Share | 

Stupid Iowa Weather

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 7297

PostSubject: Stupid Iowa Weather   Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:17 pm

So, I wait ALL these months to watch the premier of BB and what happens, thunderstorms and tornados so the weather guys can takeover my CBS channel to state the same damn thing over and over and over and over. I get that people need to be warned and am thankful they have this technology, but once they tell you the warning area, the sirens go off and people take shelter, why the hell do they have to stay on the air showing us the radar (that nobody can really read anyway) at different angles, talking about the size of the hail, the strength of the winds and the "rotation of the storm cell" on the radar when the people in the area that is affected are hunkered down in their shelter not watching television because they more than likely do not have any reception anyway???? If new information becomes available, fine, break in and tell us what is going on, then return to programming. But when this happens, they stay on the air, sometimes for an hour or more saying the same thing over and over so they can be the station that had radar pictures of a tornado's rotation or sizeable hail or whatever that they could easily show us during the regular newscast. This is completely stupid in my opinion.

So now I have to wait til tomorrow and watch the show on CBS.com all for no reason at all. On another note, they do have time to show commercials throughout this crap though!

Okay, I am done! Evil or Very Mad Mad6

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9546

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Iowa Weather   Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:07 pm

I feel for you chap. That type of thing has always pissed me off. If someone is in the affected area and are actually watching, they are too stupid to do anything with the information.

I'm actually at work right now and will be pissed if I get home and find the DVR messed up. Will stop to get my beer on the way home. (Well it's actually my brothers house, I'm dog sitting while he's galavanting all around Italy with his wife and kids)
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7077

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Iowa Weather   Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Don't know if they do it where you are but here (where tornados seem to hang out) in Oklahoma when the weather is bad they put the regular scheduled programs on another CBS channel. Here CBS is News 9, but there is a channel that repeats the last news program (local news) over and over again, called News 9 now (on KAUT 54, I think). That is usually where you go for a program that is being interrupted because of a weather event. It could be the same for you but I wouldn't know the channel.

Sorry doesn't really help any does it because it has already aired.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Iowa Weather   Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:07 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I feel for you chap.  That type of thing has always pissed me off.  If someone is in the affected area and are actually watching, they are too stupid to do anything with the information.

I'm actually at work right now and will be pissed if I get home and find the DVR messed up.  Will stop to get my beer on the way home. (Well it's actually my brothers house, I'm dog sitting while he's galavanting all around Italy with his wife and kids)

I could not agree with you more. People use radios in those instances. The programming was off for almost 2 hours and all we ever learned is the storm produced hail, some high winds and then fizzled out. We saw some video from the storm chasers that was cool, but could have easily been played during the newscast later this evening. It was just stupid. Ironically, the storm did not hit my area until AFTER the regular programming began and it was just a down pour of rain and some thunder and lightening. Geez........I am so pissed. Hopefully your experience will be better when you get home to watch.
Back to top Go down
chap5788
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Iowa Weather   Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Naru wrote:
Don't know if they do it where you are but here (where tornados seem to hang out) in Oklahoma when the weather is bad they put the regular scheduled programs on another CBS channel. Here CBS is News 9, but there is a channel that repeats the last news program (local news) over and over again, called News 9 now (on KAUT 54, I think). That is usually where you go for a program that is being interrupted because of a weather event. It could be the same for you but I wouldn't know the channel.

Sorry doesn't really help any does it because it has already aired.

They don't do that in my area, but I appreciate the thought. They will replay the episode at some point, but most of the time it is a few days later. I called the local station and asked about it, but they said they will not know until at least tomorrow morning after they contact CBS to seen when it can be replayed. Meanwhile programming has returned and they are showing a repeat of Criminal Minds. I love Criminal Minds, but a repeat I don't need to see. I get there are rules and protocols they have to follow, but it just seems so simple to me that they could be playing that episode of BB right now instead of a stupid repeat. Oh well, hopefully when I get to see it tomorrow on CBS.com it will have been worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11418

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Iowa Weather   Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:36 am

chap! I feel your pain, weather took out cable here too. Stupid weather!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7077

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Iowa Weather   Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Good news....last nights ep is posted on CBS. Thought you guys would like to know but chance's are....you already knew...lol

affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Iowa Weather   

Back to top Go down

Stupid Iowa Weather
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1