Roadkill comp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9608

PostSubject: Roadkill comp   Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:33 pm

http://www.people.com/article/big-brother-18-new-competition-RV-challenge-photos?xid=rss-topheadlines&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+people%252Fheadlines+%2528PEOPLE.com%253A+Top+Headlines%2529

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Did anyone else get the feeling that something is shady with this comp? I mean they show us snippets of everyone and then a vet wins the thing? I'm not claiming yet that it's rigged, but something doesn't sit right with it.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7380

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:43 pm

I wish they had shown everyone's time to the viewers, but other than that I didn't think anything shady. Several of the hg's said that it would have been easier for taller people because they could reach everything a little easier.

Plus even if a newbie had won and put up Frank, he still would have stayed because Jozea would still have 7 votes against him, so it really would not have mattered other than the fact that Frank would have had to sweat it out a bit.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:54 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I wish they had shown everyone's time to the viewers, but other than that I didn't think anything shady.  Several of the hg's said that it would have been easier for taller people because they could reach everything a little easier.  

Plus even if a newbie had won and put up Frank, he still would have stayed because Jozea would still have 7 votes against him, so it really would not have mattered other than the fact that Frank would have had to sweat it out a bit.

That's why I said I'm not ready to call it fixed yet. But they need to show us times. The way they showed it, one can just say they picked who they wanted to win
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:46 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
I wish they had shown everyone's time to the viewers, but other than that I didn't think anything shady.  Several of the hg's said that it would have been easier for taller people because they could reach everything a little easier.  

That's why I said I'm not ready to call it fixed yet. But they need to show us times. The way they showed it, one can just say they picked who they wanted to win

Well for as long as they have the Road Kill comp, we will be at the mercy of BB production completely. They will all have to be timed comps obviously. I guess we will have to watch it closely! Watching U
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:37 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Well for as long as they have the Road Kill comp, we will be at the mercy of BB production completely.  They will all have to be timed comps obviously.  I guess we will have to watch it closely!  Watching U

It's just a matter of time until one of the vets are in danger and "really needs" to win and somehow pulls it off. It's the MVP twist with the illusion of it being a comp. Don't be surprised if at some point "america" gets to play and wins.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:49 am

I just had another thought on this thing. It's a huge advantage for the winner to be able to nom someone anonymously. But there is nothing negative attached to it. They should make it like HOH, when you win, you aren't eligible to win it the next week. Now I know that if someone sits out, it gives away who it was the previous week, but you simply have them play but don't count their score.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:50 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I just had another thought on this thing.  It's a huge advantage for the winner to be able to nom someone anonymously.  But there is nothing negative attached to it.  They should make it like HOH, when you win, you aren't eligible to win  it the next week.  Now I know that if someone sits out, it gives away who it was the previous week, but you simply have them play but don't count their score.

Now THAT is a great idea! clapping

Also with the team twist this season, an HOH can be safe 2 weeks (or more) in a row too. I was thinking about that last night. For example, if someone on Nicole's team wins this week, she is safe from nomination next week just like she is HOH. Not that it matters with her particular team, but look at James' team. If he wins HOH and the next week one of his team win it, he would be safe again. Even though his team would think of him as a target. This is part of the risk/reward of being HOH. Really changes things up, and I haven't decided if I like it or not!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:54 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
I just had another thought on this thing.  It's a huge advantage for the winner to be able to nom someone anonymously.  But there is nothing negative attached to it.  They should make it like HOH, when you win, you aren't eligible to win  it the next week.  Now I know that if someone sits out, it gives away who it was the previous week, but you simply have them play but don't count their score.

Now THAT is a great idea!  clapping

Also with the team twist this season, an HOH can be safe 2 weeks (or more) in a row too.  I was thinking about that last night.  For example, if someone on Nicole's team wins this week, she is safe from nomination next week just like she is HOH.  Not that it matters with her particular team, but look at James' team.  If he wins HOH and the next week one of his team win it, he would be safe again.  Even though his team would think of him as a target.  This is part of the risk/reward of being HOH.  Really changes things up, and I haven't decided if I like it or not!

I get what you are saying here. There are benefits to being on the HoH team, that is a twist advantage, but it is also offset that you are only safe from HoH nominations, you are still in danger of being nominated by the roadkill winner.
Back to top Go down
nitewings
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

Male Posts : 761

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:02 pm

chap5788 wrote:

I am calling it fixed...
Frank was the golden boy last time he was in the house...
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Also with the team twist this season, an HOH can be safe 2 weeks (or more) in a row too.  I was thinking about that last night.  For example, if someone on Nicole's team wins this week, she is safe from nomination next week just like she is HOH.  Not that it matters with her particular team, but look at James' team.  If he wins HOH and the next week one of his team win it, he would be safe again.  Even though his team would think of him as a target.  This is part of the risk/reward of being HOH.  Really changes things up, and I haven't decided if I like it or not!

I get what you are saying here.  There are benefits to being on the HoH team, that is a twist advantage, but it is also offset that you are only safe from HoH nominations, you are still in danger of being nominated by the roadkill winner.  

No, if you are on the HOH team, you can be nominated by the road kill winner. When Frank won and they announced it they said that Nicole's team was safe from the nominations and Frank even said that he could only choose from 2 teams because James' team got that 2 weeks of safety.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:12 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

I get what you are saying here.  There are benefits to being on the HoH team, that is a twist advantage, but it is also offset that you are only safe from HoH nominations, you are still in danger of being nominated by the roadkill winner.  

No, if you are on the HOH team, you can be nominated by the road kill winner.  When Frank won and they announced it they said that Nicole's team was safe from the nominations and Frank even said that he could only choose from 2 teams because James' team got that 2 weeks of safety.  

I'll have to go back and watch it again but I thought they said that anyone could be nominated including the members of the team the HoH is on and only the HoH is exempt
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:22 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

No, if you are on the HOH team, you can be nominated by the road kill winner.  When Frank won and they announced it they said that Nicole's team was safe from the nominations and Frank even said that he could only choose from 2 teams because James' team got that 2 weeks of safety.  

I'll have to go back and watch it again but I thought they said that anyone could be nominated including the members of the team the HoH is on and only the HoH is exempt

OK, here is the transcript:

Quote :
HGs, as everyone knows, BB's motto is expect the unexpected and this year is no different. If you think you're safe because you're not currently on the block, think again. This summer there is a brand new competition and if you don't win you could end up as BB Roadkill. Every week after the nomination ceremony, the BB RV will pull into the yard. One at a time, each HG will enter into the RV and individually compete in the BB Roadkill competition. The winner will be told in secret and the victor will be given a game changing power. They will secretly nominate a 3rd HGs for eviction. When the BB RV pulls into the yard and honks it's horn, everyone needs to be ready to compete. The first BB Roadkill competition will take place tomorrow and everyone will compete. And by the way, the winner can nominate any eligible HGs they want - including someone on their own team.

So while they don't explicitly say it, that does make it out to be anyone NOT on the HoH winners team. I think that is messed up, it should be anyone who is not HoH. Just like they messed up Battle of the Block, they messed this up. Too many people are given safety anymore. The only ones who should be truly safe are the HoH, POV winner and whoever is pulled down from POV winner.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:13 am

Ctown, when they gathered in the LR to watch the screen to see who was nominated, Nicole announced the 2 teams being safe. I am thinking that this week was different because they had to give incentives/penalties for each phase of the HOH comp. Going forward I am assuming that it will only be the HOH team that is safe. I agree it put a lot of constraints on this week because there were 2 teams off limits, but I have no problem going forward with the HOH team being safe. I think it adds a different dynamic. It's kind of like Survivor, the winning team doesn't have to go to "tribal council."
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:43 am

chap5788 wrote:
Ctown, when they gathered in the LR to watch the screen to see who was nominated, Nicole announced the 2 teams being safe.  I am thinking that this week was different because they had to give incentives/penalties for each phase of the HOH comp.  Going forward I am assuming that it will only be the HOH team that is safe.  I agree it put a lot of constraints on this week because there were 2 teams off limits, but I have no problem going forward with the HOH team being safe.  I think it adds a different dynamic.  It's kind of like Survivor, the winning team doesn't have to go to "tribal council."

I realize they had the two teams thing and going forward it will just be one. But that survivor feel is what I don't like this isn't survivor, so don't try to make it like that. They had a chance to door a Survivor thing last year but they abandoned the weekly twists.. may have been fun for one week, but that's it.

Let's say Victor wins HOH, this means so he can't put up James, who is owned e of his targets, even though James did nothing to earn his safety. Not socially or game related, they are handing safety out too easily
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11433

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:42 pm

I am having a tough time with this Roadkill comp. First of all, it was shady, not all the times were shown. Second, I think it is just another way for Grodner to manipulate the game. I don't know, it just feels like too much power for someone who is not HoH. Does that make any sense?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:09 pm

capricious1 wrote:
I am having a tough time with this Roadkill comp.  First of all, it was shady, not all the times were shown.  Second, I think it is just another way for Grodner to manipulate the game.  I don't know, it just feels like too much power for someone who is not HoH.  Does that make any sense?

Makes perfect sense and I agree that it is shady. At least give us the illusion of it not being rigged and show the times. Hell take it a step further and show the HG's what the times were, just leave out who had what time.

I've said it before but I will not be surprised for them to find a way for "America" to win the comp and then vote on the noms. Enough with the twists and just let these people play the damn game.

Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Ctown and Capri, you both make good points and I do agree with some of them. But, I have to say that I am very intrigued by this twist. It is a lot of power for one person to have who is not HOH, but it could come back to bite them too. For instance, Frank shared with his entire team and I believe Paulie as well that he won the Road Kill Comp. He asked for input on who to put up and so forth, sounds great doesn't it. But what happens when he is on the block against another person of the 8-pack and the person sitting up there with him needs a vote from Paul or Bridgette? Of course they are going to let them know that HE made those nominations and Bridgette is on his team.

The comps themselves can be a sketchy point, but frankly other than those comps shown live on the episode or the endurance comps shown on the feeds are subject to editing and tweaking so we will always have that. Think about the veto comps in the past where the hg's talk about hinky shit going on and the feeds are quickly cut to try to stop it from getting out on the feeds. That being said, I do think they should have shown the viewers each person's time and the idea of showing all the times without people's names would have been a HUGE improvement.

One other thing I like about this comp is that it can screw up the best laid plans for ANY HOH going forward. The HOH always tries to control how this will go, possibly ask people to throw something or put the perfect people up to make sure one person leaves the game. This third nominee can work against that and the fact that they have to win the comp to get there is much better than a choice made by America for the same person to be that Road Kill person for weeks on end. On that note, I sure hope that Ctown is wrong about America getting involved in this aspect of the game, but I have a feeling he is probably right.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:34 pm

chap5788 wrote:
The comps themselves can be a sketchy point, but frankly other than those comps shown live on the episode or the endurance comps shown on the feeds are subject to editing and tweaking so we will always have that.  Think about the veto comps in the past where the hg's talk about hinky shit going on and the feeds are quickly cut to try to stop it from getting out on the feeds.  That being said, I do think they should have shown the viewers each person's time and the idea of showing all the times without people's names would have been a HUGE improvement.

The difference here is that the HG's can see exactly what is going on and have something to relate to.  Even the POV timed comps, they get to see what their actual time is and there is no way for that to be faked.  The way this is going down nobody knows anything.  For all we know, Frank could have been right in the middle of the pack but BB decided they want him to win.

Quote :

One other thing I like about this comp is that it can screw up the best laid plans for ANY HOH going forward.  The HOH always tries to control how this will go, possibly ask people to throw something or put the perfect people up to make sure one person leaves the game.

That is exactly what I don't like about it.  This will make it too easy for the 8 pack alliance to run the house.  Say Paul wins HoH this week and puts up Frank and James.  Then big surprise,  Nicole wins Roadkill (at least that is what BB will lead us to believe)and up goes Victor.  Now that power shift was meaningless because the 8 pack alliance still has the numbers to send Victor packing.  It completely nullifies the HoH.

Last edited by ctown28 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:57 pm

I wasn't just referring to the veto timed comps, I was talking about the veto comps in general. There have been many times when there have been questions about "rule changes" or "judgment calls" that hg's believe have affected the outcome and production does their best to make sure we as viewers don't see it.

Let's face it, we know there is manipulation in this game all around......DR manipulation, picking the right comp in the right week to save someone who is definitely in trouble, and so on. I just don't think they are going to sit there and just pick a winner every week to keep the people they want in the game. Production wants drama every bit as much as we do. I am not saying it would NEVER happen, I am not that naïve, I just don't think it is going to be as tainted as you seem to think it is.

As far as the 8-pack alliance running the house. It won't take long before they start eyeing each other up to be the first one to protect themselves because they feel like they are on the bottom of the alliance. Hell Day is looking on a daily basis for any evidence of someone getting to close to the other side. Like I said on the other thread, I think we will have plenty of drama, surprise moves and blindsides from the 8-pack plus a couple of the "others" (there is no way they are just going to run the table down to that 8 and then play on) to move through the season and be entertaining. Plus my favorites are on the 8-pack! neener
Back to top Go down
oneblkeye
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 2098

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Did anyone else get the feeling that something is shady with this comp?  I mean they show us snippets of everyone and then a vet wins the thing?  I'm not claiming yet that it's rigged, but something doesn't sit right with it.

I think it's a great way for the BB executives to manipulate the game if they choose to.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11433

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:26 pm

oneblkeye wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Did anyone else get the feeling that something is shady with this comp?  I mean they show us snippets of everyone and then a vet wins the thing?  I'm not claiming yet that it's rigged, but something doesn't sit right with it.

I think it's a great way for the BB executives to manipulate the game if they choose to.

Agreed!!!!! cheers1

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadkill comp   

Back to top Go down

Roadkill comp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1