Share | 

Guess the comp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6451

PostSubject: Guess the comp   Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Since there is nothing of any entertainment value going on in the house, I thought I would start this thread. What kind of comp will we see this week for HOH?

We have had a mini endurance (berry/log) and a crap shoot, so I am thinking it could be a puzzle or skill type comp. I thought possibly the knockout comp, but I don't think they have had enough comps for that yet. I don't think it will be a full on endurance because I think that is going to be tied in with the battle back week.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8837

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:46 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Since there is nothing of any entertainment value going on in the house, I thought I would start this thread.  What kind of comp will we see this week for HOH?

We have had a mini endurance (berry/log) and a crap shoot, so I am thinking it could be a puzzle or skill type comp.  I thought possibly the knockout comp, but I don't think they have had enough comps for that yet.  I don't think it will be a full on endurance because I think that is going to be tied in with the battle back week.  

Any thoughts?

We haven't had any questions comps yet either, so I am thinking that is the way they will go with it.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:05 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Since there is nothing of any entertainment value going on in the house, I thought I would start this thread.  What kind of comp will we see this week for HOH?

We have had a mini endurance (berry/log) and a crap shoot, so I am thinking it could be a puzzle or skill type comp.  I thought possibly the knockout comp, but I don't think they have had enough comps for that yet.  I don't think it will be a full on endurance because I think that is going to be tied in with the battle back week.  

Any thoughts?

We haven't had any questions comps yet either, so I am thinking that is the way they will go with it.

Oh you are right, they haven't had questions. But do they have enough material to do a question comp? I guess they could keep them up all night with voices or show them some pictures to memorize. You know you are probably right that it will be that because that is a comp that Frank could win for himself and we know that Grodner will want him safe. Everyone else will be so desperate to win it, they could screw themselves and that would really suck.

But on the bright side if it is memorizing things, Day is very, very good at that type of stuff, if the pressure doesn't get to her that is. Of course who people study the information with would be a dead give away if they try to exclude Frank from their groups.

Ctown, you rained on my parade because I was trying to think of a team concept type of comp where Paulie and Michelle could throw it, so Frank isn't safe, but again, you are probably right and I will be pissed off come Thursday night.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:28 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Any thoughts?

Oh you are right, they haven't had questions.  But do they have enough material to do a question comp?  I guess they could keep them up all night with voices or show them some pictures to memorize.  You know you are probably right that it will be that because that is a comp that Frank could win for himself and we know that Grodner will want him safe.  Everyone else will be so desperate to win it, they could screw themselves and that would really suck.

But on the bright side if it is memorizing things, Day is very, very good at that type of stuff, if the pressure doesn't get to her that is.  Of course who people study the information with would be a dead give away if they try to exclude Frank from their groups.  

Ctown, you rained on my parade because I was trying to think of a team concept type of comp where Paulie and Michelle could throw it, so Frank isn't safe, but again, you are probably right and I will be pissed off come Thursday night.

AL but confirmed to be questions feeds were down for a bit and when they came back they were talking about a series of pictures they were shown
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Well, this should be right up Day's alley, but I still think she is one who cracks under pressure of the live show at comp time. Not sure why because she is usually a pretty confident person. I would like to see her win though especially since it looks like that group of 5 is planning on keeping her and James out of the loop on the vote. Frank will be her target for sure, but others will be a little restless in the process and they deserve to be.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:22 am

Next up, POV comp. Ctown has already speculated it will be the dice comp and Paulie side of the house has said they were going to work on how to do it in the HOH room later.

I am thinking this would be the perfect time for the penalty/prize POV or the "how bad do you want it" POV. I would LOVE to see Tiffany or Corey be stuck in a unitard. Frank in a unitard or a stupid costume would be very entertaining too, but I am not sure he would go that far to win a veto to pull Tiffany off. He might want to try to win it to try to have some leverage to get back in good graces with some people by not using it or taking Corey down or something.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:29 am

chap5788 wrote:
Next up, POV comp.  Ctown has already speculated it will be the dice comp and Paulie side of the house has said they were going to work on how to do it in the HOH room later.  

I am thinking this would be the perfect time for the penalty/prize POV or the "how bad do you want it" POV.  I would LOVE to see Tiffany or Corey be stuck in a unitard.  Frank in a unitard or a stupid costume would be very entertaining too, but I am not sure he would go that far to win a veto to pull Tiffany off.  He might want to try to win it to try to have some leverage to get back in good graces with some people by not using it or taking Corey down or something.  

Thoughts?

Doesn't penalty/prize usually come after jury? I'm certain they will set something g for Tiffany to have an edge. Then they won't care who wins the battle back and it may actually be legit. Let's face it, the battle back was put in place in the event a vet or sib gets evicted early
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6702

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:07 am

chap5788 wrote:
Next up, POV comp.  Ctown has already speculated it will be the dice comp and Paulie side of the house has said they were going to work on how to do it in the HOH room later.  

I am thinking this would be the perfect time for the penalty/prize POV or the "how bad do you want it" POV.  I would LOVE to see Tiffany or Corey be stuck in a unitard.  Frank in a unitard or a stupid costume would be very entertaining too, but I am not sure he would go that far to win a veto to pull Tiffany off.  He might want to try to win it to try to have some leverage to get back in good graces with some people by not using it or taking Corey down or something.  

Thoughts?

Frank has said that he wanted to win POV in order to quote "Take those young bucks down a peg or two." Was he saying that to give Tiffany lip service? I don't know without seeing the diary room stuff.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:07 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Thoughts?

Doesn't penalty/prize usually come after jury? I'm certain they will set something g for Tiffany to have an edge.  Then they won't care who wins the battle back and it may actually be legit.  Let's face it, the battle back was put in place in the event a vet or sib gets evicted early

Why are you asking me that question Ctown? You know I don't remember that stuff as well as you do!

I am not sure if they will try to give Tiff an edge or Frank an edge since she is wanting to choose him. Of course they can't be sure he will be chosen, but I would bet money that DR would LOVE to see Frank actually win the veto and save Tiff from the block. The problem is that Day is going to be the replacement because of her apparent closeness to Frank and she doesn't even know it. So one of the votes they are hoping to have against Corey (or Nat if Frank changes his mind) was going to be Day.

The dice comp would probably be a good choice because Tiffany could win it by the strategy aspect that she has apparently mastered. But it also takes a bit of physical prowess to push that dice box around quickly and Paulie will be playing in that comp for sure. He is a pretty smart guy (general intelligence not game intelligence) and I believe that his athleticism would beat her in that comp. You can bet that Tiff will also be making Frank study that stuff too, so that would be a good choice.

Nicole mentioned the running back and forth keeping a ball from falling off veto comp and that Corey would be good at that one because of his long arms and legs. But, Frank would also be good at that and Tiffany and Natalie would have absolutely NO CHANCE in that one for sure.

I guess I just wanted to see the penalty/prize or the "how bad do you want it" comps because there are several people I would love to see in costumes and/or other penalties like tied together, chum baths, spray tanning, 24-hour random tennis shoe kicks to the ass, just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Actually they have had reward/penalty comps before jury, remember Brittany having to do the penalty kicks even though she knew she was going to be evicted.  Then there was Kristen who was voted out in a unitard, so it has happened.

All the HG's are expecting the dice comp, so I think it would be stupid to throw that one at them, this is two weeks in a row they are all practicing it.  Day and Paul got picked to play in veto, I'll put that in a separate veto thread.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:01 pm

chap5788 wrote:

Thoughts?

Take a look at this tweet from Ian Terry:

@TulaneTerry wrote:
Todays Veto should be the Yankee Swap (Week 4, even # season), but Bridge not playing because of her injury makes me lean toward dice

The Yankee Swap is the reward/punishment type of thing, but I don't get his comment about Bridgette, so what if she is hurt, if she got picked to play and cannot compete, then she forfeits, it would be no different when Jocasta couldn't play in her season and Donny happened to win to save her.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:09 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Thoughts?

@TulaneTerry wrote:
Todays Veto should be the Yankee Swap (Week 4, even # season), but Bridge not playing because of her injury makes me lean toward dice

The Yankee Swap is the reward/punishment type of thing, but I don't get his comment about Bridgette, so what if she is hurt, if she got picked to play and cannot compete, then she forfeits, it would be no different when Jocasta couldn't play in her season and Donny happened to win to save her.

Ian did go back and correct himself, noting that they played the dice comp in Jocastas season, with her being out. Evel Dick made a great point though, when it gets this predictable, you need to change something up.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:57 pm

ctown28 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Thoughts?

@TulaneTerry wrote:

Ian did go back and correct himself, noting that they played the dice comp in Jocastas season, with her being out.  Evel Dick made a great point though, when it gets this predictable, you need to change something up.

I agree, shake it up. How about throwing the hold/fold comp since they have not practiced it to make arrangements who is going to hold and who is going to fold and such. That would be a good one to choose out of the clear blue. I know they might guess when they walk out there, but they don't get much time to bring their group together in order to figure out who is doing what.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:32 am

So what is the next HOH comp going to be? I was kind of hoping it would be an endurance comp because I am guessing James would win that one hands down, and he has been excluded from so many deals and alliances in the house, there is no telling what the hell he would end up doing. I know he wants Paul out because he sees how Paul is the spy of the house and he has said for 2 weeks now that people are going to just keep overlooking him until suddenly he is in the finals, but not sure if he would go with that right now or not.

I could see him putting up Frank and Bridgette together, but I could also see him put up Nicole and Corey. I know he supposedly has some new deal with Paulie that includes Corey by extension, but I believe that might have been to try to mask what he might really be up to.

But I am not sure they would have the endurance comp the same week they are having someone come back. That would be a bunch of stuff to edit and cram into Sunday's show even with the Friday special episode.

So, my guess is that they may be having the knockout with questions. This is one that really shows people's cards of who they are trying to block from winning HOH, so it would be a good time to have it right after all this shake up in the house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess the comp   

Back to top Go down

Guess the comp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1