View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10037

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:06 am

I was surprised to see this as a veto comp.  Last year it was an HOH comp that we actually got to watch play out on the feEd's. Why this was recycled to be a POV is anyone's guess.

CBS is really dropping the ball here, they should be making the cbs all access more desirable and show these things on there.  Now that season 19 will be on all access,why would you piss off your current audience.

Anyhoo, it's time to think about what to tomorrow's hoh comp will be.  2 weeks jowls they ended Thursdays show without an HOH, but they need to keep some quick ones for an incoming double eviction. I honestly have no idea what this one will be, the chicken wire one has to becoming soon, if they save that for the second hoh of a double evictiom, it won't be on the feeds and feeders will be pissed off again.  I think it's time to do something that will appease the feeders, especially now that they confirmed season 19 will be online only.  In fact, they should make that announcement on the live show tomorrow
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:30 pm

I was thinking about this too. I thought for sure it would be a quick comp, but they locked them down a day early and apparently they have been hearing some heavy building out in the yard. I don't see them locking them down that early if it is not an endurance comp and I am thinking it will be a "true" endurance comp with a wall or something of that nature. It is weird to have comps 3 weeks in a row without an HOH crowned at the end of the episode, but they have been shaking that kind of stuff up this season, so who knows. Hell they could surprise us tonight with a double eviction even though they didn't announce it to us on last night's show (not likely but COULD happen).

If it is an endurance comp, it could also be the slippery slide one, but with 9 people playing (10 if Day has the envelope) I think it is too many. They could do the chicken wire one since it doesn't take up as much space, but I don't think the setup would entail an extra day of lockdown.

Guess we will see tonight.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:15 pm

A lot of the HG's are expecting Zingobot to show up this week. I'm not so sure though. The "official" CBS Zingbot twitter account has been quiet all season long, I think they may actually move on and do away with Zingbot once and for all. TBH, I have no problem if it gets retired, the zings have been horrible the past couple seasons and this cast is really horrible as well. I don't think any of them would understand it.

Of course you never know, I thought last week was too early for OTEV, so I guess we will find out. Still waiting for the how bad do you want it veto as well
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:48 pm

I LOVE zingbot. It always causes people to be paranoid. Can you imagine the meltdown that Michelle will have if it something about a mean girl or a crybaby? I would like to hear one for Paulie being a total scumbag too, maybe he would cool his jets a bit. Vic would absolutely blow a gasket if they said something about him not be respectful to women (like Nat's goodbye message). He would be all over Nat for that one. Corey's should be about lack of comp wins. Nicole's should be about whining. I can't think of anything that might bother Paul quite frankly. Zak being a doormat would be a good topic. I can't really think of anything to say about Bridge either, unless it is about the cooking or something.

Like I said, I don't want to see zingbot end. But, it seems like too many people in the house for that to occur, but I could be wrong.

Like you, I would love to see the how bad do you want it veto. You can bet money that Paulie will either get drawn for veto or Zak will choose him if given a choice. She will expect him to use it. Now, he can't very well throw it because then she could win it and his little plan would go up in smoke. I could see him winning it and telling Zak that he can't use it because then Vic has to put up someone else which would piss Vic off and the person who has to go up and that she just needs to take her time on the block for a change. It would be great to see her in 24 hours of solitary confinement because her head would explode not being around Paulie.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:35 pm

We talked about what this comp might be and had said zingbot which would make it a puzzle style comp, but we forgot about a couple other staples that it may be, of course there is always the how bad do you want ir/reward punishment veto, and then there is the memory one where they need to memorize certain nuances on pics and arrange them the same way, so we shall see.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:50 am

ctown28 wrote:
We talked about what this comp might be and had said zingbot which would make it a puzzle style comp, but we forgot about a couple other staples that it may be, of course there is always the how bad do you want ir/reward punishment veto, and then there is the memory one where they need to memorize certain nuances on pics and arrange them the same way, so we shall see.

This would absolutely be a great time for the how bad do you want it comp. It would be great for Paulie to have one of those penalty things where he has to be kicked in the ass whenever the bell sounds or something like that. I believe Corey had that same one too. Especially if he had to do all that and still be evicted, yes, I would thoroughly enjoy it.

It would also be a great time for the comp with the prizes and the unitard. And if it is that one, I want Nat playing in the comp. She will not understand it and if she ever actually holds the veto she will be so excited until someone takes it from her and slaps her with the unitard instead. Or if she had a great prize and someone takes it from her. I am guessing she would cry and talk about everyone being mean to her. But ultimately if Paulie gets the unitard and has to be evicted in it, yes, that would be even better. Oh and Paul being in solitary confinement for 24 hours would make his head explode!

I would be good with any of these comps to be honest, but I would really love to hear some really good zings too because it would cause even more paranoia in the house than is already happening.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:21 am

Time for our weekly what will the comp be thread.  The hg's seem to think it will be a mental comp and I agree.  They thing it will be days or number of something but I disagree.  I think it will be the face morph or it will be the put the correct pics in order, like the one where they were all comic book characters
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:24 am

I was surprised that the HOH comp was the black box and the veto was memorizing the audio clips they played in the house last night. That is a flip flop of what they usually do as far as an HOH and a veto.

Now for the HOH comp this week, it almost has to be some sort of questions or something because they will have to have the battle back comp to have the returnee come in the house first and then the HOH, unless they are going to take the feeds down and the eviction is not live on Thursday so we get hosed once again!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:06 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I was surprised that the HOH comp was the black box and the veto was memorizing the audio clips they played in the house last night.  That is a flip flop of what they usually do as far as an HOH and a veto.  

Now for the HOH comp this week, it almost has to be some sort of questions or something because they will have to have the battle back comp to have the returnee come in the house first and then the HOH, unless they are going to take the feeds down and the eviction is not live on Thursday so we get hosed once again!

Actually I think the HOH comp is going to be some type of endurance where the battle back player that lasts longest will be the one to comeback in.

It was funny, yesterday I got into a twitter discuss on with Heather Luman, who is in charge of comps for big brother.  He kept telling me how 30% of comps this year are new.  I told him that means 70% are recycled, they need more new. He finally admitted he'd like to do more new but the  network won't let them spend the money for new and that the network prefers classics.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:13 am

I had an interesting conversation with Heather Luman, who is one of the Producers and is in charge of the comps.  Here is a transcript of out discussion on Twitter

So there you have it, he kept deflecting and then finally relented that the network is too cheap to let him do new comps.  As far as that black box being completely new,no it wasn't, it was the same exact concept, find things in the dark.  Just took an existing comp and altered it slightly.

Now to the slip slide one, I don't think we will see it this wek, but perhaps the following week, or they may end up making it a veto comp.

I agree that some of the classics should stay, the slop slide and OTE , but none of the others really jump out at me.  You have to do questions at some point, that is a given, especially for double evictions but I would still like them to shake things up more.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:02 pm

I guess that makes sense. If they don't HAVE to spend the money, why do it, right? But even shaking things up so they are not so predictable too. Like the ball pit veto comp they do at almost every single veto could be thrown into a different week. Or have it as an HOH comp instead when the numbers are down to 6. Just like I am sure we will see that push the peg through the maze veto comp in the next double eviction too.

I do agree they need to keep OTEV, slip n slide, the comic book comp and the spelling comp, they are the classics I do enjoy seeing. I also like the final veto where they scale a wall and put all the events in order.

Now that I think about it, they could easily take a page from Survivors play book and throw in some of the puzzles. They have to gather their pieces and put it together. Or one of those slide puzzles. Or the blocks where they only fit together one way and such. I wouldn't think there would be that much cost involved in those if they don't have the big obstacle courses or things like that they include in the Survivor type competitions.

Basically, just have some imagination and switch the shit up once in a while. Your idea of keeping them up all night with facts and then not using it until veto is a good shake up from the norm.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Tonights comp is confirmed to be an endurance type comp:

Question is, will it be a wall type thing or maybe the slip and slide one? I will say a wall type thing so they can put the returning player in it. If they wer to do a slip slide one, it may take even longer considering if the returning player doesn't win HoH, he/she would have to keep going after the HoH is won. Plus they usually have a side award prize in the slip and slide one, and that would be out of play for them. Although I would love it if they did the slip and slide one, and the returning player had to do the small one to get back in the game and only then could they start going for HoH
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:29 pm

I figured it would be an endurance because they were locked down so early and it makes sense it would be a the wall comp.

It would be great to use the slip n slide one to determine HOH and the returning juror, but unfortunately that would be too many people and require too many lanes. But, I had an idea how they could use this comp this week to determine HOH and the returning player. If they had 5 small bowls along side or in front of the large HOH bowl with the names of the potential returning hg's. The current hg's can fill the HOH bowl to go for HOH or fill the bowls of the potential returning jurors. Now this can be done in a couple of ways.

First option is that the current hg's can fill the HOH bowl to win HOH or they can fill the small bowls for the returning juror to ELIMINATE people from returning to the game. Once any bowl of a specific hg is full within any participants lane is filled, they are eliminated from being able to return to the house. If more than 1 returnee is left in contention at the end of the competition, the returnee with the least amount of fluid from all the bowls from all the lanes combined wins their way back into the house.

Second option is the same setup, but the hg can choose to fill a specific bowl to win that specific juror's place back in the game. If none are full at the end of the comp, the one with the most fluid combined comes back in.

This would make people show their cards by seeing if they go for their own safety (and that of their alliance/team) or choose to bring someone back into the game and possibly make themselves an immediate target by choosing to bring someone back that would piss everyone else off.

I like this because much like the final 2 people have to manage the jury upon evicting hg's as the season goes along, those who have went to jury are now judged on their game play as well.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Since we know from the schedule Ctown posted there isn't going to be a double eviction, but a fast forward instead. I wonder if they are going to throw the slip n slide HOH comp at them this Thursday? There would be 5 people competing for it and I don't think they have ever had it with fewer 6 people before, so I don't see it happening if it isn't this week. It is a classic comp and I would be upset if they cut that one out for sure.

If it is the slip n slide, Victor will win that hands down. I think James could give him a run for his money for a short period of time, but I believe that Victor would get the hang of it, find a rhythm and he is much more athletic than James for sure. I think Corey could be good at it if he could find a rhythm and use his long stride to slide down the hill, but more than likely he will be completely laughable like Derrick was in this comp. Nat is also someone who could do well, but I believe she would run out of energy before getting to the end of it. I really don't know how Paul would do. He is in pretty good shape, but not sure what kind of balance he has to be honest. If he sees Victor smoking it, he may just go for the money instead.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:49 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Since we know from the schedule Ctown posted there isn't going to be a double eviction, but a fast forward instead.  I wonder if they are going to throw the slip n slide HOH comp at them this Thursday?  There would be 5 people competing for it and I don't think they have ever had it with fewer 6 people before, so I don't see it happening if it isn't this week.  It is a classic comp and I would be upset if they cut that one out for sure.

If it is the slip n slide, Victor will win that hands down.  I think James could give him a run for his money for a short period of time, but I believe that Victor would get the hang of it, find a rhythm and he is much more athletic than James for sure.  I think Corey could be good at it if he could find a rhythm and use his long stride to slide down the hill, but more than likely he will be completely laughable like Derrick was in this comp.  Nat is also someone who could do well, but I believe she would run out of energy before getting to the end of it.  I really don't know how Paul would do.  He is in pretty good shape, but not sure what kind of balance he has to be honest.  If he sees Victor smoking it, he may just go for the money instead.

James will go for the money regardless. He's not there to play the game. He was even telling the other players earlier that he would be happy with just winning AFP. It's all he ever talks about anymore. I initially thought Nat might do well but that depends on if the issues with her back and neck flare up or not, if they do, she is done for
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:58 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Since we know from the schedule Ctown posted there isn't going to be a double eviction, but a fast forward instead.  I wonder if they are going to throw the slip n slide HOH comp at them this Thursday?  There would be 5 people competing for it and I don't think they have ever had it with fewer 6 people before, so I don't see it happening if it isn't this week.  It is a classic comp and I would be upset if they cut that one out for sure.

If it is the slip n slide, Victor will win that hands down.  I think James could give him a run for his money for a short period of time, but I believe that Victor would get the hang of it, find a rhythm and he is much more athletic than James for sure.  I think Corey could be good at it if he could find a rhythm and use his long stride to slide down the hill, but more than likely he will be completely laughable like Derrick was in this comp.  Nat is also someone who could do well, but I believe she would run out of energy before getting to the end of it.  I really don't know how Paul would do.  He is in pretty good shape, but not sure what kind of balance he has to be honest.  If he sees Victor smoking it, he may just go for the money instead.

James will go for the money regardless.  He's not there to play the game.  He was even telling the other players earlier that he would be happy with just winning AFP.  It's all he ever talks about anymore.  I initially thought Nat might do well but that depends on if the issues with her back and neck flare up or not, if they do, she is done for

It kind of depends on what Nat tells him to do. If she tells him he HAS to go for the HOH, he will do it. Or she will tell him she will give him a kiss if he wins so he will try in that case too. She told him that about the wall comp too, but truth be told, I believe that James was beginning to struggle in that comp and thought he might fall so he took the deal. He was really shaking a lot.

Now that I think about it, James and Nat will be playing hard for the HOH because Mich being evicted is going to be a shock to them. Nicole plans on telling James close to the live show. Nat was already talking today that it would be 3 against 1 (James, Nat, Mich versus Corey) because she plans to ask Vic to throw the HOH to them (yeah, that's going to happen). I guess Nicole's choice to keep Paul and Vic to work with just might have been a good decision.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:23 am

Unless she's in final 2 it's a horrible decision.  Why are you taking people you can't beat at the end.  At least with James and Nat she has a chance.  Let's say it getseems down to Victor, Paul and Nicole for final 3.  Who do you have a better chance of beating in parts 1 and/or 2?  I'll give you a hint, it's not Paul and Victor.  They are at the point when reading you need to start thinking end game.  But they are so worried about Doble eviction, which Corey won btw, that it's clouding judgement.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:12 am

ctown28 wrote:
Unless she's in final 2 it's a horrible decision.  Why are you taking people you can't beat at the end.  At least with James and Nat she has a chance.  Let's say it getseems down to Victor, Paul and Nicole for final 3.  Who do you have a better chance of beating in parts 1 and/or 2?  I'll give you a hint, it's not Paul and Victor.  They are at the point when reading you need to start thinking end game.  But they are so worried about Doble eviction, which Corey won btw, that it's clouding judgment.

Well round 1 is an endurance comp and depending on what it is, James would be just as hard to beat as Paul or Victor, maybe more so. Nicole did a pretty good job in the last endurance comp and since she is known to keep her word, all she has to do is outlast 1 of them and make a deal with the other to drop and promise to take them to the final 2 if she wins. Of course against either of them she is looking at second place, but at this point I don't think she could win against anyone in the final 2 except maybe Corey and that would be close because all those girls in the jury house hate her and I believe many of the votes this season will be based on likability. But something that could turn that around would be some crucial wins in these final weeks, and winning herself to the end even with Paul and Vic in the house.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:50 am

I have no idea what this week's hoh will be but I have a feeling if we don't see the slop slide thus week, it will not be on this season
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:40 am

ctown28 wrote:
I have no idea what this week's hoh will be but I have a feeling if we don't see the slop slide thus week, it will not be on this season

That would really suck if they eliminated that one!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:59 am

They hg's are not getting locked down until tomorrow, so not sure what that means as far as the comp is concerned. The late lockdown usually points to something simple, but I still have a feeling that they are going to throw another long comp at them like the slip n slide or maybe the egg/chicken wire thing. Looking at the schedule I don't see any other time for a long comp in the next few evictions, so I don't think they would have that many question type comps in a row.

What is funny is that the hg's are so SURE this comp is going to be the before/after question comp and they are all studying their brains out for it that I think it would be great to throw one of the comps mentioned above at them anyway. Or if production really wanted to mess them up, and they don't want to have a long one, they should do questions about current events outside the house (fact or fiction) that they have done in seasons past. This would be more of a crap shoot kind of thing to keep things up in the air.

I also thought they might have the ball/maze thing where they tilt the platform to move the ball down to a hole too. That is usually one they use for a DE, but since it looks like they are not having a second DE they may throw that at them too.

Moving forward I really hope the comic book veto comes up this week, cuz I really like that one too.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:59 am

chap5788 wrote:
They hg's are not getting locked down until tomorrow, so not sure what that means as far as the comp is concerned.  The late lockdown usually points to something simple, but I still have a feeling that they are going to throw another long comp at them like the slip n slide or maybe the egg/chicken wire thing.  Looking at the schedule I don't see any other time for a long comp in the next few evictions, so I don't think they would have that many question type comps in a row.  

What is funny is that the hg's are so SURE this comp is going to be the before/after question comp and they are all studying their brains out for it that I think it would be great to throw one of the comps mentioned above at them anyway.  Or if production really wanted to mess them up, and they don't want to have a long one, they should do questions about current events outside the house (fact or fiction) that they have done in seasons past.  This would be more of a crap shoot kind of thing to keep things up in the air.

I also thought they might have the ball/maze thing where they tilt the platform to move the ball down to a hole too.  That is usually one they use for a DE, but since it looks like they are not having a second DE they may throw that at them too.  

Moving forward I really hope the comic book veto comes up this week, cuz I really like that one too.

Production would be fools to give them before after since they are studying so hard for it. I prefer them to save before after until the very end.  If it were a ball maze type of think, don't they usually give them something to practice?  I think it may be the chicken wire thing.  I will be surprised if it's something where we know the new HOH at the end of the live show.  They seem to have gone away from that to try and drive up Sunday ratings, but that may no longer be the case now that the Olympics are over.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:53 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Production would be fools to give them before after since they are studying so hard for it. I prefer them to save before after until the very end.  If it were a ball maze type of think, don't they usually give them something to practice?  I think it may be the chicken wire thing.  I will be surprised if it's something where we know the new HOH at the end of the live show.  They seem to have gone away from that to try and drive up Sunday ratings, but that may no longer be the case now that the Olympics are over.

This statement is probably more of an argument FOR production giving them before/after. I mean why do something like throw the hg's a curve or something like that, right? Sarcastic

The more I think about it the more I believe it probably will be the chicken wire one. It is the only long one left that I can think of that would be a relatively short setup allowing for the shorter lock down time. And I think you called it Ctown, we aren't going to see the slip n slide this season and I am really bummed about that. It is one of the "staples" that I look forward to each season.

Still not sure who might actually be good at the chicken wire/egg comp. James has talked about it a few times in the last couple of weeks and sounded like he would like to see it, but he was evicted before that one happened (unless he practiced for it outside of the house or something). James has short stubby fingers, so I am not sure he would be very good at it.

Corey has long fingers, but for some reason I just don't see him having the patience for it. I have never really noticed Nat's fingers, but I would think she probably has relatively short fingers. But I think she has the patience to just keep trying and pushing for it. Vic will probably be pretty good at it. He does not get flustered easily and once he gets a technique, he could sail right through it. But his hands and fingers got pretty jacked up from that rope/disc comp and he still talks about them being really roughed up, so not sure if that would play into that. Paul is a guitar player and I think that could help him because the fingers are a little more coordinated.

All I can say is that would much rather see the slip n slide, but the chicken wire one is better than having before/after questions that they are all ready for. Oh, I just thought of something, since they are all well studied and well versed for this comp, it probably won't be the quick one production hopes for when they do questions comps so that is just another reason why they should not have that one.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Truth be told, it can still be the slip and slide one. They don't need a long lockdown to set that one up. The comp itself has no moving parts, it's basically laying down the floor and applying the soap and such. Setting up the containers is pretty simple as well. The ones that take long to set up are the ones like last week where the wall needs to move so they have to install the motors and such.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:49 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Truth be told, it can still be the slip and slide one.  They don't need a long lockdown to set that one up.  The comp itself has no moving parts, it's basically laying down the floor and applying the soap and such.  Setting up the containers is pretty simple as well.  The ones that take long to set up are the ones like last week where the wall needs to move so they have to install the motors and such.

I know it doesn't have the moving parts, but I wasn't sure how much went into building up he one end to make it incline in one direction and leveling that slope out. I truly hope it is the slip n slide, because it is one of my favorites (as if I have not mentioned this enough).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comp tracker   

Back to top Go down

Comp tracker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next