potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Nikita wrote:
potato74 wrote:
Nikita wrote:
Alcatraz is an OK show (for me). I like the fact that each week, we get a new story line and don't have to wait week after week for the outcome - but it's certainly NOT "Lost" (that show was AWESOME! Hubby and I watched the entire series on NetFlix - day after day and he was hooked - he'd go to bed early morning with red eyes and be back watching it again after 2-3hrs of sleep - good thing work was slow!).

Lost to me is THE best show ever on TV and I too saw all of it and started watching it all over again on Netflix's. I really like Alcatraz, but I doubt a show will ever be as good as Lost again. I love Sci Fi and I only see some similiarities in the way the show is being done, flashbacks, the hurly guy as pretty much the same guy, with a different name and the big sci fi twist of what is really happeing.

My husband went to LALA land with the 1st episode. We didn't have any taped shows to watch one weekend - so he tried Netflix (we had just re-registered) - and he saw it and thought "Let's watch this" (especially since we didn't have to wait week after week to watch every episode). And that was that! I'd do my housework, cook etc. and go watch the episode he was watching, he'd fill me in and I'd sit there for hours - he'd go do his work and get back on the couch ... YES - For over a week we'd become COUCH POTATOES! He was worse, I'd skip an episode - but him - NO WAY! He LOST a lot of sleep! LOL But yes, it was the best show I'd ever seen on TV.

I know, there are some episodes or parts of episodes that are so intense and so full of suspense and craziness that I was really on the edge of my seat. The others, the entering into the discovered shaft, concepts of heaven and hell and life and death and good vs evil, as creative as any show has ever been. I was so sad when the last episode aired, it was awful, like a freind died!
Back to top Go down
Nikita
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder

Female Posts : 3756

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 am

potato74 wrote:

I know, there are some episodes or parts of episodes that are so intense and so full of suspense and craziness that I was really on the edge of my seat. The others, the entering into the discovered shaft, concepts of heaven and hell and life and death and good vs evil, as creative as any show has ever been. I was so sad when the last episode aired, it was awful, like a freind died!

Yes! I'd always sit and think "HOW IN THE WORLD can someone come up with such an imagination" - I'm just fascinated by the writers - I mean, what kind of person can think of this kind of concept? It boggles the mind!

And as for the last episode, and realizing it's the END - no more episodes - well, you should have seen my hubby! Honestly, he looked like a druggie who was going through withdrawal symptoms! I was bad enough. I was totally "deflated". My hubby went as far as to say he's done with any other series - he didn't want to watch anything else for a short while after that - nothing was good enough. He's getting over it now! About bloody time I say! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bbjunkies.crazy4us.com
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Ratings for Alcatraz not very good now and I doubt it will be back next year.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:47 pm

potato74 wrote:
Ratings for Alcatraz not very good now and I doubt it will be back next year.

The show is pretty much tanking at this point and is down to a 5.5 million viewers, pretty much the kiss of certain death for coming back! Terra Nova even had a couple of more million viewers and look where that ended up. Sucks, cuz i think the show is quite good :(crymeariver): The cute blonde lead is adorable :(hubbahubba): and I love sci fi over sit coms anyday :(computersmash
Back to top Go down
BBFan31MN
BB ULTRA Super Junkie
BB ULTRA Super Junkie

Male Posts : 333

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:17 pm

I agree with Potato! This is a good show and the lead actress gets cuter and cuter with every episode!
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:19 pm

BBFan31MN wrote:
I agree with Potato! This is a good show and the lead actress gets cuter and cuter with every episode!

She so does doesn't she! At the beginning, I was like who is this young chickiepoo, then she started looking really cute and pretty sexy without even trying, those are the best kind of ladies and she is a blonde to boot!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8837

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:38 pm

potato74 wrote:
BBFan31MN wrote:

She so does doesn't she! At the beginning, I was like who is this young chickiepoo, then she started looking really cute and pretty sexy without even trying, those are the best kind of ladies and she is a blonde to boot!

While I will admit that she is a nice piece of eye candy for us male viewers, her character and acting may very well be why this show is doing so poorly. She is probably my least favorite part of the show. Each week I know she will be throwing her gun away so the bad guy can get away for a little bit and then they will save the day.

I love the Soto character (Thats probably the nerd in me talking!) and I have always been a Sam Neil fan. And the concept is fabulous. I know it's on the bubble and Fox is notorious for cancelling shows without giving them a fair chance, but hopefully if it doesn't make it, some other network will pick it up!
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:16 pm

ctown28 wrote:
potato74 wrote:
BBFan31MN wrote:

While I will admit that she is a nice piece of eye candy for us male viewers, her character and acting may very well be why this show is doing so poorly. She is probably my least favorite part of the show. Each week I know she will be throwing her gun away so the bad guy can get away for a little bit and then they will save the day.

I love the Soto character (Thats probably the nerd in me talking!) and I have always been a Sam Neil fan. And the concept is fabulous. I know it's on the bubble and Fox is notorious for cancelling shows without giving them a fair chance, but hopefully if it doesn't make it, some other network will pick it up!

I totally agree with you Ctown, she is eye candy and a very fine one at that, but as far as her character on the show and how much she makes the show tick, she is my least favorite as well. No Kate from Lost or Olivia from Fringe she is, not at all!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8837

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 am

I really liked the finale, hopefully it will get picked up for a 2nd season. They did answer quite a few questions, but as always that opens the door for more questions.

I don't know how much pull JJ Abrams has with the network, but hopefully he has enough to warrant a return.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:23 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I really liked the finale, hopefully it will get picked up for a 2nd season. They did answer quite a few questions, but as always that opens the door for more questions.

I don't know how much pull JJ Abrams has with the network, but hopefully he has enough to warrant a return.

I finally got around to seeing the finale and I liked it allot as I have the whole show. I hope it comes back as with any show with JJ Abrams name on it, they end the season with a new thing going on. confused cheers
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:25 am

I gave up on this a while back, hope you guys enjoyed the show for what it was though... Little chance it'll be back for Season 2.
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:38 pm

I agree with Philly (I ended up watching the last 8 eps on hulu) - most seemed kind of the same.

I think Fox has yet to capture the 24/House glory days. I'm glad House is coming to an end - should have happened a few seasons ago
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 6702

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Well I liked it. And if a second season gets to come out I bet we find out that the cop who got stabbed....is one of the 63's.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 pm

As a fan of sci fi, I think this show is very good and as a show in general it is as well. When stacked up against most others shows on the air right now, it is one of the best in every way. Creativity, characters, suprises, story line and plot twists. But it is all personal tatest anyway. Some of the biggest shows ever on tv I thought were bad, like Friends and sometimes a great show gets great ratings, like Lost and other times great shows do not get great ratings. It is all about pleasing the masses with ratings and not always about making a really great show. Alcaraz was not great, but it was really good. I hope it comes back, but I doubt it. Too odd for a big network hit I guess, but Lost worked, a rare exception.
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Alcaraz would work on SyFy Network maybe

Unless they put it on Friday nights - KOD night (sorry Fringe)
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:58 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:

Syfy is kind of a B list heaven. They don't put any real effort into any of their shows. If it wasn't for wrestling I don't think many would know there is a syfy channel. I use to think Great! Now I will get to see some great syfy stories and series. But in the end I get shows like Eureka, or Prehistoric Shark feeding frenzy....part 8.

I'm just saying as a syfy fan it has disappointed me greatly.

If it had to switch stations, I'd like to see it on HBO. Just so it would get the attention to detail it deserves....but it's just me....lol

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11267

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Naru wrote:
KermitTFrog wrote:

Syfy is kind of a B list heaven. They don't put any real effort into any of their shows. If it wasn't for wrestling I don't think many would know there is a syfy channel. I use to think Great! Now I will get to see some great syfy stories and series. But in the end I get shows like Eureka, or Prehistoric Shark feeding frenzy....part 8.

If it had to switch stations, I'd like to see it on HBO. Just so it would get the attention to detail it deserves....but it's just me....lol

SyFy has some great shows, Warehouse 13, Haven, Lost Girl, Being Human. Then again, I like Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth. Smile

“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 am

capricious1 wrote:
Naru wrote:
KermitTFrog wrote:

SyFy has some great shows, Warehouse 13, Haven, Lost Girl, Being Human. Then again, I like Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth. Smile

I like the two shows in red but to me the others are poorly done adaptations of the british shows. If you ever get the chance to see them I recomend it. Or maybe it is just the accents that make it better...LOL

Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11267

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:46 am

Naru wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
Naru wrote:
KermitTFrog wrote:

I like the two shows in red but to me the others are poorly done adaptations of the british shows. If you ever get the chance to see them I recomend it. Or maybe it is just the accents that make it better...LOL

I love the Brit version of Being Human, soooo good. Haven and Warehouse 13 are not Brit shows so I have nothing to compare them to. Lost Girl is in a category by itself, it is quirky. I watch a lot of BBC, love The Fades and of course, Doctor Who. The accent does make everything seem better somehow!

Josh Gates is the reason for my obsession with Destination Truth. Can't stop watching Ghost Hunters, love those guys.

Maybe Alcatraz could find a home on SyFy.

“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Naru wrote:
Or maybe it is just the accents that make it better...LOL

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
Naru wrote:

Speaking of this. whatever happened to the hot british babe from the "sci fi" re-make of bionic woman a few years back. She was hot! I like the show too, but her more!
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:15 pm

potato74 wrote:
KermitTFrog wrote:
Naru wrote:

Speaking of this. whatever happened to the hot british babe from the "sci fi" re-make of bionic woman a few years back. She was hot! I like the show too, but her more!

confused I didn't even know they made one. confused

Goes to show it wasn't that good I guess....lol

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Naru wrote:
potato74 wrote:
KermitTFrog wrote:
Naru wrote:

confused I didn't even know they made one. confused

Goes to show it wasn't that good I guess....lol

It was on NBC on Monday night about 5 years ago and was cancelled after about 2 months and I was sad, me and the other two guys that liked the lead babe bionic woman.
Back to top Go down
BBFan31MN
BB ULTRA Super Junkie
BB ULTRA Super Junkie

Male Posts : 333

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:23 pm

I think the name of the actress from that Bionic Woman show is Michelle Ryan. I had high hopes for that show and was disappointed that it didn't work out. I also really liked the show The Cape. Sucks that it got canceled and didn't get picked up by Syfy.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:36 pm

BBFan31MN wrote:
I think the name of the actress from that Bionic Woman show is Michelle Ryan. I had high hopes for that show and was disappointed that it didn't work out. I also really liked the show The Cape. Sucks that it got canceled and didn't get picked up by Syfy.

Oh yeah, that is her! I liked the cape at 1st, also they had the hot babe from the Sarah Conner Cronicles who played the good robot, but I lost interest in the cape as the show went on and was leaning toward being silly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   

Back to top Go down

Alcatraz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next