HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Great Interview with Dr Will

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9056
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Great Interview with Dr Will   Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:11 pm

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/42210/big-brother-finale-will-kirby-reveals-a-very-angry-jury/

Quote :
A long summer of backstabbing, tears and groan-inducing puns finally comes to an end Wednesday night as Big Brother crowns its seventeenth winner. In the finale, Dr. Will Kirby—the fan-favorite winner of season two who is widely considered the game’s greatest player—returns for a third time to host the jury roundtable. He’ll sit down with those bitter bunnies to flesh out which of the finalists—Vanessa, Steve or Liz—deserves their vote to take home the $500,000 prize. We caught up with Kirby to find out what went down and how he expects the vote will turn out.


What do you think of the final three?
My honest opinion, which I think is very different than the general consensus, is that this is a phenomenal final three. This is the third year that I’ve hosted the jury roundtable, but it’s the first year where any of the three actually can win. I think both Vanessa and Steve are extremely qualified to win. I remain unconvinced that Liz is as strong a competitor as those two. However, she’s got at least two votes in the jury, and this comes down to a statistical place. To be honest, last year, Derrick was the runaway winner, and that was the consensus among the jury. I had a real uphill battle trying to get them to consider anything [else]. This year, that wasn’t the case with the jury. There was a healthy debate about which of the three was going to win.

How bitter is the jury this year?
They’re extremely pissed off. In fact, I had to ask them to stop talking over each other and to give each other basic respect. They were not even listening to each other. They’re very angry, and the emotion is pretty raw for some of them.

Which jury member surprised you the most at the roundtable?
I think James is extremely logical. It takes awhile to decompress from the show, I can tell you that firsthand. So when you’re in the jury house, you’re thinking of your moves and what you could have done. Jealousy is a very primal human emotion, and there’s a tremendous amount of jealousy on the jury. [But] I was shocked by James being able to sort of take a step back and kind of logically dissect his mistakes and offer up regrets. I feel like he’s really coming to terms with the Kubler-Ross stages of dying.

When Austin came to the jury house last week, he seemed like he was gearing up to be particularly vicious. Was he pretty cutthroat at the roundtable?
Here’s the thing. When you say “cutthroat” or “vicious” that, in my mind, implies you’re logical. I think Vanessa evicted him, and he’s obviously super hurt by that. So he’s hellbent on turning the jury against her. The problem is, the jury doesn’t really like him, so that could easily backfire. If someone you don’t like gives you advice, why would you follow it? He somehow thinks that he’s this phenomenal public speaker and he’s this motivator, and he’s convinced himself that he’s going to convince the jury to vote which way he wants. But the jury was kind of rolling eyes at him when he was explaining what they should do.

Do you think the jury will vote based on game play or go off their emotions?
You know, they’re hyper-aware of how they’re being perceived by the public—so much, in fact, that they almost can’t make decisions on their own. They’re making decisions that they think the public would like. I said to them, “What the public really responds to—because I’ve been doing this a long time, guys—is authenticity.” They like it when you’re genuine. If you say, “Hey, I’m super bitter, and I’m not casting my vote so much for one person, as I am against someone else,” then America will respect that. That can be your legacy. But if you just kind of make up false reasons why you’re going to vote for someone, the public sees that, and then you’re just kind of a joke in the annals of Big Brother history.

CBS chairman and CEO Les Moonves recently said that “usually you have one or two disappointments” in the show’s casting, but this year there were “five or six.” Do you agree?
He’s absolutely, unequivocally, 100 percent wrong. You can’t predict who you’re going to fall in love with. It takes awhile for these things to work out and to mature and to evolve. If you really break it down, what happened is big personalities got eliminated very, very quickly. We watch the show for entertainment, and when some of the better “entertainers” are eliminated quickly, then maybe that middle group doesn’t seem comparatively as interesting. So the dilemma we have is, the jury is not the most dynamic, outgoing group of individuals. But this isn’t Jersey Shore. You can’t have people flipping tables and slapping each other, or you just don’t have a show… I stand by the casting decisions. It’s a very difficult job to find 16 different people who are available, who are interesting, who are STD-free and who have big personalities to appear on the show.

There’s been a lot of chatter online that the show is in need of some kind of revamp or structural changes. What are you thoughts on that?
Everybody’s a Monday morning quarterback. I can’t tell you how many times someone will come up to me who’s unbelievably boring and go, “You know what, I’d be amazing on that show!” And I’m like, “You’re not even amazing here at the grocery store.” The truth is, most people are, like, unrelentingly boring. The show gets consistent ratings, and as you know all too well, TV is changing. I played 14 years ago on Big Brother, and it’s changed dramatically since then. [But] the truth is, Big Brother’s a staple that provides consistent ratings over time. Could you make the show different? Of course you could. [But] it’s pure speculation as to how that would affect it. Maybe that would be terrible and it would kill the franchise.

Who’s going to win the season?
If you put a gun to my head and made me guess right now, knowing that I have no influence, I think Steve will probably win. I’m reluctantly saying that, and it’s against my nature, but I’ll just go ahead and float it out there that I think he’ll probably win.

Who do you think will win America’s vote for favorite houseguest, which comes with a $25,000 prize?
You know what, you really have to look at the core demographic of America, and I think we watch it for the young flesh and for the entertainment. I think America will probably think that Johnny Mac was the most entertaining because he was just a real odd character—his bizarre laugh, his sort of Bobcat Goldthwait pent-up, waiting-to-explode-underlying anxiety was just kind of bizarre and fascinating to watch.

You’ve met him in real life now. Is there something wrong with him?
I’m a board-certified dermatologist. I am not a psychologist. I think there’s something wrong with every single person who plays on Big Brother, including myself. But there is definitely something wrong with all the jury members.

Who deserves a chance to come back and play again?
What’s fascinating to me [is] you can see they’re all kind of digesting what happened, and they’re all finagling this mythical all-stars spot that may or may not exist. I’ve seen that the last three years in a row. The jury members literally pull me aside at the end and are like, “Hey, could you put in a good word for me with all-stars?” It’s like, one, I know this is going to come as a shock, but my power at CBS is slightly lower than the janitor who just got fired for meth addiction. No one gives a s—t what I think. And two, you were on the show five minutes ago! Why didn’t you play then?

Evel Dick and Dan were talking about this last night on Dick at Nite. The key point is that people will remember you in a bad way if you are a bitter juror. I agree with that 100%

They also talked about casting quite a bit on D@N and Dan brought up what I've been saying for the past couple years, always bring back returning players, but he had a somewhat different take on it that I didn't think about. I always said that it automatically divides the house, which he did touch on, but had an even better reason. You know what you are getting with them, the viewers already have an opinion so whether it's someone you love or hate, they bring out emotions in viewers. You just have to be careful to bring the right ones back. For example, Mr Pectacular is a great choice, many people can't stand him, but he brings out great emotions. Someone like Adma Poch is a horrible choice, everyone is indifferent about him, he didn't play the game and was not entertaining
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Female Posts : 2065
Join date : 2011-07-19
Location : HOH room ;)

PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Great article! Thanks for posting.

I knew this jury would be bitter! Half of them have no clue what they're doing.

And Creepy is an idiot! Oh to be a fly on the wall when he realizes no one likes him. Liz will quickly dump his ass when she realizes he was despised by America.

If that happens in social media and Liz publically drops Creepy's ass... ctown, PLEASE keep me posted!! TeeHee Begging
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6676
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Great interview. I love how Dr. Will always tells it like it is, doesn't sugar coat it in any way.

I think I posted something right after Austin went to jury that I thought him trying to taint the jury against Vanessa would have the reverse effect because nobody has any respect for him. I think they see him as someone who hid behind the twins AND Vanessa and all he really did was talk to people, but was usually instructed on what to say by Vanessa for the most part.

I was a little bummed that he said Jmac would probably win AFP, but he is probably right. I really had hoped it would be James because he at least played the game and even though he made mistakes, he at least understood how the game worked. I still hold out hope that James can pull it off. Also on the subject of James I was not surprised at all that Dr. Will found him to be a logical juror and was able to step back and see the gameplay for what it was and not take it all so personal.

I really wish they would do an episode of BBAD showing the round table in more detail than what makes the show. They can edit it if they want, but I would like to see some of those conversations and Dr. Will telling them not to talk over each other and such. Hell when it gets down to the final 3, other than the final HOH comps, I don't really care what is going on in the house as much, so I think they should give us some footage from the jury house just in general either on the feeds for a hour or so or on BBAD.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2693
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Thanks ctown, that was a great interview. I always wondered why BB doesn't have a reunion show like Survivor.....that's a show I would really love to see. I can only imagine how they would react after watching some episodes & DR sessions back home.

Well, I'm hoping Steve wins tonight & he brings Liz along for the ride. It would give me great pleasure to see Vanessa booted out at this point in the game, & of course I want to Steve win it all!

I would also like to see James get AF, but will be happy if Johnny Mac gets it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9056
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:09 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Thanks ctown, that was a great interview.  I always wondered why BB doesn't have a reunion show like Survivor.....that's a show I would really love to see.  I can only imagine how they would react after watching some episodes & DR sessions back home.

People say it's not possible because everything is live like the evictions and such, and then we'd have to wait until they are all caught up to see who the winner is, but I have a different way it could happen.

Let's all face it, we sit and wait and wait and wait, every June for BB to start, and they start off with two shows on Wed and Thursday, well how about scheduling a reunion with the previous years jurors as a tune up. It could be done right before we meet the new cast and send them off into the house. Doesn't even really need to take up more than 30 minutes. I think the fans would eat something like that up, of course, there are the logistics to get those people out there but I'n sure CBS could afford to make it happen
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6676
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:10 am

ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:
Thanks ctown, that was a great interview.  I always wondered why BB doesn't have a reunion show like Survivor.....that's a show I would really love to see.  I can only imagine how they would react after watching some episodes & DR sessions back home.

People say it's not possible because everything is live like the evictions and such, and then we'd have to wait until they are all caught up to see who the winner is, but I have a different way it could happen.

Let's all face it, we sit and wait and wait and wait, every June for BB to start, and they start off with two shows on Wed and Thursday, well how about scheduling a reunion with the previous years jurors as a tune up.  It could be done right before we meet the new cast and send them off into the house.  Doesn't even really need to take up more than 30 minutes.  I think the fans would eat something like that up, of course, there are the logistics to get those people out there but I'n sure CBS could afford to make it happen

Ctown, you and I have talked/suggested this for several seasons now, but the BB powers are not listening. This would be a fantastic way to kick off the season. Take this season for instance, I would love to see how Austwins feel about being at the bottom of the polls for virtually the ENTIRE season. Also would love to see what Austin thinks about some of those cuddle times between Liz and Jeff AND that Liz was the one who voted for Jeff. Shelli and Clay finding out they were not the shining showmance they thought they were and were actually not very well liked.

Yep, this would be an EXCELLENT way to kick off the season. And as far as CBS having trouble getting them there for the show, I am sure there is something in the fine print of that contract that they are pretty much owned by CBS at least for the 1 to 3 years, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2693
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:41 am

Excellent idea...my evil mind would love to see the Austwins show up & explain that Liz dumped Austin on the day after the finale....Vanessa shows up in rags because she lost it all in Vegas....James is now a multimillionaire because he invested his money wisely & hit a big oil well down in Texas....

Feel free to add your own if you're as evil as I am Devil Snicker
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 6676
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Excellent idea...my evil mind would love to see the Austwins show up & explain that Liz dumped Austin on the day after the finale....Vanessa shows up in rags because she lost it all in Vegas....James is now a multimillionaire because he invested his money wisely & hit a big oil well down in Texas....

Feel free to add your own if you're as evil as I am Devil Snicker

Lyndsey, you do have an evil side, and I LOVE IT!

We also find out that Liz hooked up with Jeff (from Amazing Race) and they are living together. Clay and Shelli fizzled out quickly and he is now dating Meg. Jason no longer works at the grocery store and moved out of his mother's basement because he landed a great job through a CBS connection of some sort (or maybe he just buys a lottery ticket and won a jackpot). Julia tried to pursue Steve (he did win $500,000), but he determined his interest was an in-house crush only and dropped her quickly. Basic Becky is still very boring.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2693
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:17 am

chap5788 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:
Excellent idea...my evil mind would love to see the Austwins show up & explain that Liz dumped Austin on the day after the finale....Vanessa shows up in rags because she lost it all in Vegas....James is now a multimillionaire because he invested his money wisely & hit a big oil well down in Texas....

Feel free to add your own if you're as evil as I am Devil Snicker

Lyndsey, you do have an evil side, and I LOVE IT!

We also find out that Liz hooked up with Jeff (from Amazing Race) and they are living together.  Clay and Shelli fizzled out quickly and he is now dating Meg.  Jason no longer works at the grocery store and moved out of his mother's basement because he landed a great job through a CBS connection of some sort (or maybe he just buys a lottery ticket and won a jackpot).  Julia tried to pursue Steve (he did win $500,000), but he determined his interest was an in-house crush only and dropped her quickly.  Basic Becky is still very boring.

Good ones chap, especially Clay & Meg! Becky will always be boring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Great Interview with Dr Will   

Back to top Go down
 
Great Interview with Dr Will
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dames of Dialogue Interview w/D. K. Christi
» Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun
» Dubai Atlantis Grand Opening - Gerry Interview
» Moviefone Interview - Gerard Butler Talks Dragons, Career Choices and '300'
» seeking magazine, " just great papers "

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 17 (2015) :: Big Brother 17: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: