Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBFan31MN
BB ULTRA Super Junkie
BB ULTRA Super Junkie

Male Posts : 333

PostSubject: Vegas   Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Anyone check this out yet? The first episode was actually pretty good. I'm a big fan of Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid both, so I had to check it out. Looks like an interesting show, one I'm gonna keep watching for now to see how the story develops. Anyways, I just thought I would start a thread for this.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Vegas   Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:29 am

I tried it, not my thing I guess.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11433

PostSubject: Re: Vegas   Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:29 am

BBFan31MN wrote:

Anyone check this out yet? The first episode was actually pretty good. I'm a big fan of Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid both, so I had to check it out. Looks like an interesting show, one I'm gonna keep watching for now to see how the story develops. Anyways, I just thought I would start a thread for this.

Dammit! I missed it! Wanted to see it as I am a Chiklis fan too (loved the Shield). Looks like I will have to catch it on demand.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: Vegas   Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:02 pm

mk_philly wrote:
I tried it, not my thing I guess.

I agree with mk Philly, it seems way too much of the same old thing. Not that it was a bad show, but I actually thought the playboy club show from last season was a little better overall. I am not big on mafia stuff anyway, love the scifi, that is what hooks me in.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11433

PostSubject: Re: Vegas   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:19 am

ctown28 wrote:
I was really looking forward to this show and it was a bit of a disappointment. It looks like it will be another serial crime of the wek show set in Las Vegas. I was expecting more mob stories and things like that.

As I was watching, I kept getting the feeling that something was off, then it hit me. The show is set in 1960's Las Vegas and there are mobsters everywhere. Yet, not once did you see any of them smoking a cigarette. I know that's a bit nitpicky, but it really throws off the mood and feel for the show. In 1960's Las Vegas everyone smoked everywhere.

Crap! I was hoping it would be more of a mob show too. I don't think I can handle any more serial crime of the week shows!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegas   

Back to top Go down

Vegas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1