AuthorMessage
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11267

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 am

mk_philly wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
In typical JJ Abrams fashion, this show is moving too quick. Just watched the 2nd episode and they are already introducing more questions. Now while I don't expect the answers to some of the questions from the first episode:

How did the power go out?
Who is on the other end of the computer?
Where is the computer drawing it's power from?
What's on that flash drive in the necklace?

Let's try to advance those a bit and give us some time to think before giving us new questions like, "Who is Randall?"

This is a very fast way to lose an audience and I really want the show to do well as I really like the concept, just slow it down a bit. Slow and steady wins the race

http://www.theinsider.com/tv/55538_Revolution_Season_1_Preview_Interview_Creator_Eric_Kripke/index.html

read the interview for the answer as to why the power went out. I'm sure you'll hate it lol.

I think we'll find out who's on the other side of the computer. My guess is that its Rachel.

The computer it getting its power from that necklace, they kind of showed that off a few times. The necklace powers up and is able to power electronics like the computer and that cattle pron.

Whats on the flash drive? Files of course =)

Oh, btw.. we find out in episode 6 why Rachel abandoned her family. So thats one answer we'll be getting.

I think you may be onto something here! cheers

An arc reactor.......that would be plausible given the creators/producers/whatever of the show and the Iron Man connection.

@ctown, if we see Hurley and a gallon of ranch dressing potato may just pass out from sheer joy! Donald Duck

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8837

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 am

Here is a nice theory that I saw for the power going out posted on another board:

Quote :
Nanotech.

Spreading like a virus but only in certain kinds of conductors and capable of "damming up" the flow of electrons on command or as a default once some critical infection density is reached.

The pendants can command local infections to "ease off" and allow current flow.
All twelve pendants together have the gazillion digit "kill" code to disable the infection and allow 21st century technology to breathe again.

The nanotech was developed as a "soft-kill" weapon system meant to disable an opponent's technology and economy with a minimum of collateral damage (compared to bombing and missile strikes). It will not infect biological systems or impact atmospheric electrical phenomenon. It might also be transmittable by air so even battery powered items never connected to the copper power or communications grid would be infected as well.

The nanotech got loose from a test or was deliberately released by a malcontent.

The 12 given the pendants had only a short time to prepare for the shutoff as the "copper fever" spread quickly and chaotically until critical infection density had been reached - then. Lights Out. And they'll remain Out until the "kill" code is transmitted.

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense, it was supposed to be a weapon and just got away from them. remember Ben (the father) was working on a project for the dept of defense!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 am

Not sure how many of you are still watching this, but last night was the midseason finale (It won't be back on until March)

Now I enjoy the show and can suspend disbelief for the most part. I don't mind having to "turn off my brain" for some of these shows at all, but there was one part of last nights episode that really bothered me. When Miles and Monroe finally confront each other and have their heart to heart talk and we get a little background on them (Although they still haven't explained what lead to their breakup). Miles basically has Monroe dead to rights, game over but then Monroe moves in for the attack. The scene was so ridiculous it was almost as if Miles said to him "I couldn't kill you before, but I have no problem doing it now, so let me lower my gun to give you the opportunity to get close enough to disarm me"
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Not sure how many of you are still watching this, but last night was the midseason finale (It won't be back on until March)

Now I enjoy the show and can suspend disbelief for the most part. I don't mind having to "turn off my brain" for some of these shows at all, but there was one part of last nights episode that really bothered me. When Miles and Monroe finally confront each other and have their heart to heart talk and we get a little background on them (Although they still haven't explained what lead to their breakup). Miles basically has Monroe dead to rights, game over but then Monroe moves in for the attack. The scene was so ridiculous it was almost as if Miles said to him "I couldn't kill you before, but I have no problem doing it now, so let me lower my gun to give you the opportunity to get close enough to disarm me"

I am behind on the show on my DVR about 4 episodes, but here is my input. Before the show aired I had the highest expectations for this show. The 1st episode and really the whole show did not meet them. But once I got used to what the show is, I like it allot and I think it is one of the best shows on tv now. Not a classic show, but a really good one. Flaws in it, but lots of fun and entertainment and creativity to keep me saying that I like the show allot. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm still watching & I think it's a pretty good show. During the confrontation I kept saying to Miles....kill him, kill him, although knowing full well he wouldn't because the show must go on & Monroe has to be around as the epitome of evil...if we have the good (Miles) we have to have the bad (Monroe). I'm curious about the helicopter & who was in it....were they stealing the machine & going to help Charlie & company, or are they part of Monroe's team trying to kill them. Looking forward to next season.

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
I'm still watching & I think it's a pretty good show. During the confrontation I kept saying to Miles....kill him, kill him, although knowing full well he wouldn't because the show must go on & Monroe has to be around as the epitome of evil...if we have the good (Miles) we have to have the bad (Monroe). I'm curious about the helicopter & who was in it....were they stealing the machine & going to help Charlie & company, or are they part of Monroe's team trying to kill them. Looking forward to next season.

That one scene just really bothered me, most of the things I can look right past since it's just a tv show, but this scene almost seemed forced.
As far as the helicopter goes, my guess is that the pilot is the guy that is Miles' buddy from earlier in the episode. The one that Neville was pissed at for not telling him Miles was there.

I jus thope they don't do something really stupid and make the kid, I think his name was Nate (Neville's son) the pilot. I mean where would he have learned to fly a helicopter since he was aonly about 5 when the power went out.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:39 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

That one scene just really bothered me, most of the things I can look right past since it's just a tv show, but this scene almost seemed forced.
As far as the helicopter goes, my guess is that the pilot is the guy that is Miles' buddy from earlier in the episode. The one that Neville was pissed at for not telling him Miles was there.

I jus thope they don't do something really stupid and make the kid, I think his name was Nate (Neville's son) the pilot. I mean where would he have learned to fly a helicopter since he was aonly about 5 when the power went out.

Good point...it's got to be someone older & I hope it's someone good so they can rescue Miles, etc. & then Monroe's gang will have to try & steal it back. If the pilot is one of Monroe's gang then the story will just continue as is...bad guys chasing good guys. They need a reversal at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   

Back to top Go down

Revolution
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2