HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Vanessa's nail polish trick

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Vanessa is having Shelli do a nail polish design to help her memorize the days of comps and such. Apparently earlier she asked people if they were allowed to make cards or anything and then came up with this to use. Shelli is afraid that Jason might pick up on what they are doing, but she doesn't think that will happen.

Now, my question is, will BB make her remove this stuff? I know people have made charts using different things before like makeup and stuff like that, but I believe BB always made them destroy it. Would this be the same? I guess you can consider it pretty smart if BB lets her get away with it.

The thing is that Vanessa can't even play in HOH, so why the hell does she need this now? Probably going to use it to help Austin and Liz study things too without having Shelli or Steve there to help her. For someone who supposedly has this eidetic memory, she sure needs a lot of help with the details.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9546
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:50 am

chap5788 wrote:
Vanessa is having Shelli do a nail polish design to help her memorize the days of comps and such.  Apparently earlier she asked people if they were allowed to make cards or anything and then came up with this to use.  Shelli is afraid that Jason might pick up on what they are doing, but she doesn't think that will happen.

Now, my question is, will BB make her remove this stuff?  I know people have made charts using different things before like makeup and stuff like that, but I believe BB always made them destroy it.  Would this be the same?  I guess you can consider it pretty smart if BB lets her get away with it.

The thing is that Vanessa can't even play in HOH, so why the hell does she need this now?  Probably going to use it to help Austin and Liz study things too without having Shelli or Steve there to help her.  For someone who supposedly has this eidetic memory, she sure needs a lot of help with the details.

To me it's a smart move. Using what is at your disposal and coming up with a plan is brilliant. It's simply defended as a vanity thing and is nothing more than a system they came up with. Where it would get ridiculous is like when Rachel spelled out pretzels in a message to Brendon
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:08 am

ctown28 wrote:
To me it's a smart move.  Using what is at your disposal and coming up with a plan is brilliant.  It's simply defended as a vanity thing and is nothing more than a system they came up with.  Where it would get ridiculous is like when Rachel spelled out pretzels in a message to Brendon

I didn't say it wasn't smart, I just wondered if BB would make her change it. I don't remember the seasons or the hg's involved but people have tried to make charts or notes using makeup, nail polish and other things, but BB makes them get rid of it. I believe that Dani had one in her season and they made her destroy it.

I also wanted to comment on the fact that Vanessa said a couple of weeks ago when she was spouting off about Jeff that she has an eidetic memory and now she needs a "cheat sheet" to remember the information. Does she tell the truth about ANYTHING?
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 7077
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:24 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
To me it's a smart move.  Using what is at your disposal and coming up with a plan is brilliant.  It's simply defended as a vanity thing and is nothing more than a system they came up with.  Where it would get ridiculous is like when Rachel spelled out pretzels in a message to Brendon

I didn't say it wasn't smart, I just wondered if BB would make her change it.  I don't remember the seasons or the hg's involved but people have tried to make charts or notes using makeup, nail polish and other things, but BB makes them get rid of it.  I believe that Dani had one in her season and they made her destroy it.

I also wanted to comment on the fact that Vanessa said a couple of weeks ago when she was spouting off about Jeff that she has an eidetic memory and now she needs a "cheat sheet" to remember the information.  Does she tell the truth about ANYTHING?

Why yes she does. She is a lesbian and she is a professional gambler. Sarcastic

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Naru wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
To me it's a smart move.  Using what is at your disposal and coming up with a plan is brilliant.  It's simply defended as a vanity thing and is nothing more than a system they came up with.  Where it would get ridiculous is like when Rachel spelled out pretzels in a message to Brendon

I didn't say it wasn't smart, I just wondered if BB would make her change it.  I don't remember the seasons or the hg's involved but people have tried to make charts or notes using makeup, nail polish and other things, but BB makes them get rid of it.  I believe that Dani had one in her season and they made her destroy it.

I also wanted to comment on the fact that Vanessa said a couple of weeks ago when she was spouting off about Jeff that she has an eidetic memory and now she needs a "cheat sheet" to remember the information.  Does she tell the truth about ANYTHING?

Why yes she does. She is a lesbian and she is a professional gambler. Sarcastic

Wow Naru, you found something! cheers1
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 1444
Join date : 2011-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:54 am

The nail polish is a good idea but I don't know why people always have to tell someone and then BB knows. I would keep as much as possible to myself because if BB knows they always screw it up. Anyway just wanted to ask before Vanessa hopefully leaves, what's up with that hat? Has she ever said why she wears it all the time? Not important, just seems odd.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 7077
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:41 am

Wembeley wrote:
The nail polish is a good idea but I don't know why people always have to tell someone and then BB knows. I would keep as much as possible to myself because if BB knows they always screw it up. Anyway just wanted to ask before Vanessa hopefully leaves, what's up with that hat? Has she ever said why she wears it all the time? Not important, just seems odd.

She needs something to hide her face, so she can think. So I think she should sit on the block looking like cousin It on eviction night.....LOL

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 1444
Join date : 2011-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:45 am

LOL yup.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:49 pm

Wembeley wrote:
The nail polish is a good idea but I don't know why people always have to tell someone and then BB knows. I would keep as much as possible to myself because if BB knows they always screw it up. Anyway just wanted to ask before Vanessa hopefully leaves, what's up with that hat? Has she ever said why she wears it all the time? Not important, just seems odd.

She had trouble getting the dots right the first time, so she asked Shelli to help her get it set up correctly. But BB did nothing about it at all.

The hat, I have no idea about, but she seems very attached to it.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 7077
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:59 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Wembeley wrote:
The nail polish is a good idea but I don't know why people always have to tell someone and then BB knows. I would keep as much as possible to myself because if BB knows they always screw it up. Anyway just wanted to ask before Vanessa hopefully leaves, what's up with that hat? Has she ever said why she wears it all the time? Not important, just seems odd.

She had trouble getting the dots right the first time, so she asked Shelli to help her get it set up correctly.  But BB did nothing about it at all.

The hat, I have no idea about, but she seems very attached to it.

Seriously, I think her partner (or lover, what ever the PC word is) gave it to her or it is hers and it reminds her of her. (hope you can fallow that...lol)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11418
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 am

chap5788 wrote:
Vanessa is having Shelli do a nail polish design to help her memorize the days of comps and such.  Apparently earlier she asked people if they were allowed to make cards or anything and then came up with this to use.  Shelli is afraid that Jason might pick up on what they are doing, but she doesn't think that will happen.

Now, my question is, will BB make her remove this stuff?  I know people have made charts using different things before like makeup and stuff like that, but I believe BB always made them destroy it.  Would this be the same?  I guess you can consider it pretty smart if BB lets her get away with it.

The thing is that Vanessa can't even play in HOH, so why the hell does she need this now?  Probably going to use it to help Austin and Liz study things too without having Shelli or Steve there to help her.  For someone who supposedly has this eidetic memory, she sure needs a lot of help with the details.
Interesting. In the past they have used m & m's, pretzels, jelly beans......you name it.  I am sure if it is one of Grodner's pets they will not get in trouble!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:12 am

capricious1 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Vanessa is having Shelli do a nail polish design to help her memorize the days of comps and such.  Apparently earlier she asked people if they were allowed to make cards or anything and then came up with this to use.  Shelli is afraid that Jason might pick up on what they are doing, but she doesn't think that will happen.

Now, my question is, will BB make her remove this stuff?  I know people have made charts using different things before like makeup and stuff like that, but I believe BB always made them destroy it.  Would this be the same?  I guess you can consider it pretty smart if BB lets her get away with it.

The thing is that Vanessa can't even play in HOH, so why the hell does she need this now?  Probably going to use it to help Austin and Liz study things too without having Shelli or Steve there to help her.  For someone who supposedly has this eidetic memory, she sure needs a lot of help with the details.
Interesting. In the past they have used m & m's, pretzels, jelly beans......you name it.  I am sure if it is one of Grodner's pets they will not get in trouble!

You are probably right and I am sure Vanessa IS one of those pets. When people use the candy and pretzels and stuff to count out votes and things, that is fine, but I have never seen anyone in the house be allowed to actually KEEP a running graph of any kind. I remember Dani had one with a paper towel and candy that she kept under her bed and they made her get rid of it. Natalie had that paper towel with the actual notes written in makeup and they made her destroy that and another nail polish on something that I can't quite remember the details about. I guess because it is a clever idea, they are letting it pass, but I just think if those others were considered cheating or not allowed, this one should be as well. Of course my opinion is colored because I just don't like Vanessa at all!
Back to top Go down
katiesue7
BB ULTRA Super Junkie
BB ULTRA Super Junkie
avatar

Female Posts : 278
Join date : 2011-07-30
Location : Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:35 pm

This doesn't pertain to the nail polish but they never called out Clay for sleeping in the HOH when he was a have not" pretending" to listen to music. Last night Meg wanted to try to sleep doing the same thing in HOH and they called her out twice. She has a problem with arthritis and needed to lay on something other than those dental chairs for a while but wasn't allowed. How fair was that Clay got away with it and more than once.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:27 pm

katiesue7 wrote:
This doesn't pertain to the nail polish but they never called out Clay for sleeping in the HOH when he was a have not" pretending" to listen to music. Last night Meg wanted to try to sleep doing the same thing in HOH and they called her out twice. She has a problem with arthritis and needed to lay on something other than those dental chairs for a while but wasn't allowed. How fair was that Clay got away with it and more than once.

I am glad you brought this up. This bugged the shit out of me. I mean one day Shelli and Vanessa were actually laughing and commenting about it out loud (so obviously BB could hear it) and they never said a word about it! Shelli used to lay on Clay's shoulder with sunglasses on and take little naps during that week too.

I don't think ANYONE should get special treatment when it comes to penalties or anything (even though I sympathize with Meg's situation), but if you are GOING to bend the rules a bit for someone then Meg's case is much better than Clay's by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9546
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:01 pm

chap5788 wrote:
katiesue7 wrote:
This doesn't pertain to the nail polish but they never called out Clay for sleeping in the HOH when he was a have not" pretending" to listen to music. Last night Meg wanted to try to sleep doing the same thing in HOH and they called her out twice. She has a problem with arthritis and needed to lay on something other than those dental chairs for a while but wasn't allowed. How fair was that Clay got away with it and more than once.

I am glad you brought this up.  This bugged the shit out of me.  I mean one day Shelli and Vanessa were actually laughing and commenting about it out loud (so obviously BB could hear it) and they never said a word about it!  Shelli used to lay on Clay's shoulder with sunglasses on and take little naps during that week too.  

I don't think ANYONE should get special treatment when it comes to penalties or anything (even though I sympathize with Meg's situation), but if you are GOING to bend the rules a bit for someone then Meg's case is much better than Clay's by a long shot.

I don't think it's blown out of proportion. Every single one of them breaks these little rules at some point and gets away with it. Some are called out for things that others aren't, but I don't think it's blatant and favoring any one person over the other. The thing is, due to human nature, we tend to notice it more when the person not being called out is someone we dislkike, we tend to not notice if it's someone we support
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Ctown, Clay did this EVERY SINGLE DAY and didn't get called out for it. Just like with Audrey getting to keep the lights out and sleep on the floor. During that exact time, James fell asleep on the couch in the hammock room (he was not a havenot) and he was called out for sleeping somewhere other than a bedroom. And before someone says she got a penalty vote, that was for eating regular food, not for the lights in the have-not room.

There are times when it is blatant and while I do agree that we tend to notice it more when it is a player we like or dislike, it is still something that happens too often. The rules are the rules and BB should be able to pick and choose when they enforce or don't enforce them.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9546
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:59 pm

chap5788 wrote:
Ctown, Clay did this EVERY SINGLE DAY and didn't get called out for it.  Just like with Audrey getting to keep the lights out and sleep on the floor.  During that exact time, James fell asleep on the couch in the hammock room (he was not a havenot) and he was called out for sleeping somewhere other than a bedroom.  And before someone says she got a penalty vote, that was for eating regular food, not for the lights in the have-not room.

There are times when it is blatant and while I do agree that we tend to notice it more when it is a player we like or dislike, it is still something that happens too often.  The rules are the rules and BB should be able to pick and choose when they enforce or don't enforce them.

I guess it just doesn't bother me as much as some of the others and I tend to notice notice. With Audrey it was blatant though and it defeated the entire purpose of the rule
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 1444
Join date : 2011-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:50 pm

Even the Audrey issue is not a big deal. We don't know exactly what she said in the DR but she was definitely having problems with the slop and she said it was affecting her. At this point they knew she was leaving so they are not going to risk someone having health issues when they are leaving. I have a lot of hormone issues and it can effect all parts of your health. I have gone from healthy to hospital in less than 24 hours. It's not something to mess with. I don't think they were prepared well.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Wembeley wrote:
Even the Audrey issue is not a big deal. We don't know exactly what she said in the DR but she was definitely having problems with the slop and she said it was affecting her. At this point they knew she was leaving so they are not going to risk someone having health issues when they are leaving. I have a lot of hormone issues and it can effect all parts of your health. I have gone from healthy to hospital in less than 24 hours. It's not something to mess with. I don't think they were prepared well.

She was not having problems with the slop because she was not eating the slop. Her problems were emotional, not physical. She said in her exit interview that she was overwhelmed and she just couldn't go and sit in that veto chair and give them that satisfaction. So basically she couldn't take the humiliation of it all. She spent the last 2 days doing Broadway Improv in the HN room for the cameras, but she couldn't stand to have the lights on in the have-not room during the day like everyone else? Gimme a break. And like I said before, as a 53-year-old woman I understand how hormones can mess you up, believe me, and I was actually concerned about Audrey for a bit, but when I saw her doing those dances in the room I figured out that she was putting it all on. And, then in her interview with Jeff, she basically admitted it too. Rules are rules, plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 1444
Join date : 2011-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 pm

I totally agree she was full of it. Just they were not prepared and let her control it because of that, but it doesn't matter cuz she was going. They wanted the publicity of a trans person but once she said she was having problems they didn't know how to handle it.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Wembeley wrote:
I totally agree she was full of it. Just they were not prepared and let her control it because of that, but it doesn't matter cuz she was going. They wanted the publicity of a trans person but once she said she was having problems they didn't know how to handle it.

Now THIS I totally agree with. BB got themselves in over their head with this one! But, I would guess she WILL be asked to do the show again at some point regardless of how she rode that last week out.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9546
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Uh oh, another clear rules violation. Julia and Liz have told each other that if one of them wins, they will split the money with them. I thought this was a clear violation of the rules?

Is an exception being made because they are siblings?
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 7077
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:41 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Uh oh, another clear rules violation.  Julia and Liz have told each other that if one of them wins, they will split the money with them.  I thought this was a clear violation of the rules?

Is an exception being made because they are siblings?

No, it just means that now production has a reason to split them up... Ooops I mean the house.
Devil Snicker

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 7296
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:33 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Uh oh, another clear rules violation.  Julia and Liz have told each other that if one of them wins, they will split the money with them.  I thought this was a clear violation of the rules?

Is an exception being made because they are siblings?

I wondered about this too, but what the hell can they do about it anyway? Are they going to monitor their bank accounts if they win to see if they share the money? I know they have this rule in Survivor too, and I think it is just stupid. If someone wins the game, they have every right to do whatever they want to do with the money. It's like telling someone who wins the lottery that they can't split it with someone if they choose to. That being said, if there is a rule about it with specific repercussions, then they need to enforce it.

Meanwhile, Johnny Mac completely forgot about being a have-not and grabbed a cookie to eat. He didn't realize it until Steve said something to him about it. He immediately went to the DR to tell on himself and not sure what they are doing about it because every time he talked about it, the feeds were cut. He told Austin he offered to the DR to throw it back up! But seriously, I believe an incidental thing like this and the fact that he told on himself immediately, I don't think a penalty vote is in order. Extending his time as a have-not a bit or something like that would be appropriate I would think.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9546
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:37 pm

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Uh oh, another clear rules violation.  Julia and Liz have told each other that if one of them wins, they will split the money with them.  I thought this was a clear violation of the rules?

Is an exception being made because they are siblings?

I wondered about this too, but what the hell can they do about it anyway?  Are they going to monitor their bank accounts if they win to see if they share the money?  I know they have this rule in Survivor too, and I think it is just stupid.  If someone wins the game, they have every right to do whatever they want to do with the money.  It's like telling someone who wins the lottery that they can't split it with someone if they choose to.  That being said, if there is a rule about it with specific repercussions, then they need to enforce it.

Meanwhile, Johnny Mac completely forgot about being a have-not and grabbed a cookie to eat.  He didn't realize it until Steve said something to him about it.  He immediately went to the DR to tell on himself and not sure what they are doing about it because every time he talked about it, the feeds were cut.  He told Austin he offered to the DR to throw it back up!  But seriously, I believe an incidental thing like this and the fact that he told on himself immediately, I don't think a penalty vote is in order.  Extending his time as a have-not a bit or something like that would be appropriate I would think.

They won't give him a penalty nom for something like that, it would be way over the top. In Enzo's season he constantly ate while a have-not and still talks about it. John is a fan favorite so I'm sure production will be trying t ocome up with some DR manipulation to save him.

As for the sharing money thing, I was joking. OK, Liz is not allowed to "give" Julia $250,000, what's to stop her from buying a fork or something stupid from her for the same amount
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Vanessa's nail polish trick   

Back to top Go down
 
Vanessa's nail polish trick
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Vanessa's nail polish trick
» Spider-Man Nail polish??!
» Nail polish for paint??
» Theory: Why do they use nail polish when they wear gloves?
» Sailor Moon Nail Polish

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Big Brother 17 (2015) :: Big Brother 17: SPOILERS IN HERE-
Jump to: