Share | 

First Episode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6779

PostSubject: First Episode   Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:34 pm

Well, I only managed to get through a few of the bios before the episode tonight. I like to watch them for some of the background on the people and to make my first impressions, but that ship sailed.

Anyway some of my thoughts were right and some were not, but as far as the first episode, here are my thoughts.

My thoughts about the twists are kind of a mixed bag. I liked the first one where they were tempted with the money on it's own merits. You know this information will get out at some point and could bite the person in the behind. But, since it was Kevin it kind of squandered that aspect of it because he has no idea what he is doing anyway and I don't see him having any game to blow up if the information comes out.

As far as Paul re-entering the house, I can take it or leave it. He is very entertaining to be sure but they gave him a HUGE safety net by basically giving him 8 votes if he winds up on the block early, so it is kind of lame in that respect. That being said, putting him on the spot to make those choices and watch people suck up to him in their own way could have been entertaining, but I think it was edited pretty hard so who knows what went on.

Now the comp for safety I thought was pretty cool because it had a physical aspect and a strategy aspect with the clues to the apples and such. I have to say I was shocked by Alex in that comp though. And I was so surprised that Cameron froze and didn't remember any clues and just randomly picked an apple which ultimately sent him home.

The choice of vote or compete was an okay twist, but I was surprised that Christmas didn't choose compete. If there was any physicality to it at all Jillian would have went home, which would have been my preference, but it could have been a random kind of comp as well, so who knows. Even though they showed the votes at the end, I was really pissed we didn't get to see the LIVE votes. I hope they are not planning on doing this for the entire season on eviction night because that blows.

Now for the Den of Temptation vote, I am not sure how I feel about this. At least they are telling us what the prize/power is BEFORE we start voting. I don't like it when it is a surprise because when voting you can match the prize to the hg (even though we all suspect the voting is not always on the up and up). I do like the fact that once they go into the Den, they can't go back in there again. This means that nobody can get a slide through the game by collecting these things. I have a feeling the downside for this Pendant of Protection on Sunday (protection for 3 weeks) is going to be that they can't compete in HOH for those 3 weeks as well. So, that could actually be a pretty sweet twist. They get 3 weeks of safety, but also 3 weeks of no power. How many people would go on a power trip because of their safety and step on a lot of toes to make the eviction week following their safety reign an easy vote and how many people will sit back and observe and foster relationships and such. So far, I am okay with this only because it can't be the same person over and over and there is a bad thing to go along with the prize/power, etc.

Okay Ctown, tell me how my analysis is wrong, I am ready!

neener
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11295

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:59 pm

All I can say is...I AM SO FRICKIN PISSED!   Friendship bracelets....him.........grrrr.   Ugh! Why?????? ctown predicted this one!

My worst nightmare came true!

The Den of Temptation could be fun without  HIM!  hand

I am probably overreacting but I am soooooo mad he is back. Can we please have a season without repeats?

On the bright side, my Boston guy got 25, 0000. Good on him as he will probably be voted out soon.

UGH!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9148

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:24 am

chap5788 wrote:
Well, I only managed to get through a few of the bios before the episode tonight.  I like to watch them for some of the background on the people and to make my first impressions, but that ship sailed.

Anyway some of my thoughts were right and some were not, but as far as the first episode, here are my thoughts.

My thoughts about the twists are kind of a mixed bag.  I liked the first one where they were tempted with the money on it's own merits.  You know this information will get out at some point and could bite the person in the behind.  But, since it was Kevin it kind of squandered that aspect of it because he has no idea what he is doing anyway and I don't see him having any game to blow up if the information comes out.  

As far as Paul re-entering the house, I can take it or leave it.  He is very entertaining to be sure but they gave him a HUGE safety net by basically giving him 8 votes if he winds up on the block early, so it is kind of lame in that respect.  That being said, putting him on the spot to make those choices and watch people suck up to him in their own way could have been entertaining, but I think it was edited pretty hard so who knows what went on.

Now the comp for safety I thought was pretty cool because it had a physical aspect and a strategy aspect with the clues to the apples and such.  I have to say I was shocked by Alex in that comp though.  And I was so surprised that Cameron froze and didn't remember any clues and just randomly picked an apple which ultimately sent him home.

The choice of vote or compete was an okay twist, but I was surprised that Christmas didn't choose compete.  If there was any physicality to it at all Jillian would have went home, which would have been my preference, but it could have been a random kind of comp as well, so who knows.  Even though they showed the votes at the end, I was really pissed we didn't get to see the LIVE votes.  I hope they are not planning on doing this for the entire season on eviction night because that blows.

Now for the Den of Temptation vote, I am not sure how I feel about this.  At least they are telling us what the prize/power is BEFORE we start voting.  I don't like it when it is a surprise because when voting you can match the prize to the hg (even though we all suspect the voting is not always on the up and up).  I do like the fact that once they go into the Den, they can't go back in there again.  This means that nobody can get a slide through the game by collecting these things.  I have a feeling the downside for this Pendant of Protection on Sunday (protection for 3 weeks) is going to be that they can't compete in HOH for those 3 weeks as well.  So, that could actually be a pretty sweet twist.  They get 3 weeks of safety, but also 3 weeks of no power.  How many people would go on a power trip because of their safety and step on a lot of toes to make the eviction week following their safety reign an easy vote and how many people will sit back and observe and foster relationships and such.  So far, I am okay with this only because it can't be the same person over and over and there is a bad thing to go along with the prize/power, etc.

Okay Ctown, tell me how my analysis is wrong, I am ready!

neener

Your analysis is wrong for simple reasons.

Paul was coming back regardless. If nobody pushed it, they had it set for another twist to bring him back.

I can almost guarantee Paul will win that temptation since we know it includes safety for 3 weeks. This is classic manipulation. Oh it come with a consequence. It will be something stupid like he can't be hot or be on slop, but if he's safe what does it Matter? Ever notice a pattern where returnees get safety for weeks, following suit here.

I hated that whole thing where they didn't tell us the votes, but this was not live, they better not do that all season or IL be passed. That's a survivor gimmicks.

I'm glad Christmas stayed, as I like her so far, but wish jillian wouldve went. That being said, good move by the others. Cam showed his cards early, get rid of the nerd now.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:27 am

capricious1 wrote:
All I can say is...I AM SO FRICKIN PISSED!   Friendship bracelets....him.........grrrr.   Ugh! Why??????  ctown predicted this one!

I am probably overreacting but I am soooooo mad he is back.  Can we please have a season without repeats?

On the bright side, my Boston guy got 25, 0000.  Good on him as he will probably be voted out soon.  

UGH!  

Den of temptation is a horrible twist and I thought it was when they announced it. It's nothing more than Pandora box and giving production the power to manipulate if anyone else thinks it goes by America's vote doesn't realize Victor won AFP last year but never got a care package. This is care packages recycled
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:56 am

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
All I can say is...I AM SO FRICKIN PISSED!   Friendship bracelets....him.........grrrr.   Ugh! Why??????  ctown predicted this one!

I am probably overreacting but I am soooooo mad he is back.  Can we please have a season without repeats?

On the bright side, my Boston guy got 25, 0000.  Good on him as he will probably be voted out soon.  

UGH!  

Den of temptation is a horrible twist and I thought it was when they announced it.  It's nothing more than Pandora box and giving production the power to manipulate  if anyone else thinks it goes by America's vote doesn't realize Victor won AFP last year but never got a care package.  This is care packages recycled

Will it ever end???????  Looking forward to another season of production favorites coming back into the game....special powers of veto......HoH advantages, etc.  

Ugh.

By the way, I do agree, Paul WILL win that temptation. Mad6

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Nikita
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Female Posts : 3760

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:29 am

I was so excited to see NEW BLOOD - was just telling hubby how awesome of BB to bring NEW PLAYERS into the game - no recycling old hamsters .............. when IN COMES PAUL ........... What a fucking joke! Can't they just do ONE BB season with ONLY NEW PLAYERS? Sick and tired of this - and THAT'S why, for the 1st time, I will NOT be buying any LIVE FEEDS - I'm done ... I'll keep up with blogs ...

Love ya!
Back to top Go down
http://bbjunkies.crazy4us.com
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:30 pm

I used to be in the camp where I liked returning players because I thought it would automatically split the house. Well I admit I was wrong. The hgs migrate to them for some unknown reason and production just gives them ridiculous advantages. Look at what they just did for Paul. Not only was he safe for the first eviction, but they handed him an initial 8 person alliance with those stupid bracelets. If anyone but Paul gets that first temptation I will be shocked. My choice for it is either Christmas or Kevin. Wait, let me walk that back, my choice for it is nobody, let these people play the game and get rid of the stupid twists
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:48 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I used to be in the camp where I liked returning players because I thought it would automatically split the house.  Well I admit I was wrong.  The hgs migrate to them for some unknown reason and production just gives them ridiculous advantages.  Look at what they just did for Paul.  Not only was he safe for the first eviction, but they handed him an initial 8 person alliance with those stupid bracelets.  If anyone but Paul gets that first temptation I will be  shocked.  My choice for it is either Christmas or Kevin.  Wait, let me walk that back, my choice for it is nobody, let these people play the game and get rid of the stupid twists

THAT drove me batshit crazy! If I were in the house my first order of business would be3 to GET RID of the returnees!

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
I used to be in the camp where I liked returning players because I thought it would automatically split the house.  Well I admit I was wrong.  The hgs migrate to them for some unknown reason and production just gives them ridiculous advantages.  Look at what they just did for Paul.  Not only was he safe for the first eviction, but they handed him an initial 8 person alliance with those stupid bracelets.  If anyone but Paul gets that first temptation I will be  shocked.  My choice for it is either Christmas or Kevin.  Wait, let me walk that back, my choice for it is nobody, let these people play the game and get rid of the stupid twists

THAT drove me batshit crazy! If I were in the house my first order of business would be3 to GET RID of the returnees!

That would be common sense, but it never works out that way. You always have the idiots thinking they are going to go against the grain and align with the vet. Plus the fact that production makes it next to impossible to evict them doesn't help.

Lets take a look at seasons with a returning player, not counting all-stars as they were all returning.

Season 13 - 6 returning players, returning player wins

Season 14 - 4 returning players, who were not even in the game for the first 4 weeks, returning player in final 2

Season 17 - 4 returning players, returning player wins.

Do you think its coincidence that a vet is always in the final 2? Don't give me this crap that they are just better players because they played the game before. I will concede Dan is a better player, but are you really going to tell me that Rachel is a great player? Or Nicole? They are both train wrecks, production twists are what got them to where they ended up.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6880

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:16 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

That would be common sense, but it never works out that way.  You always have the idiots thinking they are going to go against the grain and align with the vet.  Plus the fact that production makes it next to impossible to evict them doesn't help.

Lets take a look at seasons with a returning player, not counting all-stars as they were all returning.

Season 13 - 6 returning players, returning player wins

Season 14 - 4 returning players, who were not even in the game for the first 4 weeks, returning player in final 2

Season 17 - 4 returning players, returning player wins.

Do you think its coincidence that a vet is always in the final 2?  Don't give me this crap that they are just better players because they played the game before.  I will concede Dan is a better player, but are you really going to tell me that Rachel is a great player?  Or Nicole?  They are both train wrecks, production twists are what got them to where they ended up.

In Ales's interview she was already aiming to be a return player and you know what...I think next year she will be.

affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Episode   

Back to top Go down

First Episode
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1