Share | 

Johnny Mac

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7296

PostSubject: Johnny Mac   Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:00 pm

Johnny Mac is in a difficult spot and is finally trying to do something to move himself out of it. The problem is that the people who are actually SUPPOSED to be allies for him (Becky and Steve) do not like each other. Plus Steve will not go out on a limb in any way, shape or form to save his supposed final 2 person. He also does not share with Johnny Mac that he is in an alliance with Austin, the twins and Vanessa, but Johnny tells him just about everything he knows or learns.

Right now Becky is of little help to him because they are on the block against each other. Basically it looks like it will come down to if Becky wins, Johnny goes and if the noms stay the same or Becky wins veto, Johnny goes. Austin and the twins want Vanessa gone but won't pull the trigger because she is a shield in front of them.

Following the double eviction, Johnny was ready to roll with Meg, James and Becky (with Steve on the outside), but since then has been courted a bit by Austin and the twins. Meg gave him good advice on how to approach Austin and the twins about Vanessa and it worked well for him, but what Meg didn't realize is that it actually hurt her and James in the process because Johnny will now probably roll with that group and they lost a potential number.

Johnny Mac has to do whatever he has to in order to stay this week. His best bet would be to win veto so he knows he is safe and doesn't have to make any deals in order to garner votes to stay because even if Austin and the twins are planning to keep him, they will still expect a deal from him to not go on the block.

If he does win veto, he really should do A LOT of campaigning to Liz to put up Vanessa. This will be the time to open his mouth and state some facts..............like it being a big move that everyone would support and would look good for her if she is in the final 2 along with all the manipulation she has done and the deals she has been trying to make with him and Steve. The lower the boom and tell them that Vanessa swore him to secrecy about this and he was very hesitant to share it with them because she threatened him. They will be on the edge of their seat and he should tell them that Vanessa wants the 3 of them (Steve, Vanessa and Johnny) to target the twins and Austin next week with Austin being the target because the twins will be okay that it is him going instead of one of them and then she can pull them in to get out Meg and James. THIS might be the catalyst to get them to backdoor Vanessa.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:12 am

Johnny had told Austin and Liz that he would throw the POV because he trusts them to keep him if noms stay the same. Austin said if it came down to Johnny or Becky, Johnny should win it.

Apparently he went out first in the OTEV comp. Austin believes he threw it, but Liz is convinced that he just sucks. Knowing the comp and how quick Johnny is on his feet and stuff for him not to even beat Meg tells me he threw that comp unless he really just had a brain spasm or choked under pressure or something.

We have to remember that he made his way into good terms with Clay and Shelli by being a loyal servant, going on the block without complaint, throwing comps when asked etc., and he has been lost without the 2 of them in the game. So, maybe he feels this is his "go to" thing or his only play, I don't know. I just know if he actually threw that veto he is an idiot.

I am very entertained by Johnny Mac's DR sessions and such, but I have a hard time rooting for him in the game because he basically has NO GAME at this point. He has no idea how to form or join a group. He went to people last week and blatantly said "I'm looking for a group to join." When Clay and Shelli were in the game, he just basically slept and waited to be told what to do each week without asking too many questions. So, as a result he really has no relationships in the house to build on. He is friends with Becky, but they don't really work together in any fashion other than sharing a bit of information here and there. He has a final 2 with Steve, but again, all they do is share information with each other, and Steve really doesn't even tell him everything he learns and won't go out of his way to help him in any way.

So at this point, I want to either see some kind of plan to come together to get Vanessa backdoored as I posted before so that Johnny and Becky both stay, or Becky needs to stay. Otherwise, the game is basically over at this point and Vanessa will win it hands down. She will orchestrate Austin's demise and pull the twins to her side. Then she will orchestrate the demise of one of them, dragging Steve all the way with her to the final 2 and probably win by a unanimous vote. If there is a returning jury member and it happens to be Jackie or Becky (if she goes out this week as planned), it will be too late to change anything anyway.

If Johnny stays he HAS to win the next HOH. And, he HAS to make a big move like sending Vanessa out. If Vanessa gets off the block, then one of the twins have got to go plain and simple. If he takes the easy road and puts up Meg and James, he is a complete fool.
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:27 am

Yep, that's the problem, Johnny is likable but his gameplay sucks. I can root for him to stay longer because I enjoy watching him but it's hard to really think about him winning.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:50 am

Wembeley wrote:
Yep, that's the problem, Johnny is likable but his gameplay sucks. I can root for him to stay longer because I enjoy watching him but it's hard to really think about him winning.

Actually he is losing his entertainment value for me as well. Since Shelli and Clay have left, he doesn't really interact with anyone except Steve and there is no entertainment value involved when he is interacting with Steve. It is just John giving him information he has learned from the other side of the house (which is basically nothing at this point) and Steve talks in riddles, won't give up names or plans and is just all around boring to watch.

A bit of light though tonight when he was laying on the bed commiserating with Becky about them both being on the block and he said that he doesn't feel bad stabbing ANYONE in the back at this point, so maybe there is a bit of life left in him after all.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:25 pm

So I watched John and Steve talk game last night, making plans on how to move forward. Steve tried to subtly hint that Vanessa going out might not be a good option because she is a bigger target in front of them. But, John pretty much said that he wanted her gone and doesn't care about the target theory. Plus everyone in the house wants it, so why go against that.

Then they were discussing which side of the house to join, Austwins or the goblins. John is not aware that Steve is already part of the Austwins (or with Vanessa for that matter), so of course Steve is going to steer him toward joining Austwins instead of the goblins. John said it would probably make more sense anyway because if they were teamed up with the goblins they would be the 2 biggest targets in that group (better competitors) for the Austwins to go after, but the bottom targets for the goblins to go after. I do understand that to an extent, but they are not thinking about the fact that if they join the Austwins, they are at the bottom of the pecking order for the group. If they are dumb enough to go to the final 5 with them, they are sitting ducks if they don't win. With the goblins the are even in numbers and only have to compete against James because Meg is so weak. Plus if they are targeted along with the goblins they only have to compete against James in the veto (again because Meg is weaker) to save themselves.

Plus they act like when they choose a side, there is no wiggle room of any kind. It is not like they will stand up and announce who they are working with. Why cut off communication from either side? It just makes me cringe that John is trusting Steve's advice so much especially when Steve has shown he will not use a veto to save him without permission of the HOH and he will not vote outside of the majority either. What the hell good is a partner like that? I really thought Johnny Mac was smarter than this.

They went to Austwins to make an agreement with them last night. Now you watch, if Julia wins HOH, Steve and Johnny Mac will end up on the block. They all but told them last night that none of them can put up Vanessa, it has to be someone else in the house. Sure John may expect that they will target James and Meg, but he already said that he and Steve are bigger competitors, so if James wins veto, who the hell does he think is going on the block in his place? Then who is going home, Meg or John?

John needs to start thinking about himself in this game. He should at least have a conversation with James and Meg and talk about working toward getting Vanessa out and working together. Not an alliance per se, but just have a line of communication with them. Then if they get in power, maybe he can keep himself off the block as the pawn and they will look to Steve instead. He is not throwing Steve under the bus, but they have a better chance of saving each other if only 1 of them is on the block together.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:31 am

Hey all you Johnny Mac fans, it seems there is hope for him after all. It seems he got a lot more out of that little meeting he and Steve had with Austwins last night than I thought. I have to admit I thought he was really drinking the Kool-aide just like he was when him and Steve talked a couple of times last night. But he had a conversation with Steve today and I think he even surprised Steve with his revelations and plans going forward and I loved watching it unfold.

First of all, he is steadfast in his belief that they need Vanessa to be the next one evicted. Steve tried to say that she is a big target to keep in the game in front of them, but John was not buying it. He said that actually she has blown up her game with others in the house and nobody trusts her right now. So, if she is going to join with people, the most likely people would be Steve and John, even though they have no interest in working with her (at least John thinks this is mutual between him and Steve). Other people in the house will start looking at them as a 3-some with her and that is bad for them because they will be going on the block next to her and she will talk her way into staying against either of them and he is positive of it. No matter how many times Steve tried to make points against sending Vanessa out, Johnny countered.

Johnny said his plan would be to put up Vanessa with one of the twins. Steve asked why not one of the goblins and Johnny accurately said that Austwins would probably realize that sending Vanessa out is not beneficial to their game because the returning jury member is more than likely going to be someone to team back up with James and Meg, so they would keep Vanessa unless she is against one of the twins. He said they have to make sure that it is someone they are not willing to use. Steve then suggested Meg wouldn't go home against Vanessa, but John disagreed. John then said the only other person he could think of would be Steve. This alarmed Steve quite a bit. John pointed out that the twins would never send Steve out over Vanessa. Steve became quite uncomfortable with this and suddenly started agreeing with John's other plans.

As John sees it the returning member will more than likely be Shelli, Becky or Jackie. He said he feels that Jackie or Becky would be best for the 2 of them because neither would target John or Steve. Shelli would more than likely hook right back up with Vanessa; if Vanessa is already gone, Shelli will want to group with John and Steve. John said this would actually hurt their game because they would look like a bigger threat as a 3-some with a good competitor. He said Austwins will target the returning jury member and put James or Meg next to that person because they will not want them to actually become a 3-some and Becky or Jackie hold that potential.

Steve then continued to agree with John's logic and said that he agrees with his targets and why, but Steve doesn't want to go on the block at all.

Steve then wonders about their final 5 deal with Austwins. John said they really didn't make a final 5 deal, all they want him or Steve around for right now is to get out Vanessa because that is all they said, so he won't feel bad putting one of them on the block at this time.

It was a very good conversation with Steve shitting bricks at the thought of going on the block. I think John actually did that on purpose too, in order to light a fire under Steve's ass to try to win HOH.

This could get interesting this week, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9546

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm at the point where I don't trust a thing John or Steve says or does. They talk big but never deliver. For weeks we heard about how Becky is Steve's #1 target, as soon as he can take a shot at her, what does he do? He puts up Jackie and Meg. The only way one of them has any chance of winning is if they are sitting next to Meg on finale night. Sure John won some POV's and Steve has a couple and an HoH, but their POV's were more or less self preservation. They are giving off the appearance of playing both sides of the house, but in reality John is under Austwins thumb and Steve is under Vanessa's
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1444

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Yeah, the last show was hard to watch and I started FF past all Vanessa, Steve, John, and other useless conversations. It's already so annoying and it's not even down to 4 yet.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:10 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I'm at the point where I don't trust a thing John or Steve says or does.  They talk big but never deliver.  For weeks we heard about how Becky is Steve's #1 target, as soon as he can take a shot at her, what does he do?  He puts up Jackie and Meg.  The only way one of them has any chance of winning is if they are sitting next to Meg on finale night.  Sure John won some POV's and Steve has a couple and an HoH, but their POV's were more or less self preservation.  They are giving off the appearance of playing both sides of the house, but in reality John is under Austwins thumb and Steve is under Vanessa's

I trust nothing Steve says, other than when he talks to the camera and says he is throwing a certain comp or another (which is basically all of them at this point unless he is on the block). But I believe Johnny Mac has a bit of a renewed life in the game. He was trying to bounce things off Becky last night about the workings of the house and even though she talked over him every 5 seconds, he still seemed determined about what he is planning to do. However, the biggest drawback in his game is that he wants to make this big move to get Vanessa out and putting up one of the twins next to her in order to get it done, but his goal in all of this is to try to slip back into the woodwork with Steve and let the sides fight it out.

I think he was ready to play the dutiful soldier for Austwins before meeting with them, but when it became apparent that there was no deal put in place for HIS safety, just him being directed to get rid of Vanessa, he kind of shied away from it and starting thinking out these other plans. He also seems to have abandoned the idea of putting up James and Meg to backdoor Vanessa and even Steve agreed with him that the days of backdooring are pretty much gone at this point (of course big talk for Steve who has no intention of winning HOH).
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Well Vanessa had held her game talk as long as she could and went to the Austwins last night. Initially she said it might be a good idea to keep Becky because she is injured and therefore would not be good at a physical comp and if it is a mental comp Becky won't win either. James had mentioned this to Julia and Julia had already broached the subject with Liz before Vanessa entered the room, but Liz is adamant that Becky go out of the house because she is sure she is gunning for her and she told the same to Vanessa. So, Vanessa dropped it.

Then Vanessa suggested that the 4 of them have a meeting with Jmac and tell him that James and Meg were trying to flip the vote to keep Becky because she is injured and they would rather keep Jmac and they have all the votes needed in the room. They will keep him if he agrees to no front door/no back door for any of them. After agreeing on the details, Vanessa tells the group that Julia should be the one to talk because Jmac hates Vanessa. Julia is pissed about this and just refuses to do it, so they decide Austin will do the talking.

They bring Jmac into the room along with Steve and Austin presents the deal. Vanessa, unable to help herself, adds a comment here or there because Austin is not really putting a lot of effort into his pitch. Jmac agrees to the deal and acts excited that he is staying in the game. After a brief discussion of comps and such, Vanessa leaves the room.

At this point, Austin said that was orchestrated by Vanessa, they don't expect him to hold up his end of the deal with her and they are supporting him going after Vanessa. He is very agreeable to this. The Austin points out that James and Meg will go after Vanessa as well and basically implies that he needs to put up James or Meg with Vanessa obviously.

Austin then says if it is endurance it will come down to James and Jmac and he asks what Jmac will do if James asks for a deal for safety for James and Meg. Jmac said he would just hold on longer and win it without a deal. Austin implies that taking the deal might be okay because James didn't keep HIS deal on the wall with Shelli so that is a "reason" but Jmac can do what he wants to with that. Jmac said he would think about how to handle it because they wouldn't be the target anyway.

They were then discussing if James or Meg win they will be targeting Vanessa too. Austin said "even if one of you is on the block next to Vanessa, all the votes you need are right here so it is okay. I am hoping that Jmac actually reads between these lines and noticed that he didn't if any one of them (him, Liz, Julia, Steve, Jmac) are on the block next to Vanessa we have the votes to send her out, he specifically pointed out Jmac and Steve. That should show they have a deal in place with them as well. I just want Jmac to stick to his guns and put up Vanessa with one of the twins and just explains to them they are not the target, but he has to make sure that Vanessa actually leaves the house.............she CAN'T flip the votes against one of the twins because they still have those "guaranteed votes" that Austin was talking about if he or Steve were on the block against her. He could also tell them that otherwise James and Meg will know the rest of them are all in a group.

He is going to be an expendable person to them anyway, he is going to go on the block for them each week anyway, and none of them are going to go out of their way to save him in the coming weeks anyway, so why the hell should he do what is best for them?

After Steve and Jmac left the room, Julia said "so who do we want to go home next week...........Vanessa?" Austin said "I don't know, maybe." And they had further discussions that it will be best for he and Julia to throw the HOH because they aren't going up no matter who wins it anyway.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:17 pm

James and Meg talked briefly that they expect to be put up next to Vanessa if Jmac wins. They also said they need to talk to Jmac sometime today because they didn't get a chance last night. James said he was going to do whatever he could to win to keep them from going up next to her. Cue Jmac to the room and the following happened.

I am almost afraid to post this so as not to jinx it, because it has been what I have been waiting for this week. Meg told Jmac they wanted to talk to him a bit sometime today since they didn't get to last night and he said he was down. Then Meg left the room and Jmac and James were just kind of "touching base" about things. James asked Johnny Mac if Steve was on board with "the plan" and he said he was pretty sure Steve was. Then James said he almost wants Jmac or Austin to be the ones to win this HOH and do it (James is worried about not being able to compete in the next HOH and only has Meg to rely on), and if it came down to him, Austin and Johnny, he would know he could go ahead and get down. John confirmed this.

James then said as long as she (Vanessa) goes, it is good for everyone. John then said, "we just have to make sure that we do it right this time and she actually goes." James then said the only reason it switched last week was because Vanessa had dirt on some people and it got flipped for that reason. John agreed. They James said he knows that Vanessa probably thinks that John is going after him and Meg, kind of testing the waters of whether or not he will be put up. Jmac said "that may not be the best way to get it done though." James paused and looked at John, and then said, "yep, you are probably right." Then James just went back to "as long as she goes" commentary.

Of course it could be just me WANTING to see the 2 of them come together, but the body language, the exchange of looks and the quick comments told me that Jmac was saying he was not going to be putting James up next to Vanessa after all.

Then Becky came into the room and the talk was over. So, maybe Jmac was able to read between the lines with Austin and the twins and is of the mindset that putting up one of the twins is the best way to ensure Vanessa goes out of the house. Sure Austwins won't like that plan, but he is going on the block for them next week anyway. Plus there is going to be a lot of dirty laundry come out if Vanessa and Liz are on the block after veto and everything is going to be turned upside down.
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2066

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:48 pm

So I had this thought that what if, for dramatic show purposes only...what if production somehow convinced all the HGs to vote out John. Because it would be fantastic TV to vote out someone who thought they were completely safe after throwing a Veto. I mean come on, who throws a Veto comp when their ass is on the line?

As fans, we eat it up when a HG gets evicted if they throw a veto comp while they're on the block, or if they give their veto to someone else while they themselves are sitting on the block and they get sent packing, or if they don't use a veto because they're so certain they aren't going home and they end up being evicted. It's a total blindside and I for one love it when that happens.

So it got me thinking what if production wants to do this to Johnny for being so sure of himself that he's safe?

Will Johnny go home tonight?? crystalball
If he does I'm going to be all ....
Shrug affraid Sad-Cry  No That Sucks! Cry Me a River

But still the dude should learn his lesson that you never throw a Veto comp when you're on the block. Especially when you're not popular inside the house or have a target on your back. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7077

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:21 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
So I had this thought that what if, for dramatic show purposes only...what if production somehow convinced all the HGs to vote out John. Because it would be fantastic TV to vote out someone who thought they were completely safe after throwing a Veto. I mean come on, who throws a Veto comp when their ass is on the line?

As fans, we eat it up when a HG gets evicted if they throw a veto comp while they're on the block, or if they give their veto to someone else while they themselves are sitting on the block and they get sent packing, or if they don't use a veto because they're so certain they aren't going home and they end up being evicted. It's a total blindside and I for one love it when that happens.

So it got me thinking what if production wants to do this to Johnny for being so sure of himself that he's safe?

Will Johnny go home tonight?? crystalball
If he does I'm going to be all ....
Shrug affraid Sad-Cry  No That Sucks! Cry Me a River

But still the dude should learn his lesson that you never throw a Veto comp when you're on the block. Especially when you're not popular inside the house or have a target on your back. Duh!

The interesting thing about him throwing it is the fact he made such a joke of it the first time he was asked to throw it. (in the DR, I think Shelli was the HOH at the time) or was that about not using it? Can't remember but I do know someone asked him to throw a POV and he wouldn't because latter they talked about needed someone on the block that wouldn't win POV or use it if they won it because we were talking about who would be that stupid to do that this early in the game.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9546

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:16 am

John just told Steve that he wasn't trying very hard becuase he thought everyone else was throwing it and he had it in the bag. This is why this guy needs to go, making stupid decisions like that.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:18 am

ctown28 wrote:
John just told Steve that he wasn't trying very hard becuase he thought everyone else was throwing it and he had it in the bag.  This is why this guy needs to go, making stupid decisions like that.

I am completely with you Ctown. He is very entertaining and seemed to be showing signs of game life this week, but this along with throwing the POV this week are just too much.

Now I wonder if maybe he actually chickened out of winning HOH because he was afraid to actually put up Vanessa too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Mac   

Back to top Go down

Johnny Mac
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1