HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Initial Impressions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8828
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Initial Impressions   Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:37 pm

This is just going off the cast bio's on CBS.com. I have not and will not watch their interviews with Jeff, because those are horrible. In those interviews the people are trying to play a part and never come off the same way as we've seen in past seasons.

Initial thoughts:

Paul Abrahamian

Not sure on him, the typical redneck casting of this season. Looks like Robyn cast him to be this seasons Donnie

Victor Arroyo

Could be the HG that gets on my nerves this season. Typical dumb jock that is full of himself


Corey Brooks


Not very bright. Says he most relates to Cody because Cody makes rational decision. Is he kidding me, did he not watch Cody's season where he ade the most irrational decision of all. Taking Derrick to F2 when taking Victoria would've been a slam dunk


Paulie Calafiore


Cody's brother. Enough said. I just hope we don't have to see him on TV making out with his Dad like his brother did


Bronte D’Acquisto

She could cause some trouble for the HG's. Seems to be an analystical type of person which could make her a force to be reckoned with during mental comps

Bridgette Dunning

I have a feeling this is going to be this seasons Meg. Liked by everyone in the house and no enemies, but can't win a comp to save her life

Zakiyah Everette

No real opinion on her yet. If history remains true, this will be the seasons sassy black woman


Jozea Flores

Favorite HG is Frankie Grande, need anything else be said. Looks to be the seasons token gay guy

Glenn Garcia

Seasons oldest HG. How useless will he be in comps. Bio says he's a former cop. We can look forward to seeing him in DR's talking about how imperative it is that nobody knows he's a cop.


Michelle Meyer

First impression reminds of Nicole. Could very well be the showmance target of the season

Natalie Negrotti

We have this season's Victoria. What is with these girls that think they are the prettiest thing to walk the face of the Earth when in reality they are nothing but spoiled, entitled brats


Tiffany Rousso


Vanessa's sister. Hopefully she can play strategically the way Vanessa did but unlike her sister, actually own up to her game in the DR.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6451
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Initial Impressions   Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 pm

I read the CBS bios and watched the videos. I agree with Ctown that those often times are people playing a part or a role, but I also do like to see how they talk, mannerisms and things like that to correlate with the bios. I also read interviews of the Hollywood Reporter just to see a different set of questions. I have to say I wish the live interviews would have been with the guy from the HR because I would have liked to put the face and mannerisms with many of his questions. I did find that reading the bios and seeing them talk gave me several instances of conflicting views, but tried to come down in the middle somewhere.

Here we go.............long-winded as usual!

Paulie - Cody's brother. Very much like Cody. Very charming and good-looking. Will have a pretty easy time with the girls. Talks a little better than Cody, but not sure he would follow through any better than Cody. A Derrick type person may be able to control him.

Tiffany - Like Vanessa, she is very confident in herself. She says she will not be nearly as emotional which is good because that hurt Vanessa's game immensely. In her strategy she said the usual stuff, but also said to align with people who were big threats to put in front of her. I get that strategy, but people who tout that right away tend to keep people in the game who end up being the biggest threat to them. If she can avoid being an early target because of the Vanessa connection, she might go far. She says she will have a hard time throwing comps, but let's see if she is actually good at them first!

Paul - I don't really know what to think about this guy. On the one hand he seems like a cool laid back person that people may be kind of drawn to, but he could also be the guy that everyone kind of avoids or leaves the room when he enters. On the one hand, he talks about being crazy. blunt, sneaky and in your face kind of guy, then talking about laying back and being calm and cool. I think he is going to be the extreme one.................goes home the first week or is there until very, very late in the game, nothing in the middle.

Zakiyah - Reading her bio on HR, I thought she might be a toned down Chima type. There were a few subtle flags in there that said she would be ready and willing to play the race card at the drop of a hat. For instance she said she admired the alliance between Danielle Reyes and Jason because "she was an African-American and he was just a regular Caucasian guy." She said she will not win the first HOH because she is "chocolate so I am already a target." I could be way off because she seemed different talking to Jeff, but we will see. She says her mouth can get her into trouble so who knows. Not sure what to make of how she will do.

Corey - When it said he has "always wanted to be on reality TV and Big Brother seemed to fit his personality best" I was turned off. This guy wants to be famous. He wants to "let his light shine and impact people." Gimme a break! Like Ctown his comment about liking Cody because he makes rational decisions made me actually laugh out loud. He wants to make many alliances to stay off the block. He obviously doesn't know the show because he didn't know who Rachel was (said he had heard the name, but couldn't place her). I am sure he will team up with Paulie right away and they will be the charming nice guys the girls might be drawn to. I do find it interesting that he said he would rather be loved and lose the game than hated and win because his reputation means everything to him, but there are rumors out there that he has been in the hot seat for using the term "fag" on his Facebook page. The fact that he sleepwalks could be a bit entertaining. He might stick around but he will be a follower plain and simple.

Michelle - When I saw her picture, I thought of Nicole from Derrick's season. I was a fan of Nicole, although she was too trusting and it really did cost her. At least she was willing to try to make moves in the game. Michelle, like Nicole, is a superfan, but one who actually understands the game. She is on feeds and participates in chats, blogs and such. I LOVED it when she said that she really enjoyed picking apart Frankie for the way he acted on camera for the Price is Right show and that he didn't ever get on stage or anything! She talked abut egging people on to blow up their own games. Wants to win HOH to take out actual threats in the game. She talked about egging people on to blow up their own games and such. However, her live interview showed her to be a little more quirky than I thought she would be. I hope the interview was off the mark and she has the guts to follow through with the things she talks about. Also hope she CAN win comps.

Glenn - Typical Bronx New York type of personality. Says he is not there for fame and "hates phonies" and will call them out on it. Yep, that should work well with just about ANY BB cast. He admits his mouth could get him into trouble, but says that people won't be able to get under his skin. I think he might be a little thin-skinned. I also think he sees himself as an Enzo type person, but not sure he has the humor side to back that up (even though I really wasn't an Enzo fan). If he can get himself into a "bro group" he can probably go a ways, but I think he is going to lose his cool early on and become a target. He is a former police detective so he has to have SOME people reading skills, but I think there is a bit too much Bronx in this one to keep his mouth shut when he needs to. Also, he went from being a detective to a mobile dog groomer? That is a transition you don't see every day, right?

Natalie - My initial thought from her picture was that I would not like her. Read her bio which enforced that thought process. Watched her interview and am now 100% sure she will be getting on my nerves. Everything is "super cute" or "super sweet" and her favorite colors are "pink and glitter" (yes apparently glitter is a color). She wants an all girl alliance of 3 women, but doesn't want it to "get catty" and likes nice people. And she chose only 3 because women "suck at this game." She believes she will be "socially awesome" because she was the "sunshine girl" on her cheerleading squad, so people won't see her as a game player. She believes she is "socially awesome" and will always dress cute and look good. Enough said.

Jozea - When I saw his picture and read his bio, I thought okay this is the token flamboyant gay guy that BB typically chooses. He thinks very highly of himself and is convinced this will be a very easy game. Other than having to share a bathroom, he doesn't believe living in the BB house will be hard at all because he has had roommates before. I was surprised in the live interview that he wasn't more flamboyant, a bit more toned down than I expected. However, he still thinks this is going to be an easy street, he is the smartest person in the room and everyone will just love him. These are usually the types who have a tendency to melt downs. He does not like confrontation and retreats to doing dishes if confronted to harshly. I predict he will be gossipy and whining about how people are not being fair to him and such. He is kind of a diva type. He will attach himself to a couple of the girly girls who like to gossip and pout and will probably make it about midway through the game at least.

Bridgette - I agree with Ctown that she might be the Meg of the season socially. However, I believe she will be more competitive in the challenges. She is a traveling ER nurse, so she can probably think on her feet and is probably pretty smart. She was a bit more quirky and bubbly than I thought she would be, but if she can use that it might be an advantage. Her strategy of "spreading doubt" is interesting. If played right that can go a long way in causing paranoia and sometimes makes people implode or blow up their own alliances and such. She has a problem with bullies or people being condescending which seemed to be the one area where she might be vocal. She says she is a bad liar, which in this game can hurt you. She is kind of my dark horse one to watch. If the bubbly personality doesn't go overboard and if she can manage to be at least average in challenges, she might go a ways.

Victor - When I read his bio, I thought "egotistical womanizer" who believes he is God's gift to women. I figured he would want to be the "top dog" in the house as far as the women are concerned. In the live interview, I was surprised that he was as charming and laid back as he was. But the statements in his bio I believe probably are a bit more likely to be a better description of him. If he can get along with the other pretty boys, he might do well, but I am thinking he will probably be very jealous and that could spell trouble for him. He thinks he is the triple threat.....physical, smart and social.

Bronte - Ctown, I know you don't watch the videos, but at least watch hers just to hear her voice. She has the most annoying voice and weird personality to go along with it. I don't know how much of this one I can stand to listen to. Her dream is to be a mathematician. She is working on her second degree in this field, so you think, wow, must be pretty smart. Then Jeff asked her what was 9 x 9 and she stuttered and answered 89? Then explained that she does not have the visual capacity to do these things in her head, but can do it on her fingers, then demonstrated with her fingers that the answer was 81. She said she needs a piece of paper and a calculator for these things. She is big on statistics. She wants to prove that you can win this game by using behavioral science and statistics "because it works!" She takes motion sickness medication in order to be able to run, so I am thinking there won't be any endurance comps for this one! Might be kept around to be the token pawn for a few weeks, but I sure hope not!
Back to top Go down
oneblkeye
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 2098
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Protecting the house.

PostSubject: Re: Initial Impressions   Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:44 pm

First of I would like to say it's good to be back for another BB season and although I was mostly absent from here, I truly checked in at times and thought of this group often.

I won't go into a breakdown of each individual house guest because I'm truly still studying and learning about them. I pretty much know who I'm not liking at the moment. All of Da'vonne's backstabbing team she picked Paul being #1 with his hostile gay friend Joziah#2 Zakiyah needs to show me she's not salty like the rest of her crew.
I'm liking all the vets because I know them and not one of them bothered me during their season other than the normal dumb stuff housemates may do or say, but personality wise I liked them all.

I like Paulie,Corey, Victor is alright for the moment but I can see him talking a lot of sh!t and not a man to keep secrets. I like Natalie sexually I just hope her game is as hot as she is. I'm a professional watcher I will not be guided or swayed by my high libido so Natalie needz to bring game to keep my attention.

Tiffany seems more fun than her sister Vanessa socially,Bronte as a cuteness that I like I see her as a floater though. Michelle seems smart and very perceptive like Da'vonne they should work together Bridgette also look very sharp but sells like floater to me. I seem to like most of the cast accept those mentioned, but like every BB season my likes/dislikes are subject to change without notice...
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: Initial Impressions   Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:28 am

oneblkeye wrote:
First of I would like to say it's good to be back for another BB season and although I was mostly absent from here, I truly checked in at times and thought of this group often.

I won't go into a breakdown of each individual house guest because I'm truly still studying and learning about them. I pretty much know who I'm not liking at the moment. All of Da'vonne's backstabbing team she picked Paul being #1 with his hostile gay friend Joziah#2 Zakiyah needs to show me she's not salty like the rest of her crew.
I'm liking all the vets because I know them and not one of them bothered me during their season other than the normal dumb stuff housemates may do or say, but personality wise I liked them all.

I like Paulie,Corey, Victor is alright for the moment but I can see him talking a lot of sh!t and not a man to keep secrets. I like Natalie sexually I just hope her game is as hot as she is. I'm a professional watcher I will not be guided or swayed by my high libido so Natalie needz to bring game to keep my attention.

Tiffany seems more fun than her sister Vanessa socially,Bronte as a cuteness that I like I see her as a floater though. Michelle seems smart and very perceptive like Da'vonne they should work together Bridgette also look very sharp but sells like floater to me. I seem to like most of the cast accept those mentioned, but like every BB season my likes/dislikes are subject to change without notice...

Agreed! I was done with Josea the moment he made that comment about "getting the old people out." Also, he thinks WAAAAAAAYYYYY too much of himself, he is a tool. I thought I would like Paul but he is pissing me off, needs to tone it down a bit.

Right now I am liking Michelle, Nicole, James, Corey, and Bronte. I am sure this will change.

Welcome back OBE! big hug

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
oneblkeye
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 2098
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Protecting the house.

PostSubject: Re: Initial Impressions   Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:21 pm

capricious1 wrote:
oneblkeye wrote:
First of I would like to say it's good to be back for another BB season and although I was mostly absent from here, I truly checked in at times and thought of this group often.

I won't go into a breakdown of each individual house guest because I'm truly still studying and learning about them. I pretty much know who I'm not liking at the moment. All of Da'vonne's backstabbing team she picked Paul being #1 with his hostile gay friend Joziah#2 Zakiyah needs to show me she's not salty like the rest of her crew.
I'm liking all the vets because I know them and not one of them bothered me during their season other than the normal dumb stuff housemates may do or say, but personality wise I liked them all.

I like Paulie,Corey, Victor is alright for the moment but I can see him talking a lot of sh!t and not a man to keep secrets. I like Natalie sexually I just hope her game is as hot as she is. I'm a professional watcher I will not be guided or swayed by my high libido so Natalie needz to bring game to keep my attention.

Tiffany seems more fun than her sister Vanessa socially,Bronte as a cuteness that I like I see her as a floater though. Michelle seems smart and very perceptive like Da'vonne they should work together Bridgette also look very sharp but sells like floater to me. I seem to like most of the cast accept those mentioned, but like every BB season my likes/dislikes are subject to change without notice...

Agreed! I was done with Josea the moment he made that comment about "getting the old people out."  Also, he thinks WAAAAAAAYYYYY too much of himself, he is a tool.  I thought I would like Paul but he is pissing me off, needs to tone it down a bit.  

Right now I am liking Michelle, Nicole, James, Corey, and Bronte.  I am sure this will change.  

Welcome back OBE! big hug

Oh Cap, you can get so mushy at times with all that huggy, lovey, stuff; and I love it big hugz big hug right back and a firm butt pinch when they ain't looking.

I'm actually not too upset with cast this season was a little miffed that the senior of he group was gone so quickly, but I honestly believe he was set up for failure he may have had the personality to fit the house but physically he seemed challenged. I like all your cast likes Cap at the moment but as I said before with my mandatory BB cast disclaimer all cast likes/dislikes are subject to change without notice.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: Initial Impressions   Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:26 pm

oneblkeye wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
oneblkeye wrote:
First of I would like to say it's good to be back for another BB season and although I was mostly absent from here, I truly checked in at times and thought of this group often.

I won't go into a breakdown of each individual house guest because I'm truly still studying and learning about them. I pretty much know who I'm not liking at the moment. All of Da'vonne's backstabbing team she picked Paul being #1 with his hostile gay friend Joziah#2 Zakiyah needs to show me she's not salty like the rest of her crew.
I'm liking all the vets because I know them and not one of them bothered me during their season other than the normal dumb stuff housemates may do or say, but personality wise I liked them all.

I like Paulie,Corey, Victor is alright for the moment but I can see him talking a lot of sh!t and not a man to keep secrets. I like Natalie sexually I just hope her game is as hot as she is. I'm a professional watcher I will not be guided or swayed by my high libido so Natalie needz to bring game to keep my attention.

Tiffany seems more fun than her sister Vanessa socially,Bronte as a cuteness that I like I see her as a floater though. Michelle seems smart and very perceptive like Da'vonne they should work together Bridgette also look very sharp but sells like floater to me. I seem to like most of the cast accept those mentioned, but like every BB season my likes/dislikes are subject to change without notice...

Agreed! I was done with Josea the moment he made that comment about "getting the old people out."  Also, he thinks WAAAAAAAYYYYY too much of himself, he is a tool.  I thought I would like Paul but he is pissing me off, needs to tone it down a bit.  

Right now I am liking Michelle, Nicole, James, Corey, and Bronte.  I am sure this will change.  

Welcome back OBE! big hug

Oh Cap, you can get so mushy at times with all that huggy, lovey, stuff; and I love it big hugz big hug right back and a firm butt pinch when they ain't looking.

I'm actually not too upset with cast this season was a little miffed that the senior of he group was gone so quickly, but I honestly believe he was set up for failure he may have had the personality to fit the house but physically he seemed challenged. I like all your cast likes Cap at the moment but as I said before with my mandatory BB cast disclaimer all  cast likes/dislikes are subject to change without notice.

I was sad to see Glenn go so soon as well. I was rooting for him!

Pinch right back at ya! cheers1

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Initial Impressions   

Back to top Go down
 
Initial Impressions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions
» A - Z of Actors/Actresses, first name initial
» Dragon Nr: 6252 Tiger I Initial Production 3 in 1
» First impressions on my new ST-120
» Pz IV J Initial/Early Dragon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 18 (2016) :: Big Brother 18: NO SPOILERS - General Chat-
Jump to: