Magic City

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11266

PostSubject: Magic City   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Does anyone watch this really great show on Starz? It is about the goings on in a fancy resort hotel in Miami (The Miramar), it's troubled owner, the mob,(a particularly nasty boss)and Cuba.  It is set in the 1950's.  The cars, the clothes and the music....amazing.  The new season starts this Friday, the first season is on demand.  Check it out, it is a great show.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: Magic City   Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:29 am

capricious1 wrote:
Does anyone watch this really great show on Starz? It is about the goings on in a fancy resort hotel in Miami (The Miramar), it's troubled owner, the mob,(a particularly nasty boss)and Cuba.  It is set in the 1950's.  The cars, the clothes and the music....amazing.  The new season starts this Friday, the first season is on demand.  Check it out, it is a great show.

Hi Cap...I've been watching since the first season last year...love it!  The hotel they show in the pictures is the old Fontanbleu (sp?)...I've seen it in person many years ago so it's cool to see.  If memory serves me the Eden Roc was next door & they were built around the same time, I'll have to google them.  I love the 50's/60's theme....set decoration, clothes & especially the music.  Ben is one real S.O.B....that bedroom ceiling is downright creepy & he acts like he doesn't know about Stevie.  Enjoy! :(finger31):
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Magic City   Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Hi Cap...I've been watching since the first season last year...love it!  The hotel they show in the pictures is the old Fontanbleu (sp?)...I've seen it in person many years ago so it's cool to see.  If memory serves me the Eden Roc was next door & they were built around the same time, I'll have to google them.  I love the 50's/60's theme....set decoration, clothes & especially the music.  Ben is one real S.O.B....that bedroom ceiling is downright creepy & he acts like he doesn't know about Stevie.  Enjoy! :(finger31):

It is the old Fountainbleu (sp?)! I am glad to see someone else is enjoying this great show!

Ben is one nasty piece of work, a very sick man. That ceiling is disturbing. HE is disturbing. Poor Ike (very handsome man, btw)!

The FBI guy, he is just so sure of himself! The guy who plays him was a nasty character on Big Love. Hard to see him in this role.

Love the clothes, especially the dresses on the women and the hats!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: Magic City   Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:46 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fontainebleau_Hotel

I looked it up & thought you might be interested in some background info.  I was right about the Eden Roc next door & it turns out it was the same builder.  Funny I can remember that, but not what happened yesterday.

Yes, Ike is as attractive as Ben is disgusting...I didn't need to see him letting it all hang out by his pool Puke  I think when the time comes he will come to a very nasty end.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Magic City   Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Lyndsey, have you been watching this season? Really good!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic City   

Back to top Go down

Magic City
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1