Care package

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10037

PostSubject: Care package   Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:54 pm

So the next care package is the co-HOH. I'm actually expecting Victor to win it.  He has shot up in popularity since putting Paulie and Corey up, but let's say Michelle or Paul win HoH this week, does that take them out of being eligible to get the Package?  I can't see production letting a little thing like actual gameplay get in the way of ruining this stupid twist.  It would be a useless package to give to one of them if they are already HoH, but then again it would also make them not eligible to get the final care package.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:48 pm

ctown28 wrote:
So the next care package is the co-HOH. I'm actually expecting Victor to win it.  He has shot up in popularity since putting Paulie and Corey up, but let's say Michelle or Paul win HoH this week, does that take them out of being eligible to get the Package?  I can't see production letting a little thing like actual gameplay get in the way of ruining this stupid twist.  It would be a useless package to give to one of them if they are already HoH, but then again it would also make them not eligible to get the final care package.

The main reason this care package thing is so screwed up is because of the voting timeframe. I would bet money that Bridge won the super safety thing by a landslide, but then because she was evicted, it had to go to the next person in line.

I was thinking about this last night. I believe that a big portion of the "voting" America is tired of hearing about clipping all the girls and having an all male final 5 especially with this group of asshats. So, I think most people taking the time to vote (I haven't cast 1 vote in this thing) would more than likely be voting for a girl to win the super safety. Nat has already won so not eligible. Bridge was evicted so all those votes she probably received from Sunday to the eviction on Thursday were canceled. Michelle has too much of the mean girl residua left on her from before and she wasn't given much credit for flipping the vote to stay, it was basically all Bridge according to the episode. So that leaves Nicole to win that safety.

Now the next one being the co-HOH, it could be Victor because people will be happy he is sending Paulie out of the house. But I believe the episode edit is going to have a lot to do with how this plays out. If the edit puts Corey and Paulie in the victim light enough, it could actually end up going to Corey with people assuming Paulie is leaving the game. But with those people left, I believe it really could be any of them. And I agree that if the person who received the highest votes wins HOH outright, it will go to the next person in line.

If Victor does end up co-HOH, I hope it is somehow divulged to him that Paul was a driving force about getting him out in the DE as well AND that he knew the entire week of Vic's eviction what the plan was and that is why he didn't pick him to play in veto (Paul told him he picked someone he thought he could beat in the veto and played dumb that it could have given them both safety). Paul is way too comfortable and needs to feel a little heat.

It is never a good idea to think you can make your way through the game all by yourself with comp wins and such, but if anyone could do it, I believe Victor could at this point. In any event I don't want to see him drag Paul to the end that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:09 pm

Here's the problem with the claims that the "good" edited the reason a vote goes a certain way.  People say it's the casual viewers vote that only watch the episodes, I may have bought this back when you could texting your votes but it's still not very believable.  I'm fairly certain that 90% of the votes come from live feeders and people who actually check out what's going on in the house on the Internet.  If a casual viewer is going to take the time to go online, register on cbs.com and vote, there's a good chance they are going to go and see what's happening while the cameras are off.  Sure, there's a small percentage that doesn't want to be spoiled but those are few and far between.  Every casual viewer I talk amongst friends and family do not bother voting.   But that's not what production wants you to believe.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:51 am

ctown28 wrote:
Here's the problem with the claims that the "good" edited the reason a vote goes a certain way.  People say it's the casual viewers vote that only watch the episodes, I may have bought this back when you could texting your votes but it's still not very believable.  I'm fairly certain that 90% of the votes come from live feeders and people who actually check out what's going on in the house on the Internet.  If a casual viewer is going to take the time to go online, register on cbs.com and vote, there's a good chance they are going to go and see what's happening while the cameras are off.  Sure, there's a small percentage that doesn't want to be spoiled but those are few and far between.  Every casual viewer I talk amongst friends and family do not bother voting.   But that's not what production wants you to believe.

You make very good points Ctown, but I also believe the edits come into play very much. Do you really think live feeders would be putting Nat at the top of the popularity list based on her "game play" to this point? Do you think James would be the second most popular in the house based on his "game play" to this point? I don't think so. Like you have pointed out so often, James is pretty much "do what the house thinks" all the time and doing pranks. But even lately has not been doing pranks either. So where does their popularity come from? Then Mich who has been very hated for her bullying stuff goes off on Nicole on the live show and she gets the next care package? I am not saying it is the ONLY reason, but I still believe it carries a lot of weight in this voting stuff. Also many people catch up on episodes of their shows on their computer nowadays, so they are probably already signed up at CBS.com, not for the live feeds necessarily but just for regular stuff, so it would not be that big of a deal to go on there to vote.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:00 am

Here is another question about the next care package. Is the receiver of the care package for the co-HOH eligible to play in the following HOH comp? They supposedly share all the responsibilities and perks of being HOH, so why would they not be made ineligible for the next HOH comp? This could make things pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:18 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Here is another question about the next care package.  Is the receiver of the care package for the co-HOH eligible to play in the following HOH comp?  They supposedly share all the responsibilities and perks of being HOH, so why would they not be made ineligible for the next HOH comp?  This could make things pretty interesting.

I was thinking this very same thing.  I would think that they are not eligible to plays in it since they are currently an HOH, but we will see how product on handles it in due time I guesss.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:42 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Here is another question about the next care package.  Is the receiver of the care package for the co-HOH eligible to play in the following HOH comp?  They supposedly share all the responsibilities and perks of being HOH, so why would they not be made ineligible for the next HOH comp?  This could make things pretty interesting.

I was thinking this very same thing.  I would think that they are not eligible to plays in it since they are currently an HOH, but we will see how product on handles it in due time I guesss.

I'm sure it will depend on who wins it what rules will apply! chuckle
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:40 am

Okay, now I have another question about this next care package that I had not thought about until I read Ctown's post on the call it thread.

If Paulie DOES have the RT ticket or there is a returning juror this week, there will be 8 people in the house. If there are 2 HOH's and 2 noms, that leaves 4 people voting. If there happens to be a tie, which HOH breaks the tie? If veto is used, does the HOH who put up the nom removed make the replacement nom? You would think that actually winning the HOH would carry more weight, but who knows. I wonder if production has thought about any of these things?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:08 am

chap5788 wrote:
Okay, now I have another question about this next care package that I had not thought about until I read Ctown's post on the call it thread.

If Paulie DOES have the RT ticket or there is a returning juror this week, there will be 8 people in the house.  If there are 2 HOH's and 2 noms, that leaves 4 people voting.  If there happens to be a tie, which HOH breaks the tie?  If veto is used, does the HOH who put up the nom removed make the replacement nom?  You would think that actually winning the HOH would carry more weight, but who knows.  I wonder if production has thought about any of these things?

Whoever put the nom up would get to do the renom since that is the way the roadkill winner worked.  As far as the votes go, I'm thinking that the co-hoh wil still get to vote since they did not actually win HoH, if that is the case, that person should also be eligible to play in the next one.

I know you think Paul will win the ecare package but if social media is any indicator, Victor will win it for 2 reasonss, first vic put up paulie and Corey and is very well liked now, and 2nd it is better for Paul to be able to keep floating and his fans realize that vic getting it is better for Paul
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:00 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

If Paulie DOES have the RT ticket or there is a returning juror this week, there will be 8 people in the house.  If there are 2 HOH's and 2 noms, that leaves 4 people voting.  If there happens to be a tie, which HOH breaks the tie?  If veto is used, does the HOH who put up the nom removed make the replacement nom?  You would think that actually winning the HOH would carry more weight, but who knows.  I wonder if production has thought about any of these things?

Whoever put the nom up would get to do the renom since that is the way the roadkill winner worked.  As far as the votes go, I'm thinking that the co-hoh wil still get to vote since they did not actually win HoH, if that is the case, that person should also be eligible to play in the next one.

I know you think Paul will win the ecare package but if social media is any indicator, Victor will win it for 2 reasonss, first vic put up paulie and Corey and is very well liked now, and 2nd it is better for Paul to be able to keep floating and his fans realize that vic getting it is better for Paul

Well I guess that makes sense about the voting and such, but I still think if an HOH gets to nominate and possibly put up a replacement nom, they should not get to vote. As far as a tie, I believe that should be broken by the HOH winner, but that is just my opinion of course.

The reason I believe that Paul will win the care package is that they clearly showed that Paul was the reason Vic made that move. Plus when this secret service penalty thing he has been doing airs (it is hilarious) his popularity is going to rise to the top. I guess we will see who is right this week! neener
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:28 pm

I understand Paul's popularity is goingup, but the general consensus I've seen on twitter has Paul's fans asking people to vote Victor and not Paul for this care package and save the bribe one for Paul.  That one is perfect for gim because while people may know he has it, they won't know who he uses it on or if he uses it.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:00 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I understand Paul's popularity is goingup, but the general consensus I've seen on twitter has Paul's fans asking people to vote Victor and not Paul for this care package and save the bribe one for Paul.  That one is perfect for gim because while people may know he has it, they won't know who he uses it on or if he uses it.

Well then Paul's fans are actually missing the biggest point they could make for giving it to Victor instead of Paul. They should be saying vote for Vic because he can't play in HOH this week and it keeps both of them safe. But come to think of it, they could actually be screwing both of them with this plan if neither of them are eligible to play in HOH next week. Wow, this could really turn things upside down and sideways!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:59 am

Paul is certain the care package will be the ultimate power in the game. If I were in the game right now, I would start planting seeds that winning HOH this week will probably mean nothing because of the package and even drop hints that if a person wins HOH, they probably aren't eligible to get the package too since it has not happened up until now. If Paul thinks he is a shoe in to win that package, and he thinks that the HOH is not eligible, he just might roll the dice and throw the HOH comp. Wouldn't that be hilarious, if he threw the HOH comp and the care package comes to him with the $5000 bribe in it instead of the diamond veto, coup de tat, or HOH takeover he is expecting?
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:15 am

chap5788 wrote:
Paul is certain the care package will be the ultimate power in the game.  If I were in the game right now, I would start planting seeds that winning HOH this week will probably mean nothing because of the package and even drop hints that if a person wins HOH, they probably aren't eligible to get the package too since it has not happened up until now.  If Paul thinks he is a shoe in to win that package, and he thinks that the HOH is not eligible, he just might roll the dice and throw the HOH comp.  Wouldn't that be hilarious, if he threw the HOH comp and the care package comes to him with the $5000 bribe in it instead of the diamond veto, coup de tat, or HOH takeover he is expecting?

I would do the same thing! The possible outcome would be amazing! As a viewer, it sure would liven up an otherwise lackluster season. clapping

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:03 am

The other HG'S are also getting it in his head that the HOH won't be eligible for it.  Paul also believes that there won't be a returning juror, he's convinced it will be a reset week.  If Paulie ends up being the returning player, Paul may find himself in hot water, unless he can convince Paulie that he was just riding with the house, but I think he's past that point.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Care package   Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Paul was doing some camera talk in the last day or so, laying out his strategy and he said that it may be smarter to not win the HOH because if it is an HOH takeover he would get boned, so he is contemplating throwing it. Then later James told Mich and Nat that they should try to get the idea in Paul's head that the HOH is not eligible for the care package. It was kind of funny that on 2 sides of the house, the same idea was being kicked around.

I agree with Ctown that if Paulie returns to the house, I believe Paul will try to say that he was just going with the house, or Vic went rogue and he didn't know what to do, or that everyone got in his head that Paulie was covered on all sides but he wasn't. But, like you said Ctown, I think it went to far for that. Remember Paul had that little call out session to rattle Paulie before veto and Paulie recognized what he was doing in his DR session.

But, I believe unless it is a complete and total crap shoot comp, that Vic will be the one returning to the game anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Care package   

Back to top Go down

Care package
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1