Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7877

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

I have to say I am intrigued by the new season, but things get quite busy for me in the fall and I am not sure if I will have time to devote to what is going on like I do in the summer.  I still hope they have the regular show back next summer, but come up with a new formula for casting (get rid of the old cookie cutter character roles) and change shit up with DE's that are not on a regular schedule as they have been, and more endurance comps WITH THE FEEDS ON for us to watch.  

Big Brother 19 and 20 have already been confirmed for the next two summers to air on CBS so no worries there, as far a new formula, don't hold your breath.  They really need to reformat.  Start with the casting team and go all the way up to production, include Grodner and Meehan

Glad to hear it! And I could not agree with your assessment more. Here's a novel idea, they are so sold on having America vote for shit, how about during this online season having the fans vote on things like this:

1. Would you like to see the road kill twist return?
2. Would you like to see more endurance comps?
3. Do you like seeing pre-jury or jury members have a chance to compete to return to the game?
4. Would you like to see more double evictions?
5. Should have-nots be chosen by the HOH, by comps or tied to their place eliminated in the HOH comp?
6. Do you like puzzle type twists (like call Paris) where the hg's have to figure out puzzles or clues within the house?

Then...........here's the kicker............actually examine the data received from those votes not just assume they KNOW what the fans want.

Or how about reaching out to past players like Evel Dick, Derrick, Dan or Dr. Will and ask them how the game could be shaken up to throw curves at the hg's. Something that they feel would have messed up their best laid plans while in the house................something UNEXPECTED! Or search out some bloggers out there or sites like this one where actual fans talk about what would make the game better and then USE that information.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2077

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:24 pm

ctown28 wrote:

This is the reason that I am cautiously optimistic about this upcoming online only season (It's called Big Brother : Over The Top and starts 9/28).

Because of the fact that it wont be on network TV, I think that will detract from the people trying to get famous and go after social media followers, instead we may get some actual game players.

Oh, not me!! No one seems to watch regular TV anymore, you know, more and more people are "cutting the cord". So I think more Millennials and such will actually watch this show online... I think that this new cast will gear towards those people who are obsessed with You Tube and Social media stars like Tyler Oakley, PewDiePie, etc...

More and more people are trying to get famous through social media. I mean look at everyone desperately trying to get their shit to go viral. So I honestly think CBS is trying to cash in on this.

I think the sad realization is, if we want to see real game, we're going to have to look to Canada or Europe. OR wait until production completely changes. And by then...it may be too late. At least for me, because I am almost 100% certain I will not be watching the show on CBS Access. (I said almost...)
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 10033

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:41 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

This is the reason that I am cautiously optimistic about this upcoming online only season (It's called Big Brother : Over The Top and starts 9/28).

Because of the fact that it wont be on network TV, I think that will detract from the people trying to get famous and go after social media followers, instead we may get some actual game players.

Oh, not me!! No one seems to watch regular TV anymore, you know, more and more people are "cutting the cord". So I think more Millennials and such will actually watch this show online... I think that this new cast will gear towards those people who are obsessed with You Tube and Social media stars like Tyler Oakley, PewDiePie, etc...

More and more people are trying to get famous through social media. I mean look at everyone desperately trying to get their shit to go viral. So I honestly think CBS is trying to cash in on this.

I think the sad realization is, if we want to see real game, we're going to have to look to Canada or Europe. OR wait until production completely changes. And by then...it may be too late. At least for me, because I am almost 100% certain I will not be watching the show on CBS Access. (I said almost...)

My All Access is due on the 3rd of the month so I will at least be able to check it out on my current month before making a decision.

Actually the reason CBS is doing this is because of their new Star Trek show that is going to be online only. They are hoping to piggyback off of Big Brothers fanbase to get people to watch that as well.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2077

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:56 pm

ctown28 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

My All Access is due on the 3rd of the month so I will at least be able to check it out on my current month before making a decision.

Actually the reason CBS is doing this is because of their new Star Trek show that is going to be online only.  They are hoping to piggyback off of Big Brothers fanbase to get people to watch that as well.

You have to let us know how it is!! Because I'm curious, but not enough to pay for it. I'm too cheap! TeeHee How much is it anyway?

Yeah I'm not too sure about that whole Star Trek show... and it's ratings. I read that they were going to premiere Star Trek first but then decided to go with Big Brother. I don't know...it's weird. But hey Big Brother does have a huge fan base, so I'm sure they'll get some type of ratings. And maybe, just maybe people will tune into Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
nitewings
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

Male Posts : 776

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:23 pm

BB Finale/Survivor Premier Party 9/21 on @VICTORYCRUISES Port Canaveral.
$25 for 2 drinks/dinner & $10 for gambling. Book now, will be fun

Cody Calafiore ‏@Cody_Calafiore
Big W for @Temple_MSoc ! Way to fight back for the win boys! Start the season right 3-0 #TU #TUMS

Robyn Kass ‏@Kassting
I think I need to party with Victor's family.... who's with me? #BB18

Dani Donato ‏@danidONAT0
@Kassting I wish @dominicphillip and I hit them up when we were in Nola.

Danielle Alexis M ‏@DanielleAlexisM
Growing up I used to take advantage of this view ... & Now I can't get enough of it… https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ3eijQjoZ2/

McCrae #BB18 ‏@mccraechum
Chapter 1: A Call to Adventure

McCrae #BB18 ‏@mccraechum
Chapter 2: Refusal of the Call

Andy Herren ‏@AndyHerren
RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 cast, ranked:

4. Everyone Else
3. Alaska
2. Katya
1. Alyssa Edwards

Christine BB16 ‏@stinestinks
If I see one more person slut shame Nicole, I'll punch your mom in the mouth. Stop. It.

Amanda Zuckerman ‏@AMANDAZUCKERMAN
Stupid hurricane, delaying my @Delta flight...ughhhhh

Adam Poch - BB13 ‏@HeavyMetalTeddy
.@CBSBigBrother since there are no Have Nots this week, for us keeping score at home, what was the food suppliment going to be? #BB18 @attwx

Meg Maley ‏@megmaley
Show tunes for a road trip to visit my brother.
Back to top Go down
nitewings
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

Male Posts : 776

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:28 pm

JoJo Spatafora ‏@JoJoDoll1
Wtf is Michelle sayin?!blah blah get Nicole out blah blah @DanGheesling somethin..blah Dan! get nic out blah blah Dan!! bb18 #cuteSuperfun

Brendon Villegas ‏@brendonvbb12
#BB18 has my vote for America's Fave Player if he does not win.he def has fought the hardest this season. Vamonos Victor! #PuertoRicanLove

Andy Herren ‏@AndyHerren
I thought Michelle was fun to watch, don't get me wrong, but she was bad at the game. Never knew what was actually happening. #BB18

Andy Herren ‏@AndyHerren
Learning very quickly that there is a direct correlation between being a Michelle fan and not understanding the game whatsoever. #BB18
DjPaolaShea ‏@paolashea
@GinaMarieZ dude give me that videoo lol

GinaMarie Zimmerman ‏@GinaMarieZ
@paolashea I didnt go to the gym I had to watch my nephews today. I will .I just want it to be good

Flip flopper everyone one loves using my words !!! @CBSBigBrother

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick
What a nothing but fluff episode, yawn...

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick
Nicole's Mom looks like a fatter, older Nicole. Not mean, just sayin'
Andy Herren ‏@AndyHerren
Michelle says that Nicole stays in her HOH room all day. Okay Michelle, go talk to her then. You deserve to be evicted. BYE. #BB18

@AndyHerren was the man this week!!!!

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick
Michelle with the ugly cry
#BB18

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick
Michelle, shut the fuck up and get the fuck out
#BB18

EvelDick ‏@EvelDick
Dear @TulaneTerry
You date Michelle & that's what you have to look forward to when you break up...
She'll be online bashing you afterwards

Dan Gheesling ‏@DanGheesling
While I'm on the West Coast this weekend for #PAXWest should I swing by the Jury House and meet my "new" cousin?

DjPaolaShea ‏@paolashea
My baby Paul is still in ? Aw

Elissa Reilly Slater ‏@ElissaReillyS
. #BBVictor was 1 of my least favs in beginning & my FAV he is just so likable& a comp beast & his family adorbs #bb18
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:10 am

Earlier today, Nicole told Corey that they need to send Natalie home because with James it woild be a 3-1 advantage in next hoh since Victor can't play. With Natalie, it would be 2-2.  Hmm, now where do you suppose she gets the idea James would side with the 2 of them after the 2 of them vote her Out?  Possibly because they have a pre-show Alliance? Just sayin
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:23 am

ctown28 wrote:
Earlier today, Nicole told Corey that they need to send Natalie home because with James it woild be a 3-1 advantage in next hoh since Victor can't play. With Natalie, it would be 2-2.  Hmm, now where do you suppose she gets the idea James would side with the 2 of them after the 2 of them vote her Out?  Possibly because they have a pre-show Alliance? Just sayin

Or maybe because she thinks there is a much better chance that James would work with Nicole and Corey rather than Paul and Victor. And if there is a pre-game alliance, why the hell is James planning to throw away his game this week to be sure that Nat stays and telling Nat to team up with Victor and Paul and not to trust Nicole and Corey?
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:59 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Or maybe because she thinks there is a much better chance that James would work with Nicole and Corey rather than Paul and Victor.  And if there is a pre-game alliance, why the hell is James planning to throw away his game this week to be sure that Nat stays and telling Nat to team up with Victor and Paul and not to trust Nicole and Corey?

Because he's an idiot and has given up on it, where Nicole is also an idiot and thinks it's still intact.

Not to mention itsomething fun to keep holding on to it  neener
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:21 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Or maybe because she thinks there is a much better chance that James would work with Nicole and Corey rather than Paul and Victor.  And if there is a pre-game alliance, why the hell is James planning to throw away his game this week to be sure that Nat stays and telling Nat to team up with Victor and Paul and not to trust Nicole and Corey?

Because he's an idiot and has given up on it, where Nicole is also an idiot and thinks it's still intact.

Not to mention itsomething fun to keep holding on to it  neener

Well the first idiot may be waking up a bit. For whatever reason Paul pulled James into the HOH to "clarify" some things with him and basically let James know that Nat threw him under the bus when she spoke to them. I still don't get what Paul's reason was for this, but it seems to have planted a seed with James and he is not pushing for Nat to stay like he was. He is not campaigning against her, but not feeling quite so guilty that she might be going home.

And the second idiot doesn't seem to be too far off, because James seems to be keeping nice with her and Corey too.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Natalie has officially threw in the towel and knows she is going home.  Says she is looking forward to jury andto get out of that house.  In a move that should come as a surprise to absoultely nobody, she basically told James tht she doesn't want to pursue a relaionship when the show is over.  If it werent obvious to anyone before, it  should be now that she was 100% using him.  Now he gets to stay in the house and be an emotional wreck.

I pretty much guarantee that if James wins HoH, Paul and Victor go on the block next week.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:37 pm

@BB_Updates wrote:
James -  I'm going to throw this next HoH.  Natalie - Why?  James - I need to beopen for next week.

@BB_Updates wrote:
James to Natalie - I feel like those twow sides are going to attack each other this week.  I feel like I'm not a threat to them anymore

And this is exactly why James is such a shitty player.  Why in the hell would you be throwing HoH at this point in the game?  It's just plain stupid.  And to think the final 4 group are going to go after each other?  They will do that after taking care of your ass.

As far as being able to play in the net HoH.  That HoH is worthless.  The real power that next week is POV and everyone plays in that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tidbits 18   

Back to top Go down

Tidbits 18
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20