HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2191
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : peeking around the corner...

PostSubject: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:39 pm

PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick is a dog owner again.

Vick, who served 18 months in federal prison on dogfighting charges, confirmed Thursday that his family has a dog. The Philadelphia Eagles' four-time Pro Bowl quarterback refused to discuss the topic just a day earlier.





Vick

"I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet," Vick said in a statement. "As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals. I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect. Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Since his release from prison in 2009, Vick has worked with The Humane Society of the United States to speak out against animal cruelty. He's made appearances at schools and spoken to students about the dangers of being involved in dogfighting. Vick says that commitment will continue.

"This is an opportunity to break the cycle," Vick said. "To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

The Humane Society declined to comment.

Vick was banned from owning a dog until completing his probation period. When he first stated his desire to own one, it touched off a firestorm. Some animal-rights activists were outraged along with fans who thought the star player should never be allowed to have a dog.

"I'm not a psychopath. I'm not crazy. I'm a human being," Vick once told The Associated Press about wanting to own a dog. "What happened in my past and what I did in the culture I grew up in doesn't shape and mold me as the person I am now."
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 am

As a dog owner, I feel that man should never be allowed to own a dog again. Sorry, it is just how I feel.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2692
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 am

Did you see how they caught him? He twittered/tweeted (not sure of correct wording) a photo of his daughter sitting at the kitchen table & there was a box of Milkbones in the corner. When someone noticed it, he quick took the photo down & took another w/o the biscuits.
I believe in second chances, but this guy has something dark inside of him to do what he did to innocent animals & should never be in the same room with one again.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8828
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:23 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Did you see how they caught him? He twittered/tweeted (not sure of correct wording) a photo of his daughter sitting at the kitchen table & there was a box of Milkbones in the corner. When someone noticed it, he quick took the photo down & took another w/o the biscuits.
I believe in second chances, but this guy has something dark inside of him to do what he did to innocent animals & should never be in the same room with one again.

I believe in 2nd chances as well, but not at the risk of putting another defenseless animal in harms way. This may sound extreme, but it's just like a sex offender, one chance and you are done, they can never be around kids again unsupervised, it should be the same way with animals.

Hopefully this dog will get the love and caring that it needs, but a secret part of me wants to hear about the dog going after him in his sleep!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 am

ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:
Did you see how they caught him? He twittered/tweeted (not sure of correct wording) a photo of his daughter sitting at the kitchen table & there was a box of Milkbones in the corner. When someone noticed it, he quick took the photo down & took another w/o the biscuits.
I believe in second chances, but this guy has something dark inside of him to do what he did to innocent animals & should never be in the same room with one again.

I believe in 2nd chances as well, but not at the risk of putting another defenseless animal in harms way. This may sound extreme, but it's just like a sex offender, one chance and you are done, they can never be around kids again unsupervised, it should be the same way with animals.

Hopefully this dog will get the love and caring that it needs, but a secret part of me wants to hear about the dog going after him in his sleep!


Tee hee hee........revenge of the pups! cheers

I agree about your comparison to sex offenders........one chance and you are done.


_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2692
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:09 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:
Did you see how they caught him? He twittered/tweeted (not sure of correct wording) a photo of his daughter sitting at the kitchen table & there was a box of Milkbones in the corner. When someone noticed it, he quick took the photo down & took another w/o the biscuits.
I believe in second chances, but this guy has something dark inside of him to do what he did to innocent animals & should never be in the same room with one again.

I believe in 2nd chances as well, but not at the risk of putting another defenseless animal in harms way. This may sound extreme, but it's just like a sex offender, one chance and you are done, they can never be around kids again unsupervised, it should be the same way with animals.

Hopefully this dog will get the love and caring that it needs, but a secret part of me wants to hear about the dog going after him in his sleep!


Tee hee hee........revenge of the pups! cheers

I agree about your comparison to sex offenders........one chance and you are done.


Sex offenders should just get it cut off....no questions asked, just snip, snip, snip!

Vick needs to fall into a pit of alligators to feel what it's like to be torn apart....same as what he did to the dogs.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:
Did you see how they caught him? He twittered/tweeted (not sure of correct wording) a photo of his daughter sitting at the kitchen table & there was a box of Milkbones in the corner. When someone noticed it, he quick took the photo down & took another w/o the biscuits.
I believe in second chances, but this guy has something dark inside of him to do what he did to innocent animals & should never be in the same room with one again.

I believe in 2nd chances as well, but not at the risk of putting another defenseless animal in harms way. This may sound extreme, but it's just like a sex offender, one chance and you are done, they can never be around kids again unsupervised, it should be the same way with animals.

Hopefully this dog will get the love and caring that it needs, but a secret part of me wants to hear about the dog going after him in his sleep!


Tee hee hee........revenge of the pups! cheers

I agree about your comparison to sex offenders........one chance and you are done.


Sex offenders should just get it cut off....no questions asked, just snip, snip, snip!

Vick needs to fall into a pit of alligators to feel what it's like to be torn apart....same as what he did to the dogs.

STAMP and :(finger31):

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
Trogdor83
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 243
Join date : 2012-07-14
Location : the stoop at 123 Sesame Street

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:02 pm

I know i will probably get flamed for this but Devils Advocate time:

He didnt do anything wrong. He was only barred from owning a dog until he got off probation. What better way for him to show that he has turned his life around. He has teamed with the humane society to do numerous talks with inner city kids to talk about how dog fighting is wrong and illegal. What better way to prove his rehabilitation then to become a responsible dog owner.

Lets ban a shoplifter from ever entering a store. lets ban a drunk driver from ever driving a car. A murderer can never interact with another human being. A white collar criminal can never again touch money. A drug dealer can not have access to medicine.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2692
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Trogdor83 wrote:
I know i will probably get flamed for this but Devils Advocate time:

He didnt do anything wrong. He was only barred from owning a dog until he got off probation. What better way for him to show that he has turned his life around. He has teamed with the humane society to do numerous talks with inner city kids to talk about how dog fighting is wrong and illegal. What better way to prove his rehabilitation then to become a responsible dog owner.

Lets ban a shoplifter from ever entering a store. lets ban a drunk driver from ever driving a car. A murderer can never interact with another human being. A white collar criminal can never again touch money. A drug dealer can not have access to medicine.

Sorry, I stand by what I said. To do what he did to defenseless animals the man has to have some kind of sickness inside to beat, drown, & electrocute the dogs the way he did. Obviously he didn't want the word to get out, or why take the photo with the biscuts down & replace it with one without the treats. His actions weren't a one time thing of losing control & kicking a dog (that alone is horrendous), but he has a history & it was a gratifying sport to him. You don't lose that overnight. I'm sure he's under supervision when he's at the humane society.
No he didn't do anything wrong by getting a dog after probation, but what about all the wrongs & attrocities he commited before that? There is no way I can equate a shoplifter with Vick's crimes & maybe we should ban drunk drivers from driving a car...it may save lives.
Back to top Go down
Trogdor83
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 243
Join date : 2012-07-14
Location : the stoop at 123 Sesame Street

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:46 pm

First off, i am not trying to change anyones mind. Just pointing put the other side of the argument.

He tried to hide it because he knew it would create a media firestorm. He talked about his daughter wanting a dog last year and the media was all over it. He didnt want to cause a distraction to his team. His number 1 priority right now is winning. His contract is set up in a way that the Eagles can terminate his contract at the end of the season. If that happens then he is leaving millions and millions of dollars on the table.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2692
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Trogdor83 wrote:
First off, i am not trying to change anyones mind. Just pointing put the other side of the argument.

He tried to hide it because he knew it would create a media firestorm. He talked about his daughter wanting a dog last year and the media was all over it. He didnt want to cause a distraction to his team. His number 1 priority right now is winning. His contract is set up in a way that the Eagles can terminate his contract at the end of the season. If that happens then he is leaving millions and millions of dollars on the table.

Oh I know, sorry if I came across too strong. It's a hot topic & everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm a big proponent of animal rights & have worked with animal rescue & pet therapy & my family does volunteer work at one of our shelters here, so what Vick has done is very sensitive to me. A firestorm is exactly what happened because folks were & still are outraged at his behavior. As I said before, I believe in second chances but I'm just not sure because of his repulsive acts in the past, that he is completely or will ever be rehabilitated.
I know everyone is entitled to make a living & in his case there is a lot of money involved, but I just feel that he brought it on himself & he should consider himself lucky that the NFL took him back. Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8828
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:28 am

Trogdor83 wrote:
First off, i am not trying to change anyones mind. Just pointing put the other side of the argument.

He tried to hide it because he knew it would create a media firestorm. He talked about his daughter wanting a dog last year and the media was all over it. He didnt want to cause a distraction to his team. His number 1 priority right now is winning. His contract is set up in a way that the Eagles can terminate his contract at the end of the season. If that happens then he is leaving millions and millions of dollars on the table.

He's gonnabe a distraction regardless. He is going to be scrutinized by the media just because the guy is an ex-con. Anything he does will draw attention

Here's my problem with Michael Vick, I don't honestly think he is sorry for what he did, I think the only thing he is sorry for is that he got caught.

Let me ask you this Trog, and please be honest, would you defend him or paly devils advocate if he didn't play for the Eagles and played for one of their rivals like the Giants or Cowboys?
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:44 am

Trogdor83 wrote:
I know i will probably get flamed for this but Devils Advocate time:

He didnt do anything wrong. He was only barred from owning a dog until he got off probation. What better way for him to show that he has turned his life around. He has teamed with the humane society to do numerous talks with inner city kids to talk about how dog fighting is wrong and illegal. What better way to prove his rehabilitation then to become a responsible dog owner.

Lets ban a shoplifter from ever entering a store. lets ban a drunk driver from ever driving a car. A murderer can never interact with another human being. A white collar criminal can never again touch money. A drug dealer can not have access to medicine.

I, for one, would LOVE to ban drunk drivers from ever entering a car. If this happened my sister might be alive today instead of having been taken out by a drunken piece of shit. Sorry, drunk driving is a hot button issue for me!

As for Vick, yeah, I can apprerciate the whole devils advocate thing but what he did to those animals is just sick and cruel. I worry about his new pup.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8828
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:50 am

I really can't comment on the drunk driving thing, I got a DUI when I was younger, but I really have learned my lesson and the laws were much more leniant then. I wasn't so bad that I might lose control or anything but regardless I was wrong and thankfully nobody was hurt.

Capri, I'm really sorry to hear that you lost someone close to a drunk driver.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11259
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : On the beach.....

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:02 am

ctown28 wrote:
I really can't comment on the drunk driving thing, I got a DUI when I was younger, but I really have learned my lesson and the laws were much more leniant then. I wasn't so bad that I might lose control or anything but regardless I was wrong and thankfully nobody was hurt.

Capri, I'm really sorry to hear that you lost someone close to a drunk driver.

Thanks C TOWN! Notice I used your full name, lol. The person who hit my sister was BEYOND intoxicated, she had no idea where she was, could barely walk, etc. She is a real piece of work who had been busted for DUI numerous times (7) yet she was still driving (without a license).

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
Trogdor83
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 243
Join date : 2012-07-14
Location : the stoop at 123 Sesame Street

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Trogdor83 wrote:
First off, i am not trying to change anyones mind. Just pointing put the other side of the argument.

He tried to hide it because he knew it would create a media firestorm. He talked about his daughter wanting a dog last year and the media was all over it. He didnt want to cause a distraction to his team. His number 1 priority right now is winning. His contract is set up in a way that the Eagles can terminate his contract at the end of the season. If that happens then he is leaving millions and millions of dollars on the table.

He's gonnabe a distraction regardless. He is going to be scrutinized by the media just because the guy is an ex-con. Anything he does will draw attention

Here's my problem with Michael Vick, I don't honestly think he is sorry for what he did, I think the only thing he is sorry for is that he got caught.

Let me ask you this Trog, and please be honest, would you defend him or paly devils advocate if he didn't play for the Eagles and played for one of their rivals like the Giants or Cowboys?

Would i hate his guts if he was a Giant or Cowboy like i hate Eli, Romo, and the rest of the players? Yes. Would i think he was a scumbag? Probably. Would I fain indignancy about him owning a dog to get under the skin of the other teams fans? Absolutely. Would I make jokes about it? yup. Would i still play devils advocate on a message board with a bunch of internet "friends?" Absolutely. Would i be mad that he actually got a dog? No, I dont think I would be.
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2191
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : peeking around the corner...

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

MY opinion is that he should NEVER own a pet again in his life......EVER!!!!


He had no regard for those animals...just money!

He wasnt "convicted/sentenced" properly IMO, and yes, I am angry about it!
And now to read that he has a pet dog in his household just sickens me. I dont cars how much money he donates or how many shelters he makes appearances to. It doesnt take away the pain those dogs suffered.


This is just how I feel and nothing will change my mind.


Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2191
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : peeking around the corner...

PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 pm

He is ust not a good person all the way around..... I just dont like him.


If you go to wiki.. and read about him, it just a sad, greedy life.


Can he change...maybe, but IMO, not likely....

~~~~ Money will not buy you a good reputation~~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]   

Back to top Go down
 
[b]ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!![/b]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Hello everybody, I'm Illydan
» A Proxy Protagonist?[Case Closed]
» Some freaking Blue Eyes deck
» HOLY FREAKING MOOCOW! BAKEMONOGATARI ep 15 SUBBED
» An audio post. Honestly. Cartridges. No kidding , on snake oil.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SPORTS Junkies :: NFL :: NFL: General Discussions-
Jump to: