HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 POV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: POV    Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:59 am

Nicole won POV. It was BB comics. She apparently did it in 13 minutes. Corey's time was around 20 minutes. James's time was 35 minutes. These times were according to conversations I heard in the house. Not sure what Victor or Paul's times were.

Veto ceremony was held today and as expected Nicole did not use the veto. Last I knew Victor was the target.

And I know what is coming next, so to save time.

It is another individual comp where people can't watch each other compete. So, Nicole was told exactly what to look for on each of the posters to know the differences to enable her to win the comp. James winning would have been too obvious for manipulation so he was not given clues so his time was bad. Corey only received a few hints. Paul and Victor were on their own without clues because they are not part of production's apparent chosen final 3.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:34 am

chap5788 wrote:


It is another individual comp where people can't watch each other compete.  So, Nicole was told exactly what to look for on each of the posters to know the differences to enable her to win the comp.  James winning would have been too obvious for manipulation so he was not given clues so his time was bad.  Corey only received a few hints.  Paul and Victor were on their own without clues because they are not part of production's apparent chosen final 3.

Wow, and you call Lizzie and me conspiracy theorists! neener

Now there is a rumor going on that Paul won the HoH that followed last nights taped eviction, which will air tonight. Now I have no way to confirm this, but the person who tweeted it has been a reliable source in the past, so take it for what it's worth. If true, Paul is guaranteed a spot in the final 3. If ttrue I really hope Nicole or Corey do not win veto, one of them needs to go. And smart move would be to get rid of Nicole.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: POV    Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:24 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
 

It is another individual comp where people can't watch each other compete.  So, Nicole was told exactly what to look for on each of the posters to know the differences to enable her to win the comp.  James winning would have been too obvious for manipulation so he was not given clues so his time was bad.  Corey only received a few hints.  Paul and Victor were on their own without clues because they are not part of production's apparent chosen final 3.

Wow, and you call Lizzie and me conspiracy theorists!  neener

Now there is a rumor going on that Paul won the HoH that followed last nights taped eviction, which will air tonight.  Now I have no way to confirm this, but the person who tweeted it has been a reliable source in the past, so take it for what it's worth.  If true, Paul is guaranteed a spot in the final 3.  If ttrue I really hope Nicole or Corey do not win veto, one of them needs to go.  And smart move would be to get rid of Nicole.

This isn't my theory at all. Ctown, you know if I had posted that I was happy that she won it both because it locked up noms and because it one of her favorite comp, and that she did a great job, you would have posted something similar, so I just saved time in doing it for you. neener

As far as Paul winning HOH, I am not surprised at all. I figured it would be some sort of questions that involve house events and he has those down to a science plus he is a little better under pressure than Nicole and mental comps are just not James' forte for sure.

I am curious as to why you feel if Corey or Nicole don't win veto you think they should get rid of Nicole? Can you explain your reasoning on that?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:46 pm

chap5788 wrote:

I am curious as to why you feel if Corey or Nicole don't win veto you think they should get rid of Nicole?  Can you explain your reasoning on that?

Gladly! Who would they have a better chance of beating in Final HoH? Part 1 is usually an endurance type comp that favors smaller people, like hanging from something or standing on a wall. Nicole has already proved she can win in these things and would be a threat to both James and Paul to compete in part 3 if she wins it.

You go to part 2, which is usually a combination of physical and mental. Corey has the physical part of it down, but the mental part, not so much. Paul can give him a run for his money is something like that and could very well beat him. I know some people think that Corey is not the dimwit he is perceived as, but I'm not buying that he's so good at those and its all an act.

That brings us to part 3 of final HoH which is questions. I do have to give advantage to Paul on this one because he has socialized with the HG's the most. But Nicole would also be a bigger threat than Corey in that comp as well.

Not to mention, if I'm Paul, I don't want to be going against 2 vets in final HoH if I could help it. Now if it's true that he won the HoH, he's not going to have a say into who goes, just a say into who makes the decision if he wins veto, and it would be downright stupid to let Corey or Nicole decide on who has the sole vote to evict
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: POV    Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:26 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

I am curious as to why you feel if Corey or Nicole don't win veto you think they should get rid of Nicole?  Can you explain your reasoning on that?

Gladly!  Who would they have a better chance of beating in Final HoH?  Part 1 is usually an endurance type comp that favors smaller people, like hanging from something or standing on a wall.  Nicole has already proved she can win in these things and would be a threat to both James and Paul to compete in part 3 if she wins it.

You go to part 2, which is usually a combination of physical and mental.  Corey has the physical part of it down, but the mental part, not so much.  Paul can give him a run for his money is something like that and could very well beat him.  I know some people think that Corey is not the dimwit he is perceived as, but I'm not buying that he's so good at those and its all an act.

That brings us to part 3 of final HoH which is questions.  I do have to give advantage to Paul on this one because he has socialized with the HG's the most.  But Nicole would also be a bigger threat than Corey in that comp as well.

Not to mention, if I'm Paul, I don't want to be going against 2 vets in final HoH if I could help it.  Now if it's true that he won the HoH, he's not going to have a say into who goes, just a say into who makes the decision if he wins veto, and it would be downright stupid to let Corey or Nicole decide on who has the sole vote to evict

I agree with much of what you stated here. In the first round James or Nicole either one would probably be favored for sure, but Paul would have a decent chance too if it is one of those sitting and enduring the elements. Corey going out first would be pretty much a given.

In the second round, Paul has a good chance because he has the house events down to a science. But there is a physical aspect to that one as well and if it is the window washing type thing they have had in the past, Corey's physical nature could give him enough of an edge to pull it out, but if I had to bet would still give the nod to Paul. Nicole could be very good in that one because she has seen the comp before and Paul has not, so she knows what to expect from it. James has NO CHANCE of winning this one especially considering how horrible he was in the MacGyver veto and what it sounds like from the comic book veto.

In the third round, I agree with you 100% that Paul has the edge on that one. He did spend time talking with more of the people in the house and he picks up on lingo from people. Nicole knows the type of questions it will be which could help, but I still think Paul wins this round against anyone left in the house for sure.

So, it looks like Paul has probably the easiest path to victory as far as the comps are concerned. So now let's talk about jury votes. If Paul is in the final 2, I believe he SHOULD 100% win the game. But we have the benefit of seeing how he flipped back and forth, threw certain comps so he could manipulate others (Victor) into taking shots he needed taken but didn't want to do for himself. The people in the jury don't know that.

That being said, we have to remember what the people in the jury house have seen while in the house and learn from others entering jury or at the round table discussion. Right now Paul knows that Nicole is hated by most of the people in the jury house. She brought it up in the last week and it seemed to resonate with him. He even said he doesn't understand why they feel that way. On the other hand Corey and James are very popular in the jury house. So don't you think he will be considering that should he have the choice of who to sit next to at the end?

Keeping James for now is a given because the mental aspect of rounds 2 and 3 pretty much eliminate him as a threat of winning. But keep in mind Paul thinks Corey is very smart because he won the MacGyver veto and Nicole did TERRIBLE. He has not said anything since that comp about thinking production helped him or anything, so in his mind (and I believe it too) Corey won that comp because he is smart. And Paul is aware that the round 2 comp has a physical aspect to it as well as mental. So who would be a bigger threat? Someone smart AND better physically than he is or someone smart and not as good physically?

When looking at jury votes, I believe Paul could easily come to the conclusion that Nicole would be his easiest win at end as far as votes are concerned. I think HE would count Victor, Day, Paulie, Bridge, James and Nat for himself if he is sitting next to Nicole. If he is sitting next to Corey he would have Victor, James and Bridge (maybe). If he is sitting next to James he would have Victor, Paulie, and Zak. Again, this is what I think PAUL's perception of the events will be and what he might think if he wins the veto. Of course he might be thinking about the fact that there are more girls in jury and go ahead and cut Nicole for that reason alone.

If James wins veto, he will send Corey out. If Corey wins veto, he will send James out. If Nicole wins veto, she will keep Corey. This is all assuming that Paul is the current HOH of course.

On a side note, there is one more thing that will hurt Paul's chances of winning the game no matter who he sits next to and that is the fact that he called Mich a cunt. She made sure she shared that with Day, Zak, Bridge and Paulie when she entered the house and Nat already knew about it because she heard it first hand. Those girls stopped, their faces dropped and even Paulie cringed at the fact that Paul had done that. This has NOTHING to do with game play, BUT with these particular 4 girls, it WILL come into play for sure no matter who he is sitting next to. I mean even Day told Paulie that he would have had her vote but for what he did to Zak which is an emotional response for sure and I am weighing that information with how I believe the votes will come out. Of course Paul has no idea that this information has been shared and it probably has not even entered his mind again.

Now I see the votes coming out like this:

Paul/Nicole
Paulie, Corey, James, Nat, Bridge, Day, Zak, Mich for Nicole.
Victor for Paul.
Nicole wins.

Paul/James
Nat, Bridge, Day, Zak, Paulie, Corey, Mich, Nicole for James.
Victor for Paul.
James wins.

Paul/Corey
Paulie, Nicole, James, Nat, Bridge, Zak, Mich for Corey.
Victor, Day for Paul.
Corey wins.

Corey/James
Nat, Bridge, Day, Zak, Mich for James.
Paulie, Nicole, Victor, Paul for Corey.
(Victor and Paul could go either way on this one).
James wins, but this one could go either way in my opinion.

Corey/Nicole
Nat, Bridge, Paulie, Mich, Zak, Day for Corey.
Victor, Paul, James for Nicole.
Corey wins.

James/Nicole
Nat, Bridge, Mich, Day for James.
Zak, Victor, Paul, Corey, Paulie for Nicole.
Nicole wins.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:30 pm

I disagree 100%, I think Paul wins hands down over any of them. His little thing with Michelle will be long forgotten about and if it is brought up in deliberations it will be squashed immediately by Dr Will (Even though that thing is so overly scripted an Will doesn't even watch, he will direct towards gameplay)

chap5788 wrote:

Now I see the votes coming out like this:

Paul/Nicole
Paulie, Corey, James, Nat, Bridge, Day, Zak, Mich for Nicole.
Victor for Paul.
Nicole wins.

And don't see any scenario where Michelle votes for Nicole, even with what Paul said to her. She's had it out for Nicole for a long time and we all know she holds grudges against females much more than she does males.

Corey and James would vote Nicole, because of showmance and preshow alliance! neener

The rest I can see voting for Paul as they understand more about game. Nat may be on Nicoles side because of James but I think she is done listening to James on that aspects. The only way those girls all vote for Nicole if it's gender bias, which would be a shame!

Quote :
Paul/James
Nat, Bridge, Day, Zak, Paulie, Corey, Mich, Nicole for James.
Victor for Paul.
James wins.

On what basis will they vote for James? Because of his pranks? He did nothing all season long. The only one that votes for James is Natalie

Quote :
Paul/Corey
Paulie, Nicole, James, Nat, Bridge, Zak, Mich for Corey.
Victor, Day for Paul.
Corey wins.

This would be a close one for Paul, but I think the disdain a lot of the girls have for Nicole and Corey being in a showmance with him is enough to push Paul over the top. Not to mention Corey was basically a lapdog this season and did what he was told. Even in the double eviction, he had no clue what to do and was waiting for people to tell him.

Quote :
Corey/James
Nat, Bridge, Day, Zak, Mich for James.
Paulie, Nicole, Victor, Paul for Corey.  
(Victor and Paul could go either way on this one).
James wins, but this one could go either way in my opinion.

I agree this one could go either way and if this is our Final 2, it will go down as one of the worst final 2's in the history of the game

Quote :
Corey/Nicole
Nat, Bridge, Paulie, Mich, Zak, Day for Corey.
Victor, Paul, James for Nicole.
Corey wins.

I think Nicole wins this one easy. AS much as I don't like her, he did everything she told him to. The only way I can see them giving it to Corey is because they don't want to give it to a returning player.

Quote :
James/Nicole
Nat, Bridge, Mich, Day for James.
Zak, Victor, Paul, Corey, Paulie for Nicole.
Nicole wins.

Another nightmare final 2 scenario but I see one of the guys flipping on Nicole and giving it to James, in this scenario not only would we have one of the worst final 2's in history of the game, but the worst winner as well.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2078
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: POV    Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:58 pm

If it's down to Nicole and Paul in F2...I think Nicole will win. And only because I think BB will manipulate the jury into voting for her. I can't remember who it was, but a previous HG tweeted about how producers talk to the jury and then the jury just pretty much votes the same and they choose a few of them to vote differently. I think it was Amanda who said it about Andy and GM. I can't remember, but I know a previous HG said something like this.

So yeah, I think if Nicole is F2, she's winning, because BB wants her to win.

Is this season over yet?? waiting
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:24 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
If it's down to Nicole and Paul in F2...I think Nicole will win. And only because I think BB will manipulate the jury into voting for her. I can't remember who it was, but a previous HG tweeted about how producers talk to the jury and then the jury just pretty much votes the same and they choose a few of them to vote differently. I think it was Amanda who said it about Andy and GM. I can't remember, but I know a previous HG said something like this.

I would think with that final 2 production would say, "To hell with it, vote how you want, they both suck!"


Quote :

So yeah, I think if Nicole is F2, she's winning, because BB wants her to win.

Is this season over yet?? waiting

If that's the case she becomes one of the worst winners in the history of the game. At least when they fixed it for RAchel, Rachel actually did something and played the game.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: POV    Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:49 am

Ctown, I do believe 100% that Mich will vote for Nicole to win if she is sitting next to Paul because she hates Paul 100 times more than she does Nicole. She even told Nat the week before she left that she would vote for ANYONE in the house over Paul, even Nicole. So unless she changes her mind in the jury house, I think that one would be a given.

And Dr. Will can direct it back to game play all he wants, but those girls are very emotional, especially Nicole. Bridge is just looking for a way to fight for "girl power" and Paul using that word against Mich will resonate with her. Day will look at game play, but she is another one that has certain lines that she feels should never be crossed and I could see her saying "I can't vote for a man who uses that word against a woman and be able to look my daughter in the eyes again" just like she said about Frank calling her names and smacking her on the ass.

Nat will make up her own mind, but she also despises Paul and is another one looking for a reason for "girl power." Remember Nat will still be stuck on the fact that Paul was one of the people who made fun of her appearance or the reference to her boob job (along with calling Mich a cunt), and even though she believes Nicole made fun of her too, she will see Paul as a dirty player and Nicole's moves more as game play. And yes, the gender vote will be in play to a certain extent which I agree with you should never be a consideration as to how someone votes, but again with these girls, it WILL be a factor if she is sitting next to Paul for sure.

As far as James, if he is sitting next to Paul, he will win it. Mainly I see this because of the Mich comment and girls going against him for the "good guy" instead. And I totally forgot about the fact that Nat and Mich are completely hung up on the fact that Paul is loaded and doesn't need the money the way James (or others like themselves) do. Again, I don't agree with this mentality for voting, but I believe it WILL come into play. Paulie and Corey would be out of some kind of bromance loyalty or something stupid like that.

And as far as the "worst final 2's" or the "worst winners" in history. You play the cards you are dealt. You play with the people who are cast for the show. If you make it to the end you did something right, even if it is being the perfect pawn, riding the coattails of someone else, using a bigger target as a shield or being in the right place at the right time. It is still winning the game. Like Derrick said on the highlight show with Jeff, sometimes the low key game that someone has to play is not as exciting as some other players, and people don't appreciate it as much, but it is still playing the game.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: POV    Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:58 am

ctown28 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:
If it's down to Nicole and Paul in F2...I think Nicole will win. And only because I think BB will manipulate the jury into voting for her. I can't remember who it was, but a previous HG tweeted about how producers talk to the jury and then the jury just pretty much votes the same and they choose a few of them to vote differently. I think it was Amanda who said it about Andy and GM. I can't remember, but I know a previous HG said something like this.

I would think with that final 2 production would say, "To hell with it, vote how you want, they both suck!"


Quote :

So yeah, I think if Nicole is F2, she's winning, because BB wants her to win.

Is this season over yet?? waiting

If that's the case she becomes one of the worst winners in the history of the game.  At least when they fixed it for RAchel, Rachel actually did something and played the game.

Seriously, now production is telling them how to vote? If that is the case have we EVER had a true winner of the game? I mean if the game is THAT rigged, then I don't know why the bother having the show at all. And if this is the case, I would think that Evel Dick would have mentioned it by now on his show or in some context and Ctown would have reported that to us since he watches Dick's show all the time. I understand that Dick was not in the jury house, but he has relationships with many people who were and has had so many of them on his show, but we have never heard this before. Don't get me wrong Lizzy, I believe it if you say you saw the tweet yourself, but I question the validity of the person who sent out the tweet. I was an Amanda fan, but I also know she left the game very sour because of Andy's betrayal (something she did not see coming) and the fact that she could not stand Gina Marie.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:59 am

It would actually befitting for this season if Paul is in final 2 and doesn't win. It's Ben one of the worst seasons in recent history and wouldn't be surprised with a travesty like Paul jot winning.  He's played the best game far beyond anyone else in the house.

I don't know why you keep bring up what Derrick said, this guy is as trustworthy as a snake oil salesman.  I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.  I understand playing the cards your dealt, but laying low and hoping your there at the end is hardly a good game.  Are you going to tell me Victoria played a good Game?  Gina Marie? Spencer?  Adam?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:06 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:
If it's down to Nicole and Paul in F2...I think Nicole will win. And only because I think BB will manipulate the jury into voting for her. I can't remember who it was, but a previous HG tweeted about how producers talk to the jury and then the jury just pretty much votes the same and they choose a few of them to vote differently. I think it was Amanda who said it about Andy and GM. I can't remember, but I know a previous HG said something like this.

I would think with that final 2 production would say, "To hell with it, vote how you want, they both suck!"


Quote :

So yeah, I think if Nicole is F2, she's winning, because BB wants her to win.

Is this season over yet?? waiting

If that's the case she becomes one of the worst winners in the history of the game.  At least when they fixed it for RAchel, Rachel actually did something and played the game.

Seriously, now production is telling them how to vote?  If that is the case have we EVER had a true winner of the game?  I mean if the game is THAT rigged, then I don't know why the bother having the show at all.  And if this is the case, I would think that Evel Dick would have mentioned it by now on his show or in some context and Ctown would have reported that to us since he watches Dick's show all the time.  I understand that Dick was not in the jury house, but he has relationships with many people who were and has had so many of them on his show, but we have never heard this before.  Don't get me wrong Lizzy, I believe it if you say you saw the tweet yourself, but I question the validity of the person who sent out the tweet.  I was an Amanda fan, but I also know she left the game very sour because of Andy's betrayal (something she did not see coming) and the fact that she could not stand Gina Marie.

I never saw this either but if I were to venture a guess on it, I would say it was Janelle in season 14.  She was so pissed that Dan didn't win and was very vocal about it, but she wasn't in jury so has jo idea what happened there.

One of the nice things about Dicks show is that the people are free to be vocal.  CBS has their rights for about a year, it may be less but at least 6 months and have blocked people from being on the show in the past.  He had Vanessa and Austin lined up to do a final show last year AND CBS wouldn't let them, being under contract they had no choice in the matter. They also aren't allowed to write a book about the show or post bogs for 3 years.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: POV    Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:31 am

ctown28 wrote:
It would actually befitting for this season if Paul is in final 2 and doesn't win. It's Ben one of the worst seasons in recent history and wouldn't be surprised with a travesty like Paul jot winning.  He's played the best game far beyond anyone else in the house.

I don't know why you keep bring up what Derrick said, this guy is as trustworthy as a snake oil salesman.  I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.  I understand playing the cards your dealt, but laying low and hoping your there at the end is hardly a good game.  Are you going to tell me Victoria played a good Game?  Gina Marie? Spencer?  Adam?

So you don't think he recognizes someone playing well in the game? Just because he wouldn't own up to his own game moves in the DR does not mean he doesn't know the game. Ctown, you even said numerous times during that season that Derrick was playing a masterful game (might even be a direct quote) and it would be a travesty if he didn't win that season. But now he is a snake oil salesman who doesn't know enough about the game to recognize when someone is playing well?

I also remember you saying that Dan should have beat Ian hands down in that season, but Boogie, someone you say has great insight into the game when he is not playing in it sat on the stage and said that the game Ian played was pretty phenomenal.

And one of the people you forgot to mention in the list of people who did absolutely nothing but ride on the rest of his group to get to the end of the game was Enzo, one of your favorite players. Sure you proved he had the idea of the Brigade, but what the hell did he PERSONALLY do to get through the game other than ride on the comp wins of Matt, Hayden and eventually even Brittany. And he cheated every time he was a have-not over and over, but you are okay with that even though anyone else who violates a rule should have a penalty nom or be sent packing or something else very severe according to you.

What I am trying to say is being a comp beast and making big moves throughout the game is not always possible for all players. Each person has to play to their own strengths. And I am sorry you can't see that Nicole worked hard to keep herself off the radar, she was with the "in" crowd for almost every eviction (in other words only out of the loop on a couple of occasions) and had to revamp her game and move on after being called out publicly several times in the game so it has not been an easy road. She laid low, didn't involve herself in the drama (even when it was directed squarely at her), didn't involve herself in personal attacks of people, tried to play strategically week after week trying (and succeeding) in getting targets out of the game who were direct threats to HER OWN game most of the time. And until today, she has never been on the block!

Hell one of the basic "rules" or guidelines of Dan's game is to throw all comps for as long as you possibly can..............don't win ANYTHING until you absolutely have to and then win later in the game to keep yourself safe and take out targets. No, I don't think Nicole is at that caliber because Dan's manipulation skills defy logic for sure and very few even come close to his level in that area, but the fact remains his first rule of thumb is to throw everything, lay low and deny, deny, deny at the beginning and that is what Nicole did so why is it so horrible?

And yes I believe Paul SHOULD win the game, but the fact remains that he was basically a lackey for Frank and then for Paulie for a big portion of the game. I believe at that point you even called him Andy 2.0, didn't you? And I notice ironically that Andy is on your worst winners list. Of course this was really Paul's only option at the time and moved him from big target to big asset to the major players of the house at the time and he did it well, but he didn't start making any moves until he got to that point and then didn't win HOH until he felt his life was on the line (even though it really wasn't at that point) and he did it by throwing a ball in a hole, not really a big comp beast type win. And then that same week he took out someone during his own HOH who was not a threat to his game, but who actually wanted to work with him going forward in the game! You praised this move for him, but said James and Nicole were stupid and horrible players when they went with the flow of the house and helped take out someone that was not a direct threat to their own game at the time. So Paul was a huge personality, was loud, in your face and made himself a big target at the beginning and he was just lucky that Victor came back in the game and was a great shield for him. Then he laid low, was a lackey for the power players and then began to play his own game in the final few weeks of the game with Victor as his shield moving through it. The reason I believe he should win over Nicole is that he managed jury members better and he was a bit more aggressive in his game play and played Victor like a piano. That is what tops her game. But, by the same token I believe she deserve some credit for what she HAS accomplished.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: POV    Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:37 am

ctown28 wrote:
I never saw this either but if I were to venture a guess on it, I would say it was Janelle in season 14.  She was so pissed that Dan didn't win and was very vocal about it, but she wasn't in jury so has jo idea what happened there.

One of the nice things about Dicks show is that the people are free to be vocal.  CBS has their rights for about a year, it may be less but at least 6 months and have blocked people from being on the show in the past.  He had Vanessa and Austin lined up to do a final show last year AND CBS wouldn't let them, being under contract they had no choice in the matter. They also aren't allowed to write a book about the show or post bogs for 3 years.

If it is Janelle that would make sense to me because she was very sour that season for sure. And I would think that SOMEONE from past seasons (Jun comes to mind) would have vocalized by now that the votes are forced as well. Even Dick has called people out for voting "the wrong way" or being stupid with their vote in past seasons and if there was actually manipulation going on in that aspect I believe he would have said something about it by now.

I will buy that production influences a big portion of the game through DR sessions and such, but when it comes down to the vote, I just think that would completely eliminate ALL integrity of the game to a point where nobody would ever watch with the passion they do at this point.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2078
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: POV    Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:53 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:
If it's down to Nicole and Paul in F2...I think Nicole will win. And only because I think BB will manipulate the jury into voting for her. I can't remember who it was, but a previous HG tweeted about how producers talk to the jury and then the jury just pretty much votes the same and they choose a few of them to vote differently. I think it was Amanda who said it about Andy and GM. I can't remember, but I know a previous HG said something like this.

I would think with that final 2 production would say, "To hell with it, vote how you want, they both suck!"


Quote :

So yeah, I think if Nicole is F2, she's winning, because BB wants her to win.

Is this season over yet?? waiting

If that's the case she becomes one of the worst winners in the history of the game.  At least when they fixed it for RAchel, Rachel actually did something and played the game.



Seriously, now production is telling them how to vote?  If that is the case have we EVER had a true winner of the game?  I mean if the game is THAT rigged, then I don't know why the bother having the show at all.  And if this is the case, I would think that Evel Dick would have mentioned it by now on his show or in some context and Ctown would have reported that to us since he watches Dick's show all the time.  I understand that Dick was not in the jury house, but he has relationships with many people who were and has had so many of them on his show, but we have never heard this before.  Don't get me wrong Lizzy, I believe it if you say you saw the tweet yourself, but I question the validity of the person who sent out the tweet.  I was an Amanda fan, but I also know she left the game very sour because of Andy's betrayal (something she did not see coming) and the fact that she could not stand Gina Marie.

I don't think production tells them how to vote, I just think they "remind" the HGs of a lot of stuff and nudge them gently. And when the jury collaborates, some of them don't really give a shit and just do what they're told. I believe it was Amanda who said they all came to a consensus of who was going to vote for whom. But I cannot remember if it was her or not. And she wasn't the first! There was another previous HG who said the same thing. Maybe it was Britney? I just can't remember! They were being interviewed and were asked why they voted for a certain person and they said they did it for the shock value and because everyone had already agreed who was going to win. When I'm less busy, I will go do some research and figure out who said what! TeeHee

But yeah when I found that out,  it kind of made my heart sink a little bit Broken Heart .... because I honestly believed that the HGs were voting for an actual winner. And that production stayed out of it completely!

On that note..I do have to say, if Nicole wins, I don't think she'd be one of the worst winners...I mean she did play the game at least. I think she had a LOT of help. And she played production's game! But she at least did something!  Unlike James, who literally does whatever he's told to do by the "house". The guy was always wrong! He thought he knew everything, but he didn't.  I cannot stand James!

I think two of the worst players in BB history have got to be Andy & Jordan. Seriously they did nothing. I still don't know how the hell Jordan won. I actually think she was worse than Andy. But gosh, he was terrible. But the all-time worst winner, hands down had to be Adam! The only reason he won was because he kept telling people he was giving the money to a children's charity, which he actually used to buy Oxy. rolling on the floor But the HGs were SO stupid, they bought his lies, hook line and sinker! And really there was no strategy talk going on. There was no game play. All there was, was drama for your mama!  That was a shitshow of a season, but man it was super entertaining.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand....

Here are my final thoughts.... Big Brother was actually played without a lot of manipuduction. But then it started to change. And you could tell there was manipulating going on. And now, well now it's SO fake. I mean come on, the lines they say in the diary room??? How fake and scripted could they possibly be? As if Corey can come up with lines like that? The guy is a moron. (Also, I'd like to point out that he totally could not find the ladder right in front of his face during the BBComics comp, but he knew to go straight to the pipe to unlock the manhole cover? Hmmm???)

So yeah, I do believe the show is THAT rigged, but they continue to show it, because people continue to watch. If it were truly real then the show wouldn't need script writers, or a director. But yet it has both. And honestly, after this season, I don't think I'll be watching as much as I used to. Because the over the top scripted diary room sessions, plus how fake it's getting, is turning me off! And I doubt I'll watch BBOTT.

For me personally, Big Brother isn't as fun to watch anymore. Production is completely taking the game aspect away from the actual show. We don't see much strategy going on. We don't even get to see how the HOH decided to even nominate certain HGs. All we get to see is fake drama and showmance shit.  I feel like I'm watching an episode of Real World or the Real Housewives.. and that makes me sad
Sad-Cry
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:22 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
(Also, I'd like to point out that he totally could not find the ladder right in front of his face during the BBComics comp, but he knew to go straight to the pipe to unlock the manhole cover? Hmmm???)

I noticed that as well, but he is a mental beast and was able to figure out the MacGyver one all on his own.

Quote :
So yeah, I do believe the show is THAT rigged, but they continue to show it, because people continue to watch. If it were truly real then the show wouldn't need script writers, or a director. But yet it has both. And honestly, after this season, I don't think I'll be watching as much as I used to. Because the over the top scripted diary room sessions, plus how fake it's getting, is turning me off! And I doubt I'll watch BBOTT.

I will start out watching BBOTT but if this crap continues I will unsubscribe. I am catiously optimistic about it. Word is there will be one live show a week and no recap shows, which means no scripted DR sessions.

Quote :
For me personally, Big Brother isn't as fun to watch anymore. Production is completely taking the game aspect away from the actual show. We don't see much strategy going on. We don't even get to see how the HOH decided to even nominate certain HGs. All we get to see is fake drama and showmance shit.  I feel like I'm watching an episode of Real World or the Real Housewives.. and that makes me sad
Sad-Cry

This is a spot on assessment, production has started casting for showmances instead of actual gameplay. Notice how when doing the eviction interviews, Julie is so much happier when she gets to ask about a showmance and chances of it continuing outside the house. Yet another reason that Grodner and Meehan need to go
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: POV    Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:49 pm

I have to say I agree with much of what both of you said. I think the scripted DR's is my biggest pet peeve. I used to love to see people lie to someone to manipulate a situation and then see them in the DR talking about why they did it.............owning what they did so WE could fully understand their thought process. Then you could see who kind of fell into something by making a statement that resonated with someone and who actually thought it through and did it on purpose. I have no problem if the DR person is playing devil's advocate and says something like...................how sure are you that you can trust this hg?.................could they have an agenda?............. Things like that get them thinking and cause paranoia. But now that they give the ACTUAL lines and catch phrases is just plain stupid. Corey even said he had to end his DR session early the other night after the veto because he was upset he lost so it was too hard to "say the lines" they asked for.

The comps and stuff have been rigged to cause power shifts and help one player or another from the beginning of the game, and I think that is needed. I mean throwing a physical HOH or veto comp in the mix when someone with physical prowess is in trouble is to be expected and keeps things interesting, but the level of it now seems to be out of hand.

Now a word about the baseball POV. This SHOULD have been Corey's comp all the way. The fact that he knew the correct day for that last answer, but just ran around the bases as fast as he could without watching the counter at all and then just looked up and thought it was the right number was just plain stupid. But I think the adrenaline of the situation got to him and he choked more so than anything. He had Paul beat by a mile because of his long stride (1 step between the bases) and all he had to do was watch the counter for the correct number. So here again, they chose a comp that Corey SHOULD have won for that veto. I know that you all think that production wanted Nicole and James in the final 3 and eventually the final 2, but since the comp was geared to Corey, it tells me they wanted the final 3 to be Paul, Nicole and Corey instead because James had NO CHANCE to win that veto for sure.

And just because Corey had a misstep on finding the ladder doesn't mean he is too stupid to find figure out the MacGyver veto. Remember his ass was not on the line for that MacGyver veto. If Nat had won it, James was going home anyway. And yes I said he was stupid in the baseball one too, but I also think he just choked under the pressure to be honest.

What this all comes down to is what we have all said before. They need new blood in the production staff of this show. They need better casting where those choosing are not going down a check list of character roles and matching people for showmances. They did a bit better with some new comps this season, but they need to shake it up more so the hg's don't know what is around every corner. And they need to leave the DR sessions to the hg's OWN thoughts. No more scripted lines. If someone is better at explaining things and being witty (like Paul and Day) then who cares if they get all those DR sessions where they explain the comp and things like that. But the rest of this stuff........giving them actual thoughts and scripted lines needs to stop because they are ruining the show with it. Like I said before, they really need to put some multiple choice questions up on their website to ask the fans for input and then read the ACTUAL results, not what they think they SHOULD be. My guess is that they would be very shocked by the results because what they think is popular definitely is not.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Something I noticed while watching the Comic veto and forgot to comment about.

If you noticed, Production put a URL at the top of the board where the players had to reassemble the correct comics in the correct order. Here's the problem, the URL was a fake URL and didn't go anywhere. IMO, CBS dropped the ball on that one, they should have used an actual URL and have it redirect to a CBS web site that houses copies of all the comics used in the competition. Tow for each HG so we can look and see the differences for ourselves. I know it's not a huge deal, but from a marketing standpoint it was an opportunity lost. I'm sure I'm not the only one that tried to go to the URL listed there.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2078
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: POV    Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:06 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I have to say I agree with much of what both of you said.  I think the scripted DR's is my biggest pet peeve.  I used to love to see people lie to someone to manipulate a situation and then see them in the DR talking about why they did it.............owning what they did so WE could fully understand their thought process.  Then you could see who kind of fell into something by making a statement that resonated with someone and who actually thought it through and did it on purpose.  I have no problem if the DR person is playing devil's advocate and says something like...................how sure are you that you can trust this hg?.................could they have an agenda?.............  Things like that get them thinking and cause paranoia.  But now that they give the ACTUAL lines and catch phrases is just plain stupid.  Corey even said he had to end his DR session early the other night after the veto because he was upset he lost so it was too hard to "say the lines" they asked for.  


Yessss! This right here is spot on!! That was my favorite part! Because you could see how well they were manipulating the situation. It was the best when you'd see a person on the feeds or BBAD completely lying to another HG and then in DR telling us how they were completely lying to that person. Nastalie from BB11, Jeff's season, did this a lot. I couldn't stand her, but, at least she owned up to her lies in DR!! Britney was the Queen of the complete lies to their faces and then making fun of them in DR. Boy that would irk me back then, but now I miss it!  Laughing

I blame all of this on stupid Derrick and Vanessa. Because they're the ones who would lie to US in DR. And somehow now BB is letting all the HGs do the same. Mad6
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7877
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: POV    Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:56 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
I have to say I agree with much of what both of you said.  I think the scripted DR's is my biggest pet peeve.  I used to love to see people lie to someone to manipulate a situation and then see them in the DR talking about why they did it.............owning what they did so WE could fully understand their thought process.  Then you could see who kind of fell into something by making a statement that resonated with someone and who actually thought it through and did it on purpose.  I have no problem if the DR person is playing devil's advocate and says something like...................how sure are you that you can trust this hg?.................could they have an agenda?.............  Things like that get them thinking and cause paranoia.  But now that they give the ACTUAL lines and catch phrases is just plain stupid.  Corey even said he had to end his DR session early the other night after the veto because he was upset he lost so it was too hard to "say the lines" they asked for.  


Yessss! This right here is spot on!! That was my favorite part! Because you could see how well they were manipulating the situation. It was the best when you'd see a person on the feeds or BBAD completely lying to another HG and then in DR telling us how they were completely lying to that person. Nastalie from BB11, Jeff's season, did this a lot. I couldn't stand her, but, at least she owned up to her lies in DR!! Britney was the Queen of the complete lies to their faces and then making fun of them in DR. Boy that would irk me back then, but now I miss it!  Laughing

I blame all of this on stupid Derrick and Vanessa. Because they're the ones who would lie to US in DR. And somehow now BB is letting all the HGs do the same. Mad6

I always loved Brit's DR sessions, she was very witty when she was in there. Nastalie, not so much, but like you said she OWNED her behavior in the house to the hilt for sure.

This is what I don't get about people in the game (especially Derrick and Vanessa). Why would you NOT want to go in the DR and tell the national audience EXACTLY what you are doing in manipulating people? I assume they (like most actual PLAYERS, not fame whores) went on the show to play and win the game through strategy and would like to be remembered as great players. So why the hell would they not want to point to the lies and manipulation they were using to get there? Like Derrick, I get he wanted the "good guy" image on the outside, but you don't have to go in there and trash people and say how dumb they are in believing you (although that in itself is entertaining), you simply point out that what you did was a game move instead of just falling into a situation or something. In other words why would you not take that opportunity to toot your own horn?

I actually blame production and casting for the problems with the DR. Because they do such a shitty job in casting people they feel like they have to "create" entertainment value with witty dialogue in the DR, but it has just become a mockery of the game instead of a component of the game as it should be.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 10039
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: POV    Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:05 am

Quote :



I always loved Brit's DR sessions, she was very witty when she was in there.  Nastalie, not so much, but like you said she OWNED her behavior in the house to the hilt for sure.  

This is what I don't get about people in the game (especially Derrick and Vanessa).  Why would you NOT want to go in the DR and tell the national audience EXACTLY what you are doing in manipulating people?  I assume they (like most actual PLAYERS, not fame whores) went on the show to play and win the game through strategy and would like to be remembered as great players.  So why the hell would they not want to point to the lies and manipulation they were using to get there?  Like Derrick, I get he wanted the "good guy" image on the outside, but you don't have to go in there and trash people and say how dumb they are in believing you (although that in itself is entertaining), you simply point out that what you did was a game move instead of just falling into a situation or something.  In other words why would you not take that opportunity to toot your own horn?

I actually blame production and casting for the problems with the DR.  Because they do such a shitty job in casting people they feel like they have to "create" entertainment value with witty dialogue in the DR, but it has just become a mockery of the game instead of a component of the game as it should be.  


I'll tell you exactly why they don't own the game anymore, production manipulation has gotten so carried away, they would rather say what they are told to say, than to prompt discussion to others if they can be trusted.  Basically they now think production will blab to the other players about what they are saying.  It's also why you see so much more whispering jow, they are hoping the camera and mics don't pick things up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: POV    

Back to top Go down
 
POV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 18 (2016) :: Big Brother 18: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: