Dick at Nite

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9585

PostSubject: Dick at Nite   Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:47 pm

I know some of you don't care for EDor some of his guests, but his show provides some great insight.  I'll be sharing what I get from each show here.

Last night, his guests were Mike Boogie, Austin Matelson and Audrey Middleton.  Audrey was not on long as she had to leave, but Boogie and Austin were on for the whole show.

This episode started off with a great question.  ED asked Boogie why he was the only person that elected not to hit the reset button on his season.  His answer was fabulous and shows that, like him or not, this guy knows Big Brother.  The reason was very simple.  There were 4 coaches and the rest new players.  Janelle had played twice before like himself.  Dan had won before like himself.  Britney is just Britney.  Anyhow here is the main reason.  Simple logic.  If they return to the game, they are outnumbered, but they may still get to the end.  But with all these new players, who would vote for him to win?  None of them.  They all had their chance before, especially him and Janelle with it being their third time in the game.  Being a a coach was a new dynamic for him and a new way to play the game.  He wanted to keep it that way.  Now I thought this was a perfect answer.  It also explains why the producers made it so that only one of them needed to push the button for the coaches to return, if it needed tobe unanimous, they wouldn't have entered.  Production had a read on that and decided to make it only one needed to.

They then got into what we talked about on another thread, too many jurors.  I think Ipretty much covered it all in that other thread.  One thing he added is that they need to change the payouts for it.  You get your weekly stipend for as long as you are in the house, but if you make jury (ths is under the 5 jurors format), you get a $10,000 bonus.  Make jury mean something and force these people to play the game.

Now comes what I'm sure you are all waiting for, his thoughts on Frank.  He prefaced this y stating that he doesn't like to play armchair Big Brother and dissect peoples games from his living room, but if he wsant going to do that, why come on the show.  He had talked to Frank before the season started and told him to NOTwin comps. To try and play a better socail game and not piss people off.  Frank did te exact opposite.  He was already known as a comp best from his season, so why validate that.  Winning roadkill was one thing, but then he made it a point to tell everyone he won it.  All in all, he does not like the game Frank is playing but does state that him being blindsided by Bronte leaving really humbled him and took him down a few notches.  Iagree with that 100%

They also talked about people being vilains and how fans ask him why he was such an asshole on the show.  Another great answer.  He was there to entertain and have fun.  When he gets these fans he asks them who their favorite player is, more often than not it is Jordan.  He then asks them how boring would the season be if the house just had 16 Jordans and no villains.  At this point, Dick and Boogie turned their focus to Austin and asked if he was trying to play a hero or a villain because they couldn't tell.  They proceeded to give him shit about the Judas persona.  Austin states that he had a chip on his shoulder with his recent realease from WWE and was trying to make a point, which in hindsight was stupid.  He really didn't want to focus on Judas after teh season started, but production was pushing him to and he really didn't know any better.

The rest was talk about general gameplay, who they like and don't like and some reminiscing.  Over all it was a great episode.  Hopefully ED will put up a free episode soon so you can take a look if you want to.  I'm sure there are some things I'm missing so feel free to ask anything specific you think they  may have talked about.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7350

PostSubject: Re: Dick at Nite   Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks for the information Ctown. It does lend some perspective. And he is right, we all like to have someone to hate on the show as well as someone to root for or it would be boring.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dick at Nite   Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Heres another thing I remembered about last nights show. Americas Favorite Player. The consensus was that it's time to get rid of it. It's run it's course, just like it had on Survivor when Survivor got rid of it. All you have now is players coming in and playing to win AFP. James won last year and is trying to win it again this year. And you have Frankie in his season, he was mugging for the cameras all season long trying to win AFP. The year before that, it goes to Rachels sister. The whole thing has become a joke. Especially since you now have people campaigning for it in social media. I agree with the sentiments 100%.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dick at Nite   Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:26 am

Dick finally has a free episode up. It's from a couple weeks ago and he has Vanessa and Austin on. Not one of the best ones but still informative. It was before Tiffany was evicted. You can view it here

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/dickatnitebb18

Scroll down until you see free. It's about an hour long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dick at Nite   

Back to top Go down

Dick at Nite
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1