Ideas for next season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6451

PostSubject: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:00 am

Since this season has become a snore fest (at least til we see what blindside happens on tomorrow's eviction), I thought it might be fun to speculate/suggest some ideas for next season. I know as diehard fans we can come up with some much better ideas than the same old tired "twists" and format than BB production.

All-star season. It has been a while since they had one of these and there are several players I would love to see come back and play. Either for their entertainment value, their gaming ability or to see how they might play without someone they played with before who hampered their style or controlled their gameplay. Some of the players I would like to see return are:

James (17), Jason (17), Davonne (17), Shelli (17), Nicole (16), Hayden (16), Zach (16), Judd (15), McCrae (15), Cassi (13), Matt (12).

I left Vanessa, Audrey and Frankie off the list because Vanessa may win this season and I didn't want any previous winners on the list. Also, I wouldn't want Shelli and Vanessa on the show together again. I enjoyed watching Audrey go balls to the wall from the start of the game, but she lost my respect by opting out of the veto meeting and basically giving up and breaking the rules on her way out because she couldn't face the humiliation of being back stabbed. I left Frankie off the list basically because he IS Frankie. Plus I would not want him to screw up Zach's game. I would be on board if they ended up being adversaries from the start, but that probably would not happen.

As far as other ideas for a regular season. Here are a couple of other things I came up with.

1. NO RECRUITS! Either a mixture of vets and superfans or ALL superfans who have actually watched the show for multiple years and applied to be on the show, not found in a bar somewhere by a production person who stopped in to have a drink or something.

2. Shake up the format. Like Ctown has said for multiple seasons now, surprise the hg's with a double eviction in the early weeks like 3rd or 4th with no warning that it is coming.

3. No more BOB! Just regular BB with 1 HOH and 2 nominees each week.

4. Have-nots be determined either by individual comps. Either the first 4 out of the HOH comp or a separate comp (not teams) and the last 4 people in that comp. No more volunteering or rotating this aspect of the game.

5. Make the first HOH comp a crapshoot comp (like shooting a ball into a numbered hole or something like that) so people have a harder time flying under the radar and could accidently win that first one even when they don't want it.

There are a few of my ideas. Anyone else?

5. Some sort of luxury/power/immunity item available in the house each week. These can range from a slop pass, $5,000 in cash, a regular veto, a dinner luxury, an advantage in the upcoming HOH comp with a clue or extra practice time on a skill or something. Have a window of 2 or 3 days where the power/luxury must be found or it is forfeited for that week.

6. Bring back Pandora's box, not with powers in the game, but with reward/penalty for the HOH and the rest of the house. The sock puppets or dancing at all hours of the night were fun penalties to watch. Also the money falling from sky while the HOH was stuck in the room was pretty entertaining.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8828

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:18 pm

There's so many different things they can do to change things up a bit. For starters, don't worry about so many damn twists. Let the people play the game. If BoB comes back again I will be very disappointed.

As far as recruits go, I don't necessarily mind recruits, but they need to be careful. Make these people go through extensive interviews. If they are agreeing to go on, in the hopes of getting something better to come along, then it's thanks but no thanks. Superfans aren't always the way to go, look at Adam Poch, he was a superfan to the nth degree and played one of the most boring, predictable games ever. What usually happens with superfans is that they try to lay low and don't really do much.

I don't even care much about an all starts, but I do like have some returning players in there, it divides the house from the start. Anything that divides teh house I'm all for.

The main thing, is when they come up with these twists, they need to look at it from all angles. BoB was well received when they told us about it, because of the way they presented it. It will prevent people from trying to float. Well it did't take long for the players to look at the other side and use it to promote floating. These network execs need to not be so quick on these things and actually think things through, every possible scenario.

One thing I would really love to see for them to shake things up, is a new take on double eviction. You tell the HG's at the start of the eviction show that it's double eviction and just leave it at that. You have them go through the votes. AFter you tell them to head to the backyard, but what's this? It's endurance? The HG's will be confused, how can you have endurance in a double eviction. This is where Julie makes her announcement, the first HG to drop out, will be the next evicted houseguest. You could even throw the outgoing HoH into the mix and make them eligible for HoH for this special week. These HG's would be stunned and it would really make them have to at least try. That lst endurance was an embarrassment. 12 minutes and you have all these people talking about how there arms are burning and they're so tired. I could have lasted longer than 12 minutes without having the disk to stand on.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:21 pm

I forgot, get rid of the damn returning juror! Once you're out, you should be out. If you are going to insist on putting someone back in, don't tell them about it and sequester them. Don't put them all in the jury house to compare notes. Sequester them
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:27 pm

I knew I could count on hearing some good ideas from you Ctown! Some are a bit harsh, but hey it is for $500,000 and nobody said it should be easy.

What a novel idea................production should think things through from all angles and then actually FOLLOW THROUGH with it instead of tweaking it to what they think it should be.

Who are some of the vets you would like to see return whether it be all-stars or a mix of newbies and vets?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:28 pm

And one more thing about the endurance comp, yes, they have been embarrassing, I could not agree with you more. I mean Austin has been whining about his body hurting and such for days since that comp and he is supposed to be an athlete/wrestler? Gimme a break!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:16 pm

chap5788 wrote:

Who are some of the vets you would like to see return whether it be all-stars or a mix of newbies and vets?

Well Dick, Dan and Dr Will have already said they won't play again. I wouldn't want anyone from the first All Stars.

It may not be a popular idea, but I would love to see Rachel back in the house, with or without Brendan. Some people don't like her but she does bring some great drama into the house. Enzo is one of my favorite players even though he didn't do much comp wise, he was able to manipulate people. Lets see who else. Amanda, Amber, Aaryn (yes I know I will get hate on this, but I'm looking for drama), Ian, Danielle Murphree, Chef Joe, Shelly Moore, and mayber RAgan. That's only going back a few seasons. Jun Song says she would play again but not sure if I'd want to see her, although she is entertaining on Twitter
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:53 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Well Dick, Dan and Dr Will have already said they won't play again.  I wouldn't want anyone from the first All Stars.

It may not be a popular idea, but I would love to see Rachel back in the house, with or without Brendan.  Some people don't like her but she does bring some great drama into the house.  Enzo is one of my favorite players even though he didn't do much comp wise, he was able to manipulate people.  Lets see who else.  Amanda, Amber, Aaryn (yes I know I will get hate on this, but I'm looking for drama), Ian, Danielle Murphree, Chef Joe, Shelly Moore, and mayber RAgan.  That's only going back a few seasons.  Jun Song says she would play again but not sure if I'd want to see her, although she is entertaining on Twitter

Actually, I agree with you about Rachel, she does bring the drama, but her personality on a daily basis in the house just really grates on me, so there is that. Enzo was entertaining, but I guess I don't remember any manipulation, just cheating at being a have-not and mooching off other people's power. I thought of Amanda too, but I think she is one of those people who could never come back into the house and be effective like she was before. Danielle M might be interesting playing without her complete infatuation of Shane and without Dan to pull her through. Actually, I would be interested in seeing Aaryn back on the show just because she wasn't afraid to play the game. I can't stand her racial issues, but I wonder if she has learned a lesson from that time in the house. You can be sure she wouldn't be repeating it even if those thoughts were still in her head. Ian is one of my favorites of all time, but I crossed off any previous winners of the game so that took him off my list.

Now Shelly Moore and Chef Joe, I can't get on board with those at all. Chef Joe was just plain annoying on a daily basis and other than backstabbing Jeff/Jordan as one big play, I don't recall her really doing much in the game and she really brought no entertainment value to the game as far as I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:36 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Now Shelly Moore and Chef Joe, I can't get on board with those at all.  Chef Joe was just plain annoying on a daily basis and other than backstabbing Jeff/Jordan as one big play, I don't recall her really doing much in the game and she really brought no entertainment value to the game as far as I am concerned.

I added Chef Joe because he actually ended up entertaining me after I saw the way his family reacted to him. From there it looked like even they were making fun of him (in a good natured way of course) and I have a new found respect for Shelly, I talk to her occasionally on Twitter about things beyond Big Brother, mostly sports things
Back to top Go down
deesta
BB Junkie Member
BB Junkie Member

Female Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:54 pm

I think I have the best idea. I think production should recruit some of the regulars on this site (not naming names) to be guest producers. They should run the initial interviews as well as give input on the comps, etc.I wonder if they even read this stuff & consider your input.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 pm

deesta wrote:
I think I have the best idea. I think production should recruit some of the regulars on this site (not naming names) to be guest producers. They should run the initial interviews as well as give input on the comps, etc.I wonder if they even read this stuff & consider your input.

Now that is a great idea! It would be a great start for them to even listen to a small percentage of feedback from real fans instead completely ignoring it and doing their same old tired things. I would still like to see the information they were looking at when they brought back the BOB because it was a "fan favorite" but then suddenly decided to drop it for "unknown reasons."
Back to top Go down
deesta
BB Junkie Member
BB Junkie Member

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:41 pm

That one confused me too, when they said it was coming back back as a fan favorite. I wonder where they get their info. I'd also like to see Pandora's Box again, if it didn't mean I had to see Jessie once again!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:54 pm

The whole fan favorite was something they pulled out of their asses. Just like when they do the America's vote thing when they let the coach's in the game. Problem is that nobody bought it and social media blew up about how can it be a fan favorite when 99% of Twitter and facebook complain about it.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:19 pm

deesta wrote:
That one confused me too, when they said it was coming back back as a fan favorite. I wonder where they get their info. I'd also like to see Pandora's Box again, if it didn't mean I had to see Jessie once again!

Yep, I really enjoyed the Pandora's box twists when it involved things that caused distention in the house. Like the HOH being stuck in the room while the rest of the house reaped the benefits of a reward, or when the entire house had to get up and dance at all hours of the day and night on demand, and another favorite, having to talk through sock puppets. Anything where people are either pissed that the HOH reaped a benefit of a prize or the HOH was pissed because of being left out were very entertaining.

And yes, as long as it does not involve seeing Jessie, I am all for it!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 pm

chap5788 wrote:
deesta wrote:

Yep, I really enjoyed the Pandora's box twists when it involved things that caused distention in the house.  Like the HOH being stuck in the room while the rest of the house reaped the benefits of a reward, or when the entire house had to get up and dance at all hours of the day and night on demand, and another favorite, having to talk through sock puppets.  Anything where people are either pissed that the HOH reaped a benefit of a prize or the HOH was pissed because of being left out were very entertaining.  

Oh c'mon, watching Brittny mope and bitch about having to spend time with Jessie was hysterical. I also like PB, as long as it doesn't affect the gameplay, just make it a reward punishment thing
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 pm

ctown28 wrote:
The whole fan favorite was something they pulled out of their asses.  Just like when they do the America's vote thing when they let the coach's in the game.  Problem is that nobody bought it and social media blew up about how can it be a fan favorite when 99% of Twitter and facebook complain about it.

Well I guess this is one instance where I like social media a bit better because it put egg on their face and forced them to get rid of the stupid BOB twist.

They should take advantage of twitter and throw some questions out there about ideas for the format of future seasons.........all stars, a mix of vets/newbies, eliminate stupid twists like the twins or existing relationships (both secret and known) or things like the BOB. This is where they could capitalize on the information right there at their fingertips and everyone could watch it happen in the open without them putting their own spin on what are "fan favorites."
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
deesta wrote:

Yep, I really enjoyed the Pandora's box twists when it involved things that caused distention in the house.  Like the HOH being stuck in the room while the rest of the house reaped the benefits of a reward, or when the entire house had to get up and dance at all hours of the day and night on demand, and another favorite, having to talk through sock puppets.  Anything where people are either pissed that the HOH reaped a benefit of a prize or the HOH was pissed because of being left out were very entertaining.  

Oh c'mon, watching Brittny mope and bitch about having to spend time with Jessie was hysterical.  I also like PB, as long as it doesn't affect the gameplay, just make it a reward punishment thing

Okay, Ctown, I have to give you that one, Brittny was pretty hilarious with her commentary anyway and the one with Jessie was pretty funny. But, really, can't they find someone else to annoy the HOH other than Jessie? Okay, maybe I answered my own question here, who would be more annoying!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:28 pm

chap5788 wrote:

Okay, Ctown, I have to give you that one, Brittny was pretty hilarious with her commentary anyway and the one with Jessie was pretty funny.  But, really, can't they find someone else to annoy the HOH other than Jessie?  Okay, maybe I answered my own question here, who would be more annoying!

Now this would be a perfect way to screw with them. The first PB of the season is Jessie in the box and one person has to spend a couple hours with them. They all make fun of the person who is stuck with Jessie, the next HoH gets PB and assumes there wouldn't be two punishments in a row, they open theirs and it's none other than Rachel. Of course you may have to flip the two around depending on who the HoH is, some may be a fan of either of them
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Okay, Ctown, I have to give you that one, Brittny was pretty hilarious with her commentary anyway and the one with Jessie was pretty funny.  But, really, can't they find someone else to annoy the HOH other than Jessie?  Okay, maybe I answered my own question here, who would be more annoying!

Now this would be a perfect way to screw with them.  The first PB of the season is Jessie in the box and one person has to spend a couple hours with them.  They all make fun of the person who is stuck with Jessie, the next HoH gets PB and assumes there wouldn't be two punishments in a row, they open theirs and it's none other than Rachel.  Of course you may have to flip the two around depending on who the HoH is, some may be a fan of either of them

Yes, and then the third one would not want to take the PB and let that one be a great prize like a luxury trip and show them what they passed on. Nobody would know what the hell to do from then on!
Back to top Go down
deesta
BB Junkie Member
BB Junkie Member

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:13 pm

That would be perfect!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11259

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:47 am

chap5788 wrote:
deesta wrote:

I am on board for Pandora's Box as well (as long as Mr. Pectacular Puke does not pop out of it) it caused so much drama and speculation.

Ctown and chap you have great ideas, this season (for me) was a snorefest.

I wish we could get back to the old days of BB, straight out play, PB&J, no Golden Power of Coup d' etat, no dual HoH's, real players (not casted actor wannabees), earning food for the week through competition, less twists.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:20 pm

How about this idea:

Next year they call it "The Summer of Endurance" and this is how it will work. Each and every HoH comp will be endurance. Outlast the other HG's and you are the HoH, but there's a twist. If you are the first one to drop, you are automaticaly nominated for eviction. Then the HoH will still be able to put 2 other HG's on the block. So each week there will be 3 nominations. But that's not all, not only does dropping first put you on the block, it also makes you ineligible to play in veto. The only way for you to be removed from the block is if the POV winner elects to use the veto on you.
Back to top Go down
deesta
BB Junkie Member
BB Junkie Member

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:36 pm

I like it up until the end. I think anyone on the block should be given the chance to save themselves.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:43 pm

deesta wrote:
I like it up until the end. I think anyone on the block should be given the chance to save themselves.

The only reason I threw that in there is that it really provides incentive for people to not be the first one off. I thought about making it where they can't even be saved by veto, but I think that would take it just a bit too far, but not being able to play for it gives it just that little bit of push for people to decline when someone tells them, "I need you to drop first, but trust me you won't go home" because I guarantee you that will happen if this twist were to come into play
Back to top Go down
deesta
BB Junkie Member
BB Junkie Member

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:51 pm

I see your point, but there will always be deals being made. It's pretty apparent to the others when a comp is thrown.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:29 pm

ctown28 wrote:
How about this idea:

Next year they call it "The Summer of Endurance" and this is how it will work.  Each and every HoH comp will be endurance.  Outlast the other HG's and you are the HoH, but there's a twist.  If you are the first one to drop, you are automaticaly nominated for eviction.  Then the HoH will still be able to put 2 other HG's on the block.  So each week there will be 3 nominations.  But that's not all, not only does dropping first put you on the block, it also makes you ineligible to play in veto.  The only way for you to be removed from the block is if the POV winner elects to use the veto on you.

I agree with deesta, making them not be able to compete in the veto comp is going a bit too far. The deck is already stacked against those without the physical attributes to compete in endurance comps let alone that it would be weekly, so they should at least be given a chance to save themselves in some way. You are a proponent of the random draw for veto because it would be too easy to send someone out of the house (6-finger plan) without them having a chance and one side to rule the house, so this would be along those same lines. If you wanted a further hinder the first person to drop out of the comp, you could always not give them the option to choose a chip from the bag for someone to play in the comp for them, which ultimately could be a blessing or a curse.

To expand on your idea, all the vetos should be completely mental comps to contrast the endurance HOH comps. Then you have the battle of the physical people in HOH's versus the smart people in the vetos with a few mixed in that could pull off either one.

One other problem with having 3 nominees is that the numbers dwindle pretty quickly as far as votes versus nominees as the weeks go on. So, how about a first and second place veto. The first place winner comes off the block with no replacement. The second place winner has the choice to use or not and a replacement has to be named if it is used? That way there are only 2 noms each week.

Wow, the possibilities are endless, but I have to say the idea of having all endurance comps for HOHs for an entire season is one I like very much. Hell it would probably increase the sales of the live feeds too, so there is another plus!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   

Back to top Go down

Ideas for next season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next