HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Different twist on returning HG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9607
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Different twist on returning HG   Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:43 am

OK, we crunched the numbers and determined that in order for a HG to return they would have to have a 3rd double eviction. What if that's not the case?

Here is a much better way for it to work and it could really shake things up a bit. They bring the 4 HG's and tell them they are having a comp, the winner has a "chance" to get back in the game. They play the comp an for the sake of discussion lets say it's Becky that wins. OK, the other 3 go back to jury, but Becky is not 100% back in yet. There's more to be played. We now have and endurance comp for the new HoH, but with one very important twist. Whoever drops first, is automatically evicted from the game and the rest of the week plays out as normal. It wouldn't even have to be endurance, it could be a points based game, or a timed type of thing like they did with the comic book game. Remember the face morphs they used to do, that would actually be a perfect one. This would be perfect as it would prevent anyone from trying to throw the comp. If tehy did something like that, I'm sure MEg would be nervous as hell, but with the exception of the slippery one, she's been in the middle of the pack
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7374
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Different twist on returning HG   Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Ctown, I must say you are an evil one! Devil Snicker

I am going to preface my comment by stating that it is probably colored by the fact that there is too much chance of Meg going out in this situation and poor James would be left to fight completely and totally alone. Meg sucks at comps, but at least he has someone he can trust, can talk to and will have his back to the best of her ability.

I don't think this would be a fair situation. I mean even someone who is backdoored has an opportunity to try to campaign for votes to stay in the game. They would have absolutely no opportunity to save themselves and I think that goes against the premise of the game itself. I would not even be in favor of this if I were sure that Vanessa was going to be the first to drop out.

Sorry Ctown, I can't get on board with this evil plot!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9607
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Different twist on returning HG   Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:40 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Ctown, I must say you are an evil one!  Devil Snicker

I am going to preface my comment by stating that it is probably colored by the fact that there is too much chance of Meg going out in this situation and poor James would be left to fight completely and totally alone.  Meg sucks at comps, but at least he has someone he can trust, can talk to and will have his back to the best of her ability.  

I don't think this would be a fair situation.  I mean even someone who is backdoored has an opportunity to try to campaign for votes to stay in the game.  They would have absolutely no opportunity to save themselves and I think that goes against the premise of the game itself.  I would not even be in favor of this if I were sure that Vanessa was going to be the first to drop out.  

Sorry Ctown, I can't get on board with this evil plot!

They have every opportunity in the world to save themselves, don't come in last place. Everyone gets the same opportunity so it is completely fair.

As far as the premise of the game, it fits right in with what they claim the premise to be...Expect the Unexpected.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7374
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Different twist on returning HG   Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:16 pm

ctown28 wrote:
They have every opportunity in the world to save themselves, don't come in last place.  Everyone gets the same opportunity so it is completely fair.

As far as the premise of the game, it fits right in with what they claim the premise to be...Expect the Unexpected.

Then basically what you are doing is letting BB choose who is going to jury by what comp they use. We see them alter the comps from week to week trying to keep one side from staying in power the whole game to keep it interesting. It is not hard to guess who is going to do badly in each of those comps. So, if they are given just ONE chance to save themselves then the type of comp is the deciding factor and it comes down to BB choosing 1 or 2 targets to leave the game. I mean if it is a comp like the slip n slide, Meg is out. If it is hanging on a wall, Austin is out. If it is a memory comp, James is out. You get the picture. If they choose a crapshoot comp, then they might as well flip a coin to determine who is going home.

Yes, the theme is expect the unexpected, but this is changing the game completely because a person's physical or mental ability in one single comp, hand picked by BB, is the deciding factor for them being evicted and that is just not right in my book.

Ctown, you pointed out to me that the veto draws were changed in order to keep people from being able to completely target someone through the backdoor without them having a shot to defend themselves. In that 6 finger plan or whatever it was called, THAT person who is targeted had a chance to win the HOH comp and didn't do it, and then is subjected to this type of plan to send them out of the house without any chance at all. This would be the same thing.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9607
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Different twist on returning HG   Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:35 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
They have every opportunity in the world to save themselves, don't come in last place.  Everyone gets the same opportunity so it is completely fair.

As far as the premise of the game, it fits right in with what they claim the premise to be...Expect the Unexpected.

Then basically what you are doing is letting BB choose who is going to jury by what comp they use.  We see them alter the comps from week to week trying to keep one side from staying in power the whole game to keep it interesting.  It is not hard to guess who is going to do badly in each of those comps.  So, if they are given just ONE chance to save themselves then the type of comp is the deciding factor and it comes down to BB choosing 1 or 2 targets to leave the game.  I mean if it is a comp like the slip n slide, Meg is out.  If it is hanging on a wall, Austin is out.  If it is a memory comp, James is out.  You get the picture.  If they choose a crapshoot comp, then they might as well flip a coin to determine who is going home.

Yes, the theme is expect the unexpected, but this is changing the game completely because a person's physical or mental ability in one single comp, hand picked by BB, is the deciding factor for them being evicted and that is just not right in my book.  

Ctown, you pointed out to me that the veto draws were changed in order to keep people from being able to completely target someone through the backdoor without them having a shot to defend themselves.  In that 6 finger plan or whatever it was called, THAT person who is targeted had a chance to win the HOH comp and didn't do it, and then is subjected to this type of plan to send them out of the house without any chance at all.  This would be the same thing.

How is this any different than the Diamond Power of Veto that Matt used to take himself off the block, Kathy goes up and doesn't have any opportunity to campaign for herself. We can sit here and argue all day about selected comps "favoring" certain houseguest until we are blue in the face. Yes, some comps favor certain players and others don't. That's the way things need to come down. James is a target right now, so what if the next HoH is memory comp? Couldn't this be construed as Production trying to get him out of the house?

There's also another added advantage to do something like this. Future seasons, people will remember it and be on their toes. That strategy of keeping a target in front of you needs to be rethought.

It's not that far off from the coaches season when Jodi got evicted on the first night. I know a lot of people still complain about that, but I had no problem with it all. They signed up to expect the unexpected.

Everything has pros and cons and this wouldn't be any different. I think it would be worth it just to shake things up. I don't want Meg to go home either, but if she does, she does. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9607
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Different twist on returning HG   Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:54 pm

And before you say we will agree to disagree... I disagree with that!
neener
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7374
Join date : 2011-07-13
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Different twist on returning HG   Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:09 pm

ctown28 wrote:
How is this any different than the Diamond Power of Veto that Matt used to take himself off the block, Kathy goes up and doesn't have any opportunity to campaign for herself.  We can sit here and argue all day about selected comps "favoring" certain houseguest until we are blue in the face.  Yes, some comps favor certain players and others don't.  That's the way things need to come down.  James is a target right now, so what if the next HoH is memory comp?  Couldn't this be construed as Production trying to get him out of the house?

There's also another added advantage to do something like this.  Future seasons, people will remember it and be on their toes.  That strategy of keeping a target in front of you needs to be rethought.

It's not that far off from the coaches season when Jodi got evicted on the first night.  I know a lot of people still complain about that, but I had no problem with it all.  They signed up to expect the unexpected.

Everything has pros and cons and this wouldn't be any different.  I think it would be worth it just to shake things up.  I don't want Meg to go home either, but if she does, she does.  You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Okay, how about this. Each week the hg's have potentially 4 chances to keep themselves in the game. 1. Win HOH. 2. Win veto. 3. Be saved by someone else playing in the veto. 4. Campaign and get the votes to stay. In your scenario, they have only 1 chance. And yes, the comps do dictate the way the game goes from week to week, but saying that if it is a memory comp BB is trying to send James home is ludicrous. He still has 2 options in the veto comp and the campaigning, so there are still chances to save himself. Again, with this scenario is it one and done and BB is virtually eliminating the chance of 1 or more hg's depending on the comp they choose and this to me is not fair.

As far as the diamond power of veto, a person would still have the chance to get votes. It is a slim chance yes, but it is a chance all the same and it was not determined on their physical or mental capabilities alone.

As far as Jodi leaving the first night, that didn't bother me in the least. They had a competition in which her "team" lost the comp and then she was voted out of the game. This is not the same thing in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9607
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Different twist on returning HG   Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:08 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
How is this any different than the Diamond Power of Veto that Matt used to take himself off the block, Kathy goes up and doesn't have any opportunity to campaign for herself.  We can sit here and argue all day about selected comps "favoring" certain houseguest until we are blue in the face.  Yes, some comps favor certain players and others don't.  That's the way things need to come down.  James is a target right now, so what if the next HoH is memory comp?  Couldn't this be construed as Production trying to get him out of the house?

There's also another added advantage to do something like this.  Future seasons, people will remember it and be on their toes.  That strategy of keeping a target in front of you needs to be rethought.

It's not that far off from the coaches season when Jodi got evicted on the first night.  I know a lot of people still complain about that, but I had no problem with it all.  They signed up to expect the unexpected.

Everything has pros and cons and this wouldn't be any different.  I think it would be worth it just to shake things up.  I don't want Meg to go home either, but if she does, she does.  You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Okay, how about this.  Each week the hg's have potentially 4 chances to keep themselves in the game.  1.  Win HOH.  2.  Win veto.  3.  Be saved by someone else playing in the veto.  4.  Campaign and get the votes to stay.  In your scenario, they have only 1 chance.  And yes, the comps do dictate the way the game goes from week to week, but saying that if it is a memory comp BB is trying to send James home is ludicrous.  He still has 2 options in the veto comp and the campaigning, so there are still chances to save himself.  Again, with this scenario is it one and done and BB is virtually eliminating the chance of 1 or more hg's depending on the comp they choose and this to me is not fair.

As far as the diamond power of veto, a person would still have the chance to get votes.  It is a slim chance yes, but it is a chance all the same and it was not determined on their physical or mental capabilities alone.  

As far as Jodi leaving the first night, that didn't bother me in the least.  They had a competition in which her "team" lost the comp and then she was voted out of the game.  This is not the same thing in my opinion.

I'm not saying to make this a regular thing, just a one off to shake things up a bit. How is this not the same thing as Jodi? It may not be exactly the same, but is very similar, had her team won, or even come in 2nd, she would not have went home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Different twist on returning HG   

Back to top Go down
 
Different twist on returning HG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Nursery Rhymes with a Twist
» Donald and Douglas Returning or Not!
» Romantic twist in reporters : Gosssip - 20th April 2015
» Quote vs Twist
» Twist Of Fate Chapter one The Re-union

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 17 (2015) :: Big Brother 17: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: