HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Revolution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!
avatar

Female Posts : 578
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Revolution   Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Really enjoyed the first epi. The characters are believable, the action was unexpected, and the last scene has me wondering!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9585
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:20 am

Sunshine4all wrote:
Really enjoyed the first epi. The characters are believable, the action was unexpected, and the last scene has me wondering!

It was an ok show and I will continue to watch it.

One of the things that always cracks me up though is how these people are travelling all this distance and just know to go to Chicago and find this guy. Thye get there and decide to look in a hotel and what do you know? There he is!
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I saw the show last night and was greatly disapointed. It was ok, but has lots of flaws. I hope it gets better as any show with JJ abrams name on it and sci fi to me means top notch! But this show is and never will be that! I like the female lead and the concept, but so far too much Hunger games and robin hood action and sterotypical charaters and plotline. The episode ended with promise, so I will keep watching as I love sci fi and it is still a decent show.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11433
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:47 pm

potato74 wrote:
I saw the show last night and was greatly disapointed. It was ok, but has lots of flaws. I hope it gets better as any show with JJ abrams name on it and sci fi to me means top notch! But this show is and never will be that! I like the female lead and the concept, but so far too much Hunger games and robin hood action and sterotypical charaters and plotline. The episode ended with promise, so I will keep watching as I love sci fi and it is still a decent show.

Agreed potato! cheers

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:26 pm

capricious1 wrote:
potato74 wrote:
I saw the show last night and was greatly disapointed. It was ok, but has lots of flaws. I hope it gets better as any show with JJ abrams name on it and sci fi to me means top notch! But this show is and never will be that! I like the female lead and the concept, but so far too much Hunger games and robin hood action and sterotypical charaters and plotline. The episode ended with promise, so I will keep watching as I love sci fi and it is still a decent show.

Agreed potato!

Interesting enough, just read that this show has recieved the biggest ratings for any show since V, 3 years ago. V was a good show and I liked it to the end, but looke what happened to that one. Almost 12 million viewers, but will they keep sticking around and even will I

On other ratings news, the Mob doctor, which I watched for 5 minutes, sucked and the ratings sucked and it is expected to gt the axe soon
Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!
avatar

Female Posts : 578
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:00 pm

I agree about Mob Doctor. What a predictable storyline! I like William Forsythe, but not enough to watch this disappointing show.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2693
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:03 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Sunshine4all wrote:
Really enjoyed the first epi. The characters are believable, the action was unexpected, and the last scene has me wondering!

It was an ok show and I will continue to watch it.

One of the things that always cracks me up though is how these people are travelling all this distance and just know to go to Chicago and find this guy. Thye get there and decide to look in a hotel and what do you know? There he is!

The girl's father told her where to go to find her uncle before he died, but I agree about the first person they talk to just happens to be Uncle Miles. The thing that made me laugh was in the beginning the husband rushes in & says fill the bathtub & sinks. Ok maybe that lasted a week, so what have they been drinking for the last 15 years, lol.
I didn't think it was great, but I'll give it a chance
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9585
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:19 pm

potato74 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
potato74 wrote:
I saw the show last night and was greatly disapointed. It was ok, but has lots of flaws. I hope it gets better as any show with JJ abrams name on it and sci fi to me means top notch! But this show is and never will be that! I like the female lead and the concept, but so far too much Hunger games and robin hood action and sterotypical charaters and plotline. The episode ended with promise, so I will keep watching as I love sci fi and it is still a decent show.

Agreed potato!

Interesting enough, just read that this show has recieved the biggest ratings for any show since V, 3 years ago. V was a good show and I liked it to the end, but looke what happened to that one. Almost 12 million viewers, but will they keep sticking around and even will I

On other ratings news, the Mob doctor, which I watched for 5 minutes, sucked and the ratings sucked and it is expected to gt the axe soon

You really can't compare it to V. ABC really fucked that show up. First they put on the initial 4 episodes and tehn it went on hiatus for 3 months, despite good ratings. That cost them a bunch of viewers. And then when they brought it back for the 2nd seasin, it was a mid season reaplacement show.

Mob doctor I didn't even bother with and I love mob dramas (Goodfellas is my favorite movie), but when I saw the promo where the Dr was going to be operating on someone and got the order that the patient has to die, I knew I wouldn't be watching it. The mob would never act that way, when they whack someone they want to send a message as well, that's why a lot of mob hits are so violent.

Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11433
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:41 am

ctown28 wrote:
potato74 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
potato74 wrote:
I saw the show last night and was greatly disapointed. It was ok, but has lots of flaws. I hope it gets better as any show with JJ abrams name on it and sci fi to me means top notch! But this show is and never will be that! I like the female lead and the concept, but so far too much Hunger games and robin hood action and sterotypical charaters and plotline. The episode ended with promise, so I will keep watching as I love sci fi and it is still a decent show.

Agreed potato!

Interesting enough, just read that this show has recieved the biggest ratings for any show since V, 3 years ago. V was a good show and I liked it to the end, but looke what happened to that one. Almost 12 million viewers, but will they keep sticking around and even will I

On other ratings news, the Mob doctor, which I watched for 5 minutes, sucked and the ratings sucked and it is expected to gt the axe soon

You really can't compare it to V. ABC really fucked that show up. First they put on the initial 4 episodes and tehn it went on hiatus for 3 months, despite good ratings. That cost them a bunch of viewers. And then when they brought it back for the 2nd seasin, it was a mid season reaplacement show.

Mob doctor I didn't even bother with and I love mob dramas (Goodfellas is my favorite movie), but when I saw the promo where the Dr was going to be operating on someone and got the order that the patient has to die, I knew I wouldn't be watching it. The mob would never act that way, when they whack someone they want to send a message as well, that's why a lot of mob hits are so violent.


OMG love that movie!

Don't even get me started on "V." What they did with that show just pisses me off!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9585
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 am

capricious1 wrote:

OMG love that movie!


One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?'

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9585
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am

This show is a spinoff of Lost:

Walt is on the other end of the computer

Black Smoke didn't really die and he finally escaped and his presence is causing the blackout.

When Desmond pulled the plug on the Island this happened.

It all makes perfect sense!
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:11 pm

ctown28 wrote:
This show is a spinoff of Lost:

Walt is on the other end of the computer

Black Smoke didn't really die and he finally escaped and his presence is causing the blackout.

When Desmond pulled the plug on the Island this happened.

It all makes perfect sense!

Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!
avatar

Female Posts : 578
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:32 pm

It actually reminds me more of Jericho (loved that show!) - I am a sucker for those post apocalyptic storylines!!! Hoping this one improves now that we have all the characters and premise in place!
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Sunshine4all wrote:
It actually reminds me more of Jericho (loved that show!) - I am a sucker for those post apocalyptic storylines!!! Hoping this one improves now that we have all the characters and premise in place!

I love lost, I love Jerico and have or am re-watching both shows on Netflix, I love Scifi and Fringe and lots of great sci fi shows in the past, like V as well. But so far I do not love Revolution and hope I do, it is only the 1st show, it can get better. But to me Lost is the king of all scifi on tv, the 1st show alone, blew me away. I am watching the whole thing again on netflix and that show is so exciting seeing all of them again in order!! Some shows are good for one viewing, we will see about Revolution, needs allot of work still and needs to slow down the pace a bit.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11433
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Sunshine4all wrote:
It actually reminds me more of Jericho (loved that show!) - I am a sucker for those post apocalyptic storylines!!! Hoping this one improves now that we have all the characters and premise in place!


Sunshine, me too! I loved Jericho! I love all those post apocalyptic stories. Have you read "The Road," by Cormac McCarthy, great post apocalyptic book......beautiful and terrifying.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11433
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

OMG love that movie!


One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?'



Classic!

My favorite.....

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9585
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:49 am

capricious1 wrote:
My favorite.....

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

You have no idea how often I give this speech to people when they tell me I'm funny. In fact, if I ever make it on BB and someone tells me I'm funny, you can count on me giving the speech!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9585
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:40 pm

In typical JJ Abrams fashion, this show is moving too quick. Just watched the 2nd episode and they are already introducing more questions. Now while I don't expect the answers to some of the questions from the first episode:

How did the power go out?
Who is on the other end of the computer?
Where is the computer drawing it's power from?
What's on that flash drive in the necklace?

Let's try to advance those a bit and give us some time to think before giving us new questions like, "Who is Randall?"

This is a very fast way to lose an audience and I really want the show to do well as I really like the concept, just slow it down a bit. Slow and steady wins the race
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1228
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 pm

ctown28 wrote:
In typical JJ Abrams fashion, this show is moving too quick. Just watched the 2nd episode and they are already introducing more questions. Now while I don't expect the answers to some of the questions from the first episode:

How did the power go out?
Who is on the other end of the computer?
Where is the computer drawing it's power from?
What's on that flash drive in the necklace?


Let's try to advance those a bit and give us some time to think before giving us new questions like, "Who is Randall?"

This is a very fast way to lose an audience and I really want the show to do well as I really like the concept, just slow it down a bit. Slow and steady wins the race

http://www.theinsider.com/tv/55538_Revolution_Season_1_Preview_Interview_Creator_Eric_Kripke/index.html

read the interview for the answer as to why the power went out. I'm sure you'll hate it lol.

I think we'll find out who's on the other side of the computer. My guess is that its Rachel.

The computer it getting its power from that necklace, they kind of showed that off a few times. The necklace powers up and is able to power electronics like the computer and that cattle pron.

Whats on the flash drive? Files of course =)

Oh, btw.. we find out in episode 6 why Rachel abandoned her family. So thats one answer we'll be getting.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9585
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:07 am

mk_philly wrote:
http://www.theinsider.com/tv/55538_Revolution_Season_1_Preview_Interview_Creator_Eric_Kripke/index.html

read the interview for the answer as to why the power went out. I'm sure you'll hate it lol.
I read that last week, I'm not so worried about being disappointed with the answer, someone will always be disappointed and I don't need the answer right away, but just the fact in the interview the guy is downplaying it, is cause for concern. It's the main plot device for the show.


mk_philly wrote:

I think we'll find out who's on the other side of the computer. My guess is that its Rachel.

Not a bad guess and you could very well be right.

mk_philly wrote:

The computer it getting its power from that necklace, they kind of showed that off a few times. The necklace powers up and is able to power electronics like the computer and that cattle pron.

Fair enough, but you just know I'm going to ask. Wher edoes the necklace get it's power from? All batteries are not working either. IS this a special battery? If so how does it work? This all goes back to the main question, how did the power go out?

mk_philly wrote:

Whats on the flash drive? Files of course =)

How silly of me! NaNaNaNa

mk_philly wrote:

Oh, btw.. we find out in episode 6 why Rachel abandoned her family. So thats one answer we'll be getting.

Now to me, that is perfect. We will get the answer to that question after 6 episodes, taht is not too long to wait and on the flip side it isn't giving it away too early.

My main point is with a show like this, you need to answer some questions before bringing in a bunch of new ones. Otherwise your viewers will forget about the eariler ones. They need to just slow down a bit and let things develop before distracting us with other things
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1228
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:01 pm

My guess as to how the necklace powers is its some kind of arc reactor. Like Tony Stark has inside his chest. It is Abrams and Favreau (who wrote directed Iron Man) after all.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11433
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:27 am

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
My favorite.....

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

You have no idea how often I give this speech to people when they tell me I'm funny. In fact, if I ever make it on BB and someone tells me I'm funny, you can count on me giving the speech!


Looking forward to seeing you say that on BB! cheers

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1228
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:13 pm

NBC picked this up for a full season order. Dunno if we'll get 2 stories in 1 season or if they're extending on the season. Time will tell, but no fear.... Revolution will be on the air until May!
Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!
avatar

Female Posts : 578
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:30 pm

cheers YAY! cheers I'm beginning to REALLY like this show! And hooray that the magic thingy provided a minute of power so what's her name could see her kids again!!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 9585
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Revolution   Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:25 am

This show is getting more and more like Lost each week. There's the thing with common actors/actresses (Juliette and now Lapidus) are on the show, and the most striking resemblance is in the format, it seems each week they are doing a flashback on a specific character, just like they did on Lost.

I think it would be awesome for the blackout reveal if it was because Locke and Desmond didn't push the button. I'm waiting for them to wlak into a room and see Hurley sitting there eating a gallon of Ranch salad dressing! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Revolution   

Back to top Go down
 
Revolution
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» DO YOU THINK THE UNITED STATES WOULD HAVE A REVOLUTION ?
» HAS REVOLUTION STARTED IN USA ? WISCONSIN IS GETTING UGLY !
» Revolution
» Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
» Pokemon Revolution Online

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dramas & Thrillers :: Dramas & Thrillers: General Comments-
Jump to: