Share | 

Ray lewis....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2191

PostSubject: Ray lewis....   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 pm

(CBS Detroit) Ray Lewis seems poised to ride into the sunset like Jerome Bettis if the Ravens win in the linebacker’s second championship game. Lewis looms large in a Super Bowl without superstars and gets the reflected glow of the big game. That spotlight exposes some gnarly fissures on him; some scabbed over scars of whispers and rumor. Self righteous types cluck their tongues to this day and mouth the word: “Murderer.”

His trial was thirteen years ago, so memories faded. When facts fall out of the mouths of commentators, there is a fast and loose quality to them. I have read articles recently shaded to indicate Lewis’ implication in the murder and some that are flat out false.

There is prejudice here. It is undeniable that many associate Lewis’ case with the Simpson case. They fill in the parts they don’t know with details from OJ’s eventual acquittal.

Here are five common misconceptions about the murder case involving Ray Lewis:

1. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder – Ray Lewis was an eventual witness in a murder case. He was charged with the murder of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar along with his two companions Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting. The murder charges stemmed from a vicious fight in Atlanta streets following a Super Bowl Party in 2000. Eventually, the case ended with the defendants acquitted for reasons of self defense. In the eyes of the court, no murder took place.

2. Ray Lewis’ friends went to jail to protect him – This is in a lot of blogs and opinion pieces. It’s just not true. No one in this case went to jail.

3. Ray Lewis refused to testify against his friends in the murder trial – It’s the opposite. Ray Lewis started the trial at the table with Oakley and Sweeting. He flipped, pleading down to an obstruction of justice charge in exchange for testimony. Lewis was the state’s star witness. Some sources say the three men were no longer friends because of the alleged betrayal. Ironically, the only person to serve any sentence in this case at all was Lewis. Had he not flipped, he likely would have walked away with the same acquittal as the other defendants.

4. The murders were never solved – This is written a lot, along with something to the effect that no other suspects were ever arrested. It doesn’t seem to be in dispute that Oakley and Sweeting killed Baker and Lollar. The jury found that it was self defense after only a few hours of deliberation.

5. Ray Lewis is a murderer – Ray wasn’t involved in the fight that killed the two men. His companions were. Lewis wanted no part of the fight, but not for some moral or noble reason. He wanted to avoid the conflict because he was concerned it might hurt his NFL career. Throughout the process, Lewis seemed consumed with protecting his then burgeoning NFL superstar status. He made them promise silence in the limo afterward and lied to police the morning after. He flipped on his buddies to avoid scrutiny.

I didnt know the story...it all happened before I became a fan....
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9056

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:34 pm

If Ray Lewis is so innocent in all of this, why can't any of his fans answer the fact that he paid $1 million to the victims family to settle a wrongful death civil suit out of court?

Or is this all made up as well?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/7300688

Ray Lewis may be a helluva a football player, but he is a horrible role model and people should not idilize a guy that's even involved in "bribing" a family to drop a lawsuit.

Then there's the fact that he has 6 kids with 4 different women.

Yeah, that's the type of guy that I want todays kids looking up to.

"Son, as long as you have the God given talent to play football in the NFL and be really good at it, you can do whatever you want. You'll have enough money to give people hush money and to impregnate anyone you want to"

Sorry mema, I know your a fan, but this guy is a piece of shit!

Don't get me wrong, he's not the only one. Let's take a look at another scumbag. Pete Rose was a helluva baseball player, but a scum as a human being.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 am

Looks like Mr Lewis can now add cheater to his long resume:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8894127/super-bowl-2013-ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-reportedly-connected-ped

Don't you just love his Lance Armstrong-esque answer? He's never tested positive for a banned substance. Not exactly saying he's never taken them now has he?

Now we know how he was able to make such a remarkable recovery from the torn triceps.

And just like everything else this guy has ever done, he will NOT be held accountable. Hard to suspend a guy after he retires.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

ctown28 wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8894127/super-bowl-2013-ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-reportedly-connected-ped

Don't you just love his Lance Armstrong-esque answer? He's never tested positive for a banned substance. Not exactly saying he's never taken them now has he?

Now we know how he was able to make such a remarkable recovery from the torn triceps.

And just like everything else this guy has ever done, he will NOT be held accountable. Hard to suspend a guy after he retires.

Pretty soon sports are going to have aspirin as a banned substance because pain should heal naturally...

He's no cheater, even if he in fact took the stuff.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 am

mk_philly wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Pretty soon sports are going to have aspirin as a banned substance because pain should heal naturally...

If he's not a cheater, then that means Lance Armstrong is not a cheater. It's a performance enhancing drug, plain and simple. There's no gray are there at all. It's not like these guys don't know what's banned and what's not.

And yes, I would be saying the same thing if he played for the Browns.

One type of player I cannot stand is those who showboat. You should hear me scream at my TV when a Browns player starts celebrating after a big hit. Get back to the fucking huddle and stop celebrating becasue you did your fucking job.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:12 am

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

If he's not a cheater, then that means Lance Armstrong is not a cheater. It's a performance enhancing drug, plain and simple. There's no gray are there at all. It's not like these guys don't know what's banned and what's not.

And yes, I would be saying the same thing if he played for the Browns.

One type of player I cannot stand is those who showboat. You should hear me scream at my TV when a Browns player starts celebrating after a big hit. Get back to the fucking huddle and stop celebrating becasue you did your fucking job.

You know what the #1 performance enhancing drug is? Genetics. So they're all cheaters. Face it, in sports, there is no such thing as an "even playing field".

I will not believe there is a "clean" person in sports. it's impossible, everyone has taken something that's had a banned substance in it. Even a tiny bit of something that's on the banned substance list. If they knew it or not. Hell, all these so called "All-time Great"S most likely took things knowingly or unknowingly through out there careers. They were just lucky enough to play in an era where it wasn't a problem, easy to check for and a number of other reasons. Is it right? Is it wrong? It's w/e its just the way things are.

If you're only complaint about Rey Lewis may have taken something just to help him heal faster.... well, too damn bad. Injured players should be allowed to take w/e (but safely) needed to get back on that field and do what they're paid to do.

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/Banned%20Substance%20List.pdf

Look at them all.

Plus, we know of all the years playing football takes off these guys. They should be on stuff to help them with that. A lot of these banned substances could in fact help them keep some of their years they may lose playing this game. Is that so bad? Don't give me this high hose, ivory tower bullshit about "but its banned, plan and simple".

And lets not forget, the guy in question who claims Lewis took something, the guy has no credibility. If you're one of those people who find the person guilty just because someone said a person toke something... Well, I just accused every athlete in history. So, there you go.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:43 am

mk_philly wrote:
You know what the #1 performance enhancing drug is? Genetics. So they're all cheaters. Face it, in sports, there is no such thing as an "even playing field".

Genetics is a drug now? When did this happen? And the reason there should not be an even playing field is because someone is more physically gifted than someone else, not because he/she used some type of drug to do so.

mk_philly wrote:

I will not believe there is a "clean" person in sports. it's impossible, everyone has taken something that's had a banned substance in it. Even a tiny bit of something that's on the banned substance list. If they knew it or not. Hell, all these so called "All-time Great"S most likely took things knowingly or unknowingly through out there careers. They were just lucky enough to play in an era where it wasn't a problem, easy to check for and a number of other reasons. Is it right? Is it wrong? It's w/e its just the way things are.

Read your sentence again, lucky enough to play in an era when it wasn't a problem. Well guess what chief? It's a problem now so let's hold people accountable for when they do something against the rules.

mk_philly wrote:

If you're only complaint about Rey Lewis may have taken something just to help him heal faster.... well, too damn bad. Injured players should be allowed to take w/e (but safely) needed to get back on that field and do what they're paid to do.

Too damn bad? Well that s a pretty cavalier attitude don't you think? It's pretty much the same thing as Hillary's "what difference does it make" bullshit" Why can't Ray Lewis heal the same way other people do? Becuase he's Ray Lewis?

mk_philly wrote:
Plus, we know of all the years playing football takes off these guys. They should be on stuff to help them with that. A lot of these banned substances could in fact help them keep some of their years they may lose playing this game. Is that so bad? Don't give me this high hose, ivory tower bullshit about "but its banned, plan and simple".

Now this is your most ridiculous argument yet. Let's say for the sake of discussion, the NFL just decided to "look the other way", waht do you will think will happen 10, 15 20 years down the line. These mother fuckers are suing the NFL because the NFL knew they were taking these drugs that are good for only short term relief but damaging long term.

It's the same way all these ass hats are suing the league now because they didn't know that multiple hits to the head could cause long term damage.

mk_philly wrote:

And lets not forget, the guy in question who claims Lewis took something, the guy has no credibility. If you're one of those people who find the person guilty just because someone said a person toke something... Well, I just accused every athlete in history. So, there you go.

It doesn't matter who the person who claims it says. Lets take a look at the facts. Ray Lewis has a torn triceps, All medical experts state that with natural healing, he will be out the reamiander of the season. Ray Lewis makes a "miraculous" come back in half the time. Sounds a bit suspicious to me.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck. Guess what? It's a fucking duck.

Furthermore, if this guy is so damn innocent, why doesn't he submit to a test where they are looking for a KNOWN banned substance? Because he knows he took it and doesn't want to tarnish his image.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 am

And here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8903292/demaurice-smith-domonique-foxworth-nflpa-lay-complaints-safety-issues

The NFLPA is so full of shit. Tehy don't want players held accountable for anything, here they want qualified doctors so if Ray suffers from any ill side effects of this banned substance that HE took, it won't be his fault, it will be the fault of the NFL for not providing him with proper medical care.

If you really want to make this a sob story whith oh boo-hoo, that substance should not be banned, well then don't fucking work there. It's his choice. I recently had aa job interview wher eI was told I am not allowed to smoke or drink alcohol, on my own time. I could understand on company time, but who are they to tell me that I can't have a few beers and cigarettes in my own home. Did I bithc and moan to people? No, I told them to remove my name from possible canididacy.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 am

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

Genetics is a drug now? When did this happen? And the reason there should not be an even playing field is because someone is more physically gifted than someone else, not because he/she used some type of drug to do so.

Genetics are chemical bases comprising of A, T, C and G (Adenine, Thymine, Cytosine and Guanine). These bases are genes, are made up of the chemical substance called DNA... Last time I checked, all drugs are made up of chemical substances. What athletes have are organic performance enhancers inside them. that's why not everyone can be a pro athlete.

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

Read your sentence again, lucky enough to play in an era when it wasn't a problem. Well guess what chief? It's a problem now so let's hold people accountable for when they do something against the rules.

I should rephrase by saying they're were lucky enough to be in an era of media downpour. They were just allowed to play the game without its scrutiny with lack of proof. These guys are in a state of paranoia, not taking help they need because something might show up in a test when all they're trying to do is stay healthy.

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

Too damn bad? Well that s a pretty cavalier attitude don't you think? It's pretty much the same thing as Hillary's "what difference does it make" bullshit" Why can't Ray Lewis heal the same way other people do? Becuase he's Ray Lewis?

No because everyone has the right to be healthy and to pursue any medical treatment that will help them. It's like these Straight Edge morons that won't even take aspirin to help with pain because they want to keep a "pure". Or the religious nuts that decide they don't need modern medicine because "God" will heal them. But athletes don't have the luxury of choice, they are prevented from getting the treatment they need.

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

Now this is your most ridiculous argument yet. Let's say for the sake of discussion, the NFL just decided to "look the other way", waht do you will think will happen 10, 15 20 years down the line. These mother fuckers are suing the NFL because the NFL knew they were taking these drugs that are good for only short term relief but damaging long term.

It's the same way all these ass hats are suing the league now because they didn't know that multiple hits to the head could cause long term damage.

Your problem is that you look at PEDs as a bad thing. Probably the same way you see marijuana because it's illegal. I'm basing that off the fact of how you responded to some of the states legalizing it for recreational use. You don't see, or don't want to acknowledge there are benefits to taking certain drugs if done responsibly.

That's not what the lawsuit is about. It's about the team doctors not doing their job. They told players or were told to tell them that they were fine and to go back out there and play when they weren't. That's irresponsibility by the league for allowing that to happen. what would you do if your child was told he/she was fine by a doctor and it turned out they weren't and that resulted in a permanent trauma? Would you blame your child for not knowing they were hurt?

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

It doesn't matter who the person who claims it says. Lets take a look at the facts. Ray Lewis has a torn triceps, All medical experts state that with natural healing, he will be out the reamiander of the season. Ray Lewis makes a "miraculous" come back in half the time. Sounds a bit suspicious to me.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck. Guess what? It's a fucking duck.

Furthermore, if this guy is so damn innocent, why doesn't he submit to a test where they are looking for a KNOWN banned substance? Because he knows he took it and doesn't want to tarnish his image.

Post-surgery, the arm is put in a sling or removable splint for 6 weeks. Recovery: 2 months, minimum for a person of average health.

Injured on Oct 14th... Surgery on the 17th... Returned on January 6th.

50 days (10 day less than 2 months). Rey Lewis WAS out the rest of the NFL season, he came back in the POST-season.

Now knowing that that time table is for an average person in average health.... Athletes are NOT average. Their genetics.... you know the thing I talked about earlier... those speed up healing on their own. not to mention a professional athlete has many advantages (like the latest latest equipment) that the average person doesn't. Look it up, the equipment made available is amazing.

Don't know if you watch wrestling, but there's a guy name John Cena who has had career/life threatening injuries.. not only did he come back from them all, he came back ahead of schedule almost every single time. He had a grade 3 torn pectoral muscle, told he was going to miss between six months to one year of action... He came back in 3 months.

AP.. no one thought he'd be ready to play this entire past season. He came back, and well... we know what he did.

Derrick Rose is coming back from injury way ahead of time...

Athletes heal faster... Its science. Fuck your duck.

As to why he won't submit t a drug test willingly? Why should he? To make people like you happy? what if there's a false positive? Its his right to not submit willingly to anything. Especially not to appease the media, speculators or anyone else. Just like you wouldn't do it either. You might say you would... but you wouldn't. Push comes to shove, you know what's true and that's what matters in the end.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 pm

mk_philly wrote:

Genetics are chemical bases comprising of A, T, C and G (Adenine, Thymine, Cytosine and Guanine). These bases are genes, are made up of the chemical substance called DNA... Last time I checked, all drugs are made up of chemical substances. What athletes have are organic performance enhancers inside them. that's why not everyone can be a pro athlete.

And DNA is a part of your NATURAL body, nothing is being injected into your body for you to have DNA. When you are injecting these PED's into your system, you are injecting a foreign substance into your body.

mk_philly wrote:

No because everyone has the right to be healthy and to pursue any medical treatment that will help them. It's like these Straight Edge morons that won't even take aspirin to help with pain because they want to keep a "pure". Or the religious nuts that decide they don't need modern medicine because "God" will heal them. But athletes don't have the luxury of choice, they are prevented from getting the treatment they need.

You are correct, everyone has the right to be healthy and pursue any medical treatment that will help them. And yes the athletes doe have a choice. If they don't like the rules et forth by their employers, get another job, just like I noted earlier how I turned down a job because I didn't agree with their nicotine and alcohol policy. If I had accepted the job, and failed a drug test for either of them, I would be disciplined and wouldn't have a corrupt union like the NFLPA to back me up.

mk_philly wrote:

Your problem is that you look at PEDs as a bad thing. Probably the same way you see marijuana because it's illegal. I'm basing that off the fact of how you responded to some of the states legalizing it for recreational use. You don't see, or don't want to acknowledge there are benefits to taking certain drugs if done responsibly.

The medical marijuana thing is completely absurd and is a completly differnt debate. It's not that I'm against PED's, I'm against the double standard. Ray Lewis' defenders would not be saying a damn thing about it if the accusations were against the 3rd string center for the Buffalo Bills. The fact still remain, it's a banned substance and everyone should be held to the same standards.
mk_philly wrote:

That's not what the lawsuit is about. It's about the team doctors not doing their job. They told players or were told to tell them that they were fine and to go back out there and play when they weren't. That's irresponsibility by the league for allowing that to happen. what would you do if your child was told he/she was fine by a doctor and it turned out they weren't and that resulted in a permanent trauma? Would you blame your child for not knowing they were hurt?

The lawsuit was only used as an example of how full of shit the NFLPA is. All they want is for someone to be held accountable when their players fuck up. Here's a perfect example of how full of shit the NFLPA is. They bitch and bitch and bitch about how the NFL needsto do more to keep the players safe but then they turn around and back a guy like James Harrison when he gets suspeneded by the league for numerous helmet to helmet hits.

mk_philly wrote:

Post-surgery, the arm is put in a sling or removable splint for 6 weeks. Recovery: 2 months, minimum for a person of average health.

Injured on Oct 14th... Surgery on the 17th... Returned on January 6th.

50 days (10 day less than 2 months). Rey Lewis WAS out the rest of the NFL season, he came back in the POST-season.

Now knowing that that time table is for an average person in average health.... Athletes are NOT average. Their genetics.... you know the thing I talked about earlier... those speed up healing on their own. not to mention a professional athlete has many advantages (like the latest latest equipment) that the average person doesn't. Look it up, the equipment made available is amazing.

And does that timetable figure into consideration about the activities able to be performed after recovery? They do not. Sure he can be fully recovered to perform everyday functions, but to play at his level in the NFL? Highly doubt it.
mk_philly wrote:

Don't know if you watch wrestling, but there's a guy name John Cena who has had career/life threatening injuries.. not only did he come back from them all, he came back ahead of schedule almost every single time. He had a grade 3 torn pectoral muscle, told he was going to miss between six months to one year of action... He came back in 3 months.

Are you really going to use pro wrestling as an example? First off, if you beleive that Cena is not using PED's you are delusional. All the top wrestlers are using them, the only ones that are banned are those that are ILLEGAL.

Furthermore, it's not even close to the same thing. You seee, in pro wrestling, the outcome of each match is predetermined. You don't even have to be an athlete to be succesful in the "sport" Hell ,if the script says "ctown is going to be WWE Champ" guess what, that means I'm going to be champ, regardless of my athletic ability.

mk_philly wrote:

As to why he won't submit t a drug test willingly? Why should he? To make people like you happy? what if there's a false positive? Its his right to not submit willingly to anything. Especially not to appease the media, speculators or anyone else. Just like you wouldn't do it either. You might say you would... but you wouldn't. Push comes to shove, you know what's true and that's what matters in the end.

I DO submit to random drug testing in my place of work, I am held to the same accountability as anyone else, and if I'm suspected of using something that is banned in the workplace, my choice is to either be tested or suffer the consequences, why should any of these prima donnas be held to any less of a standard?
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11288

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:36 pm

EXCUSE ME! As a former "Straight Edge MORON," I take offense with that remark. Straight edge means freedom from drugs (recreational or script), alcohol, and tobacco (also no promiscuity). You CAN take an aspirin or any other medication that has no mind altering effects. It is a lifestyle choice, and a good one as far as I am concerned. It was what I and most of my Punk music friends did back then. I had a great time and stayed coherent and safe.

Anyone who tells you that you cannot take aspirin is a tool.

Do your research before you go calling an entire subculture morons. And don't pull out some random Huffington Post or wiki link. I am not buying it. Until you have lived it, don't pretend to know about it.

Rant concluded. Have a nice day. Smile

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ray lewis....   

Back to top Go down

Ray lewis....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1