Upcoming temptations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9148

PostSubject: Upcoming temptations   Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:58 pm

It seems that CBS has included the upcoming temptations in the source code of the voting page. Here are some of the upcoming tempations:

Quote :
The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Ring of Replacement, which will give them the power to play in any Veto Competition they want this summer! If they’re not one of the six houseguests playing, they can swap places with one of the three players chosen by random draw. The Ring of Replacement can only be used once, but remember, every temptation comes with a consequence

The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Halting Hex! Whether on the block or not, they can halt any one of the next four evictions during the live show, making it a non-eviction night. But remember, every temptation comes with a consequence.

Both of those are horrible just like the first one. The veto one I don't mind so much but the halt eviction thing? That's ridiculous. Quit manipulating the damn game and these people play.

Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6880

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:33 pm

ctown28 wrote:
It seems that CBS has included the upcoming temptations in the source code of the voting page.  Here are some of the upcoming tempations:

Quote :
The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Ring of Replacement, which will give them the power to play in any Veto Competition they want this summer! If they’re not one of the six houseguests playing, they can swap places with one of the three players chosen by random draw. The Ring of Replacement can only be used once, but remember, every temptation comes with a consequence

The winning houseguest will be tempted with the Halting Hex! Whether on the block or not, they can halt any one of the next four evictions during the live show, making it a non-eviction night. But remember, every temptation comes with a consequence.

Both of those are horrible just like the first one.  The veto one I don't mind so much but the halt eviction thing?  That's ridiculous.  Quit manipulating the damn game and these people play.

Ok, let me play devil's advocate for a moment, You are looking at the rewards but I want to see the consequence.
Example: if the replacement is slop for the rest of the summer. That is total bull shit and puts me in your camp. But if that consequence is say....Telling no lie for a week. That would be interesting because, although know one is told who was awarded what and when then they could go threw the week without any problems or with huge problems. Ether way it makes that person's personal game a bit more difficult. That kind of manipulation I can deal with.

Also this Temptation deal could be a consequence for the entire house. Remember the deal with Pandora's box? You could get something great but the house suffers or you could get something you don't like and the house gets something great.
So we will have to wait and see. Like I said if the flip side of the coin is equally bad as the reward then it could work but if they put out there bullshit punishments then it is doomed to flop greatly. We will see.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Naru wrote:

Ok, let me play devil's advocate for a moment, You are looking at the rewards but I want to see the consequence.
Example: if the replacement is slop for the rest of the summer. That is total bull shit and puts me in your camp. But if that consequence is say....Telling no lie for a week. That would be interesting because, although know one is told who was awarded what and when then they could go threw the week without any problems or with huge problems. Ether way it makes that person's personal game a bit more difficult. That kind of manipulation I can deal with.

Also this Temptation deal could be a consequence for the entire house. Remember the deal with Pandora's box? You could get something great but the house suffers or you could get something you don't like and the house gets something great.
So we will have to wait and see. Like I said if the flip side of the coin is equally bad as the reward then it could work but if they put out there bullshit punishments then it is doomed to flop greatly. We will see.

Consequences don't matter, the fact of the advantage is the huge thing. As far as your example of not telling a lie for a week. How do you think they would enforce that? They wouldn't and we all know it. Just the fact that "America" decides who gets it is a crock of shit in itself. Lets take a look at last season. Victor won "America's favorite" yet we are also to believe that even though hes our favorite, he never got enough votes to win a care package. Production doesn't even give an effort to hid their interferance any longer.

The only thing I can hope for is that these twists are a flop and get abandoned quick like the weekly Gronk parties did
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:03 am

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:

Consequences don't matter, the fact of the advantage is the huge thing.  As far as your example of not telling a lie for a week.  How do you think they would enforce that?  They wouldn't and we all know it.  Just the fact that "America" decides who gets it is a crock of shit in itself.  Lets take a look at last season.  Victor won "America's favorite" yet we are also to believe that even though hes our favorite, he never got enough votes to win a care package.  Production doesn't even give an effort to hid their interferance any longer.  

The only thing I can hope for is that these twists are a flop and get abandoned quick like the weekly Gronk parties did

Simple they honk a clown horn and that person would have to walk back what they said. If they fail to comply they loose the advantage. I can totally see Paul fucking that up to the point he would just simply imply that he can not speak for a week and these morons would think he is just PMS'n
LMFAO

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:

Consequences don't matter, the fact of the advantage is the huge thing.  As far as your example of not telling a lie for a week.  How do you think they would enforce that?  They wouldn't and we all know it.  Just the fact that "America" decides who gets it is a crock of shit in itself.  Lets take a look at last season.  Victor won "America's favorite" yet we are also to believe that even though hes our favorite, he never got enough votes to win a care package.  Production doesn't even give an effort to hid their interferance any longer.  

Simple they honk a clown horn and that person would have to walk back what they said. If they fail to comply they loose the advantage. I can totally see Paul fucking that up to the point he would just simply imply that he can not speak for a week and these morons would think he is just PMS'n
LMFAO

Too many variables there. What's a lie and what isn't. Think of Star Wars when Obi Wan told Luke he told him the truth from a certain point of view. You can't give production the power to determine what's a lie. Not to mention the fact, some people tell so many lies, they don't remember what's true
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:25 am

good point :facepalm:

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6779

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:20 pm

I am kind of on the fence about the whole temptation and curse twist at this point. Not sure if it has been posted on here or not (I am behind in reading stuff on the boards), but Paul revealed to the camera that he received the Pendent of Protection and has 3 weeks of safety. And Ramses told Jillian that he was "bitten by the serpent" but he apparently was told by production that he could not reveal what that meant because they want it revealed on the episode. I think it is a load of crap that Paul actually won this thing through the vote because the joker's website his placement has been in the 8th to 10th place range since he entered the show and I would think it would have been one of the more popular players that received the votes. I guess an argument could be made that he is a vet and therefore more in jeopardy than others which might motivate people to vote or even that he is more recognizable at this point, but that is a stretch too.

But that being said, he has been named the winner, so we are stuck with that situation. What I think would have been better in this situation is if the "curse" part of the situation goes to the person who receives the reward. For example, Paul winning the 3 weeks of safety means he can't win HOH for those same 3 weeks as well. If he wins HOH, the reward is removed. Otherwise, he gets a double reward here. He has safety for 3 weeks. If he wins HOH this coming week, he can make a HUGE BOLD move and get someone evicted that normally would paint a target on his back for the following week, but his safety net saves him from that situation. Meanwhile a secondary person (in this case appears to be Ramses) gets some sort of curse and that was not voted for like Paul's it was a random thing.

I also question the logistics of this specific power that Paul has. Nobody knows he received this power. So if any HOH in the next 3 weeks wants to nominate Paul are they told they can't? Does Paul stand up and reveal it at the nomination ceremony? Can Paul let the nomination stand, play the veto and if it doesn't go his way, then remove himself from the block? And if an HOH wants to backdoor him after a veto is used, does he stand up at the ceremony and they have to name a new person on the spot? Or, can he ride it out on the block and on eviction night it is revealed he can't be evicted? There are so many variables on this situation. Paul is hoping he doesn't have to reveal that he has the power in the 3 week span. Then he can go through the rest of the season every week "hoping" with everyone else to get a power and then go off the deep end saying America hates him, etc., because he is not receiving any powers.

As far as the upcoming powers Ring of Replacement and Halting Hex, I am okay with the veto replacement thing, that is kind of a "normal" enhancement. But the halting hex is something way different. If that is used, the curse had better be something REALLY, REALLY HUGE. Like the 2 who were on the block at eviction time can't compete in the HOH comp that follows AND if the person who used the halting hex is not one of those on the block, they are eliminated from competing in the HOH as well. Then production should throw a double eviction at them WITHOUT ANY hint that it is coming.

I completely agree with Naru that if the curses are something really lame, these temptations will do nothing but make it easier for production to manipulate the game. However, if the curses are more tied to the temptations, then it could be an intriguing aspect IF they would allow the voting to speak for itself instead of manipulating that as well.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:31 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I am kind of on the fence about the whole temptation and curse twist at this point.  Not sure if it has been posted on here or not (I am behind in reading stuff on the boards), but Paul revealed to the camera that he received the Pendent of Protection and has 3 weeks of safety.  And Ramses told Jillian that he was "bitten by the serpent" but he apparently was told by production that he could not reveal what that meant because they want it revealed on the episode.  I think it is a load of crap that Paul actually won this thing through the vote because the joker's website his placement has been in the 8th to 10th place range since he entered the show and I would think it would have been one of the more popular players that received the votes.  I guess an argument could be made that he is a vet and therefore more in jeopardy than others which might motivate people to vote or even that he is more recognizable at this point, but that is a stretch too.  

But that being said, he has been named the winner, so we are stuck with that situation.  What I think would have been better in this situation is if the "curse" part of the situation goes to the person who receives the reward.  For example, Paul winning the 3 weeks of safety means he can't win HOH for those same 3 weeks as well.  If he wins HOH, the reward is removed.  Otherwise, he gets a double reward here.  He has safety for 3 weeks.  If he wins HOH this coming week, he can make a HUGE BOLD move and get someone evicted that normally would paint a target on his back for the following week, but his safety net saves him from that situation.  Meanwhile a secondary person (in this case appears to be Ramses) gets some sort of curse and that was not voted for like Paul's it was a random thing.  

I also question the logistics of this specific power that Paul has.  Nobody knows he received this power.  So if any HOH in the next 3 weeks wants to nominate Paul are they told they can't?  Does Paul stand up and reveal it at the nomination ceremony?  Can Paul let the nomination stand, play the veto and if it doesn't go his way, then remove himself from the block?  And if an HOH wants to backdoor him after a veto is used, does he stand up at the ceremony and they have to name a new person on the spot?  Or, can he ride it out on the block and on eviction night it is revealed he can't be evicted?  There are so many variables on this situation.  Paul is hoping he doesn't have to reveal that he has the power in the 3 week span.  Then he can go through the rest of the season every week "hoping" with everyone else to get a power and then go off the deep end saying America hates him, etc., because he is not receiving any powers.  

As far as the upcoming powers Ring of Replacement and Halting Hex, I am okay with the veto replacement thing, that is kind of a "normal" enhancement.  But the halting hex is something way different.  If that is used, the curse had better be something REALLY, REALLY HUGE.  Like the 2 who were on the block at eviction time can't compete in the HOH comp that follows AND if the person who used the halting hex is not one of those on the block, they are eliminated from competing in the HOH as well.  Then production should throw a double eviction at them WITHOUT ANY hint that it is coming.

I completely agree with Naru that if the curses are something really lame, these temptations will do nothing but make it easier for production to manipulate the game.  However, if the curses are more tied to the temptations, then it could be an intriguing aspect IF they would allow the voting to speak for itself instead of manipulating that as well.

I agree but it is stupid for them to give him this one for one reason and one reason only. He can not receive another "temptation" now. Jullie clearly said that once a temptation is awarded then they can not be tempted again. I think he could have sweated it out for a few weeks at least. Now if something happens what are they going to do?

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:33 pm

Naru wrote:

I agree but it is stupid for them to give him this one for one reason and one reason only. He can not receive another "temptation" now. Jullie clearly said that once a temptation is awarded then they can not be tempted again. I think he could have sweated it out for a few weeks at least. Now if something happens what are they going to do?

It doesn't matter. It was set up before the season started to give Paul 3 weeks safety. They'll deal with it next in 3 weeks. The vote will be where someone gets punished and if needed, Paul will magically pull the other side of it. Do you think those numbered bottles are truly random? How about printed the names instead of numbers on the other side? I swear production doesn't even try to hide it anymore.

We finally have a decent cast. Let these people play
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6779

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:46 am

After thinking about it and looking at some various BB websites where they were doing polling the night of the vote, there is a distinct possibility that Paul actually did win that vote. The vote was only open for a few hours. Most of viewers had only just met the cast and they knew Paul from last season. Cody was an ass when he nominated Megan and then he stated that he might want to backdoor Paul. So people would vote for the person they were already familiar with, or they voted to thwart the BD plan of the asshole with the power trip in the HOH room. Now, I am not saying that production doesn't manipulate it, but this was actually a pretty good gamble for them to hang their hat on that Paul would be chosen for this 3 weeks of safety.

As far as what they will do going forward to keep Paul in the game, that's easy. IF he actually gets evicted, there will be a battle back with a game geared to him and one that we don't get to watch live involving some timed competition or something which magically Paul will win.

I am calling it now, Cody will win the next temptation. The reason being, then he won't be backdoored right away. If he is not nominated, he will replace one of the players and it will be a physical veto that he will of course win. This keeps him and Paul in the house to do battle against each other..............or join forces for a Paul/Victor part 2 kind of thing.

As far as the curse part of it, once again all they had to do was either what Ctown said, have the names on those bottles instead of numbers when Paul made his choice. Or, they could have had numbered discs in a container (like the veto chips) and show it on camera as everyone picks a number. They could tell the hg's that the numbers are to determine the order in which they will enter the Den for the consequence, but we would know that Ramses being number 2 was the person cursed.

I still think the curses should be tied to the person who is taking the temptation. I get they want to be sure that EVERYONE takes the temptation and I guess this is one way to do it, but it just makes everything so lopsided. If the scan conversations are to be believed, Ramses has to basically nominate himself at some point in the next 3 weeks. At least they could have made it where he would be the third nominee for that particular week instead of just putting himself up there against someone he hopes is a bigger target than himself. And just how the hell does THAT work. Does he go to the HOH that week and ask them who they are putting up on the block and then tell them to replace nominee #1 or nominee #2? This is shitting on the HOH that week too.

This could have been a pretty good twist if they had to solve puzzles or something like that each week in order to win it. They would not be told what the temptation is for the week and just take their chances, but once they win it once, they are not eligible again. As far as the curses, I would still tie it to the winner of the temptation in some way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming temptations   

Back to top Go down

Upcoming temptations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1