America's Favorite

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6758

PostSubject: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:05 am

I am throwing all my daily votes to James. I loved all the pranks he played in the house. He always tried to have fun and be funny. He was not afraid to make moves when he had power. I think he deserves it.

Jmac would have been a consideration for me earlier in the game, but he got to be way too lazy. His DR's are certainly entertaining, but he spends the rest of the time sleeping or waiting to be told what to do except of maybe the last week or two.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9139

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:33 am

Like the past several years, I am not casting a single vote for anyone. I think it's all ascam and clickbait. I do think it should go to James and I still think that only jury members should be eligible. I stopped voting when they changed it to make it wide open and Janelle was campaigning on Twitter for people to vote for her, I'm glad she still lost though. Her whole thing was "Vote for me and I'll follow you" which is stupid. I don't care who follows me on Twitter. What I do care about is if I ask a question or reply to a comment a discussion could start. Evel Dick is awesome replying to fans as is Shelli Moore. Rachel isn;t bad at all, but people like Janelle think the fans are beneath them
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2693

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:47 am

Ctown, I agree that America's Favorite should only be selected from the jury pool.

For what it's worth I will give all my votes to James. I would love to see a chart listing all the votes each houseguest received & see the Austwins all on the bottom. Vanessa may have redeemed herself with her Austin eviction & moved up a few notches.

I think James handled himself well with no animosity towards anyone & he was entertaining to watch...just an all around nice guy.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:05 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Ctown, I agree that America's Favorite should only be selected from the jury pool.  

For what it's worth I will give all my votes to James.  I would love to see a chart listing all the votes each houseguest received & see the Austwins all on the bottom.  Vanessa may have redeemed herself with her Austin eviction & moved up a few notches.

I think James handled himself well with no animosity towards anyone & he was entertaining to watch...just an all around nice guy.

I also agree that it should only be jury members, not people who are out of sequester and able to campaign for themselves like Janelle did.

It is too bad Ctown that you have chosen not to vote. I think especially with the social media that can show a trend of what or who is popular, there is less of a chance of the winner being predetermined. Kind of like what we talked about earlier about the BOB being a "fan favorite" and social medial blew up showing that was not the case. But to each his own I guess.

Lyndsey, I agree with you completely about James. For this prize I always choose people who are likable and entertaining and a bonus is that James actually played the game as well. Joker's poll is usually a pretty good gauge of who has a chance to win it each season and James has been at the top for weeks now, but Jmac is closing back in on him in the past week or so. I truly think James deserves it more and hopefully he can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2065

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:10 am

I am giving all my votes to Johnny!! I like the fact that he wasn't liked at the beginning, and then the entire world started liking him! hypnotize

I wish James would've gone further in the game, but he wasn't my favorite person by far! I think because he kept so much information in and didn't blow up people's game, well it kind of gave me a bad taste in my mouth. But when he got super close to Meg, that did it for me and ... I just wasn't too keen about him. TeeHee

But nonetheless....I'm voting on a personal level and I Heart Johnny!! So he gets all my votes.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:43 am

KeenLizzy wrote:
I am giving all my votes to Johnny!! I like the fact that he wasn't liked at the beginning, and then the entire world started liking him! hypnotize

I wish James would've gone further in the game, but he wasn't my favorite person by far! I think because he kept so much information in and didn't blow up people's game, well it kind of gave me a bad taste in my mouth. But when he got super close to Meg, that did it for me and ... I just wasn't too keen about him. TeeHee

But nonetheless....I'm voting on a personal level and I Heart Johnny!! So he gets all my votes.

Sorry Lizzy, the mist isn't going to work on me this time. You are correct, I didn't like Jmac at the beginning and then his DR's were so entertaining I started liking him (your mist worked then). But then he just became such a lazy player, sleeping all the time and just doing what he was told to do mostly by Clay. His only "go to" move was to offer to throw comps all the time.

As far as holding information, Jmac had plenty of information at his disposal throughout the game and did not use any of it, so that argument doesn't work for me either.

I thought James' friendship with Meg was really quite endearing and cute. I do think it held his game back a bit in the latter stages of the game, but at least they were completely true to each other, a rare commodity in this game. I thought James was very entertaining with all his pranks. He was also able to separate the game play from the every day happenings in the house and was never afraid to make big moves when he had power. All those things add up to my favorite this season. If it makes any difference, Jmac would be my second choice!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:22 am

KeenLizzy wrote:

You should vote on a personal level. That's why its Americas favorite and not Americas opinion of best player.

They sometimes go hand in hand, sometimes they don't.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:27 am

chap5788 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:

Sorry Lizzy, the mist isn't going to work on me this time.  You are correct, I didn't like Jmac at the beginning and then his DR's were so entertaining I started liking him (your mist worked then).  But then he just became such a lazy player, sleeping all the time and just doing what he was told to do mostly by Clay.  His only "go to" move was to offer to throw comps all the time.

As far as holding information, Jmac had plenty of information at his disposal throughout the game and did not use any of it, so that argument doesn't work for me either.

I thought James' friendship with Meg was really quite endearing and cute.  I do think it held his game back a bit in the latter stages of the game, but at least they were completely true to each other, a rare commodity in this game.  I thought James was very entertaining with all his pranks.  He was also able to separate the game play from the every day happenings in the house and was never afraid to make big moves when he had power.  All those things add up to my favorite this season.  If it makes any difference, Jmac would be my second choice!

Well I'm not trying to mist anyone. TeeHee I just really like Johnny and think he's cute.

And yes James was semi entertaining but I'm like that 1% of America who cannot stand pranks! Especially ones that involve bathrooms!! And his pranks annoyed the shit out if me! Okay the ones where he'd scare Julia were funny but I'm talking about his stupid pranks with the honey on door knobs and all over the house which in turn brought the ants. It also seemed that before CBS showed him prancking Julia and the Houseguests, at the beginning people didn't think he was so funny, but more annoying. I even think you guys complained about it on here?? (Or it could've been Facebook). Also he had a real misogynistic tone to him that kind of turned me off. I think when he started to hang out more with Meg, after Jason left, he seemed to change. Which I think was really due to Meg.

I did like that James didn't take anything personal. But I don't agree about the big moves. Yes he made them when he was HOH but once all his friends were getting kicked out, he didn't make any big moves. A big move in my book would've been to somehow save himself AND Meg! Or at least do something to try and save themselves. And also he and Meg laid in that bed and slept just as much as Johnny when they were on the block. I just wish that James had teamed up with John and together gotten rid of Vanessa.

I also think Johnny had a different approach. I think that throwing comps was his thing. And doing what people told him to was another thing BUT when the time came for him to win, he'd win. And again he didn't always do what Clay&M told him to. Remember they wanted him not to use the veto on himself and he used it. Plus, think about it, at the time no one seemed to like him. So all he had was Clay and Shelli.

But back to James. I wish he'd gone further in the game because I actually wanted to see him win! But since this is for favorite houseguest, I just really like Johnny. And so my votes go to him.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2693

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:35 am

I'm voting on a personal level for James & I wouldn't be upset if Johnny Mac won either. Neither one played a great game & as ctown said, that's not what it's about anyway.

I think it's a given that the Austwins or Vanessa will not get it or even come close. Steve was starting to get more popular in the past few weeks but I don't think enough for him to win either.

Chap thanks for letting me know James was on the top on Jokers...I haven't been over there once this season.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:23 am

KeenLizzy wrote:
Well I'm not trying to mist anyone. TeeHee  I just really like Johnny and think he's cute.

And yes James was semi entertaining but I'm like that 1% of America who cannot stand pranks! Especially ones that involve bathrooms!! And his pranks annoyed the shit out if me! Okay the ones where he'd scare Julia were funny but I'm talking about his stupid pranks with the honey on door knobs and all over the house which in turn brought the ants. It also seemed that before CBS showed him prancking Julia and the Houseguests, at the beginning people didn't think he was so funny, but more annoying. I even think you guys complained about it on here?? (Or it could've been Facebook). Also he had a real misogynistic tone to him that kind of turned me off. I think when he started to hang out more with Meg, after Jason left, he seemed to change. Which I think was really due to Meg.

I did like that James didn't take anything personal. But I don't agree about the big moves. Yes he made them when he was HOH but once all his friends were getting kicked out, he didn't make any big moves. A big move in my book would've been to somehow save himself AND Meg! Or at least do something to try and save themselves. And also he and Meg laid in that bed and slept just as much as Johnny when they were on the block.  I just wish that James had teamed up with John and together gotten rid of Vanessa.

I also think Johnny had a different approach. I think that throwing comps was his thing. And doing what people told him to was another thing BUT when the time came for him to win, he'd win. And again he didn't always do what Clay&M told him to. Remember they wanted him not to use the veto on himself and he used it. Plus, think about it, at the time no one seemed to like him. So all he had was Clay and Shelli.

But back to James.  I wish he'd gone further in the game because I actually wanted to see him win! But since this is for favorite houseguest, I just really like Johnny. And so my votes go to him.

This is why we vote for our favorites on a personal level. Honestly I like both of them, but you give the edge to Jmac and I give the edge to James. Nothing wrong with either way quite frankly.

Yes, I was one to complain about some of James' crude remarks early on, but as the numbers in the house dwindled and I would hear complete conversations instead of just a comment here or there I realized that he was actually a pretty decent guy, just trying to be funny most of the time. I for one enjoy a good prank, especially when he would scare people. I don't think I would like the honey on the door handles and such, but it wouldn't turn me off from the other things I enjoy about him. As far as that honey attracting the ants, apparently this ant infestation is a problem on the entire CBS lot. The hg's were talking about it in the last week or so that everything on that lot is completely infested with ants and they even saw termites last week (or so that is what they said). So I am not sure that those pranks really enhanced that situation or not, but I am sure it didn't help either.

I am afraid we have to disagree on the gameplay aspect. Jmac had no game. Throwing comps to get people to like you is not really game play. James also won when he needed to in order to save himself other than the veto he lost when he was evicted. But I can point out that Jmac also lost the comps in the same manner and was evicted as well. James' biggest down fall was letting Meg convince him to start being conservative with going after deals and such, so I do agree with you on that, but he at least did at least try to go out and make moves. Jmac threw comps even recently thinking that he would be safe with this person or that person which was very risky. Sure he may have been safe, but he also was not making any moves either.

Ultimately I think it is going to be a very close vote between Jmac and James because Jmac got some extra air time since James' eviction and closed the gap (according to the jokers poll anyway) and will probably gain some more sympathy votes when Vanessa sends him packing tomorrow, which I fully expect her to do at this point.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11293

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:41 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:

For what it's worth I will give all my votes to James.  I would love to see a chart listing all the votes each houseguest received & see the Austwins all on the bottom.  Vanessa may have redeemed herself with her Austin eviction & moved up a few notches.

I agree as well.

That being said, James gets my votes!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:12 pm

chap5788 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:
 Well I'm not trying to mist anyone. TeeHee  I just really like Johnny and think he's cute.

I did like that James didn't take anything personal. But I don't agree about the big moves. Yes he made them when he was HOH but once all his friends were getting kicked out, he didn't make any big moves. A big move in my book would've been to somehow save himself AND Meg! Or at least do something to try and save themselves. And also he and Meg laid in that bed and slept just as much as Johnny when they were on the block.  I just wish that James had teamed up with John and together gotten rid of Vanessa.

But back to James.  I wish he'd gone further in the game because I actually wanted to see him win! But since this is for favorite houseguest, I just really like Johnny. And so my votes go to him.

This is why we vote for our favorites on a personal level.  Honestly I like both of them, but you give the edge to Jmac and I give the edge to James.  Nothing wrong with either way quite frankly.

Yes, I was one to complain about some of James' crude remarks early on, but as the numbers in the house dwindled and I would hear complete conversations instead of just a comment here or there I realized that he was actually a pretty decent guy, just trying to be funny most of the time.  I for one enjoy a good prank, especially when he would scare people.  I don't think I would like the honey on the door handles and such, but it wouldn't turn me off from the other things I enjoy about him.  As far as that honey attracting the ants, apparently this ant infestation is a problem on the entire CBS lot.  The hg's were talking about it in the last week or so that everything on that lot is completely infested with ants and they even saw termites last week (or so that is what they said).  So I am not sure that those pranks really enhanced that situation or not, but I am sure it didn't help either.

I am afraid we have to disagree on the gameplay aspect.  Jmac had no game.  Throwing comps to get people to like you is not really game play.  James also won when he needed to in order to save himself other than the veto he lost when he was evicted.  But I can point out that Jmac also lost the comps in the same manner and was evicted as well.  James' biggest down fall was letting Meg convince him to start being conservative with going after deals and such, so I do agree with you on that, but he at least did at least try to go out and make moves.  Jmac threw comps even recently thinking that he would be safe with this person or that person which was very risky.  Sure he may have been safe, but he also was not making any moves either.

Ultimately I think it is going to be a very close vote between Jmac and James because Jmac got some extra air time since James' eviction and closed the gap (according to the jokers poll anyway) and will probably gain some more sympathy votes when Vanessa sends him packing tomorrow, which I fully expect her to do at this point.

Yeah actually, I don't believe Johnny was great at playing this game. But I'm just saying his "strategy" was to throw comps and lay low. And even though that may not be game play in people's eyes, that was his weird strategy. But Johnny always seemed to know what was going on, he just didn't do anything about it.

And again, I think James was a great player! Like I said, if he had gone further, I would've loved for him to win. Yes, I admit he did make big moves, but, this was all prior to Meg. That's why I keep saying Meg was his downfall. She was there to help him through the game, but I think she hindered him more. I think had James and Johnny gotten together when Audrey was on her way out...this entire game would've ended a whole lot differently. Unfortunately at that moment in time, John was in Shelli and Clay&M's pocket and James, well James was James.

But on a personal level (not involving game), James just got on my nerves at times. I do have to say though, the ONE good thing about Meg...she made James more likeable. And so did CBS with showing his silly pranks. But on the rare times that I caught BBAD, he would just say things that got on my nerves. But like you said, I think he was putting on an act. Especially around the guys. So when Meg took him under her wings, he kind of put that little persona (pun intended..TeeHee ) behind him. And I do appreciate that he showed no animosity toward anyone and never took things personal.

But yeah, since this isn't America's Best Player, I'm voting for Johnny Mac! Heart Kissing Luv
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:02 pm

I cast my 20 votes the first night for James and have tried to go and cast votes daily since then and it keeps telling me I have reached my daily limit. Supposedly we can submit 20 votes per day, but it is not letting me do that. Is anyone experiencing the same problem. I know many of you use social media for this, but I am old school and just use the CBS site.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:12 pm

chap5788 wrote:
I cast my 20 votes the first night for James and have tried to go and cast votes daily since then and it keeps telling me I have reached my daily limit.  Supposedly we can submit 20 votes per day, but it is not letting me do that.  Is anyone experiencing the same problem.  I know many of you use social media for this, but I am old school and just use the CBS site.

I haven't even casted a single vote, but if it's happening on CBS site, theres a good chance it's doing it on others as well. Have you tried logging out of the account and then logging back it? Different browser? Clear cache?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:25 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
I cast my 20 votes the first night for James and have tried to go and cast votes daily since then and it keeps telling me I have reached my daily limit.  Supposedly we can submit 20 votes per day, but it is not letting me do that.  Is anyone experiencing the same problem.  I know many of you use social media for this, but I am old school and just use the CBS site.

I haven't even casted a single vote, but if it's happening on CBS site, theres a good chance it's doing it on others as well.  Have you tried logging out of the account and then logging back it?  Different browser?  Clear cache?

Yep, I did all of those suggestions. I even used a different computer in the house to try it and it did the same thing.

I watched the chat line that streams next to the live feeds screen and it looks like it is happening for some people there too. A few say they have been voting daily, but others are having the same problem I am.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:13 pm

chap5788 wrote:

Truth be told, it's because I misted the CBS site and so any votes other than Johnny's aren't accepted!
hypnotize hypnotize hypnotize hypnotize

Donald Duck

No seriously, that's strange that it isn't working. It worked for me! After all this talk about voting for Johnny, I completely forgot to vote until last night. TeeHee  And your post just reminded me to vote for Johnny again today. Which I was able to do with no problems.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:37 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Truth be told, it's because I misted the CBS site and so any votes other than Johnny's aren't accepted!
hypnotize hypnotize hypnotize hypnotize

Donald Duck

No seriously, that's strange that it isn't working. It worked for me! After all this talk about voting for Johnny, I completely forgot to vote until last night. TeeHee  And your post just reminded me to vote for Johnny again today. Which I was able to do with no problems.

This is so strange. I have tried everything to get back in there to vote and nothing has worked. I even tried to use the help tab to "submit a question" and that didn't work either......go figure!
Back to top Go down
pooh
BB Member
BB Member

PostSubject: America's Favorite   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:01 am

I voted Tuesday night and have not been able to vote since then. I did manage to send a question to Technical Support and got a case number. They said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. They advised to continue trying. I sent a reminder e-mail tonight asking for an idea of when the problem might be resolved. Some people seem to be having no problem voting.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:37 am

It sounds like they aren't too concerned about the issue. I work tech support and have a hand in every critical incident within a 55,000+ employee company. Now when there is an issue that affects ourexternal customers, that's even more important. First thing to do is get it up and working, doesn't matter who needs to be woken up/stay late or anything like that. Root cause can be determined later so it doesn't happen again. 90% of the time, it's resolved within a few hours then takes days or weeks to determine root cause, but the end user just wants to work.

Thanks for your experience from the tech team pooh
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:28 am

Just an FYI...I voted again a few minutes ago and it worked!! So I've been able to vote for Johnny 3 days in a row.

Maybe you should try to vote for Johnny, Chap, and see if it works chuckle
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Well, I missed 2 days because of the technical crap, but was able to vote for James again today. Guess we will see if it works tomorrow or not.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:51 am

I was able to vote again today. Also I used my cell phone and I swear I voted about a hundred times. I also signed in via my Facebook account. So maybe that's why I'm not having technical issues??
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:37 am

KeenLizzy wrote:
I was able to vote again today. Also I used my cell phone and I swear I voted about a hundred times. I also signed in via my Facebook account. So maybe that's why I'm not having technical issues??

It's been confirmed all over social media that there were issues with it and they are now resolved. And I've still yet to cast a single vote.

There was something funny though. Jace tweeted a thanks to those who voted for him. It basically said "Thanks to the 10 people that voted for me"
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:47 am

I think it is going to be a pretty close race. The Joker's polls ask who WILL win AFP and who SHOULD win AFP with the following results currently:

WILL win: Jmac 51%, James 41%
SHOULD win: James 45%, Jmac 37%

Of course there are only about 9000 votes, but they have been pretty close with the predictions each season. Like I said I think it is a pretty close race. I just hope James wins and the Lizzy mist doesn't get spread out there to too many people! neener

And by the way, I was able to vote again today, so that is good.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:48 pm

How funny would it be if neither JMac or James win AFP and it ends up going to Audrey? That would give CBS what they want with the stunt casting of her being the first transgender to play the game. It actually would coincide with how out of touch CBS is with what the fans want. I mean BoB is a fan favorite? C'mon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America's Favorite   

Back to top Go down

America's Favorite
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next