ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10033

PostSubject: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:36 pm

CLICKBAIT WARNING: The entire article is posted below the link

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/07/big-brother-19-fall/

Quote :

Big Brother will air its 19th season this fall, I’ve learned, making it only the second season in its history to air outside of the summer.

A person close to the casting process told me the show is casting now and will air mid-September, after this season concludes. No other details were available.

The show has been actively casting in recent days, but with no word of an air date.

When (or where) will BB19 air?
What is unknown right now is when exactly the show will air, especially if it airs three episodes a week. CBS has an already-full fall schedule, with just one reality series, Survivor.

The network hasn’t even scheduled The Amazing Race for fall, though a season has been filmed.

Will there be a schedule shuffle? Will it air on POP, CBS’ sibling network? Or will it be broadcast entirely on CBS’ All-Access app, like the new Star Trek series?

What is clear is that CBS Entertainment president Glenn Geller is a major Big Brother fan: He has said he “never missed a season of Big Brother.” And now it seems that he’s ordered an extra season of one of his favorite shows.

So many things wrong with this story. For starters, anyone who follows lead casting director Robyn Kass on Twitter is fully aware that the casting process for BBCan is in full force and she has been actively pursuing that with no mention of BB19.

Also, this is being reported by Andy Denhardt, this is he same guy who "confirmed" before this seasons cast reveal that the returning players were in fact, Audrey Middleton, Ian Terry, Vanessa Rousso and Derrick Levasseur.

Not to mention the fact it would make no sense to do a season in the fall when thye have so many other things to air. There is Thursday night football for starters, are they really going to bump the NFL for Big Brother, I doubt that. Not to mention Survivor, although they could do a Survivor episode followed by Big Brother or vice verse, but I don't see that happening.

What this reporter fails to mention is that the last time they did a fall season, it was only because of a writers strike and they really didn't have anything to show.

This article is pretty much just clickbait, which is why I posted the entirety of the article in this post in case you dont want to click it.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks Ctown. You always keep us up-to-date and informed whether they are scam or real articles! clapping clapping
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:06 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Thanks Ctown.  You always keep us up-to-date and informed whether they are scam or real articles!  clapping clapping

The sad thing is some people actually believe this nonsense. Someone pointed out that there is a Craigslist ad out there that is asking for BB players and then there is something about the CBS site says they are currently accepting applications. Well first off, I can't see them getting a cast together from Craigslist, although with the quality of some of these idiots, it's not that far of a stretch. And the CBS saite has always started "accepting" apps during the previous season and is nothing new.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Now this is getting funny.  There are tons of people on social media believing this nonsense despite all the evidence pointing against it.  Enter Cat van Zyl, a Canadian BB blogger and regular guest on Dick at Nite.  She is telling people they have it wrong, that the casting is related room BB Canada 5 which will be BBCAN vs BBUS. Now even though she is obviously screwing around, people are latching on to this like it's gospel and saying this must be it.  I think she is going to be on Dick at Night tomorrow.  Can't remember if her regular day is tomorrow or Thursday but they need to talk about this.  It's hysterical
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:27 am

ctown28 wrote:
Now this is getting funny.  There are tons of people on social media believing this nonsense despite all the evidence pointing against it.  Enter Cat van Zyl, a Canadian BB blogger and regular guest on Dick at Nite.  She is telling people they have it wrong, that the casting is related room BB Canada 5 which will be BBCAN vs BBUS. Now even though she is obviously screwing around, people are latching on to this like it's gospel and saying this must be it.  I think she is going to be on Dick at Night tomorrow.  Can't remember if her regular day is tomorrow or Thursday but they need to talk about this.  It's hysterical

It just got even funnier, I tweeted to Cat that they need to talk about it and Dick replied no, they won't discuss it, Cat replied back that yes they will, she talks about farts when he brings them up so he has to.  And To think I'm responsible for starting the twitter banter between them.
Gassy Devil Snicker

I'm probably the only one entertained by this, but I'm having fun.  :raspberries:
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:15 pm

ctown28 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

It just got even funnier, I tweeted to Cat that they need to talk about it and Dick replied no, they won't discuss it, Cat replied back that yes they will, she talks about farts when he brings them up so he has to.  And To think I'm responsible for starting the twitter banter between them.
Gassy Devil Snicker

I'm probably the only one entertained by this, but I'm having fun.  :raspberries:

Well it certainly sounds more entertaining that what is going on in the house that is for sure!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:23 pm

This guy just doesn't quit:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/07/fall-bb19-details/

Quote :
Yesterday, I reported that Big Brother is currently casting for a fall season. While this was greeted with some skepticism and even dismissal, the show is on track and very possibly will be broadcast on CBS All Access only.

Because of CBS’ full fall schedule—again, they don’t even have room for The Amazing Race—I speculated yesterday that it might air elsewhere, and perhaps be broadcast only on CBS All Access. That’s the home of the live feeds, to which Big Brother viewers already subscribe, and the future home of CBS’ Star Trek reboot, Star Trek: Discovery.

Late Tuesday, Vulture’s Joe Adalian followed up on my reporting and leans heavily toward that possibility: “All Access would be the natural home for it since the network already has thousands of viewers who watch Big Brother live feeds via that platform.”

CBS declined to comment on the record to Joe, but he points out that the house “currently stands vacant eight months out of the year. Might as well find some new tenants to help pay the rent.”

It’s worth noting that, when CBS announced last* summer’s season, an executive was quoted in a press release saying that “now able to offer Big Brother fans one seamless service for watching their favorite show live and on-demand.” In other words, they’ve now made it possible to watch all of Big Brother on All Access, so why not continue that?

An exact start date is unclear, and of course, Big Brother 18 doesn’t end until Sept. 21. It seems at least possible right now that season 18’s finale could lead into the start of season 19, which would likely mean keeping the house decor the same.

Here are a few more details and everything I know right now:
•The current plan is for a 9- to 10-week season, so about 70 days and considerably shorter than a typical season. BB18 will be 99 days long.
•Casting is ongoing. The casting web site used by the show was recently updated. Last summer, the site remained static with the April 2014 deadlines, and when it was updated in early fall, specified casting was for summer 2015. The site’s FAQ currently says that filming dates are “TBD. A Casting Producer will contact you with more information if they are interested in moving forward.” Again, last year, when casting began again, the site included a date range for summer 2016’s season.
•The casting process does not seem to be led by Robyn Kass, who has cast previous seasons of Big Brother and is currently casting Big Brother Canada.
•One person who is reaching out to possible cast members has experience casting several seasons of Big Brother, but has also been part of casting seasons of Survivor and The Amazing Race.

* Correction: This story initially identified the quotation as being from a 2016 press release; it was actually 2015.

Give me a break already, he thinks the show can actually make money just being on All Access? Sorry but this isn't some Star Trek reboot, this is Big Brother. Are they going to have live evictions on All Access? I doubt it. What about double evictions? Nope. Yes the live feeds make Big Brother unique but so does it being on network TV 3 nights a week. This guy needs to just give it up
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:50 pm

This is now all but confirmed.  It has been reported by a much more reliable source that it will be 10 weeks long.  The thought process is that they will use big brother to attemet to launch the new Star Trek show that will be streaming only.  I think this is a bad idea.  How about focusing on better casting instead of gimmicks
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7438

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:39 am

ctown28 wrote:
This is now all but confirmed.  It has been reported by a much more reliable source that it will be 10 weeks long.  The thought process is that they will use big brother to attemet to launch the new Star Trek show that will be streaming only.  I think this is a bad idea.  How about focusing on better casting instead of gimmicks

First off, full disclosure: I am a star trek fan. To be clear I am NOT a TREKKIE, a Trekkie is someone who can tell you what was said 15 minutes into episode 444 and a fan is someone who watched the show and enjoyed it. If anything I am a proud Whovain...lol Wink

When is this 10 week season to start? Why are they streaming the Star Trek series online and not on television? And if it is going to be streaming why would anyone watch it?

If it is true them maybe it will be an attempt to make up for the fuck up of this and the last few seasons...lol

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:56 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

First off, full disclosure: I am a star trek fan. To be clear I am NOT a TREKKIE, a Trekkie is someone who can tell you what was said 15 minutes into episode 444 and a fan is someone who watched the show and enjoyed it. If anything I am a proud Whovain...lol Wink

When is this 10 week season to start? Why are they streaming the Star Trek series online and not on television? And if it is going to be streaming why would anyone watch it?

If it is true them maybe it will be an attempt to make up for the fuck up of this and the last few seasons...lol

Full story here ,

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-moves-fall-cbs-915090?utm_source=twitter

I'll keep it for the start, but if it's another shit season, I will cancel.  There is also a Good Wife spinoff coming as well.  Everyone is trying to get into the streaming game because of the growing popularity I'd sites like Netflix, but Netflix has way many more options and movies
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:48 pm

It is now officially confirmed by CBS:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-moves-fall-cbs-915090

They have also confirmed that Julie Chen will remain as the host (some speculation on social media was speculating Jeff would host the streaming version of the show.)

It has also confirmed that BB 20 will aire in its regular summer time on the network in 2017.

Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:38 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Full story here ,

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-moves-fall-cbs-915090?utm_source=twitter

I'll keep it for the start, but if it's another shit season, I will cancel.  There is also a Good Wife spinoff coming as well.  Everyone is trying to get into the streaming game because of the growing popularity I'd sites like Netflix, but Netflix has way many more options and movies

So if there is another season of bb it is going to be a stream only show?
(sorry I just don't want to read a long winded article when I can just get the answers from someone who has already read it...lol)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Naru wrote:

(sorry I just don't want to read a long winded article when I can just get the answers from someone who has already read it...lol)

Season 19 will be streaming only, Julie is still hosting and it will only be 10 weeks. Season 20 will return to CBS broadcast as normal for next summer
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:43 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:

Season 19 will be streaming only, Julie is still hosting and it will only be 10 weeks.  Season 20 will return to CBS broadcast as normal for next summer

You da bomb son! :thumbsup:

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:07 am

James Rhine made a great point on Dick at Nite tonight regarding this.  It can be a very good thing, with it being online only, perhaps this could get a good cast who isn't there to get Instagram and twitter followers and instead get people who actually play the game.

I'm still on the fence about the whole thing but will give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:48 am

ctown28 wrote:
James Rhine made a great point on Dick at Nite tonight regarding this.  It can be a very good thing, with it being online only, perhaps this could get a good cast who isn't there to get Instagram and twitter followers and instead get people who actually play the game.

Yeah, but why pay to see it online when you could watch it...somewhat free on t.v.?
Sound "sketch" to me...lol

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Yeah, but why pay to see it online when you could watch it...somewhat free on t.v.?
Sound "sketch" to me...lol

You aren't the first one to make this argument but it's a simple answer.  You CANT watch it for free on tv.  If you don't have all access, you miss out.  I know that sucks, especially for people in a financial situation where every penny matters.  I've been there before and know how it is, if there were a way to share I would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 19 to air this fall   

Back to top Go down

Big Brother 19 to air this fall
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1