HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Maggie's Recovery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8828
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Maggie's Recovery   Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:42 am

For those of you that don't know, my little Maggie tore her ACL and had to have surgery, but she's a champion.  I started her rehab and she's doing great:

Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: Maggie's Recovery   Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 pm

ctown28 wrote:
For those of you that don't know, my little Maggie tore her ACL and had to have surgery, but she's a champion.  I started her rehab and she's doing great:


Awwww! Saw this on facebook then other day! Glad she is doing well! Love when she gives you smoochies!

Get well soon Maggie!  Awww! 

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8828
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Maggie's Recovery   Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:36 am

capricious1 wrote:
Love when she gives you smoochies!

Get well soon Maggie!  Awww! 

I keep calling her "peanut butter breath"

Only way to get her to take the pills is hide in peanut butter. I'm not so worried about the painkiller pills, but she needs to finish the antibiotics so the incision doesnt get infected
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: Maggie's Recovery   Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:49 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
 Love when she gives you smoochies!

Get well soon Maggie!  Awww! 

I keep calling her "peanut butter breath"

Only way to get her to take the pills is hide in peanut butter.  I'm not so worried about the painkiller pills, but she needs to finish the antibiotics so the incision doesnt get infected

For some reason they really hate the anitbiotics! Peanut butter is the best thing, I have also used spray cheese (Cheese whiz) with Max because he is so stubborn!

Hugs to Maggie!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8828
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Maggie's Recovery   Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:42 am

Maggie is the happiest dog on the planet. Se got her staples out which means no more cone.

I got her home, walked in and she thought I was gonna put the cone back on her so she didn't lick at her scar. She went to her bone and realized I wasn't watching and started licking at the scar. After a few minutes, she was like "Wait a minute, he's not yelling at me" She licked at it a bit more, and still no reaction from me. Then she started barking as if to say "Hey, look what I'm doing"

I got on the floor with her, kissed her on the head and told her to have at it. The incision is healed completely, now its just getting the leg back to normal, which she is doing great with. Shes walking on it a little bit, but still isn't allowed to jump on the furniture so my living room looks like a war zone with all the furniture baricades I set up.

On another note, even though her surgery cost a shitload of money, I just got a new job offer which will pay me about 10K more a year so she will get a big present from that as well( I very well can't say the surgery is a "present")
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: Maggie's Recovery   Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:53 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Maggie is the happiest dog on the planet.  Se got her staples out which means no more cone.

I got her home, walked in and she thought I was gonna put the cone back on her so she didn't lick at her scar.  She went to her bone and realized I wasn't watching and started licking at the scar.  After a few minutes, she was like "Wait a minute, he's not yelling at me"  She licked at it a bit more, and still no reaction from me.  Then she started barking as if to say "Hey, look what I'm doing"  

I got on the floor with her, kissed her on the head and told her to have at it.  The incision is healed completely, now its just getting the leg back to normal, which she is doing great with.  Shes walking on it a little bit, but still isn't allowed to jump on the furniture so my living room looks like a war zone with all the furniture baricades I set up.

On another note, even though her surgery cost a shitload of money, I just got a new job offer which will pay me about 10K more a year so she will get a big present from that as well( I very well can't say the surgery is a "present")

 Very Happy  she was like "see what I am doing dad?"

Glad she is doing well and no more "cone of shame."

Congrats on your new job!  Happy 

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Maggie's Recovery   

Back to top Go down
 
Maggie's Recovery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Is anyone using fast recovery diodes in a VTA 70 or PAS?
» Stock 8127 CWM Recovery Files (I'm willing to pay!)
» Ju87 recovery from the Baltic
» Japanese maple care and recovery......... covering my bases
» [Okill] Soul Recovery

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pets on Parade :: General Comments-
Jump to: