Twists

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8837

PostSubject: Twists   Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:16 pm

Putting this in spoilers since it hasn't aired on the west coast yet.

I don't like these teams one bit, but I do like that for the most part, the players don't like it either and will try to play the way they want. I hope production doesn't find a way to force it.

This first group of comps is ridiculous, hate that James team is safe for tomorrow's eviction and next weeks. I hate that someone leaves tomorrow, and let's be honest, it will probably be Glenn. Rounds 1 and 2 had a Survivor feel to them.

I have a feeling this unprecedented power coming up is going to be stupid as well. Guess we will find out Sunday
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6451

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:35 am

Wow, Ctown tell us how you really feel!

I don't really like the team concept either, but in order to give the vets a chance to survive the first couple of evictions, they had to do something like this. At least they didn't get automatic safety or something like that. And, like Ctown said, the hg's don't really like it either and already seem to be playing the game outside the team concept anyway.

I was really hoping it would be Davonne team that lost because quite frankly I would be happy to see that team gone first. Davonne will bring drama to the game there is no doubt and she is very smart and observant about things. The problem is she really has no other game skills. She says she won't spill it about Tiffany, but I will bet money she tells someone very quickly and it will probably backfire on her unless Tiffany ends up going home first tomorrow night.

The Sunday comp that gives someone "unprecedented power" I think is probably going to be along the lines of the person who wins it will win safety for their team. This will probably be the case for the first few weeks and then it will be 3 members of their team (if they still have 4) and then down to their own safety unless they get rid of it. I am thinking production thinks this will build the whole "team unity" thing or something. Frankly having "unprecedented power" is just not something I am looking forward to unless of course it saves someone who happens to be my favorite!

If this comp tomorrow night has any physical aspect to it, Glenn will more than likely be the first one going home, and of all the people on that team, I am actually hoping that is what happens.

I like that Frank has toned himself down quite a bit. Maybe I can grow to like him.........maybe it was just Boogie's initial influence that made him so annoying last time. I was always a fan of Nicole and would like to see her survive for a while. She is a little annoying with the whining talk in the DR, but I still think she is game smart and is also entertaining in the house too, or at least she was last time.

I LOVE that James has returned. He played with guts last time, just trusted the wrong people. I would LOVE to see him and Nicole team up and go far.

Like I said before Davonne is very smart and observant, but she is kind of dumb when it comes to game play. Her mouth is going to get her in trouble and she will bring drama to the show, but I won't be too broken up to see her go early.

I like Michelle, she seems very game smart and she may be one to watch. She might be that quiet one who causes trouble for other people and people won't see her coming.

Bridgette is okay. She is a little more quirky than I tend to like, but for some reason I still like her. I think she is very smart and can think on her feet. I think Ctown's pre-show assessment of her being the new Meg is probably closer than mine was, but I think she might have a little better chance at comps and a little more savvy in the game.

Natalie is the typical cheerleader personality and she thinks she is just the cutest thing ever! I think it is funny that Victor is lusting after her, she is infatuated with Corey and Corey is infatuated with Victor. Talk about a weird triangle! Now I know that Corey isn't gay, but he is really looking for the whole bromance angle to work with in the game.

Corey is a little dumber than I thought he would be. Since he has said that he really wants to be on TV, I never thought he would be someone who could relate to someone like Nicole, but it is still early. Nicole just might be able to use him going forward in the game.

Paulie is basically Cody part 2. No surprises there at all. I think him and Victor will end completely butt heads or will become big buddies, it depends on the attentions of the ladies. I think he was smart to reveal his brother being Cody, even though it was forced because of Nicole being in the house.

I think Victor will let a showmance or lust get in the way of his game. I think he is a playboy, he thinks he is God's gift to women and if he ticks a few women off early, he may go quick unless he can win to stay in for a while.

Bronte is just as annoying as I thought she would be. Her voice just annoys the hell out of me and she may be smart about numbers, but she is going to get on people's nerves with her constant references to science and numbers. People will realize that she is not a childcare giver pretty quick.

If Glenn survives this first eviction, he might stay around for a while because he will be that loyal guy who buddies up with some of the popular guys. However, as I said before he will probably go home tomorrow night if the comp is at all physical. I do give him credit though for being the one to say very early in tonight's comp that the base of their castle was messed up, too bad they didn't listen.

Paul, Zakiya and Jozea I just do not like at all. Paul thinks he is the king of the house already. He will cause drama, but I just can't stand to listen to him. Zakiya WILL play the race card judging from her pre-show bio. She also will have a lot of trouble getting along with the other females, especially those who might get more attention from the men than she does. Jozea is just to into himself and thinks he is already in control of the game. He can go early too.

I had a few of my pre-show impressions come out to match my impressions after watching this initial episode. Of course, that can (and I am sure WILL) change once we get into the live feeds and BBAD.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6702

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:00 am

chap5788 wrote:

Paul, Zakiya and Jozea I just do not like at all.  Paul thinks he is the king of the house already.  He will cause drama, but I just can't stand to listen to him.  Zakiya WILL play the race card judging from her pre-show bio.  She also will have a lot of trouble getting along with the other females, especially those who might get more attention from the men than she does.  Jozea is just to into himself and thinks he is already in control of the game.  He can go early too.  

These three are THE MOST ANNOYING ASS WIPES in BB history. "
You had your chance now hit the bricks."  Bitch please. You've been in that house for what? All of ten minutes and you think "hard"....apparently not since you whole team ended up in "Looser town" (I know it was called something else but at the moment it evades me...sorry but they are all loosers so they get the tag.)
"Oldies gota go?".....Bitch you to should learn a lesson or two and get to steppen because I don't see you adding much to the team, considering when you went down you took Day with you.
As for the last bitch? Josea.....I have watched this show for years. Been with this site since it was started and I have alway liked or supported the gay player because they were fun, entertaining and stragtic thinkers in one way or another. But this guy is a heatfull bitch.

As for Day......When I saw that she was going to play again I was excited because she spotted Tiffany as ........what ever her name was....sister and was going to be smart about it. I was like.....Yeah! Momma Day! You did learn from your mistakes. Then she went into the second comp and I was like..........Shit.....same old momma Day.

I have to be truthfull....right now I am just pulling for out asain cowboy he seems to be the only one with balls and brains right now.

Now I do reserve the right to change my mind but right now the Day crew are just "The fart turds" (and that name they came up with? Big Sister? WTHF = what the holly fu!k?) I'm a bit with C Town on this......very unhappy but time may change my mind. We will see.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:47 am

Naru - You go girl. I could not agree with your assessment of those 3 hg's more.

I just realized that I forgot to comment on Tiffany. She says she is very different from Vanessa, but from what I saw tonight, she is not really that different. Of course, I haven't seen if she is as emotional as Vanessa yet. But I think she made a HUGE mistake not coming clean about being Vanessa's sister when Paulie came out with his reveal. She watched her sister's season and she knows that Davonne was the one who sniffed out the twin thing first. Now she has Michelle who she had to confess it to. This is something that is going to bite her in the ass IF she is not the one who goes home tomorrow night that is.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:15 am

First elimination comp is a hang on the longest

No way anyone but Glenn goes home.  Production won't let Tiffany go, nor Nicole and I can't see Glenn beating Corey. Although since being in the house a bunch of "antgay" tweets from Corey have been uncovered so production may be fine with him going.  Remember none of this is on feeds so they can still manipulate.

Whoever stays must come to a consensus on first hoh, which I think will be Nicole on a promise she will protect them from the vets and this will be a recurring theme, the way Day told her team she would protect from Vets

Mama Day is on borrowed time.  Yeah, she kept quiet for now, just like she was gonna keep quiet about Liz.

If Michelle is anything like her intro, she's gonna get on my last nerve with the eating healthy crap.  If that's what she wants to eat, fine.  But if someone else wants a double cheeseburger with fries and a large Coke, that's none of her business.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks Ctown. I was REALLY hoping that it would be some kind of physical thing that would most likely eliminate Glenn. I am sure that production had visions of Derrick with Glenn because he was a narcotics detective, but in my opinion he brings nothing to the table. Might have been good for some loud mouth drama, but still not enough for me to want him to stay.

I had read about Corey and those statements on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and had completely forgot about it. He doesn't seem the type to be like that, but sometimes you just don't see it until something stupid comes out of their mouth.

This HOH thing could get very interesting. The newbies are going to pressure Tiffany and Corey to make sure one of them is definitely HOH so they can put Frank and Day on the block. I am assuming you can't nominate someone from your own team and James already has safety. The vets are going to pressure Nicole to do whatever she can to get the other 2 to allow HER to be HOH so she can nominate 2 newbies. Tiffany and Corey have to worry that if they are the first HOH who puts up the 2 vets that they will be newbie target #1 for the vet surviving the eviction who will have the support of the other 2 vets for obvious reasons.

I think if I were Nicole, I would take the position if the other 2 were offering, but I wouldn't push the issue. If one of them really WANT to do it, then let them have it. She is safe anyway. James is safe and already seems to be reaching out to her. There is a good possibility that Frank will win either the veto (if they are still having it) or this Sunday comp thing. So there is a good chance it will be Day and a newbie on the block. Will the other 3 on Day's team actually vote her out and diminish the numbers on their team which may or may not be important in the future? The replacement will more than likely be someone who hasn't really found a place with any group, an outsider of sorts. How long before we hear the newbies say, "we can always get rid of the vets later, we still have all the numbers" the famous last words.

Not sure how this twist will play out as the game goes on, but for this first one it really does add an interesting element to the situation.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:20 pm

By the way, I wonder what the "mysteryland" people are going to get stuck with? I am actually hoping that it will be costumes. It would be great to see Frank in that pumpkin costume again because he hated it so much. The other 3 would probably have fun with it.

Something else would be one of those things where they have to dance when music starts (not like the boy band thing last year), just having to get up out of a sound sleep and dance. Or, even one of those all night punishments of chum baths or kicking them in the but with the shoe. Yep, this could be a fun week!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:44 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Thanks Ctown.  I was REALLY hoping that it would be some kind of physical thing that would most likely eliminate Glenn.  I am sure that production had visions of Derrick with Glenn because he was a narcotics detective, but in my opinion he brings nothing to the table.  Might have been good for some loud mouth drama, but still not enough for me to want him to stay.

I figured him for the "person we can get rid of anytime" player and that would help him stick around for a while, but now he is odds on favorite to go first

Quote :
I had read about Corey and those statements on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and had completely forgot about it.  He doesn't seem the type to be like that, but sometimes you just don't see it until something stupid comes out of their mouth.  

I don't put much stock into it. For starters they are old tweets, and you can tell by the context there wasn't anything derogatory. It's similar to the movie "40 Year Old Virgin" wher Paul Rudd and Seth Rogan are playing the "You know how I know you're gay" game. But people look for things to be offended about and stir up shit.

Quote :
This HOH thing could get very interesting.  The newbies are going to pressure Tiffany and Corey to make sure one of them is definitely HOH so they can put Frank and Day on the block.  I am assuming you can't nominate someone from your own team and James already has safety.  The vets are going to pressure Nicole to do whatever she can to get the other 2 to allow HER to be HOH so she can nominate 2 newbies.  Tiffany and Corey have to worry that if they are the first HOH who puts up the 2 vets that they will be newbie target #1 for the vet surviving the eviction who will have the support of the other 2 vets for obvious reasons.  

I think if I were Nicole, I would take the position if the other 2 were offering, but I wouldn't push the issue.  If one of them really WANT to do it, then let them have it.  She is safe anyway.  James is safe and already seems to be reaching out to her.  There is a good possibility that Frank will win either the veto (if they are still having it) or this Sunday comp thing.  So there is a good chance it will be Day and a newbie on the block.  Will the other 3 on Day's team actually vote her out and diminish the numbers on their team which may or may not be important in the future?  The replacement will more than likely be someone who hasn't really found a place with any group, an outsider of sorts.  How long before we hear the newbies say, "we can always get rid of the vets later, we still have all the numbers" the famous last words.  

Not sure how this twist will play out as the game goes on, but for this first one it really does add an interesting element to the situation.

I'm almost certain Nicole will be HoH or if they will just state they keep going in the comp and the last one standing is the HoH, that would be the fairest way to decide. The only thing about this comp is that in the rocket comp, Tiffany fell off before Glenn, but that was a different scenario and with his weight, Glenn will have the hardest time hanging on.

I think by the end of the night you'll hear someone talk about getting rid of the vets later, but it will be in a DR session. "We still have the numbers and can get rid of the vets at any time, but for now I need <enter vets name> to help me with my game.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:54 pm

chap5788 wrote:
By the way, I wonder what the "mysteryland" people are going to get stuck with?  I am actually hoping that it will be costumes.  It would be great to see Frank in that pumpkin costume again because he hated it so much.  The other 3 would probably have fun with it.  

Something else would be one of those things where they have to dance when music starts (not like the boy band thing last year), just having to get up out of a sound sleep and dance.  Or, even one of those all night punishments of chum baths or kicking them in the but with the shoe.  Yep, this could be a fun week!

Good question. That dancing thing from S12 was one of my favorite punishments ever. No telling what they have up their sleeve. But the whole "mystery" thing still bothers me. We should've been told what it is beforehand (not the HG's but the viewers) this reeks of "lets see who gets it and then we can decide"
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Ctown, you are probably right that it will end up being Nicole. I just hope nothing weird happens that makes Tiffany or Nicole fall off first because I do want to see them play.

I also agree that they should have revealed the mysteryland thing to the viewers. But they probably have a few things in mind and will choose which one according to the people who are stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:43 am

When BBAD came on tonight, I noticed that the 2 eviction chairs were replaced with a couch. I also went back to the episode tonight to look a little closer at the have-not room and noticed there were 5 bumper car beds in there. They currently have teams of 4 so why do they need 5 beds. The HOH made the regular 2 nominations, so why do they now have a couch that would accommodate 3 people instead of 2. Makes me wonder if this Sunday comp will result in a third nominee for eviction and a 5th have-not. Then of course I realized that the 4 initial have-nots served their time and got off that punishment as of midnight, so not sure what the significance is about it.

It is driving me nuts about this Sunday comp. Also, not sure if players for veto have been chosen or not, but Paul dressed up in some stupid outfit tonight and said it was his "veto" outfit. Maybe he assumes he will be playing in veto or something, but I thought it was worth pointing out.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:43 am

Well, it looks like there is in fact 3 nominees. I have not actually confirmed this, but little statements here and there make is sound like Paul is also now on the block. It also sounds like there was some sort of a blow up between Michelle and Paul and now Michelle is almost at the top of their hit list (her and Nicole). It also sounded like they had the Sunday comp already and Nicole possibly won it, but it is in secret or something. Nicole and Michelle were talking about it last night and Michelle said "nobody knows you got it." Victor was also talking to Bronte last night asking her to find out if someone had information about "it." I am thinking that the comp was two-fold where it results in a 3rd nominee and gives the winner something to use later or something.

Now most of this is speculation based on partial conversations and such, but I will try to figure out what is going on later today.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:57 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Well, it looks like there is in fact 3 nominees.  I have not actually confirmed this, but little statements here and there make is sound like Paul is also now on the block.  It also sounds like there was some sort of a blow up between Michelle and Paul and now Michelle is almost at the top of their hit list (her and Nicole).  It also sounded like they had the Sunday comp already and Nicole possibly won it, but it is in secret or something.  Nicole and Michelle were talking about it last night and Michelle said "nobody knows you got it."  Victor was also talking to Bronte last night asking her to find out if someone had information about "it."  I am thinking that the comp was two-fold where it results in a 3rd nominee and gives the winner something to use later or something.  

Now most of this is speculation based on partial conversations and such, but I will try to figure out what is going on later today.

This is now confirmed. Nicole won the comp and it is secret, probably a timed comp, and she nominated Paul. So basically they've not only brought back the coaches twist, they've also brought back MVP.

why do I get the feeling that at some point "America" will win the comp and out up a nominee?
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6702

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:44 pm

They are talking about a "Road Kill" comp and that Frank won it over on jokers. so I wonder if there was two prizes in one or something. Frank could be doing this to throw attention off of Nic but he could also be doing it to make the nebies hesitant to take action against him. Who know?
Question

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
Nikita
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Female Posts : 3756

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:12 pm

I believe the WINNER of the Road Kill gets to pick who's gonna go on the block - 3rd nominee.
Back to top Go down
http://bbjunkies.crazy4us.com
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Naru wrote:
They are talking about a "Road Kill" comp and that Frank won it over on jokers. so I wonder if there was two prizes in one or something. Frank could be doing this to throw attention off of Nic but he could also be doing it to make the nebies hesitant to take action against him. Who know?
Question

I'm not going to put much stock into anything I see on Jokers. The past couple years they've been about as reliable as a condom from a bubble gum machine.
Back to top Go down
Nikita
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Female Posts : 3756

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 pm

From Joker's

11:59 AM Corey, Day, Nicole, Paul, Paulie,& Jozea all playing in POV.
Back to top Go down
http://bbjunkies.crazy4us.com
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:25 pm

I am bumping this thread back up because I wanted to voice a few opinions about the twists now that we are going into the third eviction.

I have to say I do like the Road Kill twist (sorry Ctown). I think it adds another layer to things and has the potential to screw up the best laid plans and make people think on their feet a bit more.

I was okay with the HOH team concept as far as safety and not being able to put up those team mates only because it makes it harder to just run through a hit list because there are alliance members spread around the board. However, I don't think it is fair to continue to compete with the team comps for HOH. Take this past HOH. The freakazoids had only 2 people competing because Nicole was the outgoing HOH. This meant that Tiffany and Corey had to go across those beams over and over without as much break as the other teams. Plus, if they had 2 mishaps they are out of the comp completely while Frank's team was out there 4 strong and the others had 3. This was totally unfair in my opinion. There is also the fact that the pool of potential nominees for the Road Kill and the HOH is different for different teams based on the number on their team.

Since there has been so much of a Survivor theme this season, I am wondering if we are about to see a "drop your buffs" kind of thing and the teams shaken up. If that is the case, I look for it to happen next week when there are 12 hg's left because you would have 4 teams of 3.

If they don't do this, then they are going to have to make the HOH comp an individual comp so that each person can win the HOH outright. I don't care if they still make their team safe, but as far as the competition it is the only fair thing to do in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:20 am

I don't like it one bit. It has become the new battle of the block. You have teams throwing the comp just so their "team" cannot be safe. James flat out said on the feeds that he threw the comp and apologized to the camera for the fans. He claimed it was spotted they could get Victor out, who is now pretty much as good as gone.

I see what you are saying with teams being at a disadvantage due to being down in numbers, but that could also work to an advantage if they were smart. Category 4 had such a lead in that comp, they would've been better off sending Bridgette on that final run. Then she can't play neXT week and instead of holding them back, they don't have to worry about her slowing them down. They still could have manipulated her to target Victor as well.

Anytime a twist allows them to manipulate things with throwing comps and such, it's a bad idea and we are seeing it again..
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Twists   Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:42 am

ctown28 wrote:
I don't like it one bit.  It has become the new battle of the block.  You have teams throwing the comp just so their "team" cannot be safe.  James flat out said on the feeds that he threw the comp and apologized to the camera for the fans.  He claimed it was spotted they could get Victor out, who is now pretty much as good as gone.

I see what you are saying with teams being at a disadvantage due to being down in numbers, but that could also work to an advantage if they were smart.  Category 4 had such a lead in that comp, they would've been better off sending Bridgette on that final run.  Then she can't play neXT week and instead of holding them back, they don't have to worry about her slowing them down.  They still could have manipulated her to target Victor as well.

Anytime a twist allows them to manipulate things with throwing comps and such, it's a bad idea and we are seeing it again..

Well twist or no twist, the game can be manipulated by throwing comps and such, even when played straight up without them. Look at the "knockout" HOH comp where they keep putting the same people up against each other to eliminate them. Or the stay/fold veto comp is usually always manipulated by a group (badly at times, but it is still done). So these twists just add to that mix. I just want it to be a little more level playing field where everyone actually has a chance to win HOH for more potential for the shake up. Hell Frank told Corey that he wants him to throw at least 2 more comps, and Nicole is trying to tell Corey that they just can't do that, but Corey seems to be leaning toward listening to Frank instead.

As far as Category 4 having Bridgette be HOH, I don't think that would have been the slam dunk you think it would have been. She would have NEVER put up Bronte, she is all about girl power. Plus I believe that Bronte would have had a lot of influence on what Bridgette would ultimately do as well. Sure Bridgette follows Frank around, but not sure hat would have worked out for them anyway. Plus she categorically said she didn't want it when they were deciding who would make that final run across the logs.

I think they should realign the teams with random draw using the veto name chip box in the same round robin that they chose players in the beginning, but instead of a choice, the chip makes the choice for them. If not this, keep the teams if they want, but the HOH comps need to be individual so ANYONE can win for themselves and their team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twists   

Back to top Go down

Twists
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1