HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Battle Back

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Battle Back   Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:30 pm

I got to thinking about this. We know that the battle back competition will be on 7/22. A Friday night. So what remains to be seen is the Thursday 7/21 live eviction episode. Will they have an HoH comp or will it wait until after the battle back is done so whoever comes back can compete for HoH?

I'm sure most, if not all, of the battle back episode will be taped, but they can't send the person back in early unless they take the feeds down (that actually wouldn't surprise me Soap Box )

So if an HoH is crowned before hwoever comes back in, does that mean who comes back will be safe for the week since they didn't get to compete? If that's the case, I have a big problem with it. You were already evicted, are getting a second chance and now you get an extra week of safety? That is ridiculously unfair to all the players who have actually successfully played the game up to this point. Going back in the house should be reward enough, there shouldn't be an extra reward because you are already a target.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6451
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:11 pm

I have been trying to figure this one out too and I can't come up with a scenario that I actually like to be honest. I have a feeling your scenario about the feeds being down for an extended period of time is going to be a part of it which just pisses me off to no end. I also think giving them safety for the week is bogus as well.

They totally screwed this up. If they wanted to have a "special episode" for it, then they should have just made the 7/21 episode a 2-hour event instead.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6451
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:18 am

Naru posted on another thread something about the teams ending this week. James had speculated that teams would end this week and it will be a big "wall comp" with everyone playing for themselves. Maybe he is on to something here. How about this.

They have the regular eviction Thursday. HOH endurance comp begins and possibly goes for hours (with James it could be an all-nighter for sure). Right now they do the noms Friday morning and RK Friday afternoon. Couldn't they just delay the noms until after the Battle Back person comes in. The hg's would assume the delay is because they had an endurance comp and having to tear it down for the RK, but then the returnee comes back in and THEN nominations happen. Of course in this scenario since the returnee doesn't get to participate in HOH, they will probably have immunity, something Ctown and I will not be happy about.

Of course this probably won't be the way it is either because this would entail the feeds being cut out for less time.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:28 am

chap5788 wrote:
Naru posted on another thread something about the teams ending this week.  James had speculated that teams would end this week and it will be a big "wall comp" with everyone playing for themselves.  Maybe he is on to something here.  How about this.

They have the regular eviction Thursday.  HOH endurance comp begins and possibly goes for hours (with James it could be an all-nighter for sure).  Right now they do the noms Friday morning and RK Friday afternoon.  Couldn't they just delay the noms until after the Battle Back person comes in.  The hg's would assume the delay is because they had an endurance comp and having to tear it down for the RK, but then the returnee comes back in and THEN nominations happen.  Of course in this scenario since the returnee doesn't get to participate in HOH, they will probably have immunity, something Ctown and I will not be happy about.

Of course this probably won't be the way it is either because this would entail the feeds being cut out for less time.

I think the end of teams will also signal the end of the RK.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:51 am

Naru wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Naru posted on another thread something about the teams ending this week.  James had speculated that teams would end this week and it will be a big "wall comp" with everyone playing for themselves.  Maybe he is on to something here.  How about this.

They have the regular eviction Thursday.  HOH endurance comp begins and possibly goes for hours (with James it could be an all-nighter for sure).  Right now they do the noms Friday morning and RK Friday afternoon.  Couldn't they just delay the noms until after the Battle Back person comes in.  The hg's would assume the delay is because they had an endurance comp and having to tear it down for the RK, but then the returnee comes back in and THEN nominations happen.  Of course in this scenario since the returnee doesn't get to participate in HOH, they will probably have immunity, something Ctown and I will not be happy about.

Of course this probably won't be the way it is either because this would entail the feeds being cut out for less time.

I think the end of teams will also signal the end of the RK.

I don't care what the speculation is, until it is confirmed, that's all it is, is speculation. I'm not expecting roadkill to go anywhere until at least jury if not longer. It's still going to be interesting to see how they handle this thing.

Here would be the best way to do it. You announce the twist to the house on Thursdays live show. You then inform them that the HOH comp will not take place until after a player comes back and that it will start right when they come back. Now based on that, you make the Friday show a live show as well. Then you can use Saturday for noms and roadkill, Sunday for pov comp and catch things back up by keeping the veto meeting on monday.

Of course, I highly doubt it will happen that way as it makes toof much sense.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:55 am

Another thing I would have no problem with is play the HOH on Thursday as normal, do your nom ceremony on Friday as usual, play the roadkill competition as normal (they never know who wins anyhow), have them all look in their tacklebox, but every single one of them says loser. The returning player comes back in, you have the roadkill ceremony and big surprise, the 3rd nom is the person that just came back.

I know some of you won't like that as it makes it even harder for the returning player and they never got a chance to compete, but I disagree, a chance to come back in the game is something nobody left in the house has had or will have. Make it as tough as possible for him/her
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:57 am

ctown28 wrote:
Another thing I would have no problem with is play the HOH on Thursday as normal, do your nom ceremony on Friday as usual, play the roadkill competition as normal (they never know who wins anyhow), have them all look in their tacklebox, but every single one of them says loser.  The returning player comes back in, you have the roadkill ceremony and big surprise, the 3rd nom is the person that just came back.

I know some of you won't like that as it makes it even harder for the returning player and they never got a chance to compete, but I disagree, a chance to come back in the game is something nobody left in the house has had or will have. Make it as tough as possible for him/her

I don't think so because they will have a shot at POV. If they didn't win it then there you go. They had more then a chance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:09 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Another thing I would have no problem with is play the HOH on Thursday as normal, do your nom ceremony on Friday as usual, play the roadkill competition as normal (they never know who wins anyhow), have them all look in their tacklebox, but every single one of them says loser.  The returning player comes back in, you have the roadkill ceremony and big surprise, the 3rd nom is the person that just came back.

I know some of you won't like that as it makes it even harder for the returning player and they never got a chance to compete, but I disagree, a chance to come back in the game is something nobody left in the house has had or will have. Make it as tough as possible for him/her

I don't think so because they will have a shot at POV. If they didn't win it then there you go. They had more then a chance.

I wouldn't even have a problem if they weren't eligible for POV. But I don't think that would happen
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:00 pm

It is now confirmed that the live feeders get screwed by battle back, but no other info at this time as to how HoH will be played out.







Last edited by ctown28 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6451
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:07 am

I just knew we would get screwed. It will probably be an endurance HOH comp that we won't be able to watch live too, and like you have said countless times before that is one of the main reasons we have the feeds in the first place! Mad6

And by the way, your source needs to fix their graphic, it says 7/23 instead of 7/22.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:15 am

ctown28 wrote:
It is now confirmed that the live feeders get screwed by battle back, but no other info at this time as to how HoH will be played out.






Ctown.....can you fix this when you get the chance? Right now, and I don't think it is the same for everyone else but, for some reason when I look at it I get a bit crossed eyed and I can't see the complete comments. The bar to move it over to see the comments is on top of my taskbar and I can't get the darn thing to work. Thanks if you can, or when you can because I know you are a busy bunny and all.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:33 am

chap5788 wrote:

And by the way, your source needs to fix their graphic, it says 7/23 instead of 7/22.

The source is @hamsterwatch and @BigBrotherLeak, but it's not their graphic, that is a screen grab from the live feeds themselves. The mistake is on CBS' part. Hamsterwatch keeps a running tab on their mistakes like that, this one was #14
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:35 am

Naru wrote:


Ctown.....can you fix this when you get the chance? Right now, and I don't think it is the same for everyone else but, for some reason when I look at it I get a bit crossed eyed and I can't see the complete comments. The bar to move it over to see the comments is on top of my taskbar and I can't get the darn thing to work. Thanks if you can, or when you can because I know you are a busy bunny and all.

Is it better now? I wasn't happy with it initially as it elongated the browser, I shrunk it down a bit to fit on one page, but the text isn't as clear, but still readable
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6451
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:16 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

And by the way, your source needs to fix their graphic, it says 7/23 instead of 7/22.

The source is @hamsterwatch and @BigBrotherLeak, but it's not their graphic, that is a screen grab from the live feeds themselves.  The mistake is on CBS' part.  Hamsterwatch keeps a running tab on their mistakes like that, this one was #14

Well that figures. Not only do they screw us live feeders, but the can't even get their graphics right either!
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:02 am

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:


Ctown.....can you fix this when you get the chance? Right now, and I don't think it is the same for everyone else but, for some reason when I look at it I get a bit crossed eyed and I can't see the complete comments. The bar to move it over to see the comments is on top of my taskbar and I can't get the darn thing to work. Thanks if you can, or when you can because I know you are a busy bunny and all.

Is it better now?  I wasn't happy with it initially as it elongated the browser, I shrunk it down a bit to fit on one page, but the text isn't as clear, but still readable

Much better now I can reply without having to dictate to my brother what to write. (He's very happy by the way...lol)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:05 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

And by the way, your source needs to fix their graphic, it says 7/23 instead of 7/22.

The source is @hamsterwatch and @BigBrotherLeak, but it's not their graphic, that is a screen grab from the live feeds themselves.  The mistake is on CBS' part.  Hamsterwatch keeps a running tab on their mistakes like that, this one was #14

Well that figures.  Not only do they screw us live feeders, but the can't even get their graphics right either!

If we weren't such addicts then I would beg you all to save your money. All but Ctown that is. Not that he is richer then everyone else its just he is the top junkie here...lol And he gives a more concise picture of what is really said and done.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:13 am

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:


Ctown.....can you fix this when you get the chance? Right now, and I don't think it is the same for everyone else but, for some reason when I look at it I get a bit crossed eyed and I can't see the complete comments. The bar to move it over to see the comments is on top of my taskbar and I can't get the darn thing to work. Thanks if you can, or when you can because I know you are a busy bunny and all.

Is it better now?  I wasn't happy with it initially as it elongated the browser, I shrunk it down a bit to fit on one page, but the text isn't as clear, but still readable

Much better now I can reply without having to dictate to my brother what to write. (He's very happy by the way...lol)

Tell your brother he owes me $5!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:17 am

Naru wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

And by the way, your source needs to fix their graphic, it says 7/23 instead of 7/22.

The source is @hamsterwatch and @BigBrotherLeak, but it's not their graphic, that is a screen grab from the live feeds themselves.  The mistake is on CBS' part.  Hamsterwatch keeps a running tab on their mistakes like that, this one was #14

Well that figures.  Not only do they screw us live feeders, but the can't even get their graphics right either!

If we weren't such addicts then I would beg you all to save your money. All but Ctown that is. Not that he is richer then everyone else its just he is the top junkie here...lol   And he gives a more concise picture of what is really said and done.

I'm richer because I charge people's brothers $5!

I'm not sure what you mean by me giving a more concise picture. Chaps recaps and summaries have been spot on over the years. We both have feeds, but she uses rewind much more often than I do to see the way it really went down, I rely more on twitter feeds, which post small video snippets that aren't on YouTube so can't be taken down
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:26 am

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:


Ctown.....can you fix this when you get the chance? Right now, and I don't think it is the same for everyone else but, for some reason when I look at it I get a bit crossed eyed and I can't see the complete comments. The bar to move it over to see the comments is on top of my taskbar and I can't get the darn thing to work. Thanks if you can, or when you can because I know you are a busy bunny and all.

Is it better now?  I wasn't happy with it initially as it elongated the browser, I shrunk it down a bit to fit on one page, but the text isn't as clear, but still readable

Much better now I can reply without having to dictate to my brother what to write. (He's very happy by the way...lol)

You'll have to take your spot in line he owes me a hell of alot more then 5$...lol
Tell your brother he owes me $5!  

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:29 am

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

And by the way, your source needs to fix their graphic, it says 7/23 instead of 7/22.

The source is @hamsterwatch and @BigBrotherLeak, but it's not their graphic, that is a screen grab from the live feeds themselves.  The mistake is on CBS' part.  Hamsterwatch keeps a running tab on their mistakes like that, this one was #14

Well that figures.  Not only do they screw us live feeders, but the can't even get their graphics right either!

If we weren't such addicts then I would beg you all to save your money. All but Ctown that is. Not that he is richer then everyone else its just he is the top junkie here...lol   And he gives a more concise picture of what is really said and done.

I'm richer because I charge people's brothers $5!

I'm not sure what you mean by me giving a more concise picture.  Chaps recaps and summaries have been spot on over the years.  We both have feeds, but she uses rewind much more often than I do to see the way it really went down, I rely more on twitter feeds, which post small video snippets that aren't on YouTube so can't be taken down

So basicly I was sucking up to the wrong person waiting in that case finger  (just kidding I know you got everyone under your control hypnotize and that is the reason I am sent to the dungeon so often because you have no control over me.... Devil Snicker .....unless you have cookies that is?.......lol)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Another reason to assume the feeds will be down from Thursday through the Friday night episode. When looking at the live guide for POPTV, BBAD is not listed in the normal midnight time slot between the two shows. Pro Wrestling is listed instead.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:13 am

ctown28 wrote:
Another reason to assume the feeds will be down from Thursday through the Friday night episode.  When looking at the live guide for POPTV, BBAD is not listed in the normal midnight time slot between the two shows.  Pro Wrestling is listed instead.

I have it for Friday, (11pm centeral time) so it is a full 24 hours down right? All I have to say is......SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6451
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:56 am

I don't think I could even watch this show without having the feeds. My husband has been laughing at me bitching about even the PROSPECT of not having access to the feeds for that 24 hour period. Yes, I am an addict when it comes to that. But, this is my summer guilty pleasure. The rest of the year I am a perfectly sane person................at least I tell myself I am!

Wink
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:37 am

chap5788 wrote:
I don't think I could even watch this show without having the feeds.  My husband has been laughing at me bitching about even the PROSPECT of not having access to the feeds for that 24 hour period.  Yes, I am an addict when it comes to that.  But, this is my summer guilty pleasure.  The rest of the year I am a perfectly sane person................at least I tell myself I am!

Wink

Sure sign of split personality.....lol :raspberries:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:31 am

chap5788 wrote:
I don't think I could even watch this show without having the feeds.  My husband has been laughing at me bitching about even the PROSPECT of not having access to the feeds for that 24 hour period.  Yes, I am an addict when it comes to that.  But, this is my summer guilty pleasure.  The rest of the year I am a perfectly sane person................at least I tell myself I am!

Wink

I mostly use the feeds for endurance comps and when nothing else is on tv. If I'm at home and see on my twitter feed that something is heating up, I'll turn it on. But just the fact that they take them down irritates me. And we really would have no recourse to demand money back, I haven't read the terms and agreements but I guarantee there's something in there about it, plus since they took over the feeds themselves, CBS can just claim you are paying for All Access and there is plenty of content room choose from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Battle Back   

Back to top Go down
 
Battle Back
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gerard Butler came back to Belgrade, but was not reported to any girl
» Helmuth's Strongholds Battle for Arnhem ruined house 2
» Crikey! Back issues
» 2 Mordheim battle reports
» "Look Back To Yesterday"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 18 (2016) :: Big Brother 18: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: