Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2065

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:33 pm

chap5788 wrote:

I have to agree Ctown, my first impression was that I would not like her in any way, shape or form.  Then I thought maybe I started liking her because she was with Jason and I liked him (another one I didn't think I would like either).  She does have a great social game and will strategize, but she is too scared to go anywhere with that strategy.  I thought that changed the week James was HOH because she seemed to be in the game more, but since then she has been playing it safe and scared which I think has hurt James' game.  

At this point, I am actually hoping she does go this week and James somehow starts working with Jmac (like Lizzy has been saying for some time now) and they clean house.  Jmac wants to make moves and being partnered with Steve is not exactly helping him in that respect.  

I agree with every single thing you said here Chap!! Gimme 5!

I had posted something similar in a previous thread about Meg and James and how I'd much rather see Meg evicted than James. Although, in this situation, I would rather see Julia walk out that door and get to steppin!

I too didn't think I would like Meg at the beginning. But then I changed my tune once Jason and Meg aligned. (Exactly like Chap!!)... But after Jason left, Meg started playing way too cautiously. Especially after her friends started getting picked off, one by one. Honestly, I just think Meg's gameplay sucks. I don't think she was familiar with Big Brother at all and she was trying to follow Jason's lead.

From the sound of it, it looks like Sunday's show was really edited when Vanessa talked to James and Meg and asked them to give her a reason to target Austin. But, that night when Vanessa won HOH, I watched Meg and James sit in the kitchen and both of them said they were not going to point out to Vanessa that Austin and the twins are a solid alliance and Vanessa is at the bottom. But why wouldn't you point that out? Why wouldn't you be screaming it from the rooftops??  

The biggest thing that irks me about Meg's gameplay is her loyalty to no end. And I don't mean with James, but with her "side alliances". It's like Meg didn't want to reveal the truth about the Brass Tacks, because she was trying to stay "loyal" to the Twins and Austin, or maybe she was just trying to stay out of it. But what she needed to do is take a cue from Johnny. Like he told Liz when she questioned why he would tell Vanessa about the alliance... because duh, if you put him up without telling him, that's a clear sign that he's not really part of your alliance and he can do whatever the hell he wants. However Meg  just stayed hushed about stuff, until it was too late.

I do hate that Meg suddenly became a target, but I don't mind if she gets evicted. I just have a feeling that if she isn't there holding James back he'd make even bolder moves. I said this before and I will say it again, I see Meg as hindering James' game. If she goes, James won't have anyone and he will be forced to play "balls to the wall". Well unless he teams up with Johnny!! Begging I'm still holding out for the Apostle Alliance between James and John TeeHee I just think they could do some real damage in the house if given the opportunity.

Honestly, I just see Meg as a weak player. Yes, she's great socially, but that's it! She doesn't take advantage of that and use it as game. She's just social. And I know that some might want to keep her because she's weak, but like I mentioned before I've never quite understood this strategy of taking weak players to the end. They always end up coming in second place. And I'd much rather see James come in second place than a weak player because he actually played the game! Actually, I'd much rather see James come in first place and Johnny in second, because he entertained me!
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 6451

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:54 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:
I agree with every single thing you said here Chap!! Gimme 5!

I had posted something similar in a previous thread about Meg and James and how I'd much rather see Meg evicted than James. Although, in this situation, I would rather see Julia walk out that door and get to steppin!

I too didn't think I would like Meg at the beginning. But then I changed my tune once Jason and Meg aligned. (Exactly like Chap!!)... But after Jason left, Meg started playing way too cautiously. Especially after her friends started getting picked off, one by one. Honestly, I just think Meg's gameplay sucks. I don't think she was familiar with Big Brother at all and she was trying to follow Jason's lead.

From the sound of it, it looks like Sunday's show was really edited when Vanessa talked to James and Meg and asked them to give her a reason to target Austin. But, that night when Vanessa won HOH, I watched Meg and James sit in the kitchen and both of them said they were not going to point out to Vanessa that Austin and the twins are a solid alliance and Vanessa is at the bottom. But why wouldn't you point that out? Why wouldn't you be screaming it from the rooftops??  

The biggest thing that irks me about Meg's gameplay is her loyalty to no end. And I don't mean with James, but with her "side alliances". It's like Meg didn't want to reveal the truth about the Brass Tacks, because she was trying to stay "loyal" to the Twins and Austin, or maybe she was just trying to stay out of it. But what she needed to do is take a cue from Johnny. Like he told Liz when she questioned why he would tell Vanessa about the alliance... because duh, if you put him up without telling him, that's a clear sign that he's not really part of your alliance and he can do whatever the hell he wants. However Meg  just stayed hushed about stuff, until it was too late.

I do hate that Meg suddenly became a target, but I don't mind if she gets evicted. I just have a feeling that if she isn't there holding James back he'd make even bolder moves. I said this before and I will say it again, I see Meg as hindering James' game. If she goes, James won't have anyone and he will be forced to play "balls to the wall". Well unless he teams up with Johnny!! Begging I'm still holding out for the Apostle Alliance between James and John TeeHee I just think they could do some real damage in the house if given the opportunity.

Honestly, I just see Meg as a weak player. Yes, she's great socially, but that's it! She doesn't take advantage of that and use it as game. She's just social. And I know that some might want to keep her because she's weak, but like I mentioned before I've never quite understood this strategy of taking weak players to the end. They always end up coming in second place. And I'd much rather see James come in second place than a weak player because he actually played the game! Actually, I'd much rather see James come in first place and Johnny in second, because he entertained me!

Yep, Lizzy, we are definitely on the same page. When Jason was still in the house, he kept telling Meg that Shelli and Clay did not have their backs, but Meg said she was completely sure of Clay no matter what. She just KNEW he would protect her and give her a heads up about anything coming their way if nothing else. This is why she was so hurt when the Jason blindside happened. She went right to Clay for explanations, and he lied right to her face. Later he admitted to her he lied, but she still went on trusting things he said to a certain extent. By the time he actually left the game, she said she was shocked he was like that, but then attributed it to Shelli's influence. Did she learn from this experience...............No! When they started working with Austin, she started telling James she completely trusted Austin and even though there have been red flags popping up every where with Austwins, she seems determined to believe them. Not so much now, but it is a little late to be thinking in those terms.

I think Vanessa still would have put up James and Meg this week, even if they shared more information with her, but they don't seem to see how close Vanessa is with them, so from their perspective to not even try that avenue was absolutely STUPID. Hell once James won veto, he wasn't going to go and even talk to Vanessa, he was going to go to Austin and tell him that if Vanessa puts up someone to ensure Meg goes home, he is not putting HER up, he is going to put them up because they are the biggest group in the house and are obviously working with Vanessa from what she told them. I think Austin would have run to Vanessa and made him put up Jmac, but again Meg stopped him.

I think there was a time when Meg was good for James, but like you said Lizzy when Jason left she pulled back and then when Jackie left in the DE, she went completely cowardly.............don't make waves.............just go along.........etc.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8828

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:15 am

chap5788 wrote:

I think there was a time when Meg was good for James, but like you said Lizzy when Jason left she pulled back and then when Jackie left in the DE, she went completely cowardly.............don't make waves.............just go along.........etc.  

Jason was a blindside to them for sure, but Jackie was the straw that broke the camels back. Jackie was the one to reel them in when things got hairy. When she was gone, it was basically just the two of them and they just had to try and survive
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:34 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:

Jason was a blindside to them for sure, but Jackie was the straw that broke the camels back.  Jackie was the one to reel them in when things got hairy.  When she was gone, it was basically just the two of them and they just had to try and survive

Sure they had to go into survival mode, but Meg wanted them to kiss ass at every turn, not bring up anything that could remotely be controversial and basically not voice their opinions unless Austin was on the same page. Jackie had guts and I think she helped Meg's confidence, but that blindside sent Meg reeling into a corner afraid to come out and voice an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1427

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:54 am

OMG this is what has annoyed me SO MUCH about a lot of them. They want to play nice. Sure I will go up as a pawn, sure I will throw a comp. You should NEVER be ok with these things. Make it clear if someone puts you up, pawn or not, they will go up if you are HOH. It drives me crazy.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:00 am

Wembeley wrote:
OMG this is what has annoyed me SO MUCH about a lot of them. They want to play nice. Sure I will go up as a pawn, sure I will throw a comp. You should NEVER be ok with these things. Make it clear if someone puts you up, pawn or not, they will go up if you are HOH. It drives me crazy.

If someone is asking you to throw a comp for them, especially when they have a whole group of people around them and none of them are candidates to do it, then they don't care if you leave the game or not. Hell, I would probably agree to do it and then bust my ass to win it anyway. If I win it, too bad, I'm safe. If I lose it, then I play it up that I did what I was told, but the next HOH I win, that asshat is on the block plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:11 am

chap5788 wrote:
Wembeley wrote:

If someone is asking you to throw a comp for them, especially when they have a whole group of people around them and none of them are candidates to do it, then they don't care if you leave the game or not.  Hell, I would probably agree to do it and then bust my ass to win it anyway.  If I win it, too bad, I'm safe.  If I lose it, then I play it up that I did what I was told, but the next HOH I win, that asshat is on the block plain and simple.

BoB completely changed that whole dynamic, which is why BB thought it was such a good twist. I'm sorry but if you put me up and tell me to throw BoB, I'm not buying it. When you get down to the nitty gritty like now, yes, there has to be pawns, but the number of times JMac went up and threw things is mind boggling. Yet he stayed loyal to these people.

If some weird shit happens and JMac wins this season, I will have to agree with Evel Dick that it's the worst winner ever. He credits Jordna as the worst winner with Andy close behind but I give it to Andy as the worst winner
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:25 am

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Wembeley wrote:

If someone is asking you to throw a comp for them, especially when they have a whole group of people around them and none of them are candidates to do it, then they don't care if you leave the game or not.  Hell, I would probably agree to do it and then bust my ass to win it anyway.  If I win it, too bad, I'm safe.  If I lose it, then I play it up that I did what I was told, but the next HOH I win, that asshat is on the block plain and simple.

BoB completely changed that whole dynamic, which is why BB thought it was such a good twist.  I'm sorry but if you put me up and tell me to throw BoB, I'm not buying it.  When you get down to the nitty gritty like now, yes, there has to be pawns, but the number of times JMac went up and threw things is mind boggling.  Yet he stayed loyal to these people.

If some weird shit happens and JMac wins this season, I will have to agree with Evel Dick that it's the worst winner ever.  He credits Jordna as the worst winner with Andy close behind but I give it to Andy as the worst winner

Jmac could rebound his game worthiness if he were to go on a spree and start making some moves, but time is running out.

I have to agree with Andy as the worst winner because he had NO INTENTION of making any moves in that game until Zingbot called him a floater. It drove him crazy and he fell into a different group as a result. It kills me when I see his tweets posted here like he is this great masterful player or something. I would LOVE to see him come back for an all-stars because those guys would chew him up and spit him out very quickly.

As far as Jordan, I am biased because her and Jeff were always my favorites. I don't put Jordan in the same floater category as some other people because she never threw comps, she was just shitty at them. Sure Jeff let her have that one HOH golfing comp, but she had to win her way to that final round, so I give her at least a little credit on that one. Plus she won that last HOH so she could be the one to choose who she sat next to at the end and made the right decision based on the jury she had to work with. I also give her credit that she did not play the scared game, she would voice her opinion and bring out scrappy Jordan when the situation called for it. Like I said I am biased, but I just don't see her as the worst winner of all time by any stretch of the imagination.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:34 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
Wembeley wrote:

BoB completely changed that whole dynamic, which is why BB thought it was such a good twist.  I'm sorry but if you put me up and tell me to throw BoB, I'm not buying it.  When you get down to the nitty gritty like now, yes, there has to be pawns, but the number of times JMac went up and threw things is mind boggling.  Yet he stayed loyal to these people.

If some weird shit happens and JMac wins this season, I will have to agree with Evel Dick that it's the worst winner ever.  He credits Jordna as the worst winner with Andy close behind but I give it to Andy as the worst winner

Jmac could rebound his game worthiness if he were to go on a spree and start making some moves, but time is running out.  

I have to agree with Andy as the worst winner because he had NO INTENTION of making any moves in that game until Zingbot called him a floater.  It drove him crazy and he fell into a different group as a result.  It kills me when I see his tweets posted here like he is this great masterful player or something.  I would LOVE to see him come back for an all-stars because those guys would chew him up and spit him out very quickly.

As far as Jordan, I am biased because her and Jeff were always my favorites.  I don't put Jordan in the same floater category as some other people because she never threw comps, she was just shitty at them.  Sure Jeff let her have that one HOH golfing comp, but she had to win her way to that final round, so I give her at least a little credit on that one.  Plus she won that last HOH so she could be the one to choose who she sat next to at the end and made the right decision based on the jury she had to work with.  I also give her credit that she did not play the scared game, she would voice her opinion and bring out scrappy Jordan when the situation called for it.  Like I said I am biased, but I just don't see her as the worst winner of all time by any stretch of the imagination.

Jmac was already evicted, if he were to somehow win this game it's tainted. I hate returning players, How can anyone vote for someone that got evicted?
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:23 am

ctown28 wrote:
Jmac was already evicted, if he were to somehow win this game it's tainted.  I hate returning players, How can anyone vote for someone that got evicted?

Ctown, you really have to let this aspect go. Returning to the game when the option is presented is no different than winning a veto in a clutch, standing on a wall against all odds, campaigning for votes or any other avenue to save yourself. In my opinion for him to be evicted, return on the same night, not go immediately on the block and then if he were to go on to the final 2 would say that he played a hell of a lot of game in the last few weeks and could possibly get my vote depending on how he does it. Now if it is just dumb luck and riding coattails without any real moves of his own, he would lose my vote. But if he steps up and actually puts up some big targets and doesn't back down on that and then saves himself the following week and so forth, I could very easily vote for him.

And yes, we all know you hate the returning players, but like I said it IS a part of the game whether you like it or not and has to be considered as well in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:16 am

chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Jmac was already evicted, if he were to somehow win this game it's tainted.  I hate returning players, How can anyone vote for someone that got evicted?

Ctown, you really have to let this aspect go.  Returning to the game when the option is presented is no different than winning a veto in  a clutch, standing on a wall against all odds, campaigning for votes or any other avenue to save yourself.  In my opinion for him to be evicted, return on the same night, not go immediately on the block and then if he were to go on to the final 2 would say that he played a hell of a lot of game in the last few weeks and could possibly get my vote depending on how he does it.  Now if it is just dumb luck and riding coattails without any real moves of his own, he would lose my vote.  But if he steps up and actually puts up some big targets and doesn't back down on that and then saves himself the following week and so forth, I could very easily vote for him.  

And yes, we all know you hate the returning players, but like I said it IS a part of the game whether you like it or not and has to be considered as well in my opinion.

Nothing more than a difference of opinion. Jmac had his opportunity to win a clutch veto. Shelli, Jackie and Becky all had the chance to win a clutch veto as well. I could possibly see the point if the returning player was the victim of a backdoor, but that's not the case here. The ONE person that returns is given one more chance than any other player in the game. That makes it an uneven playing field.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6692

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:06 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Ctown, you really have to let this aspect go.  Returning to the game when the option is presented is no different than winning a veto in  a clutch, standing on a wall against all odds, campaigning for votes or any other avenue to save yourself.  In my opinion for him to be evicted, return on the same night, not go immediately on the block and then if he were to go on to the final 2 would say that he played a hell of a lot of game in the last few weeks and could possibly get my vote depending on how he does it.  Now if it is just dumb luck and riding coattails without any real moves of his own, he would lose my vote.  But if he steps up and actually puts up some big targets and doesn't back down on that and then saves himself the following week and so forth, I could very easily vote for him.  

Nothing more than a difference of opinion.  Jmac had his opportunity to win a clutch veto. Shelli, Jackie and Becky all had the chance to win a clutch veto as well.  I could possibly see the point if the returning player was the victim of a backdoor, but that's not the case here.  The ONE person that returns is given one more chance than any other player in the game.  That makes it an uneven playing field.  

Is it not the same thing when someone wins a special power? I mean that gives ONE person an advantage over the other players. And what is surprising about an uneven playing ground. I mean we all know by the 3rd week of the show which one is your "Love Bunny's" favorite, right? Very Happy
I can also say that I can see c-towns argument as well. If they were kept separate from one an other and didn't have the opportunity to combined notes, as it were, then it would be easier to say that yes it is part of the game. But outside of the house, no cameras and no pressure to play the game, a clearer head....it gives you a leg up on the other house guests.
That is why I don't like the "twin twist" Liz and Julia were able to, for lack of a better term, push pause and recharge. Julia even admitted that when Liz was a have not and not in the house she got to eat what she wanted and watch what she wanted (I think she meant movies and such. Nothing live so to speak)when they switched out. So that seems a bit unfair to the other house guests in my opinion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Naru wrote:

Is it not the same thing when someone wins a special power? I mean that gives ONE person an advantage over the other players. And what is surprising about an uneven playing ground. I mean we all know by the 3rd week of the show which one is your "Love Bunny's" favorite, right? Very Happy
I can also say that I can see c-towns argument as well. If they were kept separate from one an other and didn't have the opportunity to combined notes, as it were, then it would be easier to say that yes it is part of the game. But outside of the house, no cameras and no pressure to play the game, a clearer head....it gives you a leg up on the other house guests.
That is why I don't like the "twin twist" Liz and Julia were able to, for lack of a better term, push pause and recharge. Julia even admitted that when Liz was a have not and not in the house she got to eat what she wanted and watch what she wanted (I think she meant movies and such. Nothing live so to speak)when they switched out. So that seems a bit unfair to the other house guests in my opinion.

It all depends on how that special power was won. When Day got the last laugh, each and every one of them had the same opportunity to get it. When a special power is handed to someone like Jeff's coup de tat, that was an uneven playing field, nobody else had a chance to compete for it. Even Matt's Diamond POV, he got it from Pandora's box, everyone knew that winning HoH can get you a Pandora's box, so they all had the same opportunity to get it.

Where they screwed up the twin twist is that itt should've been 5 weeks without being discovered. If they had to go 5 weeks without being discovered, that completely changes it and makes it much more difficult, sure thy can go and recharge, but are missing out on valuable information and such and only have a short time to collaborate with the other on what they know. It still boggles my mind that these idiots let them in after discovering the twin twist
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:18 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Naru wrote:

It all depends on how that special power was won.  When Day got the last laugh, each and every one of them had the same opportunity to get it.  When a special power is handed to someone like Jeff's coup de tat, that was an uneven playing field, nobody else had a chance to compete for it.  Even Matt's Diamond POV, he got it from Pandora's box, everyone knew that winning HoH can get you a Pandora's box, so they all had the same opportunity to get it.

Where they screwed up the twin twist is that itt should've been 5 weeks without being discovered.  If they had to go 5 weeks without being discovered, that completely changes it and makes it much more difficult, sure thy can go and recharge, but are missing out on valuable information and such and only have a short time to collaborate with the other on what they know.  It still boggles my mind that these idiots let them in after discovering the twin twist

Well there you and I agree. When Vanessa asked and Liz confirmed it....BANG! Good night sweet heart but it is time you go! Others asked and she deigned it BUT Vanessa asked and she confirmed it....doesn't that seem a bit....odd?....just saying...... flash

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 pm

Another favorable Vanessa edit. CBS is now going to give her all favorable edits in the event that she wins so she can be likeable. How about showing her temper tantrum after James won veto. Or refusing to help clean up after the veto because she had to "figure things out"
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:26 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Another favorable Vanessa edit.  CBS is now going to give her all favorable edits in the event that she wins so she can be likeable.  How about showing her temper tantrum after James won veto.  Or refusing to help clean up after the veto because she had to "figure things out"

Well, at least they showed how well she takes criticism....lol

Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:33 pm

ctown28 wrote:
chap5788 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

I have to agree with Andy as the worst winner because he had NO INTENTION of making any moves in that game until Zingbot called him a floater.  It drove him crazy and he fell into a different group as a result.  It kills me when I see his tweets posted here like he is this great masterful player or something.  I would LOVE to see him come back for an all-stars because those guys would chew him up and spit him out very quickly.

As far as Jordan, I am biased because her and Jeff were always my favorites.  I don't put Jordan in the same floater category as some other people because she never threw comps, she was just shitty at them.  Sure Jeff let her have that one HOH golfing comp, but she had to win her way to that final round, so I give her at least a little credit on that one.  Plus she won that last HOH so she could be the one to choose who she sat next to at the end and made the right decision based on the jury she had to work with.  I also give her credit that she did not play the scared game, she would voice her opinion and bring out scrappy Jordan when the situation called for it.  Like I said I am biased, but I just don't see her as the worst winner of all time by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm a little behind, but I had to chime in....
I have to agree with Chap (no surprise there!), John definitely would not be one of the worst to win Big Brother!

I may be biased because I like Johnny, but if he wins, I think it'll actually make it one of the coolest wins. Because he was down and out (literally and figuratively) and he rose from the ashes and won!!

Plus, Johnny actually attempted to play the game. And his strategy got him to where he is now. Yes, he got evicted, but he wasn't just let back in the game. He wasn't voted back in the game. Or brought back in Pandora's box. He WON his way back in the game.  And I also don’t think he threw as many comps. He just had bad partners and didn't try as hard.

Remember in his second BoB, where he was partnered with Day? She took charge of the competition, and it was her brilliant plan to run around looking for the clues, instead of opening up the cameras and taking it one at a time. So John didn’t have to throw anything, she lost the comp for them.

In the third BoB, Gronk's foam party, John was partnered with James. And James was terrible at this comp. He couldn’t find the person wearing the piece of clothing in all that foam to save his life. So he totally lost that comp for them.

In the fourth BoB, John wanted to win. That was the Grunge one, where they were ‘Smashing Pumpkins’ and they had to go through the ‘MudHoney’ and find the key to release ‘Alice in Chains’ and take her to ‘Nirvana’ (sidenote: out of all the comps with the dorky puns, this one was my favorite!). Remember John and James lost by a hair.

And then let’s not forget all the Vetos, John did win, even though they hinted to him not to.

Right now John’s strategy of doing nothing but sleeping and hiding out, is an annoying one to me. But maybe he’s defeated. I mean he was voted out by these fools and it’s no secret he’s not everyone’s favorite. So if you put yourself in his shoes, how would you like to live in a house where everyone doesn’t seem to like you or want you there?

All I know is if he wins, he won't be one of the worst, that title goes to a few others....

I personally think Jordan was one of the worst BB Winners because she probably wouldn’t have won, had Chima not gone cray-cray and gotten kicked out. Remember, since it came down to a tie between Nastalie and Jordan, America chose the winner, since they got to cast the final vote. And America hated Nastalie (me included because I voted personally not on game level)!! Had Chima not gone mad, she probably would’ve voted for Nastalie. So I don’t think Jordan won the game…I think she was given the game. (Sorry Chap, I know how much you love her… TeeHee )

Plus, Jordan really didn’t do much in the game. She was wrong about so many things in that house. She was a hindrance to Jeff’s game and she couldn’t win a comp to save her life. Her social game wasn’t that great either. Yes, she was nice and cordial (unless Scrappy Jordan came out) but she and Jeff just hung out on their own for most of the season. Until she was forced to talk to people once he left. And then instead of sticking with her alliance (crazy Michelle and Russell) she kind of turned on them. Because Nastalie and Kevin tricked her.

And I don’t even want to think of Andy as a winner. I think he lucked out…since his entire season was shit.

But the ultimate worst winner, hands down, has to be Adam from Season 9. Now come on, that guy did SHIT!! And look what he did with his winnings. He bought Oxy. And tried to sell it. And got caught! Now if that isn’t the worst winner…than I really don’t know who is.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:46 pm

Naru wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Another favorable Vanessa edit.  CBS is now going to give her all favorable edits in the event that she wins so she can be likeable.  How about showing her temper tantrum after James won veto.  Or refusing to help clean up after the veto because she had to "figure things out"

Well, at least they showed how well she takes criticism....lol

No they didn't, not even half of that conversation was shown. It was much worse what actually happened. It's actually funny, James told her that she hholds on to things people say and never forgets them, to which she gets offended, and has been bitching about it ever since
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:51 pm

KeenLizzy wrote:

I have to agree with Chap (no surprise there!), John definitely would not be one of the worst to win Big Brother!

I may be biased because I like Johnny, but if he wins, I think it'll actually make it one of the coolest wins. Because he was down and out (literally and figuratively) and he rose from the ashes and won!!

Plus, Johnny actually attempted to play the game. And his strategy got him to where he is now. Yes, he got evicted, but he wasn't just let back in the game. He wasn't voted back in the game. Or brought back in Pandora's box. He WON his way back in the game.  And I also don’t think he threw as many comps. He just had bad partners and didn't try as hard.

Remember in his second BoB, where he was partnered with Day? She took charge of the competition, and it was her brilliant plan to run around looking for the clues, instead of opening up the cameras and taking it one at a time. So John didn’t have to throw anything, she lost the comp for them.

In the third BoB, Gronk's foam party, John was partnered with James. And James was terrible at this comp. He couldn’t find the person wearing the piece of clothing in all that foam to save his life. So he totally lost that comp for them.

In the fourth BoB, John wanted to win. That was the Grunge one, where they were ‘Smashing Pumpkins’ and they had to go through the ‘MudHoney’ and find the key to release ‘Alice in Chains’ and take her to ‘Nirvana’ (sidenote: out of all the comps with the dorky puns, this one was my favorite!). Remember John and James lost by a hair.

And then let’s not forget all the Vetos, John did win, even though they hinted to him not to.

Right now John’s strategy of doing nothing but sleeping and hiding out, is an annoying one to me. But maybe he’s defeated. I mean he was voted out by these fools and it’s no secret he’s not everyone’s favorite. So if you put yourself in his shoes, how would you like to live in a house where everyone doesn’t seem to like you or want you there?

All I know is if he wins, he won't be one of the worst, that title goes to a few others....

I personally think Jordan was one of the worst BB Winners because she probably wouldn’t have won, had Chima not gone cray-cray and gotten kicked out. Remember, since it came down to a tie between Nastalie and Jordan, America chose the winner, since they got to cast the final vote. And America hated Nastalie (me included because I voted personally not on game level)!! Had Chima not gone mad, she probably would’ve voted for Nastalie. So I don’t think Jordan won the game…I think she was given the game. (Sorry Chap, I know how much you love her… TeeHee )

Plus, Jordan really didn’t do much in the game. She was wrong about so many things in that house. She was a hindrance to Jeff’s game and she couldn’t win a comp to save her life. Her social game wasn’t that great either. Yes, she was nice and cordial (unless Scrappy Jordan came out) but she and Jeff just hung out on their own for most of the season. Until she was forced to talk to people once he left. And then instead of sticking with her alliance (crazy Michelle and Russell) she kind of turned on them. Because Nastalie and Kevin tricked her.

And I don’t even want to think of Andy as a winner. I think he lucked out…since his entire season was shit.

But the ultimate worst winner, hands down, has to be Adam from Season 9. Now come on, that guy did SHIT!! And look what he did with his winnings. He bought Oxy. And tried to sell it. And got caught! Now if that isn’t the worst winner…than I really don’t know who is.

This is all fine and good, but he got EVICTED. Why did he get a second chance? Sure JAckie, Shelli and Becky also got a second chance, but what about the next 5 people to get evicted. They should get a chance to win their way back in the house too.

Obviously his strategy of laying low and throwing comps was not that good because it got him EVICTED.

I didn't like Andy either, he was a sneaky little weasel, but he won a few comps, backstabbed everyone and made it to the end without getting EVICTED.

What Adam did with the money is immaterial, he may be an asshole, but heis gameplay got him to the end without being EVICTED.

See what I'm getting at here?
Back to top Go down
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:25 pm

ctown28 wrote:
KeenLizzy wrote:

This is all fine and good, but he got EVICTED.  Why did he get a second chance?  Sure JAckie, Shelli and Becky also got a second chance, but what about the next 5 people to get evicted.  They should get a chance to win their way back in the house too.

Obviously his strategy of laying low and throwing comps was not that good because it got him EVICTED.

I didn't like Andy either, he was a sneaky little weasel, but he won a few comps, backstabbed everyone and made it to the end without getting EVICTED.

What Adam did with the money is immaterial, he may be an asshole, but heis gameplay got him to the end without being EVICTED.

See what I'm getting at here?

Hmmm... did you see BB9? What gameplay did Adam have? He did NOTHING! He won no comps, he didn't even socialize. He just got carried through to the end by Ryan and Sheila. The only reason he won was because he bribed the HG's. He told Sheila that if she votes for him he'd give money to her charity of choice and he always hinted that he'd buy people stuff. But at least back then BB would tell him to "STOP THAT"! And the kicker, he told everyone he was playing for charity and was using his winnings to give to his children's charity! So of course the fools believed him. But he used his money on Oxy instead! In my eyes, Adam is still the worst. Like you said, at least Andy won comps and started to play toward the end. Adam did jack shit... unless you count being Sheila's punching bag as strategy. I think the other HGs felt sorry for him because she was so mean to him!

And yes John was evicted but technically not from the game, just from the house. I think if you get evicted to jury house, its no different than redemption island on Survivor. You're still in the game but not a part of it. Now had John gotten evicted and sent home and then given a chance to come back, that is a different story.

Either way, I still think its a great comeback win, because he WON his way back in the house.  And honestly, the point is moot, because seriously the odds of him winning are zero! Especially if he votes out Meg. Because James and Meg would be willing to work with Steve and John, and probably stay loyal. But Austin and the twins, no dice! They'll just lie to John's face. So if he keeps Julia, he's pretty much kissing any shot of winning this...GOODBYE!
Back to top Go down
deesta
BB Junkie Member
BB Junkie Member

Female Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Between having to see Jesse Gross & listening to Vanessa's show of what I call pitiful desperation, I just want to puke. I wish I had all the emos you guys use.
Back to top Go down
deesta
BB Junkie Member
BB Junkie Member

Female Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:54 pm

On top of all that, now we get to see the entitled ones bitch because the "Knight in Shining Armor" isn't going to lay on his sword. I guess throwing his clothes around really showed him!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 am

For me the funniest part of tonights episode was watching Austin get all jealous over Jessie.

I used to not like Jessie but after seeing him on Dick @ Nite a couple weeks ago, he's really not a bad guy, he just plays one on tv. The look on Jessie's face when Austin was going his rant about Austin being gone and only Judas is left. It's a heel turn. was hysterical.

For those of you not up on wrestling lingo, a heel turn is when a good guy (face) turns into a bad guy (heel). Well I got news for you Austin, you were never a face to begin with
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1427

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:12 am

It does say a lot about the twins that they were hot for Jessie though. Austin should be jealous cuz that's the kind of guy they like, not Austin.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:41 am

I was really looking forward to this episode because I wanted to see this "overreaction" that Austin had done and the bragging the twins and Vanessa were talking about him doing long after veto was done. But, as soon as I saw Vanessa tell Julia to pick Austin to compete against as the second person in the comp and she ACTUALLY DID IT, I thought to myself, well why the hell wouldn't he go balls to the wall thinking he was the target by the entire house? That is a logical assumption. Of course, if Julia had chosen Jmac she would have lost anyway, but Liz might have had a chance considering he had to go 2 times in a row. That being said, I think Julia's smartest move would have been to compete against Vanessa. I know Vanessa did well in that other spinning comp, but it had to do more with her ability to be flexible in crouching down than it did about withstanding the spinning. She is probably the LEAST athletic and/or coordinated person in the house and I believe Julia would have beat her and moved to the next round, but who knows how it would have played out. I do believe that Austin actually would have thrown that veto to Julia if it had come down to the 3 of them left in the comp, but that of course is an unknown as well.

Now, the fallout following the veto. I can't for the life of me figure out why people allow these "confrontations" to be done behind closed doors to allow people (especially Vanessa) the chance to spin things to her own light without any opposition from anyone. Once Liz told Julia how stupid she was for picking Austin and listening to Vanessa and then Austin telling Julia she was played and needed to confront Vanessa, she should have went straight up to her IN OPEN FORUM and confronted her with Austin and Liz standing right there. Not by herself and then adding Liz after a few minutes of conversation and that cracking voice, fake crying bullshit that Vanessa played. There is NO WAY she could have stood there and been all hurt and appalled by them thinking that Austin would have thrown it to Julia or use that spin. Austin might have been worried about an open confrontation and what Vanessa might have spilled, but quite honestly what the hell CAN she spill about him at this point? Sure she can talk about him thinking of his own game in the last week or two and accepting that he can't go to final 3 with the twins, but that came out ANYWAY. He explained that in a few minutes to Liz that with people coming to talk to him about it, he couldn't very well shut the door to people's proposals and such. But, they let Vanessa have her talk with the twins and then her talk with Austin alone. Good grief, how can people be this stupid and be dragged around by the nose and not even TRY to stop it? Okay, enough ranting about that.

The episode really missed the mark (or should I say the editing) in that they made it look like Liz just couldn't stay mad at Austin and went back to make up to him because of her feelings alone. There was a very short conversation between the twins where Julia told Liz that she HAD to make up with Austin for game purposes because no matter which of them stayed, they need him on their side. This is very important information pursuant to how the game plays out. But, BB wants its little showmance to continue to the regular average viewer I guess and to hell with the truth about what is going on. I think Liz has developed actual feelings for Austin, but not to the extent of his for her and I think she is using him in the game and is planning to use him in order to get herself established in LA where she wants to live anyway, but again, I am off topic and ranting.

The other thing that was really missing from this episode was watching Steve get actually physically sick about having to put up the twins on the block against each other. He actually threw up several times as a result of having to make this move. Instead they chose to make it look like he was this big, bad tough guy player making the big move. Of course, like I said he does have more guts than anyone left in the game right now, but come on, let's at least show what is true and real here.

But, my biggest problem with what I saw on the episode tonight was not the editing. It was watching Jmac throw yet another competition. I don't care if Austin told him he was okay next week and he wanted that POV. I don't care that he knew he was safe and would not have to go on the block because Julia was still waiting in the wings as a replacement, he should NOT have thrown the comp plain and simple. His only chance of winning this game no matter who is sitting next to him in the final 2 (if he gets there) is basically to win out the rest of the game with HOH's and POV's to make some moves and secure his own safety that way. If he pulled off that veto, he could have left the noms the same (as Steve wanted) and then they have a choice of who to send home between 2 bigger targets instead of putting Julia on the block. He gives himself a point on his resume for the game at the end, and it shows that he has some balls instead of just letting everyone else around him make decisions and such. I really WANT to root for him, but for crying out loud what is he waiting for? At this point, I am not even sure he will not go ahead and throw this next HOH too thinking that he probably is not that big of a target at this point or something!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight's episode   

Back to top Go down

Tonight's episode
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next