Share | 

Live Feed Censorship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7350

PostSubject: Live Feed Censorship   Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:29 pm

Production seems hell bent on screwing up the purpose of the live feeds for us. We get 4 camera shots at a time to choose from, but in essence it is only 2 because cameras 1 and 2 are on one room and cameras 2 and 3 are on another. Hell sometimes they put all 4 camera shots on the same damn room.

Since they are not giving us anything in the way of DR's except for Frank's synopsis of all the events and then stupid crap about flirtmances/showmances, we need to rely on what we see on the feeds. Things like finding out a person's true allegiance when you see them have opposing views when talking to different people. Sometimes you can figure it out by the tone and what they share, but sometimes it is not as evident. DR's SHOULD be used to share that information with us (and not just Frank's views), but that is not happening.

Frank does a camera talk daily. He gives shout outs to his mom and his nanna and other people in his family. He says he hopes he is no embarrassing them. He tells them the game is going well and he is coasting and so on, and once in a while gives a bit of insight on his next target, but it is usually just to toot his own horn.

Day and James also camera talk to family, but they will also kind of let us know what they are thinking. After some conversations, Day will turn to the camera and let us know that she was just playing someone and sometimes she will tell what her plans are going forward and what she is thinking, but most of the time it is cut short. James will also do the same thing, but he is not as specific.

Nicole also camera talks but hers is almost more like she is thinking things out by talking about them out loud. Last night a bunch of people were sitting outside trashing Frank and she realized when they went inside she walked away to the hammock that Frank really isn't throwing her name around, so maybe it might be best for her not to target Frank (which made me cringe). But then she said if she actually kept her final 2 with Frank that would mean they would have to get rid of Bridgette and Corey and she is not necessarily............feeds switch to inside the house watching Bridgette eat hummus. Later Corey goes outside to join her and of course she isn't going to camera talk then. She did talk with him about what they should do next, but again this is going to be colored by the fact she is discussing it with him.

So tell me what is the purpose of cutting that camera feed off of Nicole who was out there for probably another 5 or 10 minutes before Corey came out just so we could watch Bridgette eat chips and hummus? The only reason is that production doesn't want US to know what is going on and it pisses me off. They do this every season, but I think it is worse this season than it has ever been before. Or, maybe I am just noticing it more because they are giving us more nonsense DR's than anything else. Add to this the fact that the live feeds didn't come back on until that berry comp was over which in essence was the first "endurance" comp of the season that we could watch, and I am not a happy camper to say the least.

He BB production............................ cmer punch
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9585

PostSubject: Re: Live Feed Censorship   Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Good DR's are aa thing of the past. On last nights Dick at Nite they were talking about it. Austin from last season was on and he was explaining how they try to feed players lines and if they refuse, production gets mad at them. Production also tips them off as to whats happening in the house. He was not as blindsided by Vanessa as you think, he was tipped off because in his DR's, production kept steering the converstation back to Vanessa. He also stated the DR was trying to get him to say he wanted Julia out so he could be alone with Liz. He refused to do so and they didn't like it.

I know many don't care for Austin, or Dick, but it really is a good show, people are so much different outside of the house when the paranoia isn't there and they can speak openly. Wednesday, Boogie will be on, which I'm really looking forward to since the main topic of discussion will be Frank. I know if Boogie tries to defend Franks actions, Dick will call him out on it. One thing about it, is it's not a shock value type of show, many people expect to see Dick the way he played his season. While he may be brash and not hold things back, he's not an outright ass when talking to his guests. The only time I've seen him become hostile waswith Zach Rance last year, but Zach deserved t the way he was trashing all the other guests. Dick at Nite is not Big Brother and doesn't pretend to be, it's just a group of people discussing the show and offering their opinions. There is usually one free episode there a year so I will let everyone know when that is up and you can judge for yourself. Each episode is about an hour long
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Live Feed Censorship   Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Unfortunately Ctown, I have to agree about the DR's, but it still pisses me off anyway. And we have known for a long time that the DR tips people off to what is going on in the house by the questions they ask. That is why the vets seems to figure some scenarios out without actually seeing it happen around them, while newbies tend to cave in to the power of suggestion a bit more on any given season.

The show sounds interesting to me. I don't have to like someone or agree with everything they say and do to be interested in what insight they might provide. Dick was a complete and total asshole, jerk and many other adjectives that would fit him. But what I respected about him is that he didn't try to be something he is not in the game. He played his part and played his game on his own terms. Love him, hate him, it didn't matter to him in the least.

As far as Austin is concerned, I might like to hear his insight, but he is just a bit weird for my tastes. His insights into the DR manipulation and such would be something I would like to hear, but I can't imagine his insights to the game itself being much of a revelation. There is just something about him that creeps me out and he always seemed to spout what others told him in the game as his own ideas and thoughts rather than his own. But that being said, I would still have watched it.

Please post what Boogie has to say in Wednesday night's episode. I would really be interested in it. I can't stand Boogie either, but when he was at the finale and sang Ian's praises for what he had accomplished, I had to give him credit.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Live Feed Censorship   Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:52 pm

I will definitely post what he has to say. Apparently he will be on either Wed or Thurs BB show on CBS as well.

The thing that is amazing about Dicks show is that the guests are no longer playing characters, they are just themselves and you get a much better glimpse as to wat kind of person they are. A perfect example is Mr Pectacular, when he was on last season I sort of cringed but then when the show actually aired I was surprised at how level headed and knowledgeable he is once he stepped out of the character he tries to portray when on BB.

I used to not like Dick as well, but lst year when he put up his free episode, I was intrigued and watched it, from then on I decided to buy it. It's $20 for the season. He does shows for Survivor as well for $10 a season, but those arean't as interesting since there is no live feeds and they can only comment on the edits that are shown.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Live Feed Censorship   Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:56 pm

I wondered when Boogie would be making an appearance on the BB episode, because it was sure to come. I wonder if he will be the "in house" personality on that episode or if he will be like he was at the finale of the coaches season. I am actually looking forward to that too.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Live Feed Censorship   Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:25 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I wondered when Boogie would be making an appearance on the BB episode, because it was sure to come.  I wonder if he will be the "in house" personality on that episode or if he will be like he was at the finale of the coaches season.  I am actually looking forward to that too.  

It's already been filmed so it is definitely not an in house, thing. Will probably be like the family interviews type of thing where he gives his thoughts. It's no secret him and Julie don't really care for each other much so I'm sure that's why its not a live interview with Julie on Thursday
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Live Feed Censorship   Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:45 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
I wondered when Boogie would be making an appearance on the BB episode, because it was sure to come.  I wonder if he will be the "in house" personality on that episode or if he will be like he was at the finale of the coaches season.  I am actually looking forward to that too.  

It's already been filmed so it is definitely not an in house, thing.  Will probably be like the family interviews type of thing where he gives his thoughts.  It's no secret him and Julie don't really care for each other much so I'm sure that's why its not a live interview with Julie on Thursday

Oh I didn't mean he would actually go into the house, I meant the personality he portrays in the house or the personality and calm demeanor he showed at the finale of the coaches season. Sending him into the house to host a comp or something like that would be like sending Cody or Vanessa into the house, just too much chance for outside influence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live Feed Censorship   

Back to top Go down

Live Feed Censorship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1