Hometown: West Palm Beach, FL
Current City: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2065

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:58 pm

Is it me or is Big Brother turning into The Real World? I think this is a sign that I'm getting older, because the cast seems to be getting younger and younger.

Every year, there are more and more complaints about BB casting and I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's getting harder and harder not to complain. Especially when you can clearly tell that BB is trying to recast the same characters as their previous cast members. And why must they cast siblings of past contestants? I don't want to see Cody's brother Paulie play BB, and I especially do NOT want to see Vanessa's sister, Tiffany play this game.

Remember the good ol' days when no one was related to past cast members and everyone was a fresh face? And people weren't trying to be the next bit thing in Hollywood??
Duh!

Oh and Hi everyone big hug ...It's BB TIME!!
Happy Dance YAY! Cheerleader Happy
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8828

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:03 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
Is it me or is Big Brother turning into The Real World? I think this is a sign that I'm getting older, because the cast seems to be getting younger and younger.

Every year, there are more and more complaints about BB casting and I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's getting harder and harder not to complain. Especially when you can clearly tell that BB is trying to recast the same characters as their previous cast members. And why must they cast siblings of past contestants? I don't want to see Cody's brother Paulie play BB, and I especially do NOT want to see Vanessa's sister, Tiffany play this game.

Remember the good ol' days when no one was related to past cast members and everyone was a fresh face? And people weren't trying to be the next bit thing in Hollywood??
Duh!

I never watched the Real World so have no idea there. But I agree that there is no reason to cast siblings of previous players. Especially players like Cody and Vanessa. Cody was a horrible player and I still shake my head over the fact that he gave up $500,000 due to loyalty. That asshat still claims he has no regrets over that decision.

It's funny, every year, we wait for the cast reveal and are almost always disappointed. I think the anticipation we have is too built up so it will always be a letdown. We can ony hope that we have some game players in this group.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11259

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:56 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:

Duh!

It really does seem like the cast for "The Real World." Once again, more diversity in age is needed. I am sick of the same ole' thing every season. I wish they could do a "retro" season with a fresh cast and food comps, pb&j, etc. No more magic power of golden veto crap!

ctown is right, we get all hyped up and then let down every year. Are we asking to much? Anyway, I will be watching! I already dislike Natalie. She reminds me of Ariana Grande, which reminds me of Frankie, which makes me nauseous.

OH! Welcome back Lizzy!!!!!!!! big hug

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:35 pm

capricious1 wrote:
I already dislike Natalie.  She reminds me of Ariana Grande, which reminds me of Frankie, which makes me nauseous.

For me, she reminds me of Victoria. The self labeled, spoiled princess who thinks she's the prettiest person on the planet.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11259

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:17 am

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
I already dislike Natalie.  She reminds me of Ariana Grande, which reminds me of Frankie, which makes me nauseous.

For me, she reminds me of Victoria.  The self labeled, spoiled princess who thinks she's the prettiest person on the planet.

Oh I am sure she has some Victoria-like qualities.....meet this years diva!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6451

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:04 pm

I haven't looked at the bios or any background on any of them yet and my initial impressions both on their photos and their bios is almost ALWAYS wrong. I have never watched real world either, but I agree the cast appears to be a bit young. As Ctown said, we have to hope that there are some game players in there.

Without even seeing anything, the fact that Paulie's head shot is of him with his shirt off I believe is very telling. Last I saw, Cody was doing pretty well with the modeling thing, so this is probably a launch pad for something like this for his brother too. Maybe he will be the smarter, more evil brother in the family!

I guess BB casting just can't break the mold of making sure all their little categories or type casts are filled each year. If they would just cast each person based on their own merit.............intelligence, guts, savvy, actually have watched the show or at the very least KNOW THE BASICS of how it works. ELIMINATE anyone who wants to be on the show to be the next great actor or celebrity. ELIMINATE the over-the-top superfan.

I have to think they have thousands and thousands of people applying to be on the show and it baffles me the choices they make at times. But even when disappointed with their choices, I do LOVE this show and I do LOVE complaining and cheering for it every year.

And Lizzy, I will be watching you for signs of the mist too! Watching U
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2065

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:07 pm

capricious1 wrote:

It really does seem like the cast for "The Real World."  Once again, more diversity in age is needed.  I am sick of the same ole' thing every season.  I wish they could do a "retro" season with a fresh cast and food comps, pb&j, etc.  No more magic power of golden veto crap!

ctown is right, we get all hyped up and then let down every year.  Are we asking to much?  Anyway, I will be watching! I already dislike Natalie.  She reminds me of Ariana Grande, which reminds me of Frankie, which makes me nauseous.

Hi Capri! big hug

I love THIS idea of a retro season!! With a fresh cast, food comps, PB&J, no more slop and yeah, no more Golden Power of Veto or Pandora's Box! Also, I liked when they would decorate the HoH according to who won!

But alas, I don't think we'll ever get our wishes. Booo.

And we're already on the same page with Natalie. She totally reminded me of Ariana Grande, which reminded me of Frankie, which makes me want to Puke

Speaking of which, I read somewhere that there's a Frankie Grande superfan in this cast! Ugh. hand

chap5788 wrote:

I haven't looked at the bios or any background on any of them yet and my initial impressions both on their photos and their bios is almost ALWAYS wrong. I have never watched real world either, but I agree the cast appears to be a bit young.  

Hi Chap!  big hug

I haven't looked at bios or read any background either. Just knew about Cody and Vanessa's siblings and the Frankie Grande thing (but don't know which player!)... mostly because, if you want to watch the interviews, you have to pay for All Access. Ridiculous! And I refuse to pay (also because, I'd get nothing done!!)

But I completely agree about Paulie. He's totally looking to follow in the footsteps of his brother's "modeling career".

All  I ask for is a cast who actually knows about Big Brother, but aren't Superfans. A cast who isn't boring and will be entertaining, BUT not mean and entitled. A cast that isn't trying to make it big in Hollywood. A cast of all age ranges. And finally, a few pretty boys to gawk at!  Hubba Hubba!  TeeHee Is that too much to ask for??

Oh and Chap, I'm prepping the mist. I'm thinking it's going to be stronger than ever before!!  crystalball
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:26 pm

[quote="KeenLizzy"]

Speaking of which, I read somewhere that there's a Frankie Grande superfan in this cast! Ugh. hand [quote]

Quote :

I haven't looked at bios or read any background either. Just knew about Cody and Vanessa's siblings and the Frankie Grande thing (but don't know which player!)... mostly because, if you want to watch the interviews, you have to pay for All Access. Ridiculous! And I refuse to pay (also because, I'd get nothing done!!)

I haven't watched the videos even though I have access to them and I refuse to watch them. They are never accurate and the questions they give Jeff to read to them are horrible. They should let Evel Dick do the interviews and ask real questions.

Quote :

All  I ask for is a cast who actually knows about Big Brother, but aren't Superfans. A cast who isn't boring and will be entertaining, BUT not mean and entitled. A cast that isn't trying to make it big in Hollywood. A cast of all age ranges. And finally, a few pretty boys to gawk at!  Hubba Hubba!  TeeHee Is that too much to ask for??

There are a few in there that actually know the show. Tiffany is one I can think of offhand and the other is Glenn. Then you have your usual recruits who have no idea and their only experience is what they've seen in sequester.

Here is a great idea that they should use to determine who is on slop.

During the HoH, the lowest 4 people are automatically on slop, in the event of ties, all ties for owest four are on slop. Also to add a nice twist to it. Whoever wins HoH is automatically on slop the following week. This adds a bit of intrigue to being the HoH. Yes, you get the power and comfort for a week, but are you willing to give up that comfort the following week?
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:02 am

These people look like celebrity look-alike rejects.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Lizzy, you don't have to pay for the all access in order to watch the interviews, it is on the CBS website. I WILL get that access pass later, but I didn't need it to watch the interviews.

Ctown, I really like your idea about the slop. We have discussed this before, having some sort of penalty for coming in last in the comps (some on purpose, some just inept). Of course the Victoria or Pao types would be on slop until they were evicted! I do really like your idea of the HOH being on slop he following week though. From the penthouse to the outhouse scenario!
Back to top Go down
Missmeliss40
BB ULTRA Super Junkie
BB ULTRA Super Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:35 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Lizzy, you don't have to pay for the all access in order to watch the interviews, it is on the CBS website.  I WILL get that access pass later, but I didn't need it to watch the interviews.

I was able to watch the interviews on YouTube. Big Brother Updates tweeted the link to them the other day.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:52 am

Lizzy, I totally missed your comment about the mist! If it is that strong, can you use it on Grodner to make sure these "twists" she has planned are actually good ones and not lame and stupid like the Battle of the Block?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cast released   

Back to top Go down

Cast released
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1