Stop whining

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Stop whining   Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:39 pm

I have had about as much of the whining as I can stand. I get that they have a lot of down time and the days leading up to an eviction when they are locked down and it appears the evictee is pretty much decided, so it would be stressful and add anxiety, but good grief enough is enough.

For example, (and this one will probably surprise you) Nicole whining about having to try to make nice with the girls and do girl stuff like painting nails and hanging out when it is the last thing she wants to do, but then she makes no effort to do it at all and bitches because Michelle or Nat smirk at her or some other stupid shit she thinks she sees. Then she bitches and whines to Corey about Paulie trying anything to stay after he said he wouldn't. Well, guess what, that is called playing the game. Her and Corey had a right to be appalled by the "sick aunt with cancer" bullshit that Paulie pulled, but they act like he shouldn't try anything else either. I also get that Corey is in the mess he is in mostly because of Paulie's double dealings with both sides, but that is Corey's fault for putting all his eggs in Paulie's basket in the first place. Then she whines about Corey being "mean" to her about this or that, I think more so in order for them to have to "make up" later, but it is still very annoying.

Then we have Nat, the queen of all the whiners in the house. If I hear her say one more time that she can't win comps and acts like people should just let her win a comp before she leaves the house, my head will explode. Quit bitching about it and go out and compete for it. She has done well in endurance comps, but now has injured her neck, so that may be out of the cards for her now too, but she acts like it is James' fault or something.

Then there is the whining about being made fun of before and things that "don't make her feel good about herself." The main culprits about the personal comments were Paulie, Paul, Victor and Corey. The comments from the girls were more about her being fake and over flirtatious with the guys in the house, both of which are true anyway.

The other day Corey, James and Nicole were sitting outside talking about Texas (Nat was close by working out or something). Corey told James he wanted him to come visit and he could stay at his house and they could go out partying together. Nat was absolutely livid about this and made sure James knew she was mad. He followed her into the house and asked what was wrong. Of course he got the "nothing, I'm fine" type treatment for a little while. Then Nat said she didn't understand why James was talking to Corey at all because they are not working together anymore. He said he was just being civil and keeping things friendly, this is just a game, etc. This morphed into Nat pissed off at James because Corey asking James to come and visit him was disrespectful to Nat. But just the day before, she told him he couldn't even have her address after the show so he could send her a Christmas card or something! She said that SHE will want to go home and see her family and friends after the show because THAT is what is important to HER, not partying and such.

James tried to offer an explanation that they were talking about later on and they both live in Texas. This further morphed into Nat telling James she wanted to sleep alone, laying under the covers pouting. He kept trying to say they should talk about things, but suddenly she said all that talk makes her feel bad about herself because she has gained weight and hates the way she looks and is very insecure about and James needs to understand that. Then she had a brief cry under the covers too. He apologized over and over, the end result was that she said she just needed time to herself and to sleep and she would be better the next day. I little while later Paul came into the room and she was absolutely fine and talking about going to Vegas with the cast as long as she gets to see her family first. Huh?

Then last night she was talking about the comps again and saying she can't wins comps but always tries to. James tried to encourage her, but she said he can win but has been throwing them, like it is not fair that he CAN win but throws them at times. She says she understands it is strategy and Corey has been doing the same thing, but somehow this is unfair to her in some manner. He said if he wins the next HOH he will dedicate to her and say the noms were made by her. Then she said he better not throw anymore comps because the next time he does SHE will go home. He reassured her that Paul or Mich are not going to put either of them up and Corey/Nicole will go after Vic and Paul, so they probably wouldn't be targets anyway. She was still pissed off at him about it.

Then we have Mich. She hasn't been as bad lately, but she holds onto shit like nobody I have ever seen. She is STILL pissed and whining about Nicole not telling her that Paulie was a pawn the first when during her HOH! Any time anyone from Mich's current group talk about lying, she brings this up. GET OVER IT. Hell at that point the vets were not sure who the hell they were trusting for sure, so why does she think she would be told everything about that. And why did Frank, her teammate that she loved so much, tell her? Why not harp on THAT shit? And of course she is still reeling about the blindside with the Day eviction, something she blames entirely on Nicole as well. She also whines that nobody every asked her for a final 2 deal throughout the game. Well maybe it has to do with the fact that she has diarrhea of the mouth!

She did some talking to the camera the other day and said that she is going to try to work her way in with Paul and Victor as a final 3. That sounds like a solid plan. She said that part of what she has been doing with the crying and calling people out is to make herself hated so people will want to take her to the end. So it is supposedly part strategy and part emotions. Seriously? She thinks anyone is buying that? And when she actually approaches Paul about this final 3 deal, he will break his neck to tell Nat about it and she will be back to crying and blowing up shit again, but this time she will be on her way out the door instead. Or even better, she will be completely isolated the way she wanted everyone in the house to do with other people on the block and going home.

Then we have to listen to her whine about the fact that dating never goes well for her. She couldn't even manage a flirtmance in the BB house, and how much of a loser she is. Okay, we get it, you hate yourself and because of that nobody else is going to like you long term either. Just please STOP WHINING about it already.

Okay, I feel better! Soap Box
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10033

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:49 pm

The thing about Nicole and Corey is that they keep whining that its not fair they are being targeted because of Paulie. They call it guilt by association just because they are friends with him. What they fail to realize is that they put themselves in this very spot, at least Corey put them there. Go back to when Nat and Paulie had their little spat. Paulie decided it would be funny to do a slow clap after she put him in his place. Instead of just being quiet like everyone else in the room (Well, besides Bridgette who defended Nat), what does Corey do? He joins in on the slow clap. Sorry but that's more than just guilt by association, that's full out supporting that despicable behavior.

Nats behavior is downright silly. I saw the part where she wouldn't give James her home address but I'm not sure if it was completely serious, somehat serious or playfully joking around. But I don't feel sorry for James at all, he is letting her walk all over him. In true James fashion he is not going to play for himself, but for someone else. The guy has no balls. The way he is playing the gme is much more annoying than her dictating things to him.

I've been saying that Michelle can't let things go for weeks now. She lets personal feelings dictate her gameplay, but right now she is in position for a 3rd place finish, unless she can pull off Final HoH which I don't see happening. She is not on anyones radar. If James, Nat, Paul or Vic win, they are going after Nicole and Corey. Nicole and Corey are going after James and Nat and shes just coasting on by.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:16 pm

ctown28 wrote:
The thing about Nicole and Corey is that they keep whining that its not fair they are being targeted because of Paulie.  They call it guilt by association just because they are friends with him.  What they fail to realize is that they put themselves in this very spot, at least Corey put them there.  Go back to when Nat and Paulie had their little spat.  Paulie decided it would be funny to do a slow clap after she put him in his place.  Instead of just being quiet like everyone else in the room (Well, besides Bridgette who defended Nat), what does Corey do?  He joins in on the slow clap.  Sorry but that's more than just guilt by association, that's full out supporting that despicable behavior.

Nats behavior is downright silly.  I saw the part where she wouldn't give James her home address but I'm not sure if it was completely serious, somehat serious or playfully joking around.  But I don't feel sorry for James at all, he is letting her walk all over him.  In true James fashion he is not going to play for himself, but for someone else.  The guy has no balls.  The way he is playing the gme is much more annoying than her dictating things to him.

I've been saying that Michelle can't let things go for weeks now.  She lets personal feelings dictate her gameplay, but right now she is in position for a 3rd place finish, unless she can pull off Final HoH which I don't see happening.  She is not on anyones radar.  If James, Nat, Paul or Vic win, they are going after Nicole and Corey.  Nicole and Corey are going after James and Nat and shes just coasting on by.

I agree with you except that I believe that Nicole and Corey are actually targeting Paul. Now would they be smart enough to put up Paul and Vic together on the block, I have no idea. But that won't be possible anyway because even if one of them win HOH, the twist is going to go to Paul or Vic anyway.

Mich is the Star Trek expendable crew member at this point. If they get in a pinch she will go up and go home. The way I see things playing out, Nat will be the one in third place unless something very weird happens.

My new nickname for James is doormat. That is exactly what he is plain and simple. And he is in for a rude awakening because she is not going to date him outside the house. They will just be very good friends until things get weird like they did with Meg that you told me about. He is in no way pretty enough or built well enough for her tastes. She can say all she wants that James is the whole package, but her actions and things she says in their conversations along with her body language all point to the friend zone, but James refuses to see it. Of course I believe that might change if lightening strikes or some miracle of God occurs and James wins the game. Then I believe she will date him until the money runs out anyway.
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1450

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:23 pm

A lot of this BS is because they're all young. They cast older people and, gasp, even ugly people on Survivor. I wish they would do this on BB. There will still be idiots and assholes but maybe game play would be more interesting and there wouldn't be all the jealousy and showmances that makes people play so stupidly.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:51 am

Wembeley wrote:
A lot of this BS is because they're all young. They cast older people and, gasp, even ugly people on Survivor. I wish they would do this on BB. There will still be idiots and assholes but maybe game play would be more interesting and there wouldn't be all the jealousy and showmances that makes people play so stupidly.

Well if they did that, how would they get all their little categories of characters filled? They HAVE to have each of the roles filled every year or the game would just fall apart, right? Sarcastic
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2077

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:00 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
The thing about Nicole and Corey is that they keep whining that its not fair they are being targeted because of Paulie.  They call it guilt by association just because they are friends with him.  What they fail to realize is that they put themselves in this very spot, at least Corey put them there.  Go back to when Nat and Paulie had their little spat.  Paulie decided it would be funny to do a slow clap after she put him in his place.  Instead of just being quiet like everyone else in the room (Well, besides Bridgette who defended Nat), what does Corey do?  He joins in on the slow clap.  Sorry but that's more than just guilt by association, that's full out supporting that despicable behavior.

Nats behavior is downright silly.  I saw the part where she wouldn't give James her home address but I'm not sure if it was completely serious, somehat serious or playfully joking around.  But I don't feel sorry for James at all, he is letting her walk all over him.  In true James fashion he is not going to play for himself, but for someone else.  The guy has no balls.  The way he is playing the gme is much more annoying than her dictating things to him.

I've been saying that Michelle can't let things go for weeks now.  She lets personal feelings dictate her gameplay, but right now she is in position for a 3rd place finish, unless she can pull off Final HoH which I don't see happening.  She is not on anyones radar.  If James, Nat, Paul or Vic win, they are going after Nicole and Corey.  Nicole and Corey are going after James and Nat and shes just coasting on by.

I agree with you except that I believe that Nicole and Corey are actually targeting Paul.  Now would they be smart enough to put up Paul and Vic together on the block, I have no idea.  But that won't be possible anyway because even if one of them win HOH, the twist is going to go to Paul or Vic anyway.  

Mich is the Star Trek expendable crew member at this point.  If they get in a pinch she will go up and go home.  The way I see things playing out, Nat will be the one in third place unless something very weird happens.  

My new nickname for James is doormat.  That is exactly what he is plain and simple.  And he is in for a rude awakening because she is not going to date him outside the house.  They will just be very good friends until things get weird like they did with Meg that you told me about.  He is in no way pretty enough or built well enough for her tastes.  She can say all she wants that James is the whole package, but her actions and things she says in their conversations along with her body language all point to the friend zone, but James refuses to see it.  Of course I believe that might change if lightening strikes or some miracle of God occurs and James wins the game.  Then I believe she will date him until the money runs out anyway.

Call me naive or blind, but I think that Natalie actually likes James. And I think that she pushes him away because she knows she's on TV. Remember awhile ago I mentioned how much Natalie reminds me of Jordan? Well Jordan used to push Jeff away all the time and it would bug the shit out of me! I thought she was using him.. Even after they were out of the house! Boy did I have to eat crow on that one because now they're married with a kid on the way!

I'm hoping that Nat isn't using James. And it's not like I think they'll get married or anything, I just think there's something genuine about it. Unlike the other showmance. Corey and Nicole won't last a week out of the house and Paulie and Zak, well I'm sure they'll probably have sex in the jury house but yeah once the show is over, so will that little fling. Although Corey and Paulie might last a little longer TeeHee

But maybe I'm biased because I just really like Natalie and she actually makes me like James. And we all know I can't stand him Wink

Also, I was reading an article by Julie Chen who was talking about the flirtmances which she refused to call them anything but.. And she agrees with me. She thinks Nat and James are really into each other. And, we all know Julie Chen is always right!!
:thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Quote :

Call me naive or blind, but I think that Natalie actually likes James. And I think that she pushes him away because she knows she's on TV. Remember awhile ago I mentioned how much Natalie reminds me of Jordan? Well Jordan used to push Jeff away all the time and it would bug the shit out of me! I thought she was using him.. Even after they were out of the house! Boy did I have to eat crow on that one because now they're married with a kid on the way!

I'm hoping that Nat isn't using James. And it's not like I think they'll get married or anything, I just think there's something genuine about it. Unlike the other showmance. Corey and Nicole won't last a week out of the house and Paulie and Zak, well I'm sure they'll probably have sex in the jury house but yeah once the show is over, so will that little fling. Although Corey and Paulie might last a little longer TeeHee

But maybe I'm biased because I just really like Natalie and she actually makes me like James. And we all know I can't stand him Wink

Also, I was reading an article by Julie Chen who was talking about the flirtmances which she refused to call them anything but.. And she agrees with me. She thinks Nat and James are really into each other. And, we all know Julie Chen is always right!!
:thumbsup:

You're naive AND blind.   :raspberries:

Actually I think there may be a little something there but once they get out of the house and she has all these guys throwing themselves at her, she's gonna drop him like a bad habit.  Main difference between her and jordan is that after leaving the house, jordan went back to her little small town and helped her family out with the money that she won.  Natalie is a jersey girl and would be a fish out of water in a small town.  That's not a dig at jersey girls, but she loves the spotlight and will eat it up.

I like Natalie as well, I just don't see this going anywhere once the show is over.  Just like meg, Natalie will break his heart and move on.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:21 am

Sorry Lizzy, I have to agree with Ctown here. I believe Nat's feelings for James are genuine as far as friendship and trust, and I believe she will have his back 100% in the game, but she is not looking to date him outside of the house.

I keep thinking of the first few weeks when she was still trying to find a guy to latch onto and the way she flirted with them in trying to do that. Her flirty behavior was way more overt when it was Vic, Corey and Paulie. Even when she was first being friendly to James, there was no overt flirty behavior with him, and she was still flirting with Paulie and Corey in a more overt manner than she was with James.

When it was obvious James was the only choice left, she still didn't use that type of behavior. If she had been with Vic this entire time or if she had successfully latched onto Corey or Paulie, I believe she would be doing a lot more cuddling and even some subtle PDA's (not overt sex like Zak by any means, but still would have been there). There were highlights on Jeff's live feed highlight reels from the early days in the house when Nat was with Vic and there were clips of her snuggling and cuddling in the bed with more enthusiasm than she has ever shown James. In one of them she jumped into the bed with Vic who was sleeping and started cuddling him. She said she had never been the "big spoon" before and it felt weird, but she was cuddled right up tight with him.

These are the things that I look at when I assess this relationship. I do think she is more kind and giving than I believed her to be early in the game, but I still don't think that she will be anything more than friends with James on the outside. But if I am wrong, I will happily eat crow, because I believe outside of the game James has a heart of gold and would treat her like a queen, so I would hate to see him get hurt.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:29 am

Oh, one more thing. I do agree with you about the other 2 showmances Lizzy. Corey and Nicole will just be friends after the show as well. She is much more into him than he is into her and I think she is starting to realize that. I think they have each other's back to a certain extent in the game, but not sure he would throw his game away for her as she would for him. I also believe that Corey and Paulie will be lifelong "friends" too! chuckle

Paulie and Zak have NO CHANCE at all. That whole thing was based on lust and nothing else. I am sure they were sharing a bed in the jury house on the first night, but once the show is over, that will be it. Especially if her family has any say about it. If that were my daughter, I would grab her and shake her, and tell her to NEVER let a man treat her that way, game or no game. It would be one thing if she were completely bamboozled or something, but she even saw the red flags all around her and STILL went along with it.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:53 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Sorry Lizzy, I have to agree with Ctown here.  I believe Nat's feelings for James are genuine as far as friendship and trust, and I believe she will have his back 100% in the game, but she is not looking to date him outside of the house.  

I keep thinking of the first few weeks when she was still trying to find a guy to latch onto and the way she flirted with them in trying to do that.  Her flirty behavior was way more overt when it was Vic, Corey and Paulie.  Even when she was first being friendly to James, there was no overt flirty behavior with him, and she was still flirting with Paulie and Corey in a more overt manner than she was with James.

When it was obvious James was the only choice left, she still didn't use that type of behavior.  If she had been with Vic this entire time or if she had successfully latched onto Corey or Paulie, I believe she would be doing a lot more cuddling and even some subtle PDA's (not overt sex like Zak by any means, but still would have been there).  There were highlights on Jeff's live feed highlight reels from the early days in the house when Nat was with Vic and there were clips of her snuggling and cuddling in the bed with more enthusiasm than she has ever shown James.  In one of them she jumped into the bed with Vic who was sleeping and started cuddling him.  She said she had never been the "big spoon" before and it felt weird, but she was cuddled right up tight with him.

These are the things that I look at when I assess this relationship.  I do think she is more kind and giving than I believed her to be early in the game, but I still don't think that she will be anything more than friends with James on the outside.  But if I am wrong, I will happily eat crow, because I believe outside of the game James has a heart of gold and would treat her like a queen, so I would hate to see him get hurt.

So basically what you are saying is that James is ugly and Vic, Paulie and Corey are not? Donald Duck Donald Duck Donald Duck

Just kidding... Well maybe not neener
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:41 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
So basically what you are saying is that James is ugly and Vic, Paulie and Corey are not? Donald Duck Donald Duck Donald Duck

I wouldn't same James is ugly, but he is not the "pretty boy" and doesn't have the built body that Paulie and Victor have. Actually I think Corey is rather homely, but other girls in the house seem to think he is good looking. Those weird eyes of his just creep me out.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:29 am

chap5788 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:

I wouldn't same James is ugly, but he is not the "pretty boy" and doesn't have the built body that Paulie and Victor have.  Actually I think Corey is rather homely, but other girls in the house seem to think he is good looking.  Those weird eyes of his just creep me out.

Agreed, I do not get the Corey thing either.

I think James is a cutie! This does not excuse his "kitchen mess" behaviors. No

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:37 pm

capricious1 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:

I wouldn't same James is ugly, but he is not the "pretty boy" and doesn't have the built body that Paulie and Victor have.  Actually I think Corey is rather homely, but other girls in the house seem to think he is good looking.  Those weird eyes of his just creep me out.

More importantly, James has a good heart and I think would make a wonderful husband to any woman for sure. Of course he may be different outside the house, but after seeing him for 2 seasons I believe it is pretty obvious he is a good egg.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:56 am

chap5788 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:

More importantly, James has a good heart and I think would make a wonderful husband to any woman for sure.  Of course he may be different outside the house, but after seeing him for 2 seasons I believe it is pretty obvious he is a good egg.

Awe ladies...we actually differ in opinion!  affraid TeeHee

Well, I don't think that James is that bad looking... yes he's not a pretty boy, but if he got a different hair cut and stopped wearing those visors all the time, he wouldn't be that bad looking.

HOWEVER, as I've said it before, he just rubs me the wrong way. He seems like such a people pleaser to me. And I feel like he's fake. I mean he's probably a good guy outside the game, I guess.  Shrug But, I don't know...I just feel like he knows he's on TV and he's trying to make himself look good. Even his Instagram and Twitter isn't real. It's just him and his TV personality and once in a while you see a pic of his cat! I don't know, I'm probably over thinking it and for all I know he's the most awesomest person ever. But yeah...he annoys me. TeeHee Especially his shenanigans in the house and his "Kitchen mess" behavior!!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Quote :

HOWEVER, as I've said it before, he just rubs me the wrong way. He seems like such a people pleaser to me. And I feel like he's fake. I mean he's probably a good guy outside the game, I guess.  Shrug But, I don't know...I just feel like he knows he's on TV and he's trying to make himself look good. Even his Instagram and Twitter isn't real. It's just him and his TV personality and once in a while you see a pic of his cat! I don't know, I'm probably over thinking it and for all I know he's the most awesomest person ever. But yeah...he annoys me. TeeHee Especially his shenanigans in the house and his "Kitchen mess" behavior!!

I think this is a spot on assessment.  He does know he's on tv and is playing to the cameras.  He's not there to win the game, but to win AFP.  He even told Natalie last night that his appearances for his season were down and a promoter told him he wouldn't book him because he's no longer relevant.  Then took it a step further by saying that the promoter also told him to come back if he ever goes on the show again.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:54 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Quote :

I think this is a spot on assessment.  He does know he's on tv and is playing to the cameras.  He's not there to win the game, but to win AFP.  He even told Natalie last night that his appearances for his season were down and a promoter told him he wouldn't book him because he's no longer relevant.  Then took it a step further by saying that the promoter also told him to come back if he ever goes on the show again.

I don't see any of this as a bad thing. A person has to play to their strengths. His strength is his likability and he is using that. Sure he may not win the game, but if he came out the last time with $25,000for going on TV, lounging around for the most part all summer having a good time, playing pranks getting and enough notoriety to even be booked for any events that I assume he makes money from, what is wrong with that? Plus he had a CHANCE to win a game with a $500,000 first prize and $50,000 second prize. All his daily living expenses were taken care of for the entire summer too. Because the stress doesn't really get to him that much, it sounds like a good deal for him. Plus, I am sure this season being a returning vet his stipend pretty much guarantees a decent chunk of change for another summer of having fun with a chance of a few jobs after. At least he doesn't think he is going to be a big movie star or something like that.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:15 pm

chap5788 wrote:

I don't see any of this as a bad thing.  A person has to play to their strengths.  His strength is his likability and he is using that.  Sure he may not win the game, but if he came out the last time with $25,000for going on TV, lounging around for the most part all summer having a good time, playing pranks getting and enough notoriety to even be booked for any events that I assume he makes money from, what is wrong with that?  Plus he had a CHANCE to win a game with a $500,000 first prize and $50,000 second prize.  All his daily living expenses were taken care of for the entire summer too.  Because the stress doesn't really get to him that much, it sounds like a good deal for him.  Plus, I am sure this season being a returning vet his stipend pretty much guarantees a decent chunk of change for another summer of having fun with a chance of a few jobs after.  At least he doesn't think he is going to be a big movie star or something like that.

Vets get $15,000 for being on the show and another $10,000 for making jury.

I'll tell you exactly what is wrong with what James is doing. I'm not watching the show for someone to only care about winning AFP or to have a summer vacation. I'm watching to see someone actually play the game. This is the exat reason why they need to get rid of AFP. They need to cast people that are actually going to try and win the game. There's a reason Survivor got rid of AFP and it's time for BB to follow suit.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:17 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Vets get $15,000 for being on the show and another $10,000 for making jury.

I'll tell you exactly what is wrong with what James is doing.  I'm not watching the show for someone to only care about winning AFP or to have a summer vacation.  I'm watching to see someone actually play the game.  This is the exat reason why they need to get rid of AFP.  They need to cast people that are actually going to try and win the game.  There's a reason Survivor got rid of AFP and it's time for BB to follow suit.

Well if you think by any stretch of the imagination that they are ever going to find a cast of 16 people who are all "game players" and "strategists" who will all go in the house and play the game 24/7 without a few in the group playing a more low key game or the floater game or whatever.

You gave credit to Paul in the last couple of weeks for playing the middle and getting people to do things for him, but that is just another way of saying he threw a comp to make let someone else take the shot and then played between the 2 sides. Look at Dan G's game. He spends the first few weeks of the season keeping his head down and throwing every comp he plays in unless his ass is directly on the line and then even does it at those times too. And no I am not comparing ANYONE in that house with Dan, but the point is that part of his game is to lay low in the beginning and throw comps. He just has a lot of game savvy and "the mist" to use when he needs it that defies explanation.

I agree with you 100% that I want to see more game players and strategists and the casting of the character roles each season gets old, but even when there is a lot of game play, the season can be boring. I also want to be entertained throughout the season. Look at Derrick's season, he controlled just about every aspect and put out the fires before they started, stopped most of the drama and other than Zach's outbursts, Devin's idiotic behavior at the beginning of the game and Caleb's sick obsession with Amber, there was very little other entertainment. Look at Vanessa's season, it became predictable and boring too and I believe we had a discussion that the fact that Vanessa could never let go of the game even for a evening of fun bothered you in some respect.

So, yes I would love to see a bunch of Dan's, Derrick's and Janelle's in the house, but even if all 16 people were that "kind of person" going in, there would be those who sit back and wait for their time and/or entertain us in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:51 pm

chap5788 wrote:

Well if you think by any stretch of the imagination that they are ever going to find a cast of 16 people who are all "game players" and "strategists" who will all go in the house and play the game 24/7 without a few in the group playing a more low key game or the floater game or whatever.  

You gave credit to Paul in the last couple of weeks for playing the middle and getting people to do things for him, but that is just another way of saying he threw a comp to make let someone else take the shot and then played between the 2 sides.  Look at Dan G's game.  He spends the first few weeks of the season keeping his head down and throwing every comp he plays in unless his ass is directly on the line and then even does it at those times too.  And no I am not comparing ANYONE in that house with Dan, but the point is that part of his game is to lay low in the beginning and throw comps.  He just has a lot of game savvy and "the mist" to use when he needs it that defies explanation.

I agree with you 100% that I want to see more game players and strategists and the casting of the character roles each season gets old, but even when there is a lot of game play, the season can be boring.  I also want to be entertained throughout the season.  Look at Derrick's season, he controlled just about every aspect and put out the fires before they started, stopped most of the drama and other than Zach's outbursts, Devin's idiotic behavior at the beginning of the game and Caleb's sick obsession with Amber, there was very little other entertainment.  Look at Vanessa's season, it became predictable and boring too and I believe we had a discussion that the fact that Vanessa could never let go of the game even for a evening of fun bothered you in some respect.  

So, yes I would love to see a bunch of Dan's, Derrick's and Janelle's in the house, but even if all 16 people were that "kind of person" going in, there would be those who sit back and wait for their time and/or entertain us in the meantime.

Yes, I gave credit to Paul because Paul is playing the game. If you consider what James is doing as gameplay so be it, but it's horrible gameplay. Here's a parefect example "Should I do what the house wants, or whats best for my own game? I'll do what the house wants"

I know they are going to get some duds in each cast, it's bound to happen, but as of late there are more duds then there are game players. Look at Derricks season, there was almost zero game play that entire time, Derrick was the only one really playing. Last season wasn't a horrible season and is one of the better ones in recent history, yes things got tedious and boring at times, but it was nice watching Vanessa play the game 24/7. I would trade any one of the players that returned this season for someone like Vanessa.

I think they have let the cast get too large, cut it back down to 12 or 14 and shorten the season. That's also part of the problem here is that seasons now are too long. Yes, we all love BB and when I saw the first extended season, I was excited, until I saw the results of it. For example, one of my favorite shows ever is Breaking Bad, it ran for 5 seasons and IMO had the perfect run. Now because I liked the show too much, does that mean I would like it more, if there were more seasons? No, I like it just the way it is, to add anything to it would only be filler episodes and nothing with substance. So that's basically what this show has donw, extended the season, but instead of giving us substance, they gave us filler in stupid twist and 2nd and 3rd chances to get back in the game.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:49 pm

I should've posted this on the venting thread, but was too lazy to find it, so this is the next best thing.

Chap close your eyes because this is about Nicole....  chuckle

Nicole and Corey are in the HOH room and Nicole is telling Corey how she is voting for him as the winner, and will fight for him in Jury if she is evicted. Okay no big deal. Then minutes later, Natalie enters the room. Nicole then proceeds to whine about Natalie not coming up to her and discussing game with her. That Natalie doesn't care about this game and all she cares about is a nail file. And Nicole swears she is not going to vote for "HER" if she is final two. That Nicole only likes gamers and wants a gamer to win. Uh yeah, because Corey's a real gamer, who's been playing his heart out... laying in bed and whatnot.  confused And yes, right after Nicole said all this, she did say that it's not like she wouldn't vote for Natalie...but still. Although it was funny that Nicole realized she (Nicole) might actually be a floater. Or at least Nicole thought Corey might be thinking she's a floater. Anyway....

Nicole also says she doesn't talk about anyone behind their backs. But the minute Natalie walks out of the room, she has to say something about her. It is clearly obvious Nicole does not like Natalie. Natalie walked into the kitchen, Nicole left a few minutes later. Natalie goes into the HOH and Nicole gets upset because she doesn't talk game. When Natalie does talk game, she gets upset because she talks game.

We get it Nicole...you do not like her. But I just can't stand when people think that they know everything. Just because Natalie is not talking game with Nicole does not mean she isn't playing. Sometimes I feel like Natalie is the only one who's aware of stuff at times. Nicole only seems to be aware of what's going on, after her DR sessions. TeeHee The sad thing is, James and Natalie were willing to work with Nicole and Corey. And just because Nicole heard stupid James mention Natalie wanting to keep Victor...doesn't mean jack shit. Victor is Natalie's friend. And she liked his company. So what? In the end, Victor went home, Corey didn't.

It's no secret that I like Natalie and cannot stand Nicole... but come on. The only saving grace for me towards Nicole this week, is she won HOH and that made her at least start playing this game. Because for the past few months, she's been unbearable to watch.

Honestly, I cannot wait until she walks out of that house and realizes that Corey isn't loved by America as much as she thinks he is. Because those care packages sent to Corey and Nicole did nothing but only prove that CBS was rigging the entire thing.

I really hope James gets the boot this upcoming week, and somehow, someway, Natalie ends up working with Paul and Victor again. I don't know if I can muster Nicole, Corey, Vic and Paul as F4. I'd much rather replace Corey with Natalie. Then maybe we'll have a little tension...some drama and actual game play. Instead of, as Corey said it...smooth sailing to the end. Because yeah Corey, smooth sailing makes you a real game player and those are some game player moves. Sarcastic
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:41 am

Lizzy, you make some valid points in your post, but I will defend a couple of things.

First of all before the HOH comp that Nat won, Nic went to her and James to tell them what Paulie had said because she wanted them to know before anyone was in power so it didn't look sketchy. After Nat won, Nicole wen to talk to Nat and James about noms and possibly working together. Corey also went to talk to them separately. Nat said she decided to work with Nicole and Corey because Nicole came to her with "game talk" instead of any personal crap or gossip. She talked about strategy and such and Nat said it was the first time anyone took her seriously as a game player.

After the veto was played, Nicole and Corey at separate times went to talk to Nat and James again, and even another time talked to Mich as well on one occasion. The plan was set and they didn't come to them after that, but James kept going to Nicole and Corey questioning them about shit Paul and Vic (and Mich actually) were feeding him making it appear as though he didn't trust them, but the fact remains they were still discussing things.

When Nicole won HOH, James made ONE quick appearance in the HOH room before noms and Nic said she was taking another swing at Paul and Mich was going up next to him. She affirmed that Nat and James would not be going up. Nat never once went to talk to Nicole herself. Then after Nic won veto as they were coming back into the house James just quickly asked if she was using it and she said she wasn't and would lock up the noms. Once again, Nat never came and talked to her about it at all. After veto was over neither James or Nat went to discuss the votes or anything else. They didn't even chat with Corey about how he was voting or make their pitch of which person should be going.

Nicole and Corey had every intention of not blindsiding James with the vote, but because they never even bothered to ask about the target or discuss plans for next week moving forward (even though they all believed it was a DE) or anything, and James was making weird comments in an open forum about the impending DE and how it ALWAYS means BIG MOVES without providing details about it, they were sketched out and decided not to tell him anything.

So the conversation you saw on BBAD where Nicole mentioned that Nat is not playing and had a perfect opportunity when she came to look for the nail file to chat a bit about it and didn't was further evidence that Nat was "not playing" and having James play her game for her, doing the game talking and she didn't have to do anything. THIS is what she was talking about.

You are right though, Nicole does not like Nat and Nat does not like Nicole. They have not liked each other the entire game. It started the first couple of weeks when Nat was overtly throwing herself at Corey and continued to do so even when Nicole and Corey were obviously together. Then she moved on to Victor who dumped her, then Paulie (even though he was obviously with Zak) and then finally to James. Nicole was genuinely worried about James getting hurt because it was obvious he had feelings for Nat and she was doing those things behind his back.

Nat is very fake, plays the victim and completely rode James like a horse for most of the game. Is she playing the game now? Yes she is and I have given her credit for that, but she also picks and chooses when she wants to play and when she doesn't and when she makes James do things for her and when she wants to take the lead. When things don't go well, the victim card comes out and she starts talking about people shit talking about her. And for clarification purposes, Nicole has said that Nat is fake and talked about her overt flirting, but she has never resorted to personal attacks on Nat the way Nat believes she has done.

I think if you had access to the feeds and saw more of Nat's behavior you probably wouldn't be as big a fan of hers as you are now, but I could be wrong. Just 2 days ago, she told James she didn't want them to cuddle anymore and she didn't want him to touch her so much when they are laying in the same bed. This was a complete 180 out of the blue. Then night before last she was talking to Mich in the dark while James was "sleeping" and told Mich that she can't sleep when James is in bed with her, but she can't tell him or it will hurt his feelings. The next day she told James they should distance themselves a little bit and he was hurt by this. He talked to Mich after that and said that he is tired of chasing Nat and her pulling away all the time and then pulling him back. He said it bothered him initially about the other guys in the house because he knew that he was 3rd choice and such. He said that almost his entire game has been to protect Nat and now he felt like he was being dumped. Mich tried to reassure him some, but he said he would give her space.

Then all of the sudden either yesterday he went to sleep in one of the bumper cars and she came in and asked if it was okay for her to get into the car and snuggle with him and he agreed. Right after that she told Mich that she was lucky she didn't have a showmance this season because now she is free to go out after the game is over and date anybody she wants to, but she isn't that lucky now. This is the behavior that just kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Nicole is entrenched with Corey, there is no doubt about it and it is very much a one-way street, but she at least has played her own game and done her own game talking for the most part, where Nat has had James do it for her. Early in the game it was for survival, but there is no reason she can't speak and act for herself at this point and had the chance to do that in the last week, but she chose not to do it.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:22 am

Nah I'd probably still like Natalie, even if I watched the feeds! chuckle I see enough of her on BBAD to make my judgments.  But I also don't like James so it doesn't piss me off if she's using him or not. At least she's not screwing him (literally) like Paulie would Zak. And yeah I can totally tell she's fake when she's hosting the veto comps or trying to talk to people and butter them up, but that doesn't bother me either. I think I'd rather be around someone like Natalie, than Nicole. Because I just find Nicole irritating. She seems super ungrateful. And I don't know, I think she's kind of mean. Her whole "brutally honest" crap is just an excuse to say mean things. How would she like it if someone told her she's ugly, has a big nose and her voice is the most irritating nasally voice on this planet. "I'm sorry Nicole, I'm just brutally honest".

I just feel like Natalie hasn't had the greatest of opportunities and she doesn't have much money but she's surrounded by people who have more than she does and she's had to fake it until she makes it. And I just feel bad for people like that.

And yes, I've heard the whole Nat was throwing herself on all the guys over and over and over. If I have to read that one more time, my head is going to explode. :explode: I remember Jordan doing the same thing in her season, when she, Lydia and Laura would prance around in their little nighties and Jordan was flirty with Braden, until he was voted out and then she gravitated towards Jeff.

Boogiewarts and Will used Erica and Janelle and they are apparently the greatest players in the world. (Well not according to me). Janelle used all sorts of boys...and flirted her way through numerous seasons. My point being...seems like previous HGs have done this as well, but it's okay that they did it, because it was game?

I think Natalie just rubs people the wrong way and so her being flirty and using James is an easy excuse to dislike her. So why isn't Corey being shit on all the time? I mean he's clearly using Nicole. And I am sure had Paulie given him the time of day, he would've been flirty with him.  Donald Duck

Either way I'm still liking Natalie! And I think I'll like her even more once James is gone! NaNaNaNa
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:28 am

As far as Janelle or Boogie, I was NEVER a fan of either of them. I thought what Boogie did to Erica was appalling and completely over the line. Using someone to a certain extent is something everyone in the game does, but when it comes to something like what Boogie did or Janelle did just for their own entertainment purposes, I just can't support that. And to be clear, I would not put Nat in the same category as Boogie or Janelle in that department either, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

Corey is not into Nicole the way she is with him, but he is not cuddling with her only to advance his game. He had his own social game throughout the season and for reasons that are beyond me, the other hg's really like him. Corey and Nicole have had their own side deals, but still had each other's backs along the way too. This is something they both did. Nicole had her deal with the girls, her deal with the vets, and her final 2 with Frank and lied to Corey about it when confronted about it. She since admitted it, but she still had her own things going just like he did with the guys.

I guess it just bothers me so much that Nat came into the game with a plan to find a guy to ride to the end, but then speaks about female empowerment and such. She talks about people being mean and fake and turning on "their best friend" or "doing and saying things behind people's backs" but she has done a lot of things behind James' back that makes him look like a fool and has no problem with that. She leads him on about having a relationship outside the house when it is obvious she has no intention of doing so and none of that is necessary for the game.

I have given Nat credit for learning this game and ended up being more of a player than I ever thought she could be and like you I also have a soft spot for people who have had it a bit rougher coming up through life (I think Victor is in that category too), but she just rubs me the wrong way and the fakeness I just can't get past. Plus she plays the victim all the time reverting back to all the people in the house making comments about her appearance, something she also thinks Nicole was a party to, but she wasn't.

I do agree with you though that I would like to see Nat play without James to see how she goes about it. And if she can get to the final 2, she will definitely win because she will probably have 3 guaranteed votes with Mich, Bridge and James and that is a big advantage for her.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:46 am

Yeah I totally did not like what Boogiewarts did to Erica. And he has never been my favorite! I loved Season 6 Janelle. And even All stars janelle. I think she used Will as much as he used her. But when she came back as a coach... Ugh! She totally used everyone!

I think it is a soft spot with me and people who have had it rough. And yes, I feel the same way about Victor as I do about Nat. Which is probably why I wouldn't mind seeing him win, even if he was evicted twice. But I do believe Paul has played a really good game... So I hope he wins!

I do have to give credit to Nicole for getting James and Nat to turn on Paul and Victor AND then getting Paul and Vic to join her alliance. That was great! And so that's why I'd like to see her and Nat F4. I just don't think Corey or James do anything for me! And I'm sure it was super edited, but on tonight's ep...man they really showed what a dumb ass James really is. Instead of thinking about AFP, he should've focused more on the fact that Michelle was going home! How ridiculously clueless was he? And another reason why he irks me... He's constantly dismissing Natalie every time she actually is speaking truth. Like she thought there'd be a juror coming back (because I'm sure DR hinted) and James said no way! And she felt like the boys flipped and well duh! they did... But he was so sure Paul was going home. So yeah, I'm ready for James and Corey to exit!

On a side note.. Sorry if I am not making sense. I'm on my phone and this mobile desktop sucks! So it's hard to see what I'm typing. And the regular desktop site doesn't work!! It keeps taking me to darn ads!!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:16 pm

Nicole was a horrible player is season 16 and she is a horrible player this season.  Where is the game? Laying in bed and jacking off Corey is not game.  Not that Nat is playing great, but she is at least playing.  Yes, her strategy was to come into the house and find a guy to ride to the end.  What has she done?  She found a guy to ride to the end.  Well done.  She made no secret about it.

Just the fact that Nicole has said she would vote Corey in final 2 proves what a shit player she is.  There is only one person that Corey should win over and thats only because thatone person was already evicted twice.

As far as Nat not going to Nicole about who was going home between Paul and Michelle, I have toside with/nat on this one.  Noms are doen, vetois done, the HoH has no more power.  If I'm Nat, what do I care who goes?  I'm safe andI can still play in the next HoH.  Bow if I'm Nicole, different story, I can't play in HoH so it makes me vulnerable.  I should do everything I can to not make waves against the other side just in case they win.

I still say it was stupid to send Michelle home.  Paul has been running the house and its painfully obvious.  In what world is it a good idea to keep him there?  Then you have the idiot Coreytrying to rationize keeping him with the whole, "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best" which Nicole simply ate up.  Wee guess what asshole?  By evicting Paul this week, you just beat the best.  What sense does it make to delay it?  Why take the more difficult road?

That whole thngwith Michelle spouting off on her way out and Nicole rationaliing that thats why she had to evict her is stupid.  If you don evict her, shes not going to spout off like that.  She may be coming after you, but so what, she can't win shit and there are still others that need to vote.  You build other relationships to keep yourself safe.  But what if she does win and puts you and your showmance up?  To hell with your showmance, this is an individual game.  Geting into a showmance and having to play for two people is shitty gameplay no matter how you look at it.  And Nicole has not done it just once, but twice.  yet another example of what a shitty player she is.  She never should have een brought back.  It leads one to wonder how she would play if she wasnt in a showmance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop whining   

Back to top Go down

Stop whining
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next