Who is left to root for

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10039

PostSubject: Who is left to root for   Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Great article here, the author pretty much hits the nail on the head for everything:

http://zap2it.com/2016/08/big-brother-18-winner-who-is-left-root-for/

Quote :

"Big Brother" is always an interesting study in group dynamics and manipulation. Sometimes you watch one person sneakily dominate the entire season in a really deft and crafty way, a la Dr. Will. Sometimes two warring factions go toe-to-toe all season, a la Season 6. But unfortunately, sometimes one person takes charge and the rest of the house just rolls over to his whim -- which is what's happening in Season 18 and why there is no one left to root for at this point.

Paulie has been dominating "BB 18." He has won Head of Household and Power of Veto twice each, in addition to being on the team that won an additional HOH and two Road Kill competitions. He might be an interesting person to root for, except no one in the house is making it remotely hard for him. Why is that a problem? Because he isn't really being forced to play the game much. He basically just has to tell people what to do and what is the fun in that?

He also just isn't as likable or charismatic as a player like Dr. Will or Dan Gheesling. So he mostly just comes across as a giant tool, like the way he berated Zakiyah one night for lying to him (she didn't) and then laughed about making her cry. Who wants to root for that kind of gross behavior?

Paulie's lackeys aren't any better. At least in Season 12, Hayden, Lane, Enzo and Britney were fun to watch. Paulie, Paul, Corey and Nicole are no Hayden, Lane, Enzo and Britney.

When Frank went home and Paul won HOH, Zap2it was excited thinking that maybe it was time for a shake-up in the house, but Paul became Paulie's lapdop faster than you can blink and that went out the window.

James and Natalie are content with just bopping along and keeping their heads down at this point.

And the girls this season just flat-out stink now that Da'Vonne and Tiffany are gone. Whether you like Day and Tiff or not, you can't deny they are pot-stirrers who are not content to acquiesce to whatever the HOH wants to do every week.

But Zakiyah, Bridgette, Nicole, Natalie and Michelle are perfectly content to just be picked off one by one -- because they certainly aren't doing anything about it. Most of them are blinded by their showmances and it's gross to watch.

There are plenty of likable people in the "Big Brother" house, but that isn't enough. Viewers want likable game-players, not likable doormats.

So ... unless something happens to flip the "BB 18" house on its ear, this season is a total write-off. Is it time for the fall edition yet?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Who is left to root for   Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:56 am

Unfortunately I have to agree with the author. I am still holding on to hope that James will find the balls he left behind in the last season and start playing HIS game instead of playing like a scared little bitch in order to keep his side piece Nat safe, even though she is totally using him and has eyes on moving in on Paulie if Z leaves the house.

I am also hoping that some of the spunk I saw in Nicole in her season (going after Frankie was a bold move in her season) and if it were not for Derrick targeting her because she was "too smart to leave in the game" I think she would have gone further. But she is terrified of going out in the DE (a distinct possibility) and has been playing scared. She has become a loyal servant to Paulie and it makes me sick.

Nat and Bridge have amounted to more than I thought they would in the early part of the season, but Bridge is just a loyal soldier and has to have a guy to give her direction and to play for. Nat is just planning on riding James until he goes and I believe then will try to attach herself to Paulie or Corey who she sees as more her caliber of guy and to hell with James.

Paulie and Paul bromance makes me completely sick. They can't leave early enough for me at this point. Corey is completely worthless and has decided throwing the HOH in the DE is best for his game because Paulie and James told him a couple of days ago that being HOH in the DE makes you a target. He now says he only wants to win vetoes. Good theory, but you have to be good at SOMETHING in order to win those comps for sure.

Victor is a complete idiot who does no understand the game at all. He is there to go for the comp win record (he is counting his battle back comps in his comp total for the season). He believes he can win his way to the end without any problem at all. He (along with Paulie and Paul) take too much pleasure in kicking people when they are down.

Zak is a servant plain and simple. She is Victoria with a bit more of a social side with more friends in the house. I felt sorry for her before, but now I believe that if Paulie told her she had to give him a BJ if she wanted to stay in the house in any given week, she would absolutely do it.

Michelle is an emotional basket case. I thought she had some game early on, but turns out she just fell into those scenarios that looked like gameplay but didn't even know she was doing it.

So right now I agree there is nobody to really root for other than ANYONE who at least takes a shot at Paul and Paulie. I am still holding out a glimmer of hope that James and Nic might wake up and smell the coffee at some point, but unfortunately I don't see it happening and they will be sitting in jury wondering why they didn't see what was right in front of their face.
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1450

PostSubject: Re: Who is left to root for   Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:09 pm

Cool, I was just going to ask this. If you are rooting for someone who is it and why? I haven't been able to keep up with the show other than the CBS show which I know is always skewed and I am really not rooting for anyone. They are all such duds I just don't care. I like James but as others have mentioned he is not playing wisely.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11576

PostSubject: Re: Who is left to root for   Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:40 am

chap5788 wrote:
Unfortunately I have to agree with the author.  I am still holding on to hope that James will find the balls he left behind in the last season and start playing HIS game instead of playing like a scared little bitch in order to keep his side piece Nat safe, even though she is totally using him and has eyes on moving in on Paulie if Z leaves the house.  

I am also hoping that some of the spunk I saw in Nicole in her season (going after Frankie was a bold move in her season) and if it were not for Derrick targeting her because she was "too smart to leave in the game" I think she would have gone further.  But she is terrified of going out in the DE (a distinct possibility) and has been playing scared.  She has become a loyal servant to Paulie and it makes me sick.  

Nat and Bridge have amounted to more than I thought they would in the early part of the season, but Bridge is just a loyal soldier and has to have a guy to give her direction and to play for.  Nat is just planning on riding James until he goes and I believe then will try to attach herself to Paulie or Corey who she sees as more her caliber of guy and to hell with James.

Paulie and Paul bromance makes me completely sick.  They can't leave early enough for me at this point.  Corey is completely worthless and has decided throwing the HOH in the DE is best for his game because Paulie and James told him a couple of days ago that being HOH in the DE makes you a target.  He now says he only wants to win vetoes.  Good theory, but you have to be good at SOMETHING in order to win those comps for sure.  

Victor is a complete idiot who does no understand the game at all.  He is there to go for the comp win record (he is counting his battle back comps in his comp total for the season).  He believes he can win his way to the end without any problem at all.  He (along with Paulie and Paul) take too much pleasure in kicking people when they are down.  

Zak is a servant plain and simple.  She is Victoria with a bit more of a social side with more friends in the house.  I felt sorry for her before, but now I believe that if Paulie told her she had to give him a BJ if she wanted to stay in the house in any given week, she would absolutely do it.

Michelle is an emotional basket case.  I thought she had some game early on, but turns out she just fell into those scenarios that looked like gameplay but didn't even know she was doing it.

So right now I agree there is nobody to really root for other than ANYONE who at least takes a shot at Paul and Paulie.  I am still holding out a glimmer of hope that James and Nic might wake up and smell the coffee at some point, but unfortunately I don't see it happening and they will be sitting in jury wondering why they didn't see what was right in front of their face.

clapping YES!!!!! Great post and a great article ctown. This is why I find this season almost painful to watch. Paulie IS the King of all Tools. Might as well just hand the money to him. Boring. Could we please have Rachel come in at some point and scream "floaters, grab a life vest!" How about Evil D clanging some pots, ANYTHING to liven up this herd of turds.

Oh, sorry, went of there a bit......I have to root for James. I just wish he would step up. waiting

(yet, I continue to faithfully watch BB)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is left to root for   

Back to top Go down

Who is left to root for
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1