View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Falling Skies   Tue May 08, 2012 2:13 pm

It is coming back and it was a good summer show and a good show overall cheers Back next month and is doing what a good sci fi drama should do! Great cast too and good story lines.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11266

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Sorry potato, do not mean to follow you about this place (or DO I?, lol), but I love this show and I am glad it is coming back. cheers

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Tue May 08, 2012 6:13 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Sorry potato, do not mean to follow you about this place (or DO I?, lol), but I love this show and I am glad it is coming back. cheers

You can follow me anytime Capi and in fact we can watch this together Smile
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Tue May 08, 2012 6:41 pm

potato74 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Why thank you tater!

We do love our sci fi shows!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Tue May 08, 2012 6:51 pm

capricious1 wrote:
potato74 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Why thank you tater!

We do love our sci fi shows!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

Female Posts : 578

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Tue May 22, 2012 5:48 pm

My hubby and I LOVE this show! I even catch it late night or early Sundays sometimes! We especially enjoy it because we lived in a suburb of Boston for many years so the locales are familiar. Looking forward to the new season.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Tue May 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Sunshine4all wrote:
My hubby and I LOVE this show! I even catch it late night or early Sundays sometimes! We especially enjoy it because we lived in a suburb of Boston for many years so the locales are familiar. Looking forward to the new season.

Cool! Hi sunshine cheers :sunny:
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed May 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Sunshine4all wrote:

Woohoo! Another Boston area person! Smile

This is a great show, I am happy it is coming back.

Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 am

Glad to see this has come back and I am enjoying the new season. However, the thing in Tom's eye and the removal of it was gross! Puke

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:11 am

I couldn't watch the eye part....I thought it was just a little speck & then it got longer & longer & longer Puke Good beginning of the season. I love those alien creatures & the sound of the robots pounding down the street creeps me out.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:57 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
I couldn't watch the eye part....I thought it was just a little speck & then it got longer & longer & longer Puke Good beginning of the season. I love those alien creatures & the sound of the robots pounding down the street creeps me out.

I KNOW! It was soooooo gross! Then it chewed it's way out of the jar and flew into the skitters eye, ewwwwwwww!

I agree, good start to the season. The sound of the robots pounding about is creepy, what about that strange, hollow, metallic type groan that you hear just before they show up.....spooky. Reminds me of the Tom Cruise version of "War of the Worlds" those aliens made a horrible screeching, honking noise......still freaks me out if I think of it.

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:52 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

I KNOW! It was soooooo gross! Then it chewed it's way out of the jar and flew into the skitters eye, ewwwwwwww!

I agree, good start to the season. The sound of the robots pounding about is creepy, what about that strange, hollow, metallic type groan that you hear just before they show up.....spooky. Reminds me of the Tom Cruise version of "War of the Worlds" those aliens made a horrible screeching, honking noise......still freaks me out if I think of it.
I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, but I loved War of the Worlds....scary basement scene when the antenna was creeping around. I have to admit I am a "disaster junkie". I loved 2012 because that had just about every disaster you could ask for, lol. The secret with disaster movies is not to expect too much, but I love a good earthquake, tornado, hurricane as long as they stay in the movies. Don't like when the real thing happens to people.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, but I loved War of the Worlds....scary basement scene when the antenna was creeping around. I have to admit I am a "disaster junkie". I loved 2012 because that had just about every disaster you could ask for, lol. The secret with disaster movies is not to expect too much, but I love a good earthquake, tornado, hurricane as long as they stay in the movies. Don't like when the real thing happens to people.

I am not a big fan either, but I liked the movie. I remember that scene with the antenna-----super creepy. 2012 was a great movie. Also liked "The Mist" based on the Stephen King story, kind of an alien/end of the world story and the ending was sooooo shocking.

Earthquakes and tornadoes terrify me, I can handle hurricanes as I am used to them!

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:59 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

I am not a big fan either, but I liked the movie. I remember that scene with the antenna-----super creepy. 2012 was a great movie. Also liked "The Mist" based on the Stephen King story, kind of an alien/end of the world story and the ending was sooooo shocking.

Earthquakes and tornadoes terrify me, I can handle hurricanes as I am used to them!

Don't think I've seen The Mist...will have to look it up. I agree, I've been thru hurricanes in NY with minimal damage...power outages & trees down...not as bad as the South gets them. Earthquakes & tornadoes give no warning witch is terrifying...I can't imagine being in a really bad one. One time in CA I felt a low rumble & thought it was a heavy truck passing by, but found out later it was a small earthquake. Glad I didn't know what it was at the time or I would have panicked.

Sorry to the powers that be....getting off topic, lol. :eek2:
Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 pm

So glad this show is back...except all of the night scenes are making me blind! But I'll suffer through them to find out what's happening! I read somewhere that Tom (Noah Wylie) will be having more flashbacks as to what happened while he was on the alien ship. That should be REALLY interesting! The special effects are outstanding! :(happyhappy):
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Sunshine4all wrote:
So glad this show is back...except all of the night scenes are making me blind! But I'll suffer through them to find out what's happening! I read somewhere that Tom (Noah Wylie) will be having more flashbacks as to what happened while he was on the alien ship. That should be REALLY interesting! The special effects are outstanding! :(happyhappy):

That is good news because I need to know more!

This IS a great show! Smile

Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Another great episode IMO! So many questions - what's up with "Red Eye"? - why did Jimmy have to die? - will Tom find love again? Sundays can't get here fast enough!!!
Back to top Go down
Wembeley
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 1427

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Yeah love this show! I have learned to trust Noah Wylie and his choices. I came late to ER but when he started his Librarian series of shows I thought no way will these shows work and yet I loved them. So when Falling Skies was announced I just went with it. Plus my love of scifi I figured it would be a winner for me and it sure has been.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:18 am

Wembeley wrote:
Yeah love this show! I have learned to trust Noah Wylie and his choices. I came late to ER but when he started his Librarian series of shows I thought no way will these shows work and yet I loved them. So when Falling Skies was announced I just went with it. Plus my love of scifi I figured it would be a winner for me and it sure has been.

I loved the Librarian series! Noah Wylie is a great actor and Falling Skies is a great show! I am so happy there are so many sci fi fans on this site! cheers

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:10 pm

This show is such an amazing sci fi classic, it really is. Great characters finding love with all the pure hell and misery around them. Best summer show in tv, sorry BB confused
Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Hubby and I look forward to Sunday night t.v. mainly because of this show! It just keeps getting better and better! Don't like the itty bitty spider skitters, though! Yikes!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8836

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't know if I would call it an amazing Sci-Fi classic. Or even the best summer show on TV (I like Franklin & Bash) but it is an entertaining show. I missed the first season but it didn't take too long to get caught up.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Sunshine4all wrote:
Hubby and I look forward to Sunday night t.v. mainly because of this show! It just keeps getting better and better! Don't like the itty bitty spider skitters, though! Yikes!

I know......ewwwwww.

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:54 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Sunshine4all wrote:

I know......ewwwwww.

the itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout, down came the skitters and havic all about :violin:
Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:45 pm

lol! Too funny, my sweet potato! I've missed you.... :(blowkisses): We must be on different threads from each other!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falling Skies   

Back to top Go down

Falling Skies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next