Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8840

PostSubject: Alcatraz   Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:32 am

Anyonw else watching this?

I caught the pilot last night and it was pretty good. Has me hooked in. I'm glad the premier was a two hour episode to allow some character development. And I think Sam Neil is great!
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:14 am

It was ok - I realize it is a pilot so there are things that needed to happen to set up the "team".

I think the sniper ep was better than the first one (LOL - putting the yappy guy in solitare with him).

I guess next week it will be back to 1 hour with condemned House to follow
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:42 am

Yes, the 2nd hour was definitely the better of the two and there is still some story that needs to be told. They maybe jumping the gun going into too big of questions so early in the show. The secret agent showing up in 1963 probably could have waited until a later episode, but lets see how it plays out.

That was funny with the yappy guy and I was going nuts trying to figure out where I had seen him before. Turns out it's Ben Cotton, the same guy that played Shane on Harper's Island!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11269

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Anyonw else watching this?

I caught the pilot last night and it was pretty good. Has me hooked in. I'm glad the premier was a two hour episode to allow some character development. And I think Sam Neil is great!

Going to watch it tonight as I DVR everything! I hate commercials! Smile

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:39 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Yes, the 2nd hour was definitely the better of the two and there is still some story that needs to be told. They maybe jumping the gun going into too big of questions so early in the show. The secret agent showing up in 1963 probably could have waited until a later episode, but lets see how it plays out.

That was funny with the yappy guy and I was going nuts trying to figure out where I had seen him before. Turns out it's Ben Cotton, the same guy that played Shane on Harper's Island!

Well if you said it was Ben CARTWRIGHT him I would know. Never watched Harper's Island.

How about the lady who got shot - showing up as the Island's head shrink? And what was it about that guy and the numbers - and why kill the birds before killing people?

I agree with the big questions - if you make it "Lost - the middle seasons" this early folks will turn elsewhere
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
And what was it about that guy and the numbers - and why kill the birds before killing people?

As far as I can tell it was about him being OCD! They explained something with the birds but I don't remember what it was!
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:47 pm

I love JJ Ambrams shows so I know I will like this. I only saw the beginning so far and I like it already. It is like a new Lost show cheers
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:36 pm

Sam Neil is one of my favorites....loved him as the nasty Cardinal on Tudors. At first I thought the lead female was a bit too young, but she grew on me after awhile & of course you can't go wrong w/Hurley.....good to see him again. I just hope I don't get "lost" & they explain things a bit as the series progresses.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Sam Neil is one of my favorites....loved him as the nasty Cardinal on Tudors. At first I thought the lead female was a bit too young, but she grew on me after awhile & of course you can't go wrong w/Hurley.....good to see him again. I just hope I don't get "lost" & they explain things a bit as the series progresses.

EXACTLY!

Sam Neil was great on the Tudors and he is good on this show too. I am liking what I am seeing so far!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:30 am

potato74 wrote:
I love JJ Ambrams shows so I know I will like this. I only saw the beginning so far and I like it already. It is like a new Lost show cheers

You're a little too in to Abrams and might not see what's bad about the show lol... But one thing you HAVE to understand. It is not like Lost, its not trying to be like Lost and it will NEVER be Lost...

With that said, it was alright. The 2nd hour (2nd episode) WAS stronger but nothing I havn't seen in any other crime drama. Same formula, same "intense" moments that work out in the end.. sma eeverything. And it was fairly predictable about the woman being someone that came back from Alcatraz so I was a little disappointed about the reveal but for anyone that didn't see it coming, hope you enjoyed that.

So far, not overly impressed by the show, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 am

mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:

You're a little too in to Abrams and might not see what's bad about the show lol... But one thing you HAVE to understand. It is not like Lost, its not trying to be like Lost and it will NEVER be Lost...

I really don't think this is even a JJ ABrams show. I think it is nothing more than him lending his name to it. If you notice he is listed as the producer for just the pilot episode and nothing else. He is not listed as director, writer , creator or anything past the very first episode which again he is only listed as producer.
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:22 pm

Hopefully the story lines will get better - otherwise it will be 1/2 season and done.

Lets hope Fox does better with Jack Bauer v 2.0 and "Touch"
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:41 pm

mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:

With that said, it was alright. The 2nd hour (2nd episode) WAS stronger but nothing I havn't seen in any other crime drama. Same formula, same "intense" moments that work out in the end.. sma eeverything. And it was fairly predictable about the woman being someone that came back from Alcatraz so I was a little disappointed about the reveal but for anyone that didn't see it coming, hope you enjoyed that.

Well Abrams to me is the best writer on TV by far! I do see similarities with the lost concept for sure and there sure is a comparison. Same writer, an island, same guy from the lost show, flashing back to the time before the present, an island, strong female lead again, sci fi, lots of things to learn and plot twists, it is lost, in a different form.

With all that said, I think the show is great already for what TV usually has to offer and is one of the best shows on right now. Whether it can stay that way or even get better remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 pm

potato74 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:

Well Abrams to me is the best writer on TV by far! I do see similarities with the lost concept for sure and there sure is a comparison. Same writer, an island, same guy from the lost show, flashing back to the time before the present, an island, strong female lead again, sci fi, lots of things to learn and plot twists, it is lost, in a different form.

With all that said, I think the show is great already for what TV usually has to offer and is one of the best shows on right now. Whether it can stay that way or even get better remains to be seen.

Like ctown said, Abrams isn't even a writer for the show. He only PRODUCES it... Meaning he sits on his ass and goes "you know what would be good?"... Thats all he does for it. lol.... Only show he really write for is Fringe, and he doesn't ever write every episode of that.

Sorry to crush your dreams, but you have to understand it may have Abrams name on it, but its NOT his show. He has not wrote one single line for Alcatraz.

The show is not Lost, stop treating like it is, you'll be disappointed in the end. First off, its not serialized... There will be an on going mythology for the sci fi part, but beyond that its a Crime Drama with a case of the week structure.

Who care if its on island, how much of the show has actually taken place on it so far? Not much. If you want to say its like Lost because an actor is on the show, I guess Hawaii Five-0 is like Lost because it takes place on an island and Jin (main character) and Locke (reoccurring character) are there.

There are far more differences than comparisons between these 2 shows, face it.. its NOT Lost!!!

Glad you're enjoying it, but make sure you know what you're enjoying.
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:05 pm

In fact most of Lost was filmed on Hawaii so 5-0 is even MORE like Lost in that aspect.

This show (so far) is not WOW. In a way its kind of predictable - hopefully it improves but if not, oh well
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 am

LOL so true, so I guess thats why I've been enjoying Hawaii Five-0 so much
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:18 pm

mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:

Like ctown said, Abrams isn't even a writer for the show. He only PRODUCES it... Meaning he sits on his ass and goes "you know what would be good?"... Thats all he does for it. lol.... Only show he really write for is Fringe, and he doesn't ever write every episode of that.

Sorry to crush your dreams, but you have to understand it may have Abrams name on it, but its NOT his show. He has not wrote one single line for Alcatraz.

The show is not Lost, stop treating like it is, you'll be disappointed in the end. First off, its not serialized... There will be an on going mythology for the sci fi part, but beyond that its a Crime Drama with a case of the week structure.

Who care if its on island, how much of the show has actually taken place on it so far? Not much. If you want to say its like Lost because an actor is on the show, I guess Hawaii Five-0 is like Lost because it takes place on an island and Jin (main character) and Locke (reoccurring character) are there.

There are far more differences than comparisons between these 2 shows, face it.. its NOT Lost!!!

lol! Is that right?! Not on my island it is not! Who really cares how much Abrams does or not do. His name is on the show, and it is a good show and it is lots of lost connections all over. Hurly or his new name is pretty much the same kind of guy. Even the fade out music before a commercial is like lost. It is Sci fi like lost and flashback like lost. It is also like Fringe as well, felmale lead trying to figure out what is happening. The alcatraz cons are like the others. It is not lost, but to say it has nothing to do with the show is comical.
My dreams are just fine and I think I will stick a pin in your ego and deflate it now Gassy
I will be disapointed if I compare it to lost, NOT! Are you the expert on how to watch tv :(nerdface): :(nosepick): :(shithitfan):
I know what I am enjoying a good sci fi show that has lost comparisons! lol! You are making it sound like I am saying Gillagans Island was the origianl lost. Whatever, it is allot like lost and fringe and that is what I like allot about it. With that note I say :(shitsmell): :(duckfart): :(club):
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:00 pm

potato? What ARE you enjoying lately? Shocked

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:07 pm

capricious1 wrote:
potato? What ARE you enjoying lately? Shocked

lol! Lots of cool stuff, thanks for asking my friend! :(starry):
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:41 pm

mk_philly wrote:
LOL so true, so I guess thats why I've been enjoying Hawaii Five-0 so much

You would have thought CSI Hawaii 5-0 would have started investigating that plane crash by now - are they waiting for a guy with big knives to lead them or something?

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:44 pm

capricious1 wrote:
potato? What ARE you enjoying lately?

Washing a, er, kitty?

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:07 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
potato? What ARE you enjoying lately?

Washing a, er, kitty?

how did you know!? That and hanging around with the others!
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 pm

potato74 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:

lol! Is that right?! Not on my island it is not! Who really cares how much Abrams does or not do. His name is on the show, and it is a good show and it is lots of lost connections all over. Hurly or his new name is pretty much the same kind of guy. Even the fade out music before a commercial is like lost. It is Sci fi like lost and flashback like lost. It is also like Fringe as well, felmale lead trying to figure out what is happening. The alcatraz cons are like the others. It is not lost, but to say it has nothing to do with the show is comical.
My dreams are just fine and I think I will stick a pin in your ego and deflate it now Gassy
I will be disapointed if I compare it to lost, NOT! Are you the expert on how to watch tv :(nerdface): :(nosepick): :(shithitfan):
I know what I am enjoying a good sci fi show that has lost comparisons! lol! You are making it sound like I am saying Gillagans Island was the origianl lost. Whatever, it is allot like lost and fringe and that is what I like allot about it. With that note I say :(shitsmell): :(duckfart): :(club):

You're hopeless, stay in your bubble, it seems like you're pretty safe there. enjoy the show...
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:31 pm

mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:
potato74 wrote:

You're hopeless, stay in your bubble, it seems like you're pretty safe there. enjoy the show...

I live in the real world and I am doing fine! You are not the wizard of oz!
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

I just let JJ Abrams, you're hero explain why its not Lost...

http://www.tvrage.com/news/322/j-j-abrams-assures-fans-that-alcatraz-is-not-lost
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcatraz   

Back to top Go down

Alcatraz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next