HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 NFL Players turning in their guns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1228
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : AZ

PostSubject: NFL Players turning in their guns   Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:38 pm

9:29AM EST December 10. 2012 - Multiple NFL players have surrendered their firearms in the wake of the Javon Belcher murder-suicide last weekend, according to Peter King on NBC's Football Night in America.

Via NBC Sports:

"In the last seven days, at least seven players around the league have gone to their league security officers to turn in the firearms that they possessed from their homes," King said on Sunday night's broadcast. "I'm also told that one of these players who had multiple firearms told the security officer, 'I don't trust myself with these guns in the house, please take them away.'"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/10/nfl-players-gun-surrender/1758105/
Back to top Go down
muggs1953
BB Xtra Super Junkie
BB Xtra Super Junkie
avatar

Male Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Orlando Florida

PostSubject: Re: NFL Players turning in their guns   Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Considering how poorly I've done with my picks the last couple of weeks maybe I should turn in my guns too.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9223
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: NFL Players turning in their guns   Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:17 am

mk_philly wrote:
9:29AM EST December 10. 2012 - Multiple NFL players have surrendered their firearms in the wake of the Javon Belcher murder-suicide last weekend, according to Peter King on NBC's Football Night in America.

Via NBC Sports:

"In the last seven days, at least seven players around the league have gone to their league security officers to turn in the firearms that they possessed from their homes," King said on Sunday night's broadcast. "I'm also told that one of these players who had multiple firearms told the security officer, 'I don't trust myself with these guns in the house, please take them away.'"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/10/nfl-players-gun-surrender/1758105/

At the risk of being politically incorrect here, I do think it's a good thing that some people are turning in their guns, especially those who "don't trust themselves" but the fact of the matter is, owning a gun is a responsibility and I think gun control laws are too strict. Facts show that legal gun owners with the proper permits are not the ones to worry about. The criminals are going to have their guns one way or antoher, they dont care about breaking the law.

Now, how many of these players had legal permits for their guns?

This almost seems like a shameless ploy by gun control advocates to take a horrible tragedy and use it to further their agenda.

For the record, I am not and never have been a gun owner.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11299
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: NFL Players turning in their guns   Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:50 am

muggs1953 wrote:
Considering how poorly I've done with my picks the last couple of weeks maybe I should turn in my guns too.


Me too muggs, me too! Duh!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11299
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: NFL Players turning in their guns   Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 am

ctown28 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:
9:29AM EST December 10. 2012 - Multiple NFL players have surrendered their firearms in the wake of the Javon Belcher murder-suicide last weekend, according to Peter King on NBC's Football Night in America.

Via NBC Sports:

"In the last seven days, at least seven players around the league have gone to their league security officers to turn in the firearms that they possessed from their homes," King said on Sunday night's broadcast. "I'm also told that one of these players who had multiple firearms told the security officer, 'I don't trust myself with these guns in the house, please take them away.'"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/10/nfl-players-gun-surrender/1758105/

At the risk of being politically incorrect here, I do think it's a good thing that some people are turning in their guns, especially those who "don't trust themselves" but the fact of the matter is, owning a gun is a responsibility and I think gun control laws are too strict. Facts show that legal gun owners with the proper permits are not the ones to worry about. The criminals are going to have their guns one way or antoher, they dont care about breaking the law.

Now, how many of these players had legal permits for their guns?

This almost seems like a shameless ploy by gun control advocates to take a horrible tragedy and use it to further their agenda.

For the record, I am not and never have been a gun owner.


Gosh, I hope not but I would not put it past that group. Owning a gun is a huge responsibility and not to be taken lightly.


Yes, I am a gun owner.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NFL Players turning in their guns   

Back to top Go down
 
NFL Players turning in their guns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Albino turning red - internal infection?
» Chaotic Players
» For all dem players
» Players-McLaren Racing Team
» Need help fast, calico male body turning white

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SPORTS Junkies :: NFL :: NFL: General Discussions-
Jump to: