Casting...here we go again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KeenLizzy
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Female Posts : 2066

PostSubject: Casting...here we go again   Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:13 am

I think my biggest pet peeve with Big Brother is that half these people are casted instead of chosen from actual applications. Why even bother having a casting call or sending in applications if BB is just going to scout out and cast their own people?

I didn't have a chance to watch the Jeff interviews or get to know any of the HGs prior to watching, so I don't know if any of these were really casted or not, but I have a feeling that most of them were, and hardly any actually applied. And that bothers me, I don't know why, but it sure does!!

Did anyone notice how Andrea Boehlke from Survivor was one of Meg's friends? That just kind of confirmed my suspicions that Meg was one of the "KASS"ted HGs, since Robyn Kass casts for both Survivor and Big Brother. And again, I don't know why that bothers me, but it just does. I can totally tell that Meg has no idea how to play BB, and the fact that her favorite player is Frankie Grande, makes Meg my least favorite player so far. Although I reserve the right to change my mind further down the road. But I doubt I will!!

NaNaNaNa
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7297

PostSubject: Re: Casting...here we go again   Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:32 am

Lizzy, you are not alone, this bugs the shit out of me. I did watch the Jeff interviews and put my impressions from that in the "possible rumors" thread for early impressions started by Naru. After watching the episode tonight (on CBS.com since the weather people took over the programming for no good reason), I have changed my opinion of a couple of them, but not too far off on a few of them.

I thought I recognized Meg's friend, but couldn't place her, so thanks for that information it would have drove me crazy. Clay was absolutely cast because in his interview with Jeff he started out by saying he was a "superfan." Jeff asked how he got on the show and he said he was in LA doing an internship when "somebody" told him he would be great on the show. He had never heard of the show before, so started doing "research" (watching some episodes on DVD probably) and then he "made it" on the show. I am sure you can figure out the translation. There are many of the hg's that I believe are actual superfans and have watched the show for multiple seasons, but it still bugs me about those who are sought out instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9546

PostSubject: Re: Casting...here we go again   Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:34 am

Not sure how many are recruits, but I can attest Robyn Kast is an asshole to the umpteenth degree. I've gotten into several twitter wars with her. She actually tries to cast for a show for couples getting a divorce and see arguments they have. No ethics at all, and when I called her on it I was told she is "only helping and makes no money"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casting...here we go again   

Back to top Go down

Casting...here we go again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1