Share | 

Medication

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6779

PostSubject: Medication   Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:47 pm

I have thought about this subject several times through this season, but never posted about it. Every season, they have people who are on chronic medication for either depression, mood disorders, anxiety or ADHD.

Audrey was on meds, part of which I am sure were hormones having to do with transgender, but she was also on anti anxiety meds of some kind.

Vanessa has talked about her meds and has said that it is not Adderall, but is a similar drug. I have noticed that it really alters her cognitive abilities to the extreme. When she gets up in the morning she goes and gets her meds and usually goes back to bed for a period of time. If people try to talk to her during that time, she seems very spacey and will tell them she has to talk to them later when her meds kick in. She always gets called to the DR shortly before comps for meds or they put them in the SR. When they knew the HOH comp was going to be starting soon Vanessa went straight to the SR, but they wouldn't let her in. She wasn't happy. The feeds went off and the comp started about 30 minutes later.

About 45 minutes into the comp, she acted very loopy. She was laughing for no apparent reason and Liz and Steve were looking at her like she was losing it. She just kept talking and was very animated and saying "you just have to laugh at this stuff" and so on. By the end of the 4-hour comp she was still pretty "up" and telling Liz she could go 10 more hours (quite an exaggeration I'm sure, but she was still very animated).

Now she has been complaining about how injured she is from the comp...........more than anyone else of course even though they were all up there almost the same amount of time. I get she is older than Steve and Liz, but she acts like she was treated more harshly or something. She bitched and complained and went to the DR several times to try to see the doctor. They told her like they told the others to use ice packs and hot packs, but this was not good enough for her. Now today, the doctor gave her muscle relaxers and she was very happy about it. She then said she gets to take them every 2 hours.

I just think it is ridiculous the way people abuse medications on this show. Maybe she does have ADHD or a mood disorder (she certainly is up and down a lot of the time), but the fact that she makes sure she has this medication before any and all comps, and a couple of times it didn't happen and she didn't do well (the comic book one comes to mind), she bitched and complained about the DR not taking care of it.

These medications are so over-prescribed it is ridiculous. I mean I could use something to make me sharper at certain times of the day, but it has nothing to do with a medical condition or anything. These medications for many of these people are crutches plain and simple and I think it is ridiculous that some people are able to get a "leg up" by using meds like this because it gives them more energy or more focus or whatever the hell it does for them. In my opinion it is borderline cheating. If someone is on these medications, they need to take it at a certain time and not plan to use it in order to do better in a competition. This tells me that it is being used to accentuate ones abilities as opposed to being used to control a medical condition.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9148

PostSubject: Re: Medication   Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:14 am

I agree. On the application BB asks if you are on any medication. It would be in their best interest to take all applicants that are on medication of ANY kind and just dismiss them. This way if anyone gets into the house and claims they need their "prescribed medication" BB has the application that states no medication. I agree that this stuff is way over prescribed and provides an unfair advantage. It's been going on in this game for years.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Medication   Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:19 am

ctown28 wrote:
I agree.  On the application BB asks if you are on any medication.  It would be in their best interest to take all applicants that are on medication of ANY kind and just dismiss them.  This way if anyone gets into the house and claims they need their "prescribed medication" BB has the application that states no medication.  I agree that this stuff is way over prescribed and provides an unfair advantage.  It's been going on in this game for years.

I could not agree with you more. Quite frankly, I think it has gotten worse in the past few seasons. It is almost like it is becoming a requirement that a person has to be on those types of medications in order to actually be chosen for the show. Hey, Ctown, maybe you should have found some kind of quack doctor to provide you with a prescription for one of those medications when you were still trying out, then you could have made it on the show!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Medication   Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:24 pm

So this morning Vanessa was going on and on about the medication (muscle relaxers) making her loopy and she can barely remember the comp from last night. Then she proceeds to make a mimosa saying "doses and mimosas" before doing so. As far as I know there is always a warning on the muscle relaxer label that you are not to drink alcohol with them, so why would BB allow this to happen? Basically this girl only wants to get high at this point. Funny thing, her neck wasn't quite so stiff and sore when she had to maneuver her head to put on her eyeliner, probably because nobody else was in the room. I just can't believe that BB didn't call her out about it or something.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9148

PostSubject: Re: Medication   Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:32 pm

chap5788 wrote:
So this morning Vanessa was going on and on about the medication (muscle relaxers) making her loopy and she can barely remember the comp from last night.  Then she proceeds to make a mimosa saying "doses and mimosas" before doing so.  As far as I know there is always a warning on the muscle relaxer label that you are not to drink alcohol with them, so why would BB allow this to happen?  Basically this girl only wants to get high at this point.  Funny thing, her neck wasn't quite so stiff and sore when she had to maneuver her head to put on her eyeliner, probably because nobody else was in the room.  I just can't believe that BB didn't call her out about it or something.  

It's not a good idea to have alcohol with any kind of drug. This got me thinking though. You're right, why would BB allow that? That would just opne the door for a potential lawsuit should anything happen. Unless of course, those pills they are giving her are nothing more than placebos!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Medication   Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:50 pm

ctown28 wrote:
It's not a good idea to have alcohol with any kind of drug.  This got me thinking though.  You're right, why would BB allow that?  That would just opne the door for a potential lawsuit should anything happen.  Unless of course, those pills they are giving her are nothing more than placebos!

I guess it is possible, but judging from her obvious knowledge (and apparent need) for drugs, I am thinking she would know the difference!

But seriously, right now she is taking her ADHD medication, antibiotics for her acne, muscle relaxers for her neck and drinking alcohol too. Seems to me there would be some sort of contraindication in there some where, right?
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1442

PostSubject: Re: Medication   Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:48 am

That's ridiculous at the least they should have called her to DR and say the doctor Said no alcohol so it's either the muscle relaxer or booze, not both. What meds was Adam taking? I remember him saying he had to quit taking some medication because BB wouldn't allow it so I have never applied because I take medication, what the hell? At least mine isn't mind altering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medication   

Back to top Go down

Medication
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1