Corey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6702

PostSubject: Corey   Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:34 am

Can someone please tell me why this guy is such a threat?

Mon 2:31 AM BBT Corey doesn't understand how double eviction works: "So if I'm HOH, I'm safe for both evictions?"

:facepalm:
We also needed a thread for him and I can't remember if we made one or not. LOL affraid

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6451

PostSubject: Re: Corey   Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:58 am

He is supposedly a physical threat, but I have to admit I haven't really seen it yet. Nicole is doing her best to lead him through this game, but he is very influenced by Paulie too. It is kind of funny to watch him have a conversation with Nicole and then he takes that information and goes to Paulie like it was his own original thought. Sometimes it is to protect that she told him, but most of the time he is trying to look game smart about it. Then he will do the same thing with Paulie's ideas. He will talk to Nicole about them and she will either agree with him or tell him why it would be bad for their game.

As far as game knowledge he is limited and like I said Nicole and Paulie have been schooling him on the game. He is not as completely clueless as the spy girls, but right now he is a lump of clay to be molded and used by Nicole and Paulie, and if he ever has to make a choice between the 2 of them, not sure which way he will go.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8837

PostSubject: Re: Corey   Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Well Corey continues to do stupid things. Why on earth would you go on a show like this and use the word faggot?

https://twitter.com/BBSmokebomb/status/753553601193095168

That link contains a video
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6702

PostSubject: Re: Corey   Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:12 pm

What the hell is up with his eyes? Has anyone noticed his eyes seem like they are wide open in surpise all the time. At first I thought it was just me but over time, and the fact that when he is surprised about something his eyes go to a new level of optical expantion, I realized he always had that mixed look on his face. You know the one I am talking about....the "Just pumped the neighbors cat....slash....Deer in the head lights." look.
:raspberries:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Corey   Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:58 pm

I didn't hear it myself but saw it on Jokers and I thought to myself, how dumb can you be? Well, it was talked about before he went into the house that he had made comments like that on social media before and got into trouble about it. Just shows that no matter how much you try to cover up behavior like this, it WILL come out to the light of day at some point. He will more than like lose his job coaching baseball and he deserves it.

His behavior around Jozea when Jozea was kind of flirting with him when he was in the house made me think he just might be in the closet. You know they say that some people use language like that in order to cover something like that up. But, regardless, he is an idiot and will pay the price for it when he leaves the house that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corey   Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:54 pm

When I saw all his tweets using that language I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt as they were old tweets. Now I will admit that I used that term myself in the distant past. Now I'm not one to give into political correctness, but I can change views and such. Since that time I have grown and became friends with many in the gay community. I learned just because it was acceptable then, doesn't mean it is now. In fact, the last time I used the word faggot was about 12 years ago when I was in England where fag is a term they use for cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Corey   Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:59 pm

ctown28 wrote:
When I saw all his tweets using that language I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt as they were old tweets.  Now I will admit that I used that term myself in the distant past.  Now I'm not one to give into political correctness, but I can change views and such.  Since that time I have grown and became friends with many in the gay community.  I learned just because it was acceptable then, doesn't mean it is now.  In fact, the last time I used the word faggot was about 12 years ago when I was in England where fag is a term they use for cigarettes.

I also used to use that term many years ago and sometimes I think people are too sensitive nowadays about things. But that is a hot button word and to say it on a national TV with the casualness he did it with, is just plain stupid. We had this talk a few seasons ago with the racist comments that sometimes people are used to using certain terms but are not actually racist or homophobic or whatever, but again, this is just stupidity and shouldn't be a part of everyday language no matter what the context or intent is behind it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Corey   Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:20 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
When I saw all his tweets using that language I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt as they were old tweets.  Now I will admit that I used that term myself in the distant past.  Now I'm not one to give into political correctness, but I can change views and such.  Since that time I have grown and became friends with many in the gay community.  I learned just because it was acceptable then, doesn't mean it is now.  In fact, the last time I used the word faggot was about 12 years ago when I was in England where fag is a term they use for cigarettes.

I also used to use that term many years ago and sometimes I think people are too sensitive nowadays about things.  But that is a hot button word and to say it on a national TV with the casualness he did it with, is just plain stupid.  We had this talk a few seasons ago with the racist comments that sometimes people are used to using certain terms but are not actually racist or homophobic or whatever, but again, this is just stupidity and shouldn't be a part of everyday language no matter what the context or intent is behind it.

I remember that discussion and still stand by original view, that they are just words in the grand scheme of things. Yes it is completely stupid to say such things on this show when you are being scrutinized for everything. I honestly don't think he meant anything derogatory with it and just has an ignorant viewpoint. He needs to be educated. Now does he deserve to lose his job over it? Hell no.

They talked about this on Dick at Nite last night with Spencer Clawson being on (Boogie couldn't make it so Spencer filled in) and it took him over two years to get a job because of the back lash over his child molesting joke. Dick even called him out on it, the point being that while the joke was in no way funny and in extremely poor taste, it was obvious he was joking and didn't deserve to have his life ruined over it. But this is the day and age we live im. If you are going to be on this show, do your research on it. Unlike other shows like survivor, the public is privy to every single thing you do and not just the edits. It's one of the reasons I stopped applying for the show. Now that I actually like my job, I 1 don't want that in jeopardy if I have a brain fart and say something stupid.

Now I know I've made comments in the past, even at the start of this thread, that action Ned's to be taken regarding things they say, but that's nothing more than venting. People take it too far and actually contact players bosses and shit. That's uncalled for.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Corey   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:03 am

ctown28 wrote:
I remember that discussion and still stand by original view, that they are just words in the grand scheme of things.  Yes it is completely stupid to say such things on this show when you are being scrutinized for everything.  I honestly don't think he meant anything derogatory with it and just has an ignorant viewpoint.  He needs to be educated.  Now does he deserve to lose his job over it?  Hell no.

They talked about this on Dick at Nite last night with Spencer Clawson being on (Boogie couldn't make it so Spencer filled in) and it took him  over two years to get a job because of the back lash over his child molesting joke.  Dick even called him out on it, the point being that while the joke was in no way funny and in extremely poor taste, it was obvious he was joking and didn't deserve to have his life ruined over it.  But this is the day and age we live im.  If you are going to be on this show, do your research on it.  Unlike other shows like survivor, the public is privy to every single thing you do and not just the edits.  It's one of the reasons I stopped applying for the show.  Now that I actually like my job, I 1 don't want that in jeopardy if I have a brain fart and say something stupid.

Now I know I've made comments in the past, even at the start of this thread, that action Ned's to be taken regarding things they say, but that's nothing more than venting.  People take it too far and actually contact players bosses and shit.  That's uncalled for.

In this situation he is coaching teenage boys and he has made the comments on his social media previously for which he got in trouble for and then he comes on this show and does it again. This makes me wonder just how he talks with his baseball players when not on camera or in earshot of parents. So in this case, I believe that losing his job might be appropriate. It is not his bread and butter job anyway, he does it on the side. I am thinking of it as a mother of 2 grown sons and how I would feel if my son was on that baseball team right now and I saw this information coming out for the second time. If you are going to have a job in this capacity, you have to be more cognizant of what you say. I am not saying ruin his life over it, but because of the nature of his position, I do believe it would be appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corey   

Back to top Go down

Corey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1