Do no harm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Do no harm   Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm

I am liking this show so far. A show about the other half of your personaility that wants revenge on yourself for repressing your other self confused cmer punch ...well, you have to see it and it is on NBC, whom is getting creative this season Holy Shit
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8837

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:17 pm

I didn't care much for this. Thought I would like a classic Jekyll and Hyde story, but it just counldn't hold my interest.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:37 pm

the reviews were enough to keep me away from this show. I wont be surprised to see it canceled before all episodes are aired. Even after the 2nd episode. But I dont think NBC has anything to replace it with at this time.... so enjoy, w/e episodes they let you see.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:28 pm

mk_philly wrote:
the reviews were enough to keep me away from this show. I wont be surprised to see it canceled before all episodes are aired. Even after the 2nd episode. But I dont think NBC has anything to replace it with at this time.... so enjoy, w/e episodes they let you see.

I generally don't pay attention to the reviews. Not that they don't hold any credit, but there have been times that I've loved an absolutely horrible show and just watched it for fun
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:32 am

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

I generally don't pay attention to the reviews. Not that they don't hold any credit, but there have been times that I've loved an absolutely horrible show and just watched it for fun

I agree ctown...opinions/reviews are like "you know what"...everybody's got one. If I like it, I'll watch it & if not, then I won't. Doesn't matter to me what "reviewers" think. I'd rather take the opinion of a friend or someone I know, than someone who is getting paid to say whatever.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 am

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

There's been shows like that for me, but I still usually watch the first 1 or 2 episodes of a show I feel I might be interested in, this wasn't one of them and the reviews didn't make me want to "see what they see" in it, you know? This show just looked real bad.

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 pm

I do pay attention to reviews and usually listen to what they say, sometimes parts of it or all of it is right. I think this show is good, lots of crap on TV all over the place and this is one of the better shows on tv. May not last and most likley will not, but how good a show is, does not mean how long it will last.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11267

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey, I like this show tater, you are not alone.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Canceled after 2 episodes....

I wonder who it was that said that might happen.... Oh yeah, it was me lol.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:56 pm

mk_philly wrote:

some good ones just do not last and some bad shows always do last, it is the way of TV..
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 pm

potato74 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

some good ones just do not last and some bad shows always do last, it is the way of TV..

This is the problem with Network execs. Shows aren't given a chance to get their footing. How do you cancel a show after 2 episodes? Granted, I'm not bothered since I don't really care for the show but c'mon.

Think about this. When Cheers debuted on NBC, it was the lowest rated show, but back then shows actually got a chance, anyone remember how that worked out for NBC 11 seasons later.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 pm

ctown28 wrote:
potato74 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

This is the problem with Network execs. Shows aren't given a chance to get their footing. How do you cancel a show after 2 episodes? Granted, I'm not bothered since I don't really care for the show but c'mon.

Think about this. When Cheers debuted on NBC, it was the lowest rated show, but back then shows actually got a chance, anyone remember how that worked out for NBC 11 seasons later.

Reruns of Big Bang and NCIS that were airing on cable at the exact same time killed it in ratings last night..... It premiered to a very low 0.9 adults 18-49 rating, then fell even further to a 0.7 rating in its second week Thats how.

It is rare that a show is canceled 2 weeks in, but it does happen.

TV was way different than it was back in the days of Cheers. Back then the pilot got a 9.6 rating (not total viewers (in millions))and that was considered low, theseason finale that year was a 14.7....

Just to put things is perspective.. the highest rating show this season was The Big Bang Theory and that only got a 6.4 rating.

Obviously back then there were far few channels and way less to watch so that helped give shows a chance to find an audience. Now, with so many shows you're either a hit, on the border or your gone. Its all about survival.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do no harm   

Back to top Go down

Do no harm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1