept it under the rug which is shameful.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:32 pm

Oh and the Frank thing from last season. That was an incident between 2 vets and Da'Vonne added much more to the game in the way of entertaining DR sessions and causing chaos from paranoia and such. I don't think they had a choice in that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode thoughts    

Back to top Go down

Tonight's episode thoughts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4