Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2066

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:24 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Well, Vanessa has started her campaign already to move the target to Steve if he remains on the block.  When she was working Austin before noms to make sure she didn't go on the block, she make a quick comment about Steve not being a team player and maybe they should keep Jmac instead of Steve because Jmac was more of a team player because he will go on the block without bitching or complaining about it.  (Guess what she was doing at the time was different for whatever reason).  Anyway, Austin shot it down very quickly saying that Steve is on their side and the twins absolutely love Steve, so Vanessa dropped the subject very quickly.  

Vanessa was Steve's strongest advocate when he was completely under her thumb, but because of the twins' support and Austin now being nice to him, he has come out of his shell and is actually losing that introvert personality he once had.  At times he is even a little bit too cocky and people have noticed this.  I think the twins liked him better when he was shy and quiet.  So, Vanessa has been planting seeds with Julia.  Juliais the most gullible of the twins for sure and seems to take whatever Vanessa says as gospel on all matters.  Liz does to a certain extent, but Austin has the ability to pull her back about some of it when they talk alone.

Anyway, today Vanessa was talking to Julia and saying they can't let Steve go too much further with them because he is not a team player.  She has said things like Steve will do whatever he has to do to win this game and won't feel bad for screwing any of them over.  She says that he thinks of self preservation before anything else and Vanessa doesn't like people like that.  Vanessa says that her game play is always "cooperation based" but Steve's is selfish.  Plus she believes Steve has been hiding his physical prowess because he was so quick running in OTEV and also did well in the relay race thing for the HOH.  Earlier today Vanessa also told Julia that Steve had some something random in reference to Julia and I didn't hear the specific thing Vanessa was talking about, but Julia said she was going to cancel their cuddle session.

Then Julia asked when Vanessa thinks they need to let Steve go and she said "soon, maybe even before James."  Julia is eating this shit up like ice cream.  Vanessa is also using these talks to ask Julia if Austin is going to put up an easy pawn like her (Vanessa) if Steve win veto or if James will go up, but Julia was noncommittal about it.  Vanessa is also telling Julia that she can't believe that Steve actually told Austin that he could beat Vanessa in a "days" comp when she knows she would crush him.  Then she goes on to say that she is way smarter than Steve and her education is way better than his as well.  Julia agrees and nods through all of this and is completely sucked in.  Then Vanessa said she is used to "boys like that."  

One more thing, Vanessa also told Julia that Steve has been telling Johnny Mac things the entire game and reminded Julia that there was talk of a mole early on in the game and now Vanessa is sure it was Steve.  On a side note she KNOWS it was Steve because he was feeding the information to her.  And the one I almost choked on was her saying that Steve is completely fake and two-faced.......being nice to them to their face, but plotting things behind their back.  She says she can't stand fake people like that.  Really?  If you take out the names, one could be talking about Vanessa here!

It is a good move for Vanessa to make at this point because Steve's usefulness for her is waning because he no longer stands at attention when she confronts him about things.  Plus he didn't jump up and down saying he would vote for her against Shelli until he found it what the rest of the house was doing.  He pointed out to her that he said he would vote for her if it would keep her in the game, but if his vote was not a deciding factor, he could not do it, but she just sees it as betrayal.  All that was forgotten when he won the double eviction and she sang his praises immediately following that, but when Vanessa saw that Austin was giving as much weight or even more to Steve's opinion as he did hers, I think she sealed his fate.

Now keep in mind she gave Austin her solemn word that she would not flip on Steve and he would be completely safe.  I guess it is different if she campaigns to Julia and gets it flipped on him in this manner.  

Personally I would love it if Steve is evicted because of Vanessa targeting him! He could've had a great partner in John or even in James and Meg, but he chose Vanessa. And he was so loyal to her that I think it would be awesome to watch her be Steve's downfall. But since Steve is such a dumb ass, he'd probably blame Austin or the twins or James for his demise. At this point I think if Julia were to tell Steve that Vanessa was trying to get him evicted, he'd quickly run to Vanessa and tell her what Julia said and then Julia would be Vaness's next target.

And then it'd start all over again with Vanessa leading the pack on who should be evicted.

James and John are the only two I'm rooting for. But the way it's going, it just seems like Vanessa, Creepy and the twins will be final four. And that's something I do not want to watch.

This season has been a weird one for me. I like it, but I'm not into it as I've been in past seasons. However I'm more into it than last year's, because that season was super predictable! And Derrick made it boring for us!! With this season things keep changing at the drop of a hat!! Which should technically be exciting to watch, but strangely enough it's not. Maybe I just can't stand Vanessa, Steve, Creepy and the twins so much that I'm not into the show? I don't know. I just can't seem to get into Big Brother as much as I did a few years ago. And that bums me out.

But enough venting for me. Back to watching Vanessa manipulate every HG and the stupid asses complying with her every word, even though they know they shouldn't! Shrug Duh!

Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:42 pm

I am glad you posted that because I am not liking this season and also haven't for a couple past ones so glad it's not just me. I used to love this show even when I hated most of the players. I suppose it's from getting older and jaded about reality shows but I think mostly it's the crappy game play. There used to be real strategy and blindsideds and now it's more of a fame and popularity contest. And the don't get blood on your hands which is not a real threat but they don't get it. I just don't understand why Meghan, Jackie, Becky, John, Jason, James and Steve didn't get organized once it was obvious the others were in a group. You don't have to like each other just have a clue. Also I think James, Steve, and John got suckered and really believed they were in with the cute girls and hurt their game instead of looking out for themselves.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7297

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:19 am

I understand what you guys are saying here. Last year could have been really great if ANYONE would have challenged Derrick in some way. Of course part of this was him playing a very good game, but part of it was shear circumstance that made it easier for him. For one, Derrick and Frankie would have been at odds throughout the game until one of them left had it not been for Team America. I am not sure Derrick could have pulled off all that he did without that Team America in place, and it made for a very boring season. It is also the reason that I can't put Derrick in the "master" category for the game.

As far as this season is considered, there are just too many recruits who have no idea what they are doing. Then add to this, the BOB being brought back again, it just makes it too easy to manipulate the game without getting caught. I was glad they ended the BOB, but had the game started without it in the first place, this might have been a pretty good season with a few more people willing to make some moves in the game.

Another thing that is ruining the show is that production is getting dumber about how they handle the DR's. I mean people are figuring out how they are being portrayed just because of the questions being asked. They also can guess when someone is plotting against them to an extent because of how the DR sessions are going. They need to get a bit smarter about what they are asking and how they are asking it.

Lastly, this twin twist was stupid, but the hg's keeping them safe to enter the game is even more stupid. I think they should have had to survive the 5 evictions AND kept the secret hidden in order for both to enter the game. I am not saying that when Day figured it out Liz should have gone out of the game. She denied it and didn't do anything else about it (other than freak out with her sister in the DR). But as soon as Vanessa learned of the secret and confronted Liz, when she confirmed it was true, it should have been game over for Julia at that point. That was just way too easy for her to make and alliance and sell herself and her sister as a package deal to someone just like she did and get into the house. It is just like the America's player or saboteur, once the secret is out AND confirmed or admitted to, then it is over.

I will give Vanessa credit, she is very good at manipulation, but I just can't stand her and her soap box commentary. If she were owning her behavior in the DR and talking about her targets going home each week or something that might be entertaining in some manner, it might be different. But her DR's are generic. She does the same thing each week right on schedule and it is just boring to watch it.

It will be very happy if she finally does NOT get her way this week and she doesn't get to use the POV. Then I hope that the returning juror, James or Meg win HOH and put her on the block sitting right next to Liz so she can't flip the votes. If she gets off, then Jmac/Steve (whoever stays this week) go up next to her and SHE goes home. I would love to see how her group gets along in the game thinking for themselves for a change and how things will shake out from there.
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:48 am

You are so right about BOB, it sets up a group of easy pawns and backdoors and no real direct targets. It could have been a better season without it. I don't know if I will watch if they do it again.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7077

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:52 am

Wembeley wrote:
You are so right about BOB, it sets up a group of easy pawns and backdoors and no real direct targets. It could have been a better season without it.  I don't know if I will watch if they do it again.

Well, I know I won't be watching next year if the fan to recruit ratio is the same as it was this year.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9546

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:56 am

Naru wrote:
Wembeley wrote:
You are so right about BOB, it sets up a group of easy pawns and backdoors and no real direct targets. It could have been a better season without it.  I don't know if I will watch if they do it again.

Well, I know I won't be watching next year if the fan to recruit ratio is the same as it was this year.

They've always had recruits. It just wasn't so apparent before social media and the internet blew up in the past several years. BoB completely destroyed these past two seasons. A completely different game without it. How they called it a fan favorite is beyond me. I think they did actually realize the backlash this year and it will never return again (at least I hope so)

IMO, get rid of all the stupid twists and just let these people play the game. Even if they want to bring back Pandora's box, that would be fine, as long as it gets back to what was fun. Like when Rachel had to spend the afternoon with Jesse while the others went on a shopping spree with Tori Spelling. There are ways to throw things in there without affecting the game
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:04 am

chap5788 wrote:
I understand what you guys are saying here.  Last year could have been really great if ANYONE would have challenged Derrick in some way.  Of course part of this was him playing a very good game, but part of it was shear circumstance that made it easier for him.  For one, Derrick and Frankie would have been at odds throughout the game until one of them left had it not been for Team America.  I am not sure Derrick could have pulled off all that he did without that Team America in place, and it made for a very boring season.  It is also the reason that I can't put Derrick in the "master" category for the game.

As far as this season is considered, there are just too many recruits who have no idea what they are doing.  Then add to this, the BOB being brought back again, it just makes it too easy to manipulate the game without getting caught.  I was glad they ended the BOB, but had the game started without it in the first place, this might have been a pretty good season with a few more people willing to make some moves in the game.

Another thing that is ruining the show is that production is getting dumber about how they handle the DR's.  I mean people are figuring out how they are being portrayed just because of the questions being asked.  They also can guess when someone is plotting against them to an extent because of how the DR sessions are going.  They need to get a bit smarter about what they are asking and how they are asking it.

Lastly, this twin twist was stupid, but the hg's keeping them safe to enter the game is even more stupid.  I think they should have had to survive the 5 evictions AND kept the secret hidden in order for both to enter the game.  I am not saying that when Day figured it out Liz should have gone out of the game.  She denied it and didn't do anything else about it (other than freak out with her sister in the DR).  But as soon as Vanessa learned of the secret and confronted Liz, when she confirmed it was true, it should have been game over for Julia at that point.  That was just way too easy for her to make and alliance and sell herself and her sister as a package deal to someone just like she did and get into the house.  It is just like the America's player or saboteur, once the secret is out AND confirmed or admitted to, then it is over.  

I will give Vanessa credit, she is very good at manipulation, but I just can't stand her and her soap box commentary.  If she were owning her behavior in the DR and talking about her targets going home each week or something that might be entertaining in some manner, it might be different.  But her DR's are generic.  She does the same thing each week right on schedule and it is just boring to watch it.  

It will be very happy if she finally does NOT get her way this week and she doesn't get to use the POV.  Then I hope that the returning juror, James or Meg win HOH and put her on the block sitting right next to Liz so she can't flip the votes.  If she gets off, then Jmac/Steve (whoever stays this week) go up next to her and SHE goes home.  I would love to see how her group gets along in the game thinking for themselves for a change and how things will shake out from there.

Oh man Chap... Everything you said is exactly what I was thinking!! Especially about production. I know production has always stuck their nose in the game but now the HGs are on to them so there's no blindsides, there's no game. It's more about the "show" of Big Brother, than it is about the game of Big Brother.
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:29 pm

yes! Just quit with all the lame twists and get to the basics that made the show a hit in the first place.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:40 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
I understand what you guys are saying here.  Last year could have been really great if ANYONE would have challenged Derrick in some way.  Of course part of this was him playing a very good game, but part of it was shear circumstance that made it easier for him.  For one, Derrick and Frankie would have been at odds throughout the game until one of them left had it not been for Team America.  I am not sure Derrick could have pulled off all that he did without that Team America in place, and it made for a very boring season.  It is also the reason that I can't put Derrick in the "master" category for the game.

As far as this season is considered, there are just too many recruits who have no idea what they are doing.  Then add to this, the BOB being brought back again, it just makes it too easy to manipulate the game without getting caught.  I was glad they ended the BOB, but had the game started without it in the first place, this might have been a pretty good season with a few more people willing to make some moves in the game.

Another thing that is ruining the show is that production is getting dumber about how they handle the DR's.  I mean people are figuring out how they are being portrayed just because of the questions being asked.  They also can guess when someone is plotting against them to an extent because of how the DR sessions are going.  They need to get a bit smarter about what they are asking and how they are asking it.

Lastly, this twin twist was stupid, but the hg's keeping them safe to enter the game is even more stupid.  I think they should have had to survive the 5 evictions AND kept the secret hidden in order for both to enter the game.  I am not saying that when Day figured it out Liz should have gone out of the game.  She denied it and didn't do anything else about it (other than freak out with her sister in the DR).  But as soon as Vanessa learned of the secret and confronted Liz, when she confirmed it was true, it should have been game over for Julia at that point.  That was just way too easy for her to make and alliance and sell herself and her sister as a package deal to someone just like she did and get into the house.  It is just like the America's player or saboteur, once the secret is out AND confirmed or admitted to, then it is over.  

I will give Vanessa credit, she is very good at manipulation, but I just can't stand her and her soap box commentary.  If she were owning her behavior in the DR and talking about her targets going home each week or something that might be entertaining in some manner, it might be different.  But her DR's are generic.  She does the same thing each week right on schedule and it is just boring to watch it.  

It will be very happy if she finally does NOT get her way this week and she doesn't get to use the POV.  Then I hope that the returning juror, James or Meg win HOH and put her on the block sitting right next to Liz so she can't flip the votes.  If she gets off, then Jmac/Steve (whoever stays this week) go up next to her and SHE goes home.  I would love to see how her group gets along in the game thinking for themselves for a change and how things will shake out from there.

Oh man Chap... Everything you said is exactly what I was thinking!! Especially about production. I know production has always stuck their nose in the game but now the HGs are on to them so there's no blindsides, there's no game. It's more about the "show" of Big Brother, than it is about the game of Big Brother.

Production does no more influencing on this show than they do on Survivor, it's just magnified here because of the live feeds. These HG's that claim they know things because of the questions they are being asked are paranoid. Case in point, Austin is HoH this week and is asked a whole new line of questioning that they have never done with him before. Well of course it's different, with the exception of the BotB HoH that he lost, he hasn't been in this position and it's much later in the game.

It's not uncommon for production to ask about targets and regardless of who the targets are, say something like "Are you sure that's the right move and you can fully trust <random HG name> It's been going on for years.

This is one of the benefits I get from following Evel Dick on Twitter, people ask him things and he actually answers them honestly. At least they appear to be honest as he defends production on certain things, but rips them apart on others.

Here's another one that he answered. Ther eis nothing in their contract prohibiting them from talking about their experience on Big Brother, such as manipulation and such, the only thing is they cannot write a book until they have been out of the house for 3 years
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Veto has not been used, either John or Steve will go home this week. I expect it to switch back and forth between the two of them at least 8 times between now and Thursday
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:01 pm

ctown28 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Production does no more influencing on this show than they do on Survivor, it's just magnified here because of the live feeds.  These HG's that claim they know things because of the questions they are being asked are paranoid.  Case in point, Austin is HoH this week and is asked a whole new line of questioning that they have never done with him before.  Well of course it's different, with the exception of the BotB HoH that he lost, he hasn't been in this position and it's much later in the game.

It's not uncommon for production to ask about targets and regardless of who the targets are, say something like "Are you sure that's the right move and you can fully trust <random HG name>  It's been going on for years.

This is one of the benefits I get from following Evel Dick on Twitter, people ask him things and he actually answers them honestly.  At least they appear to be honest as he defends production on certain things, but rips them apart on others.

Here's another one that he answered.  Ther eis nothing in their contract prohibiting them from talking about their experience on Big Brother, such as manipulation and such, the only thing is they cannot write a book until they have been out of the house for 3 years

But my point being is that, like Chap mentioned, production seems to be getting lazier. Case in point, there are no more blindsides. When Becky was going home, she knew she was going home. She was dressed for it. Same with Jason. The show is not what it used to be. Even in Dick's season, production seemed different. The HGs didn't know what comps were coming up, they didn't know who was getting evicted. As a matter of fact Dick's season had one of the best blindsides when Dustin was sent home!! He had no clue.

So yes Dick might know how production works, but what about the production of today? Let's face it, those producers are like revolving doors. Your girlfriend and Meehan are exec producers but the other producers keep changing. And so do the directors. I just wish they'd let the HGs play and not give away so much.

And I'm sure in Survivor, production is super involved we just don't see it. But at least there are blindsides!!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:03 am

I agree they've gotten complacent. Even with the double evictions. They know when to expect it and every other little thing. I think it would be great if they had a double eviction in week 3. They'd never see it coming.

As far as blindsides, that's the players fault for telling them. They think they owe it to them. Although w did see a couple blindsides in 15.

Best survivor blindside was when Kat went home right after talking about how fun and exciting they are
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:52 am

ctown28 wrote:
I agree they've gotten complacent. Even with the double evictions. They know when to expect it and every other little thing. I think it would be great if they had a double eviction in week 3. They'd never see it coming.

As far as blindsides, that's the players fault for telling them. They think they owe it to them. Although w did see a couple blindsides in 15.

Best survivor blindside was when Kat went home right after talking about how fun and exciting they are

Yes! That's exactly it, production had gotten complacent so everything is so predictable. They do need to have a DE week 3 but not hint to it at all! Blindside the HGs for goodness' sake!

Oh man, that really was the best Survivor blindside! Especially because Kat irked the crap out of me!! TeeHee
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7077

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:09 am

KeenLizzy wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Yes! That's exactly it, production had gotten complacent so everything is so predictable. They do need to have a DE week 3 but not hint to it at all! Blindside the HGs for goodness' sake!

Oh man, that really was the best Survivor blindside! Especially because Kat irked the crap out of me!! TeeHee

The mantra of the show is "expect the unexpected" but how can it be unexpected if it is expected? I mean if it hadn't been around for 10+ years you would think they are given a schedule of events while in sequester.
Day one: enter house
Day two: speculate as to what the next comp will be endurance, physical or mental. Wonder if it is time for Otev, days, spelling or morphing faces comp.
Day three: plan for the double eviction.
Day four: plan for a retuning houseguest.
Day five: know the date the game will be over so timeline is easy to work out.
Duh!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7297

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:28 pm

This is exactly the way I feel, they are lazy and sometimes just plain stupid with their line of questions. And the schedule of events is another thing that brings nothing to the table when they could so easily shake it up every year doing the double eviction early as Ctown has suggested for several seasons now, or don't tell them a juror "might" return, just let it happen. The Pandora's box would be good too when it just shakes up the game in the sense of somebody winning extra money (makes them a target), rewards for the rest of the house (exposes lack of loyalty if HOH is stuck in the room while others search for prizes), horrible tasks like waking them up to dance, talking with sock puppets and things like that. The comps need to be switched up too. How about endurance comps back to back or week 2 endurance comp? Nobody expects that. How about no more choosing have-nots, either have a comp for it, or the first 4 people out of the HOH comp no matter what it is. Otherwise, it becomes a cooperative rotation instead of the penalty it should be.

These are all things they could do to shake things up and make these people have to think on their feet and not relax knowing what is coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austins noms   

Back to top Go down

Austins noms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2